New legendary racial armors?

Eddbopkins.2630

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > too much work when making one non legendary racial armor works

> >

> > it nearly be quintuple the amount of work

>

> Greatness requires work. You shoupd never use tomuch work as an excuse to not achieve anything.

too much work for too little reward. and it isn't that great of an idea

> You shoupd never use tomuch work as an excuse to not achieve anything.

How about if you are a for-profit company needing to pay salaries and operating expenses? How about if you could make the same effort and produce something that would be used by more people? How about if you already have plans for armor that doesn't leave any room for that particular suggestion?

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > Greatness requires work. You shoupd never use tomuch work as an excuse to not achieve anything.

> too much work for too little reward. and it isn't that great of an idea

It actually is, if they make them nicely designed (unlike the current ones).

However, I remember reading that the current ones didn't receive as much interest as was expected (probably due to the awul designs or to be gated behind raids), so I have no idea if something like this would work. I would love new, classy looking racial armor that actually fits the racial profile (i.e., doesn't look like from another world), though, legendary or otherwise.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > Greatness requires work. You shoupd never use tomuch work as an excuse to not achieve anything.

> > too much work for too little reward. and it isn't that great of an idea

>

> It actually is, if they make them nicely designed (unlike the current ones).

>

> However, I remember reading that the current ones didn't receive as much interest as was expected (probably due to the awul designs or to be gated behind raids), so I have no idea if something like this would work. I would love new, classy looking racial armor that actually fits the racial profile (i.e., doesn't look like from another world), though, legendary or otherwise.

I think that would hinge on if the armor is a single item ID for a full set of skins, or each set of armor was only usable on each race as an item. Because I can see them doing the latter as a way to stretch the time gates even more, and still more or less expect enough people to grind it out. its a sad reality of the types of players this thing can target.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > Greatness requires work. You shoupd never use tomuch work as an excuse to not achieve anything.

>

>

> However, I remember reading that the current ones didn't receive as much interest as was expected (probably due to the awul designs or to be gated behind raids), so I have no idea if something like this would work. I would love new, classy looking racial armor that actually fits the racial profile (i.e., doesn't look like from another world), though, legendary or otherwise.

I have to imagine that the lack of attention was from being gated behind raids. I didnt even know they had a unique skin until one of my guild mates showed me, which is when i started working on them casually.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

>

>

you have to design 5 armors instead of 1 and fit it on 5 models, you have to make 5 sets of aura's, effects, textures, etc. and you have to make 5 different legendary paths.

you nearly quintuple the amount of work and for what? nicer skins

Racial armors are definitely a nice addition. Getting some thematically and anatomically fitting armor for asura, charr and norn helps.

As for the poster above me, you can have one acquisition path, PvP, for instance. Generally, the aura can be shared, the only thing you need five of ultimately are models and textures. Since models need to refitted for normal armor anyway, the only real task is to design five racial skins, which is actually easier than designing one skin for five races, because you no longer have to take into account how humans look in an armor designed for charr and vice versa.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > > Greatness requires work. You shoupd never use tomuch work as an excuse to not achieve anything.

> > > too much work for too little reward. and it isn't that great of an idea

> >

> > It actually is, if they make them nicely designed (unlike the current ones).

> >

> > However, I remember reading that the current ones didn't receive as much interest as was expected (probably due to the awul designs or to be gated behind raids), so I have no idea if something like this would work. I would love new, classy looking racial armor that actually fits the racial profile (i.e., doesn't look like from another world), though, legendary or otherwise.

>

> you have to design 5 armors instead of 1 and fit it on 5 models, you have to make 5 sets of aura's, effects, textures, etc. and you have to make 5 different legendary paths.

>

> you nearly quintuple the amount of work and for what? nicer skins

I didn't say I espected ANet to do it, I merely stated my opinion on the topic (that I would love having more racial armor sets).

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > > > Greatness requires work. You shoupd never use tomuch work as an excuse to not achieve anything.

> > > > too much work for too little reward. and it isn't that great of an idea

> > >

> > > It actually is, if they make them nicely designed (unlike the current ones).

> > >

> > > However, I remember reading that the current ones didn't receive as much interest as was expected (probably due to the awul designs or to be gated behind raids), so I have no idea if something like this would work. I would love new, classy looking racial armor that actually fits the racial profile (i.e., doesn't look like from another world), though, legendary or otherwise.

> >

> > you have to design 5 armors instead of 1 and fit it on 5 models, you have to make 5 sets of aura's, effects, textures, etc. and you have to make 5 different legendary paths.

> >

> > you nearly quintuple the amount of work and for what? nicer skins

>

> I didn't say I espected ANet to do it, I merely stated my opinion on the topic (that I would love having more racial armor sets).

doesn't need to be legendary for that.

also if you respond to me i will respond back wheter it's an opinion or not doesn't matter

> Sry bad idea judging from the comments...

While I don't agree with the idea, I think you should leave the suggestion up. Just because some forum people don't support doesn't mean that ANet won't. At the very least, it tells them about _your_ interest and what appeals to you, and that's helpful to them

Frequently, though, the creative process is inspired by bad, weird, or outlandish ideas. They might not create _legendary_ racial armor, but they might consider e.g. an outfit that looks drastically different on each race or they might look at specific detail about what would make epic charr armor (besides no tail clipping) and throw that in some future non-racial set.

As long as people are respectful and don't insist that any of this is "easy" or doesn't involve opportunity cost (usually: not being able to work on something else), it's good for ANet (and the community) to see a mix of ideas. Not just the ones that fit with our own preferences.

tl;dr restore your original suggestion and don't worry if people disagree