Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > Roughly 10,019 players have completed experiment two which is the one right before sigils are needed. These would be the players that are currently impacted. Although you’d have to account for how many of them have completed subsequent collections.

> > > >

> > > > Experiment Completion

> > > >

> > > > * Three: 4760

> > > > * Four: 4071

> > > > * Five: 3629

> > > > * Six: 3407

> > > >

> > > > That’s a total of 103,135 sigils consumed amongst registered users. If you subtract the 23K bought by the “bad TP barons”, that comes to 80,135 sigils consumed outside of that. That’s an average of 2,357 per day since the episode’s release. This is much greater than the current supply you see on the TP.

> > > Look at those kitten numbers, _half the people who completed step two haven't done step three_. If that's not an indication of a problem, I don't know what is.

> > >

> > > But no, beep boop free market everything is fine.

> >

> > And? This doesn’t necessarily indicate a “problem” as there will be differences of completion rates for various steps in collections.

> >

> > For example:

> >

> > Roughly 20,721 gw2efficiency users have completed The Convergence of Sorrow I: Elegy but only 10,019 of them proceeded far enough into the requiem collection to get to the sigil part.

> >

> > Since half haven’t even done the first half of the requiem collection, does this indicate there’s an issue with that part? It must as you’re using the same reasoning to insinuate that there’s an issue with the second part.

>

> It may be indicate a problem because how many players out there are like myself and stopped when they realized the cost of those later steps, i know i did. Theres no point in me progressing further until this sigil is much loss costly than it is now, its to expensive to justify the cost of even bothering to get that far, and i do have enough to gold to buy the sigils.

That would be speculation as to why there’s a difference but you can see the same thing on other collections.

The price is an issue for you l, and others as you had mentioned, which is understandable. Fortunately it is coming down.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > Roughly 10,019 players have completed experiment two which is the one right before sigils are needed. These would be the players that are currently impacted. Although you’d have to account for how many of them have completed subsequent collections.

> > > > >

> > > > > Experiment Completion

> > > > >

> > > > > * Three: 4760

> > > > > * Four: 4071

> > > > > * Five: 3629

> > > > > * Six: 3407

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s a total of 103,135 sigils consumed amongst registered users. If you subtract the 23K bought by the “bad TP barons”, that comes to 80,135 sigils consumed outside of that. That’s an average of 2,357 per day since the episode’s release. This is much greater than the current supply you see on the TP.

> > > > Look at those kitten numbers, _half the people who completed step two haven't done step three_. If that's not an indication of a problem, I don't know what is.

> > > >

> > > > But no, beep boop free market everything is fine.

> > >

> > > And? This doesn’t necessarily indicate a “problem” as there will be differences of completion rates for various steps in collections.

> > >

> > > For example:

> > >

> > > Roughly 20,721 gw2efficiency users have completed The Convergence of Sorrow I: Elegy but only 10,019 of them proceeded far enough into the requiem collection to get to the sigil part.

> > >

> > > Since half haven’t even done the first half of the requiem collection, does this indicate there’s an issue with that part? It must as you’re using the same reasoning to insinuate that there’s an issue with the second part.

> >

> > It may be indicate a problem because how many players out there are like myself and stopped when they realized the cost of those later steps, i know i did. Theres no point in me progressing further until this sigil is much loss costly than it is now, its to expensive to justify the cost of even bothering to get that far, and i do have enough to gold to buy the sigils.

>

> That would be speculation as to why there’s a difference but you can see the same thing on other collections.

>

> The price is an issue for you l, and others as you had mentioned, which is understandable. Fortunately it is coming down.

Oh of course its a speculation, much of this thread is, well never have all the facts afterall, im just saying that its probably one of the larger causes. im fairly certain the average player doesnt have enough to gold to outright buy a legendary(as i do), hell id honestly be surprised if the average player had more than 500g.

And yes thankfully it is coming down, if it ever gets to around 5g ill be happy to purchase it for that price.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > Roughly 10,019 players have completed experiment two which is the one right before sigils are needed. These would be the players that are currently impacted. Although you’d have to account for how many of them have completed subsequent collections.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Experiment Completion

> > > > > >

> > > > > > * Three: 4760

> > > > > > * Four: 4071

> > > > > > * Five: 3629

> > > > > > * Six: 3407

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That’s a total of 103,135 sigils consumed amongst registered users. If you subtract the 23K bought by the “bad TP barons”, that comes to 80,135 sigils consumed outside of that. That’s an average of 2,357 per day since the episode’s release. This is much greater than the current supply you see on the TP.

> > > > > Look at those kitten numbers, _half the people who completed step two haven't done step three_. If that's not an indication of a problem, I don't know what is.

> > > > >

> > > > > But no, beep boop free market everything is fine.

> > > >

> > > > And? This doesn’t necessarily indicate a “problem” as there will be differences of completion rates for various steps in collections.

> > > >

> > > > For example:

> > > >

> > > > Roughly 20,721 gw2efficiency users have completed The Convergence of Sorrow I: Elegy but only 10,019 of them proceeded far enough into the requiem collection to get to the sigil part.

> > > >

> > > > Since half haven’t even done the first half of the requiem collection, does this indicate there’s an issue with that part? It must as you’re using the same reasoning to insinuate that there’s an issue with the second part.

> > >

> > > It may be indicate a problem because how many players out there are like myself and stopped when they realized the cost of those later steps, i know i did. Theres no point in me progressing further until this sigil is much loss costly than it is now, its to expensive to justify the cost of even bothering to get that far, and i do have enough to gold to buy the sigils.

> >

> > That would be speculation as to why there’s a difference but you can see the same thing on other collections.

> >

> > The price is an issue for you l, and others as you had mentioned, which is understandable. Fortunately it is coming down.

>

> Oh of course its a speculation, much of this thread is, well never have all the facts afterall, im just saying that its probably one of the larger causes. im fairly certain the average player doesnt have enough to gold to outright buy a legendary(as i do), hell id honestly be surprised if the average player had more than 500g.

> And yes thankfully it is coming down, if it ever gets to around 5g ill be happy to purchase it for that price.

Unfortunately even if the cost was still 2 silver it is still highly likely the sigil supply/ demand situation would be bottlenecked. In fact that would undoubtedly of highlighted the actual issue with this collection... supply simply cannot be guaranteed in any significant amounts in respect of demand... so as players loose interest as time goes on of course prices will fall, but when it drops sufficiently let's hope a large enough pool of sigils has had enough time to build up :)

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> * Existing stock in player inventories.

There was a total of 22.4k sigils available on the TP before the patch. According to gw2efficiency alone 103135 sigils were used in the next few days, that's way higher than the available global Supply on the TP. Maybe most of those people from gw2efficiency used their tomes to get their sigils? 63 tomes = 1 sigil, that's 1575 tomes of knowledge for all the sigils you need for the achievement, I don't think they had so many sigils just lying around "just in case", so some of them must've been from tomes (because nobody bought more than 22.4k.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

Bc it made ppl stop playing the game . . .

We're talking about a collection that is part of the story in a living world episode. Everyone is meant to be able to complete the story, this is evidenced by the frequency with which anet nerfs story cheeves and bosses bc not everyone can complete them with every class. So if the situation with the superior sigil of nullification caused ppl to look at the story and say 'nope, not doing that', that is a negative, unhealthy outcome for the game . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

> Bc it made ppl stop playing the game . . .

Source? (Outside of a mate of a mate guild member outright doesn't login and has said it is unequivocally because of the Convergence of Sorrow: Requiem.)

> We're talking about a collection that is part of the story in a living world episode. Everyone is meant to be able to complete the story, this is evidenced by the frequency with which anet nerfs story cheeves and bosses bc not everyone can complete them with every class.

The story, is nerfed. Something that actually stops you from progessing *the Story*, can be nerfed or relaxed. A collection which has no standing in your path to finish the story is not a hard road block. You just don't like the price.

Did a quick count of how many sigils of nullification were sold on the TP from 19 September and up to 22 October. 81229 sigils were sold TOTAL game wide. This includes re-sells (those buying on first day, then selling on later dates when the price was higher), so the grand total of sigils that were used by players towards the new collection (or anything else) is much lower.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Did a quick count of how many sigils of nullification were sold on the TP from 19 September and up to 22 October. 81229 sigils were sold TOTAL game wide. This includes re-sells (those buying on first day, then selling on later dates when the price was higher), so the grand total of sigils that were used by players towards the new collection (or anything else) is much lower.

Below is a Sigils used comparison, based on stats from Gw2efficiency, (These numbers will be higher as only a fraction of the player base actually use Gw2E)

**Oct 7th**

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/707959#Comment_707959

Requiem: Experiment 1- Completed by 9,525

Requiem: Experiment 2 -Completed by 8,449

Requiem: Experiment 3 - (10 sigils needed). Completed by 3,844

Requiem: Experiment 4 - (5 Sigils needed) Completed by 3,221

Requiem: Experiment 5 - (5 Sigils needed) Completed by 2,839

Requiem: Experiment 6 (Full completion of CoS Requiem)- (5 Sigils needed) Completed by 2,585

**Today, Oct 22nd (2 weeks and 1 day later)**

Requiem: Experiment 1- Completed by 11,131

Requiem: Experiment 2 -Completed by 10,033

Requiem: Experiment 3 - (10 sigils needed). Completed by 4,774 (930 accounts in 15 days = 9300 Sigils)

Requiem: Experiment 4 - (5 Sigils needed) Completed by 4,082 (861 accounts in 15 days = 4305 Sigils)

Requiem: Experiment 5 - (5 Sigils needed) Completed by 3,639 (800 accounts in 15 days = 4000 Sigils)

Requiem: Experiment 6 (Full completion of CoS Requiem)- (5 Sigils needed) Completed by 3,412 (827 accounts in 15 days = 4135 Sigils.)

Total sigils used in 15days = 21740. But sure, the supply on the TP is too low, lets ignore the fact many players instantly sell on the TP...

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

> > Bc it made ppl stop playing the game . . .

>

> Source? (Outside of a mate of a mate guild member outright doesn't login and has said it is unequivocally because of the Convergence of Sorrow: Requiem.)

>

I think you misunderstood. I didn't say quit the game, I said stop playing the game, and expanded upon what content I was referring to in the rest of the post. I am a bit offended to discover that you feel the ppl I play with don't matter though . . .

> > We're talking about a collection that is part of the story in a living world episode. Everyone is meant to be able to complete the story, this is evidenced by the frequency with which anet nerfs story cheeves and bosses bc not everyone can complete them with every class.

> You just don't like the price.

Source? I mean other than the fact that I keep telling you the price is irrelevant and regardless had no effect on me personally . . .

> Did a quick count of how many sigils of nullification were sold on the TP from 19 September and up to 22 October. 81229 sigils were sold TOTAL game wide. This includes re-sells (those buying on first day, then selling on later dates when the price was higher), **so the grand total of sigils that were used by players towards the new collection (or anything else) is much lower.**

It’s not when you look at the number of players that completed each step of the collection and how many sigils were required like I did. I don’t know where you got your figure.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> Below is a Sigils used comparison, based on stats from Gw2efficiency, (These numbers will be higher as only a fraction of the player base actually use Gw2E)

The 81229 number is total sales on the TP, not only listings, it includes selling instantly. It's the total/global number of SALES.

The total number of sigils used by the gw2efficiency players is 103135 sigils.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

> > > Bc it made ppl stop playing the game . . .

> >

> > Source? (Outside of a mate of a mate guild member outright doesn't login and has said it is unequivocally because of the Convergence of Sorrow: Requiem.)

> >

> I think you misunderstood. I didn't say quit the game, I said stop playing the game, and expanded upon what content I was referring to in the rest of the post. I am a bit offended to discover that you feel the ppl I play with don't matter though . . .

And had they been able to complete the collection at a price that they felt reasonable they’d still have stopped playing the game anyway.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > Did a quick count of how many sigils of nullification were sold on the TP from 19 September and up to 22 October. 81229 sigils were sold TOTAL game wide. This includes re-sells (those buying on first day, then selling on later dates when the price was higher), so the grand total of sigils that were used by players towards the new collection (or anything else) is much lower.

>

> It’s not when you look at the number of players that completed each step of the collection and how many sigils were required like I did. I don’t know where you got your figure.

I get my figure from the API directly, which includes the entire playerbase, not only gw2efficiency accounts. You can go here: www.gw2bltc.com type Superior Sigil of Nullification in the search bar, press enter. Then click on the sigil, click on the cog to enter settings, select "SOLD", select group by day, and you will get a nice graph of TP data about the actual SALES of the sigil from 19 September to 22 October. The grand total of sigils sold in that time frame, from the ENTIRE playerbase, is 81229 sigils.

The number you got from gw2efficiency is 103135 which is much higher than the number of sigils sold from the TP. This means those gw2efficiency players that finished the achievement either used Sigils that they had stored in their banks, or they used Tomes of Knowledge to level a character to 63, get the sigil, delete, rinse repeat. Another "method" is by buying weapons that contain the sigil

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > Did a quick count of how many sigils of nullification were sold on the TP from 19 September and up to 22 October. 81229 sigils were sold TOTAL game wide. This includes re-sells (those buying on first day, then selling on later dates when the price was higher), so the grand total of sigils that were used by players towards the new collection (or anything else) is much lower.

> >

> > It’s not when you look at the number of players that completed each step of the collection and how many sigils were required like I did. I don’t know where you got your figure.

>

> I get my figure from the API directly, which includes the entire playerbase, not only gw2efficiency accounts. You can go here: www.gw2bltc.com type Superior Sigil of Nullification in the search bar, press enter. Then click on the sigil, click on the cog to enter settings, select "SOLD", select group by day, and you will get a nice graph of TP data about the actual SALES of the sigil from 19 September to 22 October. The grand total of sigils sold in that time frame, from the ENTIRE playerbase, is 81229 sigils.

>

> The number you got from gw2efficiency is 103135 which is much higher than the number of sigils sold from the TP. This means those gw2efficiency players that finished the achievement either used Sigils that they had stored in their banks, or they used Tomes of Knowledge to level a character to 63, get the sigil, delete, rinse repeat. Another "method" is by buying weapons that contain the sigil

>

>

Ah. I didn’t realize their chart could be changed to do that. I wonder if it captured that large buy order I put in a couple weeks ago for like 30K.

I also want to point out that those ~81K sigils sold also came from those that had some in storage, farmed on alts, or got drops that had them.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > Did a quick count of how many sigils of nullification were sold on the TP from 19 September and up to 22 October. 81229 sigils were sold TOTAL game wide. This includes re-sells (those buying on first day, then selling on later dates when the price was higher), so the grand total of sigils that were used by players towards the new collection (or anything else) is much lower.

> > >

> > > It’s not when you look at the number of players that completed each step of the collection and how many sigils were required like I did. I don’t know where you got your figure.

> >

> > I get my figure from the API directly, which includes the entire playerbase, not only gw2efficiency accounts. You can go here: www.gw2bltc.com type Superior Sigil of Nullification in the search bar, press enter. Then click on the sigil, click on the cog to enter settings, select "SOLD", select group by day, and you will get a nice graph of TP data about the actual SALES of the sigil from 19 September to 22 October. The grand total of sigils sold in that time frame, from the ENTIRE playerbase, is 81229 sigils.

> >

> > The number you got from gw2efficiency is 103135 which is much higher than the number of sigils sold from the TP. This means those gw2efficiency players that finished the achievement either used Sigils that they had stored in their banks, or they used Tomes of Knowledge to level a character to 63, get the sigil, delete, rinse repeat. Another "method" is by buying weapons that contain the sigil

> >

> >

>

> Ah. I didn’t realize their chart could be changed to do that. I wonder if it captured that large buy order I put in a couple weeks ago for like 30K.

I don't count orders, only units sold.

These are all the weapons that contain the sigil and how many times each one was sold during the timeframe:

Arc was sold 7922 times

Berserker's Iron Dagger of Nullification was sold 4 times

Berserker's Soft Wood Short Bow of Nullification was sold 7 times

Berserker's Soft Wood Warhorn of Nullification was sold 13 times

Cleric's Soft Wood Longbow of Nullification was sold 597 times

Cleric's Soft Wood Short Bow of Nullification (level 75) was sold 567 times

Cleric's Soft Wood Short Bow of Nullification (level 64) was sold 178 times

Eidolon was sold 10 times

Grimward was sold 2014 times

Ilya was sold 16 times

Lyss was sold 32 times

Mystic Barridace was sold 95 times

Mystic Claymore was sold 164 times

Mystic Pistol was sold 41 times

Naegling was sold 30 times

Rampager's Iron Axe of Nullification was sold 52 times

Rampager's Iron Shield of Nullification was sold 60 times

Rampager's Iron Sword of Nullification was sold 47 times

Rampager's Soft Wood Longbow of Nullification was sold 637 times

Rampager's Soft Wood Warhorn of Nullification was sold 88 times

Reaver of the Mists was sold 54 times

Soulshard was sold 2497 times

The Anomaly was sold 53 times

Vision of the Mists was sold 37 times

Wall of the Mists was sold 33 times

Total: 15248

Assuming NOBODY bought these, salvaged them, and sold the sigil (which is unlikely), this brings the grand total of Sigils of Nullification to 96477. Again, the actual number of sigils used will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower. All the sigils sold on the TP, and all the weapons sold on the TP that contained the sigil, do not amount to the number required just by the gw2efficiency players. It's a couple thousand sigils behind, ONLY for the gw2efficiency people, which are a fraction of the entire playerbase. So no, there is NOT enough supply of this sigil.

I'd like to point out that if I've understand things correctly the API does **not** tell us actual sales, but only existing orders. Tracking sites then compare frequent updates. This means that it can't actually distingish between a sale and someone dropping an order, and they won't even notice an order that happen to be both placed *and* filled between updates.

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > Did a quick count of how many sigils of nullification were sold on the TP from 19 September and up to 22 October. 81229 sigils were sold TOTAL game wide. This includes re-sells (those buying on first day, then selling on later dates when the price was higher), so the grand total of sigils that were used by players towards the new collection (or anything else) is much lower.

> > > >

> > > > It’s not when you look at the number of players that completed each step of the collection and how many sigils were required like I did. I don’t know where you got your figure.

> > >

> > > I get my figure from the API directly, which includes the entire playerbase, not only gw2efficiency accounts. You can go here: www.gw2bltc.com type Superior Sigil of Nullification in the search bar, press enter. Then click on the sigil, click on the cog to enter settings, select "SOLD", select group by day, and you will get a nice graph of TP data about the actual SALES of the sigil from 19 September to 22 October. The grand total of sigils sold in that time frame, from the ENTIRE playerbase, is 81229 sigils.

> > >

> > > The number you got from gw2efficiency is 103135 which is much higher than the number of sigils sold from the TP. This means those gw2efficiency players that finished the achievement either used Sigils that they had stored in their banks, or they used Tomes of Knowledge to level a character to 63, get the sigil, delete, rinse repeat. Another "method" is by buying weapons that contain the sigil

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ah. I didn’t realize their chart could be changed to do that. I wonder if it captured that large buy order I put in a couple weeks ago for like 30K.

>

> I don't count orders, only units sold.

>

> These are all the weapons that contain the sigil and how many times each one was sold during the timeframe:

> Arc was sold 7922 times

> Berserker's Iron Dagger of Nullification was sold 4 times

> Berserker's Soft Wood Short Bow of Nullification was sold 7 times

> Berserker's Soft Wood Warhorn of Nullification was sold 13 times

> Cleric's Soft Wood Longbow of Nullification was sold 597 times

> Cleric's Soft Wood Short Bow of Nullification (level 75) was sold 567 times

> Cleric's Soft Wood Short Bow of Nullification (level 64) was sold 178 times

> Eidolon was sold 10 times

> Grimward was sold 2014 times

> Ilya was sold 16 times

> Lyss was sold 32 times

> Mystic Barridace was sold 95 times

> Mystic Claymore was sold 164 times

> Mystic Pistol was sold 41 times

> Naegling was sold 30 times

> Rampager's Iron Axe of Nullification was sold 52 times

> Rampager's Iron Shield of Nullification was sold 60 times

> Rampager's Iron Sword of Nullification was sold 47 times

> Rampager's Soft Wood Longbow of Nullification was sold 637 times

> Rampager's Soft Wood Warhorn of Nullification was sold 88 times

> Reaver of the Mists was sold 54 times

> Soulshard was sold 2497 times

> The Anomaly was sold 53 times

> Vision of the Mists was sold 37 times

> Wall of the Mists was sold 33 times

>

> Total: 15248

> Assuming NOBODY bought these, salvaged them, and sold the sigil (which is unlikely), this brings the grand total of Sigils of Nullification to 96477. Again, the actual number of sigils used will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower. All the sigils sold on the TP, and all the weapons sold on the TP that contained the sigil, do not amount to the number required just by the gw2efficiency players. It's a couple thousand sigils behind, ONLY for the gw2efficiency people, which are a fraction of the entire playerbase. So no, there is NOT enough supply of this sigil.

You’re ignoring all buy orders that were filled. Then there are those that obtained them for personal use without relying on the TP. There are also all of the sales which occurred between the intervals that the data was tracked.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > > And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

> > > > Bc it made ppl stop playing the game . . .

> > >

> > > Source? (Outside of a mate of a mate guild member outright doesn't login and has said it is unequivocally because of the Convergence of Sorrow: Requiem.)

> > >

> > I think you misunderstood. I didn't say quit the game, I said stop playing the game, and expanded upon what content I was referring to in the rest of the post. I am a bit offended to discover that you feel the ppl I play with don't matter though . . .

>

> And had they been able to complete the collection at a price that they felt reasonable they’d still have stopped playing the game anyway.

>

>

To me, players completing content and players giving up on content before completing it are opposites not analogues . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > > > And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

> > > > > Bc it made ppl stop playing the game . . .

> > > >

> > > > Source? (Outside of a mate of a mate guild member outright doesn't login and has said it is unequivocally because of the Convergence of Sorrow: Requiem.)

> > > >

> > > I think you misunderstood. I didn't say quit the game, I said stop playing the game, and expanded upon what content I was referring to in the rest of the post. I am a bit offended to discover that you feel the ppl I play with don't matter though . . .

> >

> > And had they been able to complete the collection at a price that they felt reasonable they’d still have stopped playing the game anyway.

> >

> >

>

> To me, players completing content and players giving up on content before completing it are opposites not analogues . . .

This line of argument doesn't really work for you ... because these people have given up on this content for one reason; gold. Not because it's hard, or because it's a boring grind, but because of gold. You aren't ever going to sell the idea to any reasonable player that Anet shouldn't be doing content like this because people aren't willing to spend the gold to do it. I mean, you can make that argument about ANY content that requires someone to spend some gold to get an item ... this isn't a new approach for the game and it won't be the last.

It's also worth noting that in this discussion, you have severely blurred any boundaries that exist for the purpose of content. There is a big difference between people choosing to exclude themselves from content vs. people that can't or struggle to do content. Blurring those lines, then accusing Anet of making self-excluded content inaccessible to people is dishonest. EVERYONE has access to complete the Requim armor quest who has PoF. It's simply not honest to present this like the people 'can't complete it because it's unfair, or access to sigils (which have always been accessible, to the CREDIT of the people that are flipping them).

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > > > And I can totally use that argument against you to why would a sigil being expensive be unhealthy?

> > > > > Bc it made ppl stop playing the game . . .

> > > >

> > > > Source? (Outside of a mate of a mate guild member outright doesn't login and has said it is unequivocally because of the Convergence of Sorrow: Requiem.)

> > > >

> > > I think you misunderstood. I didn't say quit the game, I said stop playing the game, and expanded upon what content I was referring to in the rest of the post. I am a bit offended to discover that you feel the ppl I play with don't matter though . . .

> >

> > And had they been able to complete the collection at a price that they felt reasonable they’d still have stopped playing the game anyway.

> >

> >

>

> To me, players completing content and players giving up on content before completing it are opposites not analogues . . .

They’re two things that result in the same outcome as you described. You can put them as opposites of whatever spectrum you created but it still wouldn’t change that.

Edit: Actually that assumes that they had anything to do with that outcome coming into realization in the first place. People stop playing content for various reasons.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> This line of argument doesn't really work for you ... because these people have given up on this content for one reason; gold. Not because it's hard, or because it's a boring grind, but because of gold.

That's not true. For example, for me, gold is not a problem. I can spend a much greater amount for a more trivial reasons (including over 1k for a single skin i felt was complementing visually one of my less used characters, for example). In this case however, the very fact that the price was unfair (not by being too great, but by being _significantly different for some players_) and that there was no real alternative to tp ended up being a real turnoff. I have practically stopped doing any achieves for this chapter after that (even though i am a completionist), and i'm not sure if i'll ever pick it up again.

And it was all due to that Sigil debacle.

Then you are just exceptional and exceptions should be the last thing Anet tries to accommodate; that's not a sustainable approach to doing anything. There isn't a reason to let principles guide how you spend gold ingame. There is no point to a moral protest here, other than to deny you something you want. Being sensitive to what amounts to common practice in MMO's is strange behaviour for an MMO player.

I mean, anyone can make up some reason to not do content ... how does anyone reasonably expect an organization to respond to those unique, self-imposed reasons? It's a waste of their time and frankly, no MMO works that way anyways.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> >

> > if it ever gets to around 5g ill be happy to purchase it for that price.

> If you don't mind waiting for 5g, I recommend waiting just a bit longer, because the price will drop more.

>

Oh, i am waiting, as i said i stopped working on the chapter completely over the cost of this sigil. Knowing that i cant complete the collection due to my objections(and lack of being able to actually go about obtaining because i dont wvw or pvp and therefor dont have stacks of tomes sitting around) on how this sigil is obtained has killed off my interest in the content until the sigil is much cheaper.