server linking in europe is a complete fail

Tom.5914

The first and only server without one or more linked ones is Baruch and it is on place **10**.

What the hell is wrong with you, do you realize your system is completly stupid ?

Two solutions:

remove linking asap

or

link all servers !

Your naive fallacy about active population is totally stupid, because people do not come on any longer if a wvw week is a totally fail and most time it is, because the outnumbering of factor 2 or 3 is so annoying.

My last weeks with documented perma ubuff and A great thank you for your fair game:

![](https://image.ibb.co/gSqC6p/wvwfail.png "")

Theres 2 non main servers on top 10 leaderboards. Leaderboards arent up to date and you should ignore them.

Baruch is in T3 out of T5 which is fine. The server is open too. Baruch is spanish server so who will you link them with? Novotl Grounds [sP]? Oh wait it doesnt exist.

BB does well during summer when they climb to T1, might have something to do with spanish student vacations and less tourism. During winter they usually stick around T3-T4 which is superalive in EU as well.

> @"Tom.5914" said:

> The first and only server without one or more linked ones is Baruch and it is on place **10**.

> What the hell is wrong with you, do you realize your system is completly stupid ?

>

> Two solutions:

> remove linking asap

> or

> link all servers !

>

> Your naive fallacy about active population is totally stupid, because people do not come on any longer if a wvw week is a totally fail and most time it is, because the outnumbering of factor 2 or 3 is so annoying.

>

> My last weeks with documented perma ubuff and A great thank you for your fair game:

> ![](https://image.ibb.co/gSqC6p/wvwfail.png "")

>

less main worlds would be welcome, i agree.

how many players do you normally have?

> @"Tom.5914" said:

> The first and only server without one or more linked ones is Baruch and it is on place **10**.

> What the hell is wrong with you, do you realize your system is completly stupid ?

>

Baruch is more than able to survive on their own . They will be open forever, they should have more than enough manpower . If there is a server that can complain, its the German ones. 3 Servers not linked 99% of the time with 2 Stuck in T5 .

But hey who cares about the Germans . ;)

BB are T3 because they have low-ish population during the day/prime period and big zergs through the night so they don't have the coverage to rise and stay up . Your server is also open so all you need is more coverage in the normal EU timezones and you'd climb...

But yep, linking is absolutely terrible and we should be deleting servers instead

The only reason there are only two German servers in T5 and not three is because one has to go up due to the one up, one down system. The only German server worth playing on seems to be Miller, since that server is guaranteed to have a link and therefore overall enough activity to not just hang around T4/5 all the time.

In my opinion T5 should be removed completly, with the servers getting linked or deleted appropiately.

I do wonder though, what determines who gets which link, because it can't be server activity (or "population", as others call it). I play on Ruins of Surmia. When we were linked to Gandara the activity was ok. But now we are linked with Desolation, and Gandara was linked with Ring of Fire. It just feels like Gandara has way more activity than us, and I'd in no way say Desolation/RoS is an inactive server combination. While we barely have enough people around to get a zerg together, Gandara is already around with almost a zone blob. During prime time it seemed like they had a zerg on pretty much every map. While I appreciate seeing WvW so alive, I do question, who or what decided it would be a good idea to link such a populous server to a rather populous link server?

The same was true for WSR previously and Desolation before we were linked to them. I know a lot of people band wagoned onto these servers and their link servers, so many even, that the two links they had previously - Aurora Glad and Gunnar's Hold - were made into their own pair, but it is quite ridiculous when two server combos just dominate because everyone and their pets play on them. (And don't get me talking about pets on Deso ... rangers... everywhere...)

Comparing the Kills and Deaths of the T1 and T2 servers with those of the following Tiers clearly shows the extreme differences in activity. Keep in mind, currently it's mostly weekend acitivty - the differences change during the week a bit, as some servers are much more active on weekends and others more during the week.

Kodash/Miller and Dzago/Abba currently seem to hold up, activity wise. BB is falling a bit behind, from my experience their activity is really depended a lot on when their zergs run, either the server is dead or they stomp you with a full zone blob. They also had quite a bit of overseas activity when we last fought them.

In T4 Vabbi is hard to judge, they might just be down there for the fights. From what I saw last we fought them and WSR, I think quite a few of their players switched servers to WSR though. Riverside on the other hand clearly has much less people around, and the French server combination doesn't seem to be doing very well either, though it's again hard to tell, because they also got very low K/D-ratio. Activity doesn't help much, if every fight is lost...

And then we get to T5, where SFR/Blacktide is either taking a break, or doesn't find people to fight against - which is a real possibility since those two German servers in that tier have nowhere near the activity of any of the previous servers. In other words, they are dead set on being in T5 as long as they don't get Miller (or on a rare occasion, Abba) linked.

Before being on RoS, I was on Drakkar, and while it's been quite a while since I was there, I had to experience how dead the server is without a link. While fun can be found in things like taking a keep all by yourself ... twice ... or flipping half a map with just a few roamers and no resistance, that is not the kind of experience most people play WvW for.

I do not know how to best remove T5, but I would rather see another overstacked server link due to getting rid of that graveyard of activity, than experience another week on one of those servers.

(There are 4 servers in there currently, which would have to go somewhere, which would mean, there'd very likely have to be a combination of three German servers and two English servers would have to be moved somewhere - or the Frenchies would have to get a massive overstacked blob. I can only go by the numbers we have, for the German servers I think it might be hard on the limit of "too much", but combining all five French servers is definitely too much, and putting SFR to Vabbi for example and Blacktide somewhere else might also make whatever those get linked too overstacked. A radical solution ... but I'd still prefer it to how it is now for those down there. Would only last until the alliances revamp pops in anyway... eheh... ... ...)

> @"Tom.5914" said:

> server linking in europe is a complete fail

Agreed. Before linking there were some imbalances in the EU but people who played on a more quiet server in the lower brackets often chose to do so.

This is wrong. Riverside for example never got a link since the introduction of the linking system. In contrast to Baruch (as the sole Spanish-language-server) Riverside is declared "full" and resides in T4, one tier below Baruch. As others have pointed out, a lot of German servers struggle because three German servers won't get a link at all with the current system.

> link all servers !

Impossible without the introduction of new servers (which the community voted against iirc), because national and international servers won't be linked by Anet.

> Your naive fallacy about active population is totally stupid, because people do not come on any longer if a wvw week is a totally fail and most time it is, because the outnumbering of factor 2 or 3 is so annoying.

This is a good example why average weekly playtime as the only metric taking into account for balancing can be problematic. Baruch is infamous for it's huge night-coverage in the EU, while having comparatively fewer players during "regular" (at least for the rest of Europe) times. Due to this, as a daytime-player you will probably see a lot of [outnumbered] buffs on Baruch (it is the other way around at 4:00 CET in the morning for servers playing against you).

To be fair, this has nothing to do with the linking system per se, but is a result of the scoring system of WvW, making coverage the most important factor. It was even more pronounced before the introduction of the skirmish points.

> @"Tom.5914" said:

> remove linking asap

Why? It's the least bad interim solution until they change the method by which worlds are formed in the first place.

> or

> link all servers !

You mean cancel WvW entirely? Or just cancel any variety to matchups?

Clearly someone is coming otherwise you couldn't be outnumbered. But it's a mistake to assume that for however long you play is representative of what's going on when you're not playing.

No one has ever said that server linking is a great solution. It's just less bad than what was available to ANet. They agree that linking isn't getting the job done anymore, which is why they are revamping the system.

Naturally, none of us want to wait for it to happen; we want more dynamic WvW today. Still, don't expect them to drop all their plans just to make massive adjustments to the game to handle the interim between now and then. It's a poor use of their time and will mean a longer wait.

**How about a Match-Up Solution for WvW instead of Server/Alliance Linking?**

Re-design Match-Up Mechanics - Replace Fixed 3 Way in Tiers - With

- Let Players Pick different Server to Fight AGAINST that changes Weekly based on their choices with Limits on Which Servers & How Many

With this solution....Player:

1) Picks a WvW Server = Changeable by Server Transfer Mechanic & paying gems

2) Represents a Guild = Changeable by Guild User Interface

3) Uses Server Guesting for WvW = Picks a Server to Fight AGAINST & enter their enemy's Home BL

Note - Servers are based on geographic location & the WvW UI will show this - In addition to showing the Top 3 Language preference of players for each Server

---

**WvW Servers Do Not need to be Closed Down to Transfer due to their WvW status being Full.**

Players should be able to Transfer to Any Server they want to...if they can afford to pay the gems.

Players on any Full WvW Server (aka Over-Stacked Server)...will just need to deal with waiting to enter their chosen Home BL maps due to map capacity limits, but the EoTM map should allow players to do something while waiting...or they can go fight on other enemy Server BL maps within their Weekly Limits.

---

**To encourage a healthy competitive game mode:**

1) Players are Only Rewarded & Earn WvW Points for defending their Home BL

2) Players are Only Rewarded & Earn WvW Points for attacking any Higher Ranked Enemy Server BL

3) Players Do Not get Rewarded or Earn WvW Points for attacking any Lower Ranked Enemy Server BL

4) Only Players on the Top #1 Ranked EU/NA Servers Earn Double Bonus Points for defending their Home BL because they Earn nothing attacking any Lower Ranked Enemy Server BL

5) WvW User Interface (UI) shows players the Top 3 Servers attacking their Home BL in a **Random Order** to keep the Match-Ups dynamically mixed

---

**Be vocal & consistent in supporting ideas. Don't forget to share & pass the idea along. From one candle to a million...help pass the flame along.**

Imagine being able to have Sustainable Long-Term Server Communities (Language & Culturally based) fighting each other in diverse Healthy Competitive Match-Ups

Yours truly,

Diku

p.s.

See some of my past posts...please vote Helpful or Thumbs up if you agree.

Baruch is doing fine. They are in T3. Which is not bad.

Of course they are in T3 because their prime time is when everybody else is asleep and the mexicans log in.

When you fight Baruch it is always the same: during daytime and the prime evening hours, their borderland is completely dominated by the other servers. They do not exist. The other servers go to sleep, Baruch people log in, in the morning everything has been turned by Baruch. Fighting Baruch is mind boggling boring. You either outnumber them 3:1 or they outnumber you 3:1. There is no balance, no middle ground. Just flipping of sieged up but almost undefended structures and being trampled into the ground.

If they wanted, they could play during prime time. But... they don't want to. They also don't want to learn english and join international servers. So.. noone to blame but the Baruch population itself. But it could be worse. Much worse. Like being on a linked server.

As a GH player it goes like this:

we are linked to someone we despise (or not). We fight our way out of T5 to the top, the two month are over and we are either relinked again to the same server we despise - or if we actually like the other side of the link (hello Deso. How are you?), we are linked to a different server and it is back to T5. And then it is german arrow card madness, Baruch off hours flipping and Vabbian arrogance all over again...

That said, the Deso link wasn't bad. The AG link seems to work fine (some good folks there. Strange to actually fight WITH them and not against them). Not like some other links in the past.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> If they wanted, they could play during prime time. But... they don't want to. They also don't want to learn english and join international servers. So.. noone to blame but the Baruch population itself. But it could be worse. Much worse. Like being on a linked server.

We can't speak for all of them though - some of them do play on other servers, and people that aren't SP do join there too. We just tend to think it's all one nationality there but it does have its mixture.

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> Of course they (Baruch) are in T3 because their prime time is when everybody else is asleep and the mexicans log in.

95% Spanish all day, every day. Those fabled Mexican nightcappers again. Fabled = not real.

> If they wanted, they could play during prime time. But... they don't want to.

They do play during prime time. Work finishes 7pm, get home. have dinner, prime time 8.30-11.30 . Different culture to the rest of Europe. What, they should change just to suit you?

> They also don't want to learn english and join international servers. So.. noone to blame but the Baruch population itself.

Loads of Spanish players on English speaking servers. BB has been full in the past & if you fall out with some people...it happens...it's not like there's another Spanish server to go to. Baruch people are there because they love their server. Yeh, they still have some server pride. Not quite dead yet.

BTW, alliances and Baruch...changes nothing.