Staff of the Inevitable

Tom.6478

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone take the time and effort to get this.

Its a decent skin, and maybe some like the stats, but its only exotic and what you have to do to get it, I just don't see many taking the time.

Just my thoughts, and as said, maybe I'm missing something.

> @"Tom.6478" said:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone take the time and effort to get this.

>

> Its a decent skin, and maybe some like the stats, but its only exotic and what you have to do to get it, I just don't see many taking the time.

>

> Just my thoughts, and as said, maybe I'm missing something.

>

The rarity hardly matters as it serves the same purpose with all other skins. Being a comsetic.

You're getting the skin, it could be a white weapon and you would still get the skin out of it. You can use the skin on an ascended weapon to have ascended stats. And if your motivation isn't the skin, but wanting an ascended weapon, there are already easier achievements available that reward one

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > It counts towards the meta-AP for the episode.

>

> No it doesn’t, you get points for it, but it’s not part of the meta-achievement, you only get the head of the staff once you complete the meta-achievement...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Hmm, it's listed as one of the Achievements for the Meta, no?

> But, of course, you can't complete it until you complete the Meta, so I guess not.

Haleydawn's right, it's not on the meta. I forgot the meta-reward is the Staff Head.

• 4 months later...

Skins are an important reward in this game. Many people spend a lot of time and gold working on getting skins to make their character look the way they want. Of course this staff (like any skin) won't be one everyone wants but some people will and they'd probably be willing to do the achievement for it.

But also looking at what's required it seems like if you wanted "100% completion" for A Star to Guide Us you'd do most of it anyway. The only part you'd have to go out of your way to do is buying the staff binding, and if I noticed I was 1 item away from finishing a collection and unlocking a new skin and it only cost 5g and 625 volatile magic I might well get it just to get the achievement finished and so I have the skin if I ever do want it.

> @"Tom.6478" said:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone take the time and effort to get this.

Because it is fun to do collections? Because there is not much else to do for veteran players? Because there are completionists who enjoy getting all achievements? Because the staff's former owner is legendary?

There are multiple possible reasons.