Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > It’s an issue that’s currently impacting less than 5% of the population based on gw2efficiency data.

>

> Then gw2efficiency data is wrong, because that means that only 5% of the population have POF, and that is not true.

In no way does that mean that only 5% have PoF. Only a little over 4% of registered players have completed the collection step prior to the ones that require the sigils. Accounting for all of those that have completed variations of subsequent steps, that’s about 3% that are directly impeded at the moment because of sigils. Everyone else hasn’t even gotten to that point yet.

I know it's now stopped me dead in my tracks. I did the first three segments (I had 8 in personal guild storage), but the rest is simply too expensive for me to bother with.

Which also means I see no reason to return to that map again. I have the home node, so I'll gain the resource slowly over time. Not that I have anything to spend it on.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > It’s an issue that’s currently impacting less than 5% of the population based on gw2efficiency data.

> >

> > Then gw2efficiency data is wrong, because that means that only 5% of the population have POF, and that is not true.

>

> In no way does that mean that only 5% have PoF. Only a little over 4% of registered players have completed the collection step prior to the ones that require the sigils. Accounting for all of those that have completed variations of subsequent steps, that’s about 3% that are directly impeded at the moment because of sigils. Everyone else hasn’t even gotten to that point yet.

A lot of people I know stopped bothering because there's no point in continuing if you know you're just gonna get stonewalled by horrible design and lack of foresight on the part of A.net regarding this.

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> "affect" doesn't mean that it's a problem only for the ppl that have started the collection. It means that it will be an issue for everyone that can (and probably would) start it. Many of them, the vast majority, won't even start it now because of the ridiculous sigil thing.

There are collections that are years old with low completion rates. Not everyone completed them or even bothers to go for them. I also specifically stated “directly impeding” which is that they’re at either of the steps that require the sigils.

> @"Nezremar.5186" said:

> Well, since I found out that i needed 25 of these sigils for me this map died and as I see , it will stay dead.

Same here it's been a week since I last set foot on the map and I got no reason at all to return. The population has been declining ever since people realize they need the sigil and saw the prices, I wonder for how long it will still have enough population for shatterer 2.0 or the other group events for that matter.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > Since there are so many pages now, I will repeat what I wrote before and can only recommend following my advice (then this thread will become pointless):

> >

> > **Simply order your sigils at a reasonable price.** Problem solved. I ordered at 2-3g at a time when the price was already beyond 10g and received my sigils within hours. Nobody is forcing you to pay such a horrendous amount of gold. Be smart, have patience. If people stopped buying at those high prices, prices would never have skyrocketted like that.

>

> A 2 to 3 gold order today will likely sit unfilled for months or even years at this point, all the while tying up your gold on the TP.

Yes, but as I say, it is the fault of all the people who complain, yet pay the current listing price.

> @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > See? I told you guys. Everything is working as intended, and there won't be any changes. Never.

>

> Everything isnt working as intended, they probably dont care. Im sure you and the other people who had a hand in this price spike are happy now

If it wasn’t working as intended, don’t you think they would have added a fix? Only Anet knows whether something was intended as their silence and inaction supports the idea that it was over the idea that it wasn’t.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> It’s an _issue_ that’s currently directly impeding less than 3% of the population based on gw2efficiency data.

Cos GW2 efficiency is all seeing of course.. now who is taking something and making it to be absolute, when you simply have no clue... like everyone is a GW2 Efficiency Connoisseur.

> @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > See? I told you guys. Everything is working as intended, and there won't be any changes. Never.

>

> Everything isnt working as intended, they probably dont care. Im sure you and the other people who had a hand in this price spike are happy now

hehe, I had such hand that I had and spent 0 sigils.

My advantage was (and still is) that I couldn't care less about that ugly armor collection, but yet I admit the very bad move Anet did with the sigils, specially because they knew what would happen.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > It’s an _issue_ that’s currently directly impeding less than 3% of the population based on gw2efficiency data.

>

> Cos GW2 efficiency is all seeing of course.. now who is taking something and making it to be absolute, when you simply have no clue... like everyone is a GW2 Efficiency Connoisseur.

Well people on the opposite side of this had no issues with using it to support what they were arguing. I didn’t see you dismissing their post because of them using gw2efficiency.

If you actually read my post completely, you would see that I stated according to gw2efficiency data. At no point did I say that it spoke for the entire player population.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > > See? I told you guys. Everything is working as intended, and there won't be any changes. Never.

> >

> > Everything isnt working as intended, they probably dont care. Im sure you and the other people who had a hand in this price spike are happy now

>

> If it wasn’t working as intended, don’t you think they would have added a fix? Only Anet knows whether something was intended as their silence and inaction supports the idea that it was over the idea that it wasn’t.

At best it supports the idea that at the moment they don't consider it a problem big enough to make changing it a big priority. Nothing more.

There are a lot of things that aren't working as intended but weren't fixed, because Anet didn't consider the unintended consequence to be enough of a problem. And in many cases, whether it will be considered a big enough problem or not is purely dependant on whether players will complain or be silent.

So, no, lack of a fix doesn't mean they intended it. And them not fixing it doesn't mean we should be silent if we don't like it.

One thing i _am_ sure of is that, barring Ane't intervention, this one is _not_ going to fix itself on its own. Just like MCs and leathers didn't "fix" themselves on their own.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:

> > > > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > > > See? I told you guys. Everything is working as intended, and there won't be any changes. Never.

> > >

> > > Everything isnt working as intended, they probably dont care. Im sure you and the other people who had a hand in this price spike are happy now

> >

> > If it wasn’t working as intended, don’t you think they would have added a fix? Only Anet knows whether something was intended as their silence and inaction supports the idea that it was over the idea that it wasn’t.

>

> At best it supports the idea that at the moment they don't consider it a problem big enough to make changing it a big priority. Nothing more.

>

> There are a lot of things that aren't working as intended but weren't fixed, because Anet didn't consider the unintended consequence to be enough of a problem. And in many cases, whether it will be considered a big enough problem or not is purely dependant on whether players will complain or be silent.

>

> So, no, lack of a fix doesn't mean they intended it. And them not fixing it doesn't mean we should be silent if we don't like it.

>

> One thing i _am_ sure of is that, barring Ane't intervention, this one is _not_ going to fix itself on its own. Just like MCs and leathers didn't "fix" themselves on their own.

That could very well be true too (in regards to the the unintended vs intended part).

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > It’s an issue that’s currently impacting less than 5% of the population based on gw2efficiency data.

> >

> > Then gw2efficiency data is wrong, because that means that only 5% of the population have POF, and that is not true.

>

> In no way does that mean that only 5% have PoF. Only a little over 4% of registered players have completed the collection step prior to the ones that require the sigils. Accounting for all of those that have completed variations of subsequent steps, that’s about 3% that are directly impeded at the moment because of sigils. Everyone else hasn’t even gotten to that point yet.

Um, I'm at that point and have not paid the ransom for the sigils. As soon as I hit that point in the collection I stopped, hoping ANeT would actually address the issue. Guess they don't really care for the vast number of players out there that don't have unlimited gold.

> @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > It’s an issue that’s currently impacting less than 5% of the population based on gw2efficiency data.

> > >

> > > Then gw2efficiency data is wrong, because that means that only 5% of the population have POF, and that is not true.

> >

> > In no way does that mean that only 5% have PoF. Only a little over 4% of registered players have completed the collection step prior to the ones that require the sigils. Accounting for all of those that have completed variations of subsequent steps, that’s about 3% that are directly impeded at the moment because of sigils. Everyone else hasn’t even gotten to that point yet.

>

> Um, I'm at that point and have not paid the ransom for the sigils. As soon as I hit that point in the collection I stopped, hoping ANeT would actually address the issue. Guess they don't really care for the vast number of players out there that don't have unlimited gold.

That's rather sensational. To be fair, you don't need unlimited gold for this set and there hasn't been much time since it was released to implement a fix IF Anet thinks it needs it.

When this happened previously (Red Steamed Dumplings - uncraftable; the few on TC quickly swallowed up; an extremely limited new supply and only during a short holiday) there was not one engagement by Anet, despite a similar number of comments to here.

So I'm also of the view that this is intended - and that it will happen again. I just don't understand why.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> It is unfortunate that anet has not yet created a solution to this problem by introducing additional supply of sigils after they created the demand that so far outstrips the existing supply . . .

I have my suspicions as to why, but posting them will likely get me in trouble.