[Balance discussion] Moa Stance needs some changes

Arheundel.6451

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > Personally i think it does way to many things. It gives prot regen, fury and swiftness.

> > > > > I think the regen and fury should be put elsewhere.

> > > > > CD in line with all other stances and duration too.

> > > > > Fury on the elite. Regen on heal.

> > > > > That would bring it in line with the rest.

> > > >

> > > > We get prot on dodge and the other 3 boons on our shout heal.

> > >

> > > 1. No we dont get them automatically. Your pet needs to have these to get them. And you have to burn a heal skill for it with an interuptable cast time and crucial function.

> > > With stance share you even get every boon doubled with WhaO if you want to because your pet gets the boons from share.

> > > 2. Distributing the boons more on other stances isn't that bad of an idea IMO it makes them more attractive and Moa stance has already great utility by prolonging boons. Many boon builds would still take. Ranger has already high amounts of fury and regen on bear stance would improve the heal.

> > > 3. Persoanlly i think all stances at 8s duration and 30s CD would be good. Eith GM trait you would have 50% uptime of the utility stances. Buffing the weaker ones and tuning down moa is a price i gladly would pay.

> > >

> >

> > 1. Yes, we do get them automatically. No, our pet doesn't need to have them. Yes, but in a fight you use your healing skill often and it very rarely gets interrupted if you use it properly/the enemy isn't specifically looking for it with a cc ready.

> > - [Resounding Timbre](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resounding_Timbre)

> > - [Wilderness Knowledge](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wilderness_Knowledge)

> > - [soften the Fall](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soften_the_Fall)

> >

> > 2. Buffing Dolyak Stance is not a good idea. The only thing that would help Bear Stance is a cooldown reduction to 20 seconds, a base heal of 6.5k while dropping the heal per condition removed to 308.

> > 3. Dolyak Stance, Moa Stance and One Wolf Pack are fine and should not be touched. The other stances need buffs.

>

> As you point out you need a lot of setup for this. Moa stance is a one button press.

> I think distrivuting its effects is more beneficial. I agree that OwP does not need buffs. As a support tool it would provide something nore though.

> For bear stance it would not shoot it out of the water but as a buff it would be atleast something.

> The duration buff for dolayk stance could be implemented for PvE although not PvP/WvW.

> Abothwr reason to make them all one line CD is just for simplicity to keep easier track of them.

>

Traits =/= setup. It's also a single button press.

Honestly, the boons can be removed for all I care. There's already so much of it going around that it won't make a difference.

Bear Stance won't be viable unless it has a base healing increase and cooldown reduction. 30 seconds on Bear Stance would be terrible.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > > > > Personally i think it does way to many things. It gives prot regen, fury and swiftness.

> > > > > > I think the regen and fury should be put elsewhere.

> > > > > > CD in line with all other stances and duration too.

> > > > > > Fury on the elite. Regen on heal.

> > > > > > That would bring it in line with the rest.

> > > > >

> > > > > We get prot on dodge and the other 3 boons on our shout heal.

> > > >

> > > > 1. No we dont get them automatically. Your pet needs to have these to get them. And you have to burn a heal skill for it with an interuptable cast time and crucial function.

> > > > With stance share you even get every boon doubled with WhaO if you want to because your pet gets the boons from share.

> > > > 2. Distributing the boons more on other stances isn't that bad of an idea IMO it makes them more attractive and Moa stance has already great utility by prolonging boons. Many boon builds would still take. Ranger has already high amounts of fury and regen on bear stance would improve the heal.

> > > > 3. Persoanlly i think all stances at 8s duration and 30s CD would be good. Eith GM trait you would have 50% uptime of the utility stances. Buffing the weaker ones and tuning down moa is a price i gladly would pay.

> > > >

> > >

> > > 1. Yes, we do get them automatically. No, our pet doesn't need to have them. Yes, but in a fight you use your healing skill often and it very rarely gets interrupted if you use it properly/the enemy isn't specifically looking for it with a cc ready.

> > > - [Resounding Timbre](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resounding_Timbre)

> > > - [Wilderness Knowledge](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wilderness_Knowledge)

> > > - [soften the Fall](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soften_the_Fall)

> > >

> > > 2. Buffing Dolyak Stance is not a good idea. The only thing that would help Bear Stance is a cooldown reduction to 20 seconds, a base heal of 6.5k while dropping the heal per condition removed to 308.

> > > 3. Dolyak Stance, Moa Stance and One Wolf Pack are fine and should not be touched. The other stances need buffs.

> >

> > As you point out you need a lot of setup for this. Moa stance is a one button press.

> > I think distrivuting its effects is more beneficial. I agree that OwP does not need buffs. As a support tool it would provide something nore though.

> > For bear stance it would not shoot it out of the water but as a buff it would be atleast something.

> > The duration buff for dolayk stance could be implemented for PvE although not PvP/WvW.

> > Abothwr reason to make them all one line CD is just for simplicity to keep easier track of them.

> >

>

> Traits =/= setup. It's also a single button press.

>

> Honestly, the boons can be removed for all I care. There's already so much of it going around that it won't make a difference.

>

> Bear Stance won't be viable unless it has a base healing increase and cooldown reduction. 30 seconds on Bear Stance would be terrible.

You trait other traits in regard for such an affect in that matter. So it is somewhat of a setup/blueprint you need to follow to have these affects.

Moa stance has these affects without any trait interactions. With traits its even better.

Idc if they keep this stance as is,but if they berf it for the sake if the other stances i gladly accept that.

I wish griffon stance gets some love. Double evade with charges like twist of fate would have been cool.

> @"GUFF.5692" said:

> Very disappointing to see fellow rangers actually advocating for nerfs to our own class. I have zero doubt there will be nerfs to SB in the future.

I already expect a nerf to come one way or another.

I'd just rather that if/when it happens, I'd hope they would buff Leader of the Pack's effect on allies and/or improve the other Stances in exchange, because expecting them to just buff the underused stances without taking something away is nigh-unrealistic.

> @"GUFF.5692" said:

> Very disappointing to see fellow rangers actually advocating for nerfs to our own class. I have zero doubt there will be nerfs to SB in the future.

There is nothing wrong with "advocating for nerfs." I don't see how that is disappointing. Just because you play a class does not mean you should defend it no matter what. People have the right to be critical of the classes they play, and should be encouraged to do so.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> Currently this stance in particular https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Moa_Stance is being "abused" freely by 8 rangers out of 10 using SB, it's one of those skills I would consider a **noob tool** which allows players to outlive situations where they should be clearly dead.

>

> The problem is I see this stance being used off CD and not really with any strategic plan in mind as it is with **we heal as one + NM** , I am sure this thread will attract the usual rage mode but...this is my personal stance, I just hate this kind of crutch skill/utility/trait and I will always advocate for their removal/change no matter the class.

>

> I am not really asking for any hard nerf, for instance I believe a longer CD is in place , something like 40-45s CD or I'd say 40s Cd and base duration decreased from 10s to 6s like all other stances, nothing really on the same levels of mirage condi or scourge condi spam but something still really annoying to deal with, not really fun or challenging to face because the opponent keeps using this stance off CD with no real tactic in mind other than keep perma protection/regen up

There is counter play to boons. The devs made them. Use them and practice. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon

I sometimes chuckle when I see certain complaints similar to these for a couple reasons... One being that a player who loses to another automatically wants to blame something or someone else... never themselves or their builds or getting outplayed... Second, is when forumites niggle about certain inconsequential "stuff' while things like my necro, in full trailblazer, took like 24k in 3 seconds from a Mesmer popping out of stealth... and there are a plethora of examples of "real" broken aspects... sigh..

Edit- and you can't use the "8 out of 10 noob tool" thing to strengthen your argument because we can say that stuff for every profession... and if you feel that most players run certain builds then look up how to counter it, don't expect the devs to nerf things because you are unwilling to change your build. You also can't build a perfect character to counter every profession build out there, because each one carries various strengths and weaknesses from the start. This game also wasn't built and balanced for 1v1 so get that out of your mind. And accept there are better players than you, and that you won't win all the time.

> 1. There are also people who complain about non-issues and try to get them nerfed.

This. /thread

It's like

"I don't use this skill, but I think it's too strong when others are using it, so nerf it!"

or

"This skill doesn't fit my vision of the game, so nerf it!"

or

"Too many players are using this skill - nerf it!"

It's my way or the highway!

> @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > 1. There are also people who complain about non-issues and try to get them nerfed.

>

> This. /thread

>

> It's like

> "I don't use this skill, but I think it's too strong when others are using it, so nerf it!"

> or

> "This skill doesn't fit my vision of the game, so nerf it!"

> or

> "Too many players are using this skill - nerf it!"

>

> It's my way or the highway!

Amen

> @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > 1. There are also people who complain about non-issues and try to get them nerfed.

>

> This. /thread

>

> It's like

> "I don't use this skill, but I think it's too strong when others are using it, so nerf it!"

> or

> "This skill doesn't fit my vision of the game, so nerf it!"

> or

> "Too many players are using this skill - nerf it!"

>

> It's my way or the highway!

I use it. I never drop it. Its damn conveniant but i still think it does way to much.

I dont want it nerfed to absolut uselessness but rather distribute some to other stances to keep it conserved in soulbeast but also improve other stances while moa stance gets a small shave.

A complete change in function could also be somethinh to look at.

Like giving utility boons and grant a static increase in boon duration when you strike an enemy in the intervall or whatever.

Atm its a conveniance button and totally passive at that. Something more interesting / less convoluted would be more attractive IMO.

Its not OP, its not UP, its just boring. Good but boring.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > 1. There are also people who complain about non-issues and try to get them nerfed.

> >

> > This. /thread

> >

> > It's like

> > "I don't use this skill, but I think it's too strong when others are using it, so nerf it!"

> > or

> > "This skill doesn't fit my vision of the game, so nerf it!"

> > or

> > "Too many players are using this skill - nerf it!"

> >

> > It's my way or the highway!

>

> I use it. I never drop it. Its kitten conveniant but i still think it does way to much.

> I dont want it nerfed to absolut uselessness but rather distribute some to other stances to keep it conserved in soulbeast but also improve other stances while moa stance gets a small shave.

> A complete change in function could also be somethinh to look at.

> Like giving utility boons and grant a static increase in boon duration when you strike an enemy in the intervall or whatever.

>

> Atm its a conveniance button and totally passive at that. Something more interesting / less convoluted would be more attractive IMO.

> Its not OP, its not UP, its just boring. Good but boring.

It’s much better for players in the long run to learn about counters.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > 1. There are also people who complain about non-issues and try to get them nerfed.

> > >

> > > This. /thread

> > >

> > > It's like

> > > "I don't use this skill, but I think it's too strong when others are using it, so nerf it!"

> > > or

> > > "This skill doesn't fit my vision of the game, so nerf it!"

> > > or

> > > "Too many players are using this skill - nerf it!"

> > >

> > > It's my way or the highway!

> >

> > I use it. I never drop it. Its kitten conveniant but i still think it does way to much.

> > I dont want it nerfed to absolut uselessness but rather distribute some to other stances to keep it conserved in soulbeast but also improve other stances while moa stance gets a small shave.

> > A complete change in function could also be somethinh to look at.

> > Like giving utility boons and grant a static increase in boon duration when you strike an enemy in the intervall or whatever.

> >

> > Atm its a conveniance button and totally passive at that. Something more interesting / less convoluted would be more attractive IMO.

> > Its not OP, its not UP, its just boring. Good but boring.

>

> It’s much better for players in the long run to learn about counters.

Fair point but totally nothing in relation to mine though. I am not talking about that it isnt counterable but rather that it does so much. It gives 3 very good boons and some swiftness AND it increases boon duration and can be shared with allies. With the lowest CD and the longest duration if all stances and instant cadt at that.

Its a good skill for sure. Just pure convenience and it does way to much in comparison to the other stances.

Best way prolly is to change Griffon stance, slap fury on that (and the swiftness too maybe) keep prot and regen on it and you still would have a good skill. Even if ut is only 8s and 30s CD it would be a good skill and many would pick it.

It basically outshines all other stances except the elite, so i think distributing some effects would make the whole spec feel a bit better.

i don't use moa stance (i find it very passive) and i think the stance is fine.

Boon ranger is nothing new in the game, every other class in game has insane access to boons if they build for it. They don't because they have better skills to slot than pure utility.

All classes except ranger have boon rips, they can use those to counter.

I would not touch Moa or Doylak stances at all.

Personally, I only run moa stance when playing a NM build and using siamoth for the plasma. Otherwise moa just doesn't feel like it's worth slotting. The boons it offers are easily accessible to soulbeast/ranger already and the strength of the boon duration increase depends entirely on what boons you're able to generate during that window the stance is active.

So let me get this straight: Druid got nerfed and now has no place in the current META. Yeah, it can be played by those extremely skilled but other than that it's not getting you wins.

So now you want nerf moa stance so the whole boonbeast build will take a big hit and probably will be weaker than others options like holo, so no point to play this one anymore.

Now we are left with the one shot build which people always cry for nerf, not you, but a lot of people. So every ranger will be stuck with this build if they want actually win a match? I am not a fan of this kinda of playstyle and bet many others aren't as well.

An active skill is passive, this is new.

Ranger and Druid can already maintain perma swiftness, fury, regen and eventually protection under conditions. You need a warhorn (eventually traited), WHAO traited, boon duration runes and concentration sigils. Fresh Reinforcement and Moa Stance open build diversity since you don't need this specific weapon, heal and sigils to achieve the EXACT same thing. If you already played a core boon Ranger (or boon druid) and you want to play Soulbeast for the mechanic, what other choice do you have than add boons over the top of the boons you already have for ages? All the other traits are garbage.

Moa Stance alone does absolutely nothing "way too much" for yourself, it mostly shines in group play, which is a good thing. If you want to nerf it, you'd better have to ask to revert the huge boon duration nerf on warhorn.

I like moa stance. It's a skill that seems a bit meh but actually can find its way into various builds, be it boons or power.

That said

From experience i expect a nerf from 66% boon duration to 33% because anet always starts at 66 then brings it down to 33 if it turns out to be good.

Traited 15 seconds of moa stance is a bit insane. I predict the duration will be cut at some point

I wont mind nerfs to moa as long as they dont make it another griffon stance. If you cut it too hard (by itself it's only a few boons + duration increase) it'll become useless and forgotten.

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> I like moa stance. It's a skill that seems a bit meh but actually can find its way into various builds, be it boons or power.

>

> That said

> From experience i expect a nerf from 66% boon duration to 33% because anet always starts at 66 then brings it down to 33 if it turns out to be good.

> Traited 15 seconds of moa stance is a bit insane. I predict the duration will be cut at some point

>

> I wont mind nerfs to moa as long as they dont make it another griffon stance. If you cut it too hard (by itself it's only a few boons + duration increase) it'll become useless and forgotten.

I don't expect any nerf in the stance itself. It is the skill core design, removing that without buffing other aspect of the stance would make the skill to lose all it's purpouse.

Personally i don't think the skill need any changing, It's not like other classes don't have permaboons builds, reapaer can build for permaquickness now for example.

Eles, engies, guardians, mesmers and warriors all have high uptime of protection and some resistance.

All but ranger have means to remove boons. They should learn how to use it.

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> I like moa stance. It's a skill that seems a bit meh but actually can find its way into various builds, be it boons or power.

>

> That said

> From experience i expect a nerf from 66% boon duration to 33% because anet always starts at 66 then brings it down to 33 if it turns out to be good.

> Traited 15 seconds of moa stance is a bit insane. I predict the duration will be cut at some point

>

> I wont mind nerfs to moa as long as they dont make it another griffon stance. If you cut it too hard (by itself it's only a few boons + duration increase) it'll become useless and forgotten.

It's extremely rare to find honest players these days..my hat to you but...you're like 1 out of 100 so the whole situation remain bleak

> > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > I like moa stance. It's a skill that seems a bit meh but actually can find its way into various builds, be it boons or power.

> >

> > That said

> > From experience i expect a nerf from 66% boon duration to 33% because anet always starts at 66 then brings it down to 33 if it turns out to be good.

> > Traited 15 seconds of moa stance is a bit insane. I predict the duration will be cut at some point

> >

> > I wont mind nerfs to moa as long as they dont make it another griffon stance. If you cut it too hard (by itself it's only a few boons + duration increase) it'll become useless and forgotten.

>

> It's extremely rare to find honest players these days..my hat to you but...you're like 1 out of 100 so the whole situation remain bleak

Situation remains bleak? Nobody here is an ANet developer, and the devs don't care what anyone in this thread thinks.

They'll just keep down the path of "nerf a pet, nerf a trait, buff something nobody will use anyway, and leave Axe split between gamemodes" until GW3 or GW dies.

But yeah, why are you even remotely concerned with what anybody here thinks? You're in a biased subclass forum asking for nerfs against that subclass where no developer will ever see the discussion, and even if they did, they wouldn't care about the amount of agreement or disagreement within the topic, they'd still do whatever they want and ignore all of the issues that have been introduced to the game's balance since HoT dropped.

> > I like moa stance. It's a skill that seems a bit meh but actually can find its way into various builds, be it boons or power.

> >

> > That said

> > From experience i expect a nerf from 66% boon duration to 33% because anet always starts at 66 then brings it down to 33 if it turns out to be good.

> > Traited 15 seconds of moa stance is a bit insane. I predict the duration will be cut at some point

> >

> > I wont mind nerfs to moa as long as they dont make it another griffon stance. If you cut it too hard (by itself it's only a few boons + duration increase) it'll become useless and forgotten.

>

> It's extremely rare to find honest players these days..my hat to you but...you're like 1 out of 100 so the whole situation remain bleak

Exactly. And you’re the one being disingenuous.

You complain about Protection uptime... There is boon removal. Boon corrupt. Vulnerability. Protection doesn’t offer defense to conditions.

You complain about Regeneration... 1 tiny tick of poison reduces all healing and regen by 33%.

You are being dishonest because you lost to a ranger period. Change your build and practice. This isn’t a 1v1 game so be more realistic with your complaints.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > > I like moa stance. It's a skill that seems a bit meh but actually can find its way into various builds, be it boons or power.

> > >

> > > That said

> > > From experience i expect a nerf from 66% boon duration to 33% because anet always starts at 66 then brings it down to 33 if it turns out to be good.

> > > Traited 15 seconds of moa stance is a bit insane. I predict the duration will be cut at some point

> > >

> > > I wont mind nerfs to moa as long as they dont make it another griffon stance. If you cut it too hard (by itself it's only a few boons + duration increase) it'll become useless and forgotten.

> >

> > It's extremely rare to find honest players these days..my hat to you but...you're like 1 out of 100 so the whole situation remain bleak

>

> Exactly. And you’re the one being disingenuous.

>

> You complain about Protection uptime... There is boon removal. Boon corrupt. Vulnerability. Protection doesn’t offer defense to conditions.

>

> You complain about Regeneration... 1 tiny tick of poison reduces all healing and regen by 33%.

>

> You are being dishonest because you lost to a ranger period. Change your build and practice. This isn’t a 1v1 game so be more realistic with your complaints.

>

>

Some classes have absolutely zero access to boon removal/boon corrupt, vulnerability isn't as strong of a debuff as protection is a buff, Second Skin in the soulbeast traitline lets protection reduce condition damage by 33% and it's a comparable pick (thus people will use it) to the other two traits.

This game isn't a 1v1 game however at least some balancing is done around 1v1s even if it's lower priority. It is important to always keep 1v1 balance in mind because there are many situations in both pvp and wvw that are "effectively" 1v1s, meaning they may not strictly be a duel, but the winner of the situation comes down to who outplays the other as if they were in a 1v1.

> >

> > That said

> >

>

"Everyone who disagrees with me is dishonest."

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > I like moa stance. It's a skill that seems a bit meh but actually can find its way into various builds, be it boons or power.

> > >

> > > That said

> > > From experience i expect a nerf from 66% boon duration to 33% because anet always starts at 66 then brings it down to 33 if it turns out to be good.

> > > Traited 15 seconds of moa stance is a bit insane. I predict the duration will be cut at some point

> > >

> > > I wont mind nerfs to moa as long as they dont make it another griffon stance. If you cut it too hard (by itself it's only a few boons + duration increase) it'll become useless and forgotten.

> >

> > It's extremely rare to find honest players these days..my hat to you but...you're like 1 out of 100 so the whole situation remain bleak

>

> Exactly. And you’re the one being disingenuous.

>

> You complain about Protection uptime... There is boon removal. Boon corrupt. Vulnerability. Protection doesn’t offer defense to conditions.

>

> You complain about Regeneration... 1 tiny tick of poison reduces all healing and regen by 33%.

>

> You are being dishonest because you lost to a ranger period. Change your build and practice. This isn’t a 1v1 game so be more realistic with your complaints.

>

>

More realistic? You're the one trying to make some sort of point based purely on assumptions...I lost to a ranger and made a "complain" thread..or that's what your mind tell you, ok but fantasy and reality are separate

> > >

> > > That said

> > >

> >

>

> "Everyone who disagrees with me is dishonest."

1+1=2 ..if you disagree with me yeah you're being dishonest it's that simple