The sniper treatment

I am curious what anet's stance is on law and justice.

The sniper took out several pact members, in cold blood.

Surely, just because of a vision in which she might appear useful, she's suddenly excempt of law, or justice?

Why after we beat her, taking her captive, or at least disarming her, was not the first course of action.

"This lass her just killed some of your friends, but she wants to fight with us now,

so be sure let her feel welcome, mm'kay"

• ArenaNet Staff

TBH, I never intended for those pact people to be dead dead so much as downed/passed out from the gas, but I disabled the ability to rez them because players would stop and try to revive them and fall to the poison themselves. She was going to try to stop anyone who tried to take the sword, she was desperate to accomplish her mission, but... yeah. More intense than I intended.

In general, though, with questions like this it's good to remember that every company is composed of a lot of individuals with all sorts of different opinions.

The Commander runs around with a dragon companion. I think they probably get to make, erm, command decisions about battlefield pardons (or punishments).

In retrospect, I probably should have been as bothered as @"Ayakaru.6583" was, but I was much more distracted by not knowing who this was that I supposedly remembered. Sure, there was a priestess back during the epilogue _a year ago_, but if she had any dialogue (a) I don't remember it and (b) it's not on the wiki to refresh my memory. I accept that some random worshiper holds a grudge and I accept that she remembers the Commander, but... I had to stop what I was doing to think about who that might have been. And then once she revealed herself, I again stopped to try to remember (or find out) and nothing.

Put more generically, I think the writing time sometimes forgets how lore-savvy and lore-impatient players will react. Although the writers are (nearly always) aware of all the relevant backgrounds, the community will have very mixed levels of knowledge. If we haven't really interacted with someone, please don't imply that we should remember them (or that the Commander does). Similarly, it can be distracting if it's assumed that the Commander (and the player) should know what others have learned "off stage."

This isn't something that happens often and, to my recollection, it doesn't happen the same way each time. But it doesn't seem to happen regularly. For example: Mordremoth's name, the Livia reveal, the amount of assumption about what non-LS1 players know about LS1 characters. None of it has ruined the story for me, it just distracts, which undermines the good (and sometimes great or really fun) stuff that's there.

> @"Connor Fallon.9408" said:

> TBH, I never intended for those pact people to be dead dead so much as downed/passed out from the gas, but I disabled the ability to rez them because players would stop and try to revive them and fall to the poison themselves. She was going to try to stop anyone who tried to take the sword, she was desperate to accomplish her mission, but... yeah. More intense than I intended.

>

> In general, though, with questions like this it's good to remember that every company is composed of a lot of individuals with all sorts of different opinions.

In that case, a debuff could've been given to the bodies when targeted, like 'paralyzed" or 'comatose'.

Or the resurrection interaction could've given an error like 'you can't help people when it exposes you to the sniper'.

But oh well, knowing she never killed anyone makes her presence a lot less.. liable

> @"Connor Fallon.9408" said:

> TBH, I never intended for those pact people to be dead dead so much as downed/passed out from the gas, but I disabled the ability to rez them because players would stop and try to revive them and fall to the poison themselves. She was going to try to stop anyone who tried to take the sword, she was desperate to accomplish her mission, but... yeah. More intense than I intended.

>

> In general, though, with questions like this it's good to remember that every company is composed of a lot of individuals with all sorts of different opinions.

characters are unconscious unless we say they're dead