Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > > > I dont think the sigils are going to get much higher in price (I reckon the number of players willing to pay 10g+ for each is very limited). Theres a somewhat reliable way of getting them right now but relies on a bit of luck and thats through the mystic forge by combining 4 rare sigils. So if the price ever rose to say 20g per sigil it might become profitable for players to do this and that will take the price down a bit again. I think it will not drop to below 3g in price for atleast 6 months but It will _eventually_ get to that point (rather than 5-10g as the long term price) even if anet doesnt do anything about it but the time frame were talking about for the price to drop is significant.

> > > >

> > > > I think you're vastly underestimating what the ultra rich in this game do. They can keep the price inflated for months and months and months sitting on 10,000+ sigils and not care, they've already got thousands and thousands of gold piled up and have everything they could ever want already. All that's going to happen is the price is just going to go up and peoples patience is going to get shorter and shorter till eventually they'll say "screw it" and just buy the sigils.

> > > >

> > > > Hell we're approaching 18g per sigil just since last night, that's a 3g increase overnight, so it wouldn't surprise me if they force the price up to 30-40g. The worst part is I would assume that would force ArenaNet to do something about it, but it won't just like I'd assume ArenaNet would learn from these mistakes but they won't just like they haven't in the past. The bummer is this time around part of their team made some really good quality content and it's absolutely tarnished and ruined because of other parts of the company that are massively dropping the ball (that's gotta feel great for them).

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > To what end? Burn gold endlessly?

> > >

> > >> Let us assume for a moment that some "ultra rich" players decided to do that. Let us assume they keep the price constant at 20 gold and buy up all supply which would threaten the price dropping. Want to take a guess what is going to happen next? Everybody will start selling at close to 20 gold per Sigil forcing our "ultra rich" players to continuously buy up Sigils at near 20 gold.

> > > >

> > They don't have to keep buying up anything, with no reliable means to replenish the market and allow players and it to rebalance the price naturally all they have to do is sit on their stockpile and ration the sigils they're listing. Given the demand for requiem it will always out strip the supply keeping the prices inflated all on it's own. This is why ArenaNet has to step in, there is no way for things to naturally fix themselves.

> >

> >

>

> Aehm no.

>

> EDIT: let me explain in short: supply is constant, demand is finite. What you said makes no sense.

The supply is constant...ly low, as there is no reliable means to replenish the total stock of Sigils of Nullification. Also demand might diminish over time but it by no means will disappear, people will always want this armor and frankly it's a little unreasonable to say "oh hey wait another 6 months to get yours until people have moved onto the next shiny thing so the prices drop a little"

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > > > > I dont think the sigils are going to get much higher in price (I reckon the number of players willing to pay 10g+ for each is very limited). Theres a somewhat reliable way of getting them right now but relies on a bit of luck and thats through the mystic forge by combining 4 rare sigils. So if the price ever rose to say 20g per sigil it might become profitable for players to do this and that will take the price down a bit again. I think it will not drop to below 3g in price for atleast 6 months but It will _eventually_ get to that point (rather than 5-10g as the long term price) even if anet doesnt do anything about it but the time frame were talking about for the price to drop is significant.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think you're vastly underestimating what the ultra rich in this game do. They can keep the price inflated for months and months and months sitting on 10,000+ sigils and not care, they've already got thousands and thousands of gold piled up and have everything they could ever want already. All that's going to happen is the price is just going to go up and peoples patience is going to get shorter and shorter till eventually they'll say "screw it" and just buy the sigils.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hell we're approaching 18g per sigil just since last night, that's a 3g increase overnight, so it wouldn't surprise me if they force the price up to 30-40g. The worst part is I would assume that would force ArenaNet to do something about it, but it won't just like I'd assume ArenaNet would learn from these mistakes but they won't just like they haven't in the past. The bummer is this time around part of their team made some really good quality content and it's absolutely tarnished and ruined because of other parts of the company that are massively dropping the ball (that's gotta feel great for them).

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > To what end? Burn gold endlessly?

> > > >

> > > >> Let us assume for a moment that some "ultra rich" players decided to do that. Let us assume they keep the price constant at 20 gold and buy up all supply which would threaten the price dropping. Want to take a guess what is going to happen next? Everybody will start selling at close to 20 gold per Sigil forcing our "ultra rich" players to continuously buy up Sigils at near 20 gold.

> > > > >

> > > They don't have to keep buying up anything, with no reliable means to replenish the market and allow players and it to rebalance the price naturally all they have to do is sit on their stockpile and ration the sigils they're listing. Given the demand for requiem it will always out strip the supply keeping the prices inflated all on it's own. This is why ArenaNet has to step in, there is no way for things to naturally fix themselves.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Aehm no.

> >

> > EDIT: let me explain in short: supply is constant, demand is finite. What you said makes no sense.

>

> The supply is constant...ly low, as there is no reliable means to replenish the total stock of Sigils of Nullification. Also demand might diminish over time but it by no means will disappear, people will always want this armor and frankly it's a little unreasonable to say "oh hey wait another 6 months to get yours until people have moved onto the next shiny thing so the prices drop a little"

>

You were arguing that people can keep the price artificially inflated for an extended period of time. I explained how that is not possible without having to subsidies the investment.

You then shifted to explaining that prices would NEVER go down. I explained how that is unrealistic.

Now we are down to: it is unrealistic for people to wait 6 months.

Demand at 20 gold per Sigil will not hold for long. Both because it locks out a huge quantity of the player base who can not afford it or do not want to afford it. Ergo the price will fall faster than 6 months. How far time will tell.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > > > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > > > > > I dont think the sigils are going to get much higher in price (I reckon the number of players willing to pay 10g+ for each is very limited). Theres a somewhat reliable way of getting them right now but relies on a bit of luck and thats through the mystic forge by combining 4 rare sigils. So if the price ever rose to say 20g per sigil it might become profitable for players to do this and that will take the price down a bit again. I think it will not drop to below 3g in price for atleast 6 months but It will _eventually_ get to that point (rather than 5-10g as the long term price) even if anet doesnt do anything about it but the time frame were talking about for the price to drop is significant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think you're vastly underestimating what the ultra rich in this game do. They can keep the price inflated for months and months and months sitting on 10,000+ sigils and not care, they've already got thousands and thousands of gold piled up and have everything they could ever want already. All that's going to happen is the price is just going to go up and peoples patience is going to get shorter and shorter till eventually they'll say "screw it" and just buy the sigils.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hell we're approaching 18g per sigil just since last night, that's a 3g increase overnight, so it wouldn't surprise me if they force the price up to 30-40g. The worst part is I would assume that would force ArenaNet to do something about it, but it won't just like I'd assume ArenaNet would learn from these mistakes but they won't just like they haven't in the past. The bummer is this time around part of their team made some really good quality content and it's absolutely tarnished and ruined because of other parts of the company that are massively dropping the ball (that's gotta feel great for them).

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > To what end? Burn gold endlessly?

> > > > >

> > > > >> Let us assume for a moment that some "ultra rich" players decided to do that. Let us assume they keep the price constant at 20 gold and buy up all supply which would threaten the price dropping. Want to take a guess what is going to happen next? Everybody will start selling at close to 20 gold per Sigil forcing our "ultra rich" players to continuously buy up Sigils at near 20 gold.

> > > > > >

> > > > They don't have to keep buying up anything, with no reliable means to replenish the market and allow players and it to rebalance the price naturally all they have to do is sit on their stockpile and ration the sigils they're listing. Given the demand for requiem it will always out strip the supply keeping the prices inflated all on it's own. This is why ArenaNet has to step in, there is no way for things to naturally fix themselves.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Aehm no.

> > >

> > > EDIT: let me explain in short: supply is constant, demand is finite. What you said makes no sense.

> >

> > The supply is constant...ly low, as there is no reliable means to replenish the total stock of Sigils of Nullification. Also demand might diminish over time but it by no means will disappear, people will always want this armor and frankly it's a little unreasonable to say "oh hey wait another 6 months to get yours until people have moved onto the next shiny thing so the prices drop a little"

> >

>

> You were arguing that people can keep the price artificially inflated for an extended period of time. I explained how that is not possible without having to subsidies the investment.

>

> You then shifted to explaining that prices would NEVER go down. I explained how that is unrealistic.

>

> Now we are down to: it is unrealistic for people to wait 6 months.

>

> Demand at 20 gold per Sigil will not hold for long. Both because it locks out a huge quantity of the player base who can not afford it or do not want to afford it. Ergo the price will fall faster than 6 months. How far time will tell.

I was being a lil hyperbolic tbh, I guess what I should have said is people can keep the price inflated to the point it's much higher than it "should be" in a unmanipulated market for extended periods of time with very little effort.

> @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > @"Atticus.7194" said:

> > > > > > > > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > > > > > > > I dont think the sigils are going to get much higher in price (I reckon the number of players willing to pay 10g+ for each is very limited). Theres a somewhat reliable way of getting them right now but relies on a bit of luck and thats through the mystic forge by combining 4 rare sigils. So if the price ever rose to say 20g per sigil it might become profitable for players to do this and that will take the price down a bit again. I think it will not drop to below 3g in price for atleast 6 months but It will _eventually_ get to that point (rather than 5-10g as the long term price) even if anet doesnt do anything about it but the time frame were talking about for the price to drop is significant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think you're vastly underestimating what the ultra rich in this game do. They can keep the price inflated for months and months and months sitting on 10,000+ sigils and not care, they've already got thousands and thousands of gold piled up and have everything they could ever want already. All that's going to happen is the price is just going to go up and peoples patience is going to get shorter and shorter till eventually they'll say "screw it" and just buy the sigils.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hell we're approaching 18g per sigil just since last night, that's a 3g increase overnight, so it wouldn't surprise me if they force the price up to 30-40g. The worst part is I would assume that would force ArenaNet to do something about it, but it won't just like I'd assume ArenaNet would learn from these mistakes but they won't just like they haven't in the past. The bummer is this time around part of their team made some really good quality content and it's absolutely tarnished and ruined because of other parts of the company that are massively dropping the ball (that's gotta feel great for them).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To what end? Burn gold endlessly?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >> Let us assume for a moment that some "ultra rich" players decided to do that. Let us assume they keep the price constant at 20 gold and buy up all supply which would threaten the price dropping. Want to take a guess what is going to happen next? Everybody will start selling at close to 20 gold per Sigil forcing our "ultra rich" players to continuously buy up Sigils at near 20 gold.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > They don't have to keep buying up anything, with no reliable means to replenish the market and allow players and it to rebalance the price naturally all they have to do is sit on their stockpile and ration the sigils they're listing. Given the demand for requiem it will always out strip the supply keeping the prices inflated all on it's own. This is why ArenaNet has to step in, there is no way for things to naturally fix themselves.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Aehm no.

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: let me explain in short: supply is constant, demand is finite. What you said makes no sense.

> > >

> > > The supply is constant...ly low, as there is no reliable means to replenish the total stock of Sigils of Nullification. Also demand might diminish over time but it by no means will disappear, people will always want this armor and frankly it's a little unreasonable to say "oh hey wait another 6 months to get yours until people have moved onto the next shiny thing so the prices drop a little"

> > >

> >

> > You were arguing that people can keep the price artificially inflated for an extended period of time. I explained how that is not possible without having to subsidies the investment.

> >

> > You then shifted to explaining that prices would NEVER go down. I explained how that is unrealistic.

> >

> > Now we are down to: it is unrealistic for people to wait 6 months.

> >

> > Demand at 20 gold per Sigil will not hold for long. Both because it locks out a huge quantity of the player base who can not afford it or do not want to afford it. Ergo the price will fall faster than 6 months. How far time will tell.

>

> I was being a lil hyperbolic tbh, I guess what I should have said is people can keep the price inflated to the point it's much higher than it "should be" in a unmanipulated market for extended periods of time with very little effort.

Yes that I can agree to. My bad if I misunderstood.

Everyone keeps talking about how the "TP barons" are manipulating and controlling the market. The price is only this high because people are willing to pay it. They don't control anything because new sigils will constantly be created. When people are no longer willing to pay the current price, then they will come down. In all honesty, the current gold cost for THREE sets of desirable skins is quite reasonable.

> @"MachineManXX.9746" said:

> Everyone keeps talking about how the "TP barons" are manipulating and controlling the market. The price is only this high because people are willing to pay it. They don't control anything because new sigils will constantly be created. When people are no longer willing to pay the current price, then they will come down. In all honesty, the current gold cost for THREE sets of desirable skins is quite reasonable.

Given that the entire stock of all sigils got bought from the trading post within a matter of hours of the patch going live i kinda agree with the people saying the barons have purchased them. Regardless, the stock that existed prior to the mass buy out still isnt enough for even a fraction of the playerbase to obtain the armor, and the sigils price is the biggest factor for a bunch of people not working on it from what ive seen in chats around various maps in game.

> In all honesty, the current gold cost for THREE sets of desirable skins is quite reasonable.

I disagree. If you buy an outfit from the gemstore it takes almost zero effort (just the time it take you to get 700gems). On the other hand you have to farm the map curency for maybe a week to get all 3 sets, so tacking on the extra gold cost on top is unreasonable when comparing it to outfits. Also as many have pointed out the price each player has to pay is fluctuating wildly due to the shortage of a single sigil and sadly this is probably not a developer oversight either else it could be sorted out easily/promptly :/

> Everyone keeps talking about how the "TP barons" are manipulating and controlling the market. The price is only this high because people are willing to pay it. They don't control anything because new sigils will constantly be created. When people are no longer willing to pay the current price, then they will come down. In all honesty, the current gold cost for THREE sets of desirable skins is quite reasonable.

I wouldn't phrase it like that, I would say the price is high because people feel like they have no other option. They can't craft it, they can't reliably farm it. So yes they are "willing" but its not the same as if someone was just lazy and "willing" to pay the money instead of crafting it themselves or something.

I bought the first ten I needed when they were 3-5 gold each, I still need 15 more. I have a couple waiting in my bank that friends gave me because they knew I was a little upset over the cost going so high. So I have to either hope I get lucky, or kiss goodbye to 180 gold if I want to complete the collection anytime soon.

I feel like if the collection was intended to be pricey, they should have just chosen an item already known for being pricey that has a reliable source. It would have boosted the price up a little bit, but not this much. Instead it was an item that was really cheap right up until it was needed for this collection.

There is a lot of speculation as to why anet chosen this sigil.

Was it chosen because they wanted to make this particular sigil worth more?

Was it chosen because it fit a certain theme?

Was it chosen because it's rarity?

We can't say for certain unless anet makes a statement on it.

To me, the issue isn't the price. I never complained about the cost for the griffon. And neither is the issue the TP flippers, at least not directly, they only made the issue more apparent.

To me the issue is that this was a cheap item, so cheap people would often vendor it instead of putting it on the TP. People who could speed through the new content and get to the collection quickly were able to complete it for practically pennies.

Anyone who couldn't play the new content day one are now staring at a huge paywall that the "early birds" didn't even have to try to step over.

Had to work? Had a family event like a wedding or funeral to go to? Did a storm knock out your power? Any number of other things that hold the potential to keep you from playing the new living story day one?

Now you have to pay 300+ gold for something that other people were able to grab for 6 silver.

Don't have 300 gold? Well maybe in six months the price will have dropped back down. But then again, maybe it won't have. Who knows.

Comments like this are incredibly disingenuous, you're conveniently omitting that RNG is currently the only means to replenish the existing market stock.

Also comparing this armor to an outfit or armor set from the gemstore is a total false equivalency, this armor set requires in-game farming and questline completion which does have a monetary value believe it or not. Clearly this set is meant to be a reward for going through an admittedly very good questline and in it's farming helping keep the new map alive. Stalling all that because a couple players are manipulating the market and ArenaNet isn't moving forward with a solution is a total disservice to the amount of thought that was clearly put into this set and this questline to integrate into the game itself, NOT the gemstore.

Currently I can't advance the achievement which truly makes me not bother with the new map as much as I'd want to. So this sigil price manipulation is going to affect the new zone. I'm sure other players might feel the same way. Minimal zone use = failed ANeT creation. The lack of forethought into this armor is clearly showing.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> I feel like if the collection was intended to be pricey, they should have just chosen an item already known for being pricey that has a reliable source

If it was intended to be expensive, they'd have hard-coded a fixed cost into it via vendor-sold items like they did with the griffin. People would be much less angry if that were the case, too.

I refuse to believe Anet handled the much-hyped flagship feature of this episode _this_ badly on purpose.

> @"Atticus.7194" said:

> Clearly this set is meant to be a reward for going through an admittedly very good questline and in it's farming helping keep the new map alive. Stalling all that because a couple players are manipulating the market and ArenaNet isn't moving forward with a solution is a total disservice to the amount of thought that was clearly put into this set and this questline to integrate into the game itself, NOT the gemstore.

You rise a very good point here, the map is already declining in population for couple of days now for what I have seen.

I have been farming the map for many days now preparing for the questline to buy the sets, but when I reached the part when I need the sigils and saw the price on them the desire to keep farming the map disappeared completely, now I have no reason to go to the map whatsoever.

Well demand at the new increased prices last night of 18g-20g must of been a slight cause for concern with stock levels available reaching very depleted numbers.. so a miraculous pump of a few hundred suddenly appeared.. bless their souls. Now were back to 15g plus some change, which was healthier for demand I guess.

Keep forging them major runes though, with the exception of a few even their numbers are dropping and the prices rising nicely.. around 2silver more than before over last 12hrs or so. Guess players got bored of rerolling :)

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:> and the price will still fall even without new supply in form of increased drop rates or withheld supply entering the market since new supply entering the market can not be pre-purchased.

>

> Demand dropping will reduce the price while putting pressure on people to sell their Sigils for as much as possible.

>

> I am the one who is ignorant?

I think that yes, you are.

I'm still waiting for Sam's price to drop down to the price it was selling before it was added to a collection. And that was years ago...

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:> Demand at 20 gold per Sigil will not hold for long. Both because it locks out a huge quantity of the player base who can not afford it or do not want to afford it. Ergo the price will fall faster than 6 months. How far time will tell.

You are so active on this subject, and so against the solution to add a crafting recipe to make this sigil that I am seriously suspecting you are one of the few who bought a good chunk of the supply when it was cheap and are now reselling them at inflated prices.

> @"creepyXtina.2560" said:

> I dunno if this question has been asked already but what the hell have sigils to do with armor anyway? What intern came up with this idea xD

>

> I hope anet comes up with a solution about this. A recipe for the sigil requiring farmable materials would be nice!

It cannot be for economy reasons, since rare runes and exotic armors need a sink way more than sigils. If it was for economy reasons, the required item would have been a series of different runes salvaged from different loot exotic armors, to give back some value to all these exotic armors that have been slowly losing value until getting to under 30s, not a single sigil salvaged from a few specific weapons.

That leaves lore as the most likely reason. Someone picked that sigil because it's called "of Nullification", to create a 'barrier', without actually considering the possible ramifications of using that particular item.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > @"creepyXtina.2560" said:

> > I dunno if this question has been asked already but what the hell have sigils to do with armor anyway? What intern came up with this idea xD

> >

> > I hope anet comes up with a solution about this. A recipe for the sigil requiring farmable materials would be nice!

>

> It cannot be for economy reasons, since rare runes and exotic armors need a sink way more than sigils. If it was for economy reasons, the required item would have been a series of different runes salvaged from different loot exotic armors, to give back some value to all these exotic armors that have been slowly losing value until getting to under 30s, not a single sigil salvaged from a few specific weapons.

>

> That leaves lore as the most likely reason. Someone picked that sigil because it's called "of Nullification", to create a 'barrier', without actually considering the possible ramifications of using that particular item.

EEEK .. phat finga error :) - -DELETE PLZ

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > @"creepyXtina.2560" said:

> > > I dunno if this question has been asked already but what the hell have sigils to do with armor anyway? What intern came up with this idea xD

> > >

> > > I hope anet comes up with a solution about this. A recipe for the sigil requiring farmable materials would be nice!

> >

> > It cannot be for economy reasons, since rare runes and exotic armors need a sink way more than sigils. If it was for economy reasons, the required item would have been a series of different runes salvaged from different loot exotic armors, to give back some value to all these exotic armors that have been slowly losing value until getting to under 30s, not a single sigil salvaged from a few specific weapons.

> >

> > That leaves lore as the most likely reason. Someone picked that sigil because it's called "of Nullification", to create a 'barrier', without actually considering the possible ramifications of using that particular item.

>

While that may be a reason for using.. nullification from a lore perspective.. this is in no way a coincidental underestimation, otherwise there would of been an almost immediate correction to this.

-- SNIP--

Sorry re-read your post I see what you were getting at...… deleted response accordingly.. twice due to phat finga syndrome :)

But I am firmly in belief that this was a calculated steer using obvious market forces based on known supply and demand and what can be gained from it over a period of time.