Where's Zojja

Amaranthe.3578

She is definitely alive, but we do not know her specific status. She was mentioned to still be healing from her time in the blighting pod during Eir's memorial service. She is also mentioned in the secret recordings in Rata Novis.

Eavesdropping the other room (it is not clear how many different researchers are talking):

Krewemaster (1): Don't worry about Taimi beating us to it. Phlunt assures me he has her under his thumb.

Krewemaster (2): From what I hear, Taimi has an advantage. I'd excel if I had Zojja as a mentor too.

Windall: Did you see where Taimi and that odd krewe of hers went?

Researcher (1): The humans are all abuzz about some group called the White Mantle. They're so shortsighted.

Researcher (2): I didn't capture it all, but I got some of the data in their krewe notes.

Researcher (3): There's another charr here. That's multiple in one day. How odd.

Researcher (4): I'm going to sneak a look at Taimi's equipment. Watch my back.

Researcher (5): Poor kid. Stuck out here without her golem. I don't know how she does it.

Researcher (6): Taimi? Yes, cute as a bug. If my son were here, I'd introduce them. Imagine the progeny.

Windall: Is that the leader of the Vigil? Oh my. She's quite impressive.

Researcher (7): (laugh) Don't tell him, but I secretly call him Blunt because he is. Taimi got a raw deal on that waypoint device.

**_Researcher (8): I heard Zojja's scrambled. Drooling. Explains why Taimi's out here on her own._**

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > Silver lining, given all the cameos this episode, if she's gonna appear it'll likely be soon.

>

> I dont understand why they keep hiding her.

> If the voice actor isnt available just get a new one nobody will care.

I believe Felicia Day has said she has the time/desire. My guess is they don’t want to pay her rate which is likely higher than most voice actors.

In that case I wish they’d just recast, too, but eh...

> @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > > Silver lining, given all the cameos this episode, if she's gonna appear it'll likely be soon.

> >

> > I dont understand why they keep hiding her.

> > If the voice actor isnt available just get a new one nobody will care.

> I believe Felicia Day has said she has the time/desire. My guess is they don’t want to pay her rate which is likely higher than most voice actors.

>

> In that case I wish they’d just recast, too, but eh...

>

How can her rate be high? she isnt really a big name or anything o,o

If her rate is high for some reason I think that by now they can recast her with anyone since most people forgot her voice since we havent heard from Zojja for a long time.

> @"Castigator.3470" said:

> Yes, I'm afraid that when we come to Rata Sum we may find a Zojja memorial. That would be sad, as we couldn't even has said goodbye to her.

I very much doubt they’d have her just die off screen. Technology in this world is such that from a writing perspective there’s NO WAY we wouldn’t know if her condition became that critical.

> > @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > > > Silver lining, given all the cameos this episode, if she's gonna appear it'll likely be soon.

> > >

> > > I dont understand why they keep hiding her.

> > > If the voice actor isnt available just get a new one nobody will care.

> > I believe Felicia Day has said she has the time/desire. My guess is they don’t want to pay her rate which is likely higher than most voice actors.

> >

> > In that case I wish they’d just recast, too, but eh...

> >

>

> How can her rate be high? she isnt really a big name or anything o,o

> If her rate is high for some reason I think that by now they can recast her with anyone since most people forgot her voice since we havent heard from Zojja for a long time.

Apparently she’s in supernatural (really freaked me out hearing her voice), and that show is super popular so she probably charges more because of that

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > > @"Svennis.3852" said:

> > > > > Silver lining, given all the cameos this episode, if she's gonna appear it'll likely be soon.

> > > >

> > > > I dont understand why they keep hiding her.

> > > > If the voice actor isnt available just get a new one nobody will care.

> > > I believe Felicia Day has said she has the time/desire. My guess is they don’t want to pay her rate which is likely higher than most voice actors.

> > >

> > > In that case I wish they’d just recast, too, but eh...

> > >

> >

> > How can her rate be high? she isnt really a big name or anything o,o

> > If her rate is high for some reason I think that by now they can recast her with anyone since most people forgot her voice since we havent heard from Zojja for a long time.

>

>

> Apparently she’s in supernatural (really freaked me out hearing her voice), and that show is super popular so she probably charges more because of that

She’s a pretty big name in the nerdy world in general. She’s been in a few big things popular with geeky/nerdy people in general, in addition to some pretty big VA gigs (she voiced a party companion in Dragon Age 2, albeit a temporary DLC one).

What the OP quoted is the last we have heard of Zojja in game. It has also been rumored that Felicia Day and GW2 are not working together anymore. Fortunately, Zojja having been through hell in HoT and recovering off screen gives GW2 a ready made excuse to bring her back with a different actress should they desire to do so; any changes in voice or personality can be blamed on the effects of her time in the blighting pod. I can imagine a quote: "You'd talk differently too if you'd had soul-eating vines wrapped around YOUR throat for weeks!"

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> What the OP quoted is the last we have heard of Zojja in game. It has also been rumored that Felicia Day and GW2 are not working together anymore. Fortunately, Zojja having been through hell in HoT and recovering off screen gives GW2 a ready made excuse to bring her back with a different actress should they desire to do so; any changes in voice or personality can be blamed on the effects of her time in the blighting pod. I can imagine a quote: "You'd talk differently too if you'd had soul-eating vines wrapped around YOUR throat for weeks!"

I doubt people will even notice the different voice.

> > @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> > What the OP quoted is the last we have heard of Zojja in game. It has also been rumored that Felicia Day and GW2 are not working together anymore. Fortunately, Zojja having been through hell in HoT and recovering off screen gives GW2 a ready made excuse to bring her back with a different actress should they desire to do so; any changes in voice or personality can be blamed on the effects of her time in the blighting pod. I can imagine a quote: "You'd talk differently too if you'd had soul-eating vines wrapped around YOUR throat for weeks!"

>

> I doubt people will even notice the different voice.

I doubt there will even be a difference as far as the german client is concerned. Stephanie Kindermann (Zojja) has done a really good job there.

In fact the litmus test for a good synchronization is if it feels more natural to you in your native language and as far as I am concerned, GW2 has passed that.

The other client with voiceover is the french client, but I was unable to find the doubleuse for Zojja. To my ears the french synchonisation sounds good, but I'm not a native speaker. And the new Rox voice was considered good, as far as I can tell. I have no info on the german voice for Rox, but as far as I can tell no change occured over here.

But I know that people can be very critical of new, or different voice actors. If that's the main reason why we won't see Zojja ever again, the best policy may be to either recast the voice actor, or more drastically, make Zojja a mute, who has to use sign language, or a text to speech device.

> @"Castigator.3470" said:

> > > @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> > > What the OP quoted is the last we have heard of Zojja in game. It has also been rumored that Felicia Day and GW2 are not working together anymore. Fortunately, Zojja having been through hell in HoT and recovering off screen gives GW2 a ready made excuse to bring her back with a different actress should they desire to do so; any changes in voice or personality can be blamed on the effects of her time in the blighting pod. I can imagine a quote: "You'd talk differently too if you'd had soul-eating vines wrapped around YOUR throat for weeks!"

> >

> > I doubt people will even notice the different voice.

>

> I doubt there will even be a difference as far as the german client is concerned. Stephanie Kindermann (Zojja) has done a really good job there.

> In fact the litmus test for a good synchronization is if it feels more natural to you in your native language and as far as I am concerned, GW2 has passed that.

> The other client with voiceover is the french client, but I was unable to find the doubleuse for Zojja. To my ears the french synchonisation sounds good, but I'm not a native speaker. And the new Rox voice was considered good, as far as I can tell. I have no info on the german voice for Rox, but as far as I can tell no change occured over here.

>

> But I know that people can be very critical of new, or different voice actors. If that's the main reason why we won't see Zojja ever again, the best policy may be to either recast the voice actor, or more drastically, make Zojja a mute, who has to use sign language, or a text to speech device.

They can always just say that she suffered some damage like you said and give her a robotic voice or something.(tech that she cant talk without)

There are so many ways to work around it.

> @"ReV.6097" said:

> I got a little worried in LWS4 EP4 When Snaff says

> "Ah, Zojjas apprentice. That explains it".

> "I've heard great things about you".

> Made me think Zojjah had died recently :open_mouth:

I took it to be that Eir had told him. Given that Eir had known about Zojja's apprentice for about a year or two (if not more, we don't really know how long Taimi had been Zojja's apprentice, and how much communication was going on between Eir and Zojja after Zhaitan's death).

Well i Would not mind having a final stage for zojja it that means we would be over with it.

Never understood why People liked her but guess theres something for everyone in this world so ist ok but i would not like her to make some forced appearence thats totally randum just because she "was absent for so Long"

> @"The Greyhawk.9107" said:

> Either that or him being a spirit has allowed him the ability to see the happenings of the real world, hard to say for sure since Anet's not consistent on whether or not spirits can see outside the afterlife.

Spirits are not all created equal, apparently. Awareness of self and reality varies, which may have to do with the particular individual, their manner of death, and how much time has passed. It may also have to do with whether or not the ghosts are stuck in this world, or have moved fully on to the Mists.

Shiro's spirit apparently cannot see beyond the Mists, because when Revenants channel him, he will ask about the condition of Cantha since his death.

The Foefire-created ghosts of Ascalon mostly are automatons stuck in time-distorted views of the living world. Only a few show any awareness of their condition and reality.

Other ghosts we meet in game often are at least partly, if not fully aware. The ghosts in Brisban WIldlands who have lost their memories, for example. Or the female warrior ghost in Mount Maelstrom who asks us to kill her Risen body.

FWIW...