[SPOILER] You used them again?

So I was in the [Fortress of Jahai](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fortress_of_Jahai "Fortress of Jahai"), just NE of the Great Hall POI, when I heard someone say (somethign like) "We're in the wrong place." I looked over and saw i think it was 3 [Commandos](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Commando "Commandos") all with the name "???" go running across the area and back into a Rift portal.

Anyone else seen this? Or am I crazy?

I did what I could to get a screenshot but it was very quick, and all I got was the following...

![](https://i.imgur.com/ephx6lv.png "")

> @"Khanco.1584" said:

> It's possible this could be a reference to an old GW1 April Fools quest where you played as time travelling commandos. It'd fit with what's going on this patch at least

More than GW1, when they were releasing profession info for GW2 they had an april fools page with screenshots and a video of the commandos going after the Shatterer.

> @"Kong.3280" said:

> > @"Khanco.1584" said:

> > It's possible this could be a reference to an old GW1 April Fools quest where you played as time travelling commandos. It'd fit with what's going on this patch at least

>

> More than GW1, when they were releasing profession info for GW2 they had an april fools page with screenshots and a video of the commandos going after the Shatterer.

It was all part of the same thing.

They announced the profession for GW2 - as a joke, in response to people freaking out that every new profession announced was over-powered - then said you could go to Embark Beach and find a commando standing next to a helicopter and speak to him to try the new profession in GW1. I went there to see all the confused people looking for the helicopter and for the first time in my life literally fell off my chair laughing when it was actually there. (Then spent all day doing the quests.)

These are definitely the same commandos, or at least the same kind of commandos maybe not the same actual people. And going through mist portals does fit with both their story and the new map. It will be interesting to see if this develops into anything more or if it's just an easter egg.

> @"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:

> Best April Fool ever on Guild Wars 1 tho ...

As I said in the other topic it literally made me fall out of my chair laughing. I read the announcement and went to Embark Beach to see all the confused people looking for the helicopter...then it was actually there and the 'preview' quest was real!

> @"Jink Bonestealer.9274" said:

> I got a shot of the npcs: https://imgur.com/itkBnFC

Nice catch. When I saw them i was in shock and surprised at what i was seeing. Didn't catch the screenshot fast enough.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

>

> It was all part of the same thing.

>

> They announced the profession for GW2 - as a joke, in response to people freaking out that every new profession announced was over-powered - then said you could go to Embark Beach and find a commando standing next to a helicopter and speak to him to try the new profession in GW1. I went there to see all the confused people looking for the helicopter and for the first time in my life literally fell off my chair laughing when it was actually there. (Then spent all day doing the quests.)

Ya I remember. Long time GW player/fan. Still one of the best april fools jokes they have done.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

>

> These are definitely the same commandos, or at least the same kind of commandos maybe not the same actual people. And going through mist portals does fit with both their story and the new map. It will be interesting to see if this develops into anything more or if it's just an easter egg.

I'm expecting that is all we get, but time will tell.