Endless Miniature Tonic now in novelties...

How long ago did you get them? If it's been a while, then ANet's position is you got good use out of the duplicate one. If you got them after shared slots became a thing, that's still a long time ago and presumably you wanted the second one rather than using up a slot and got good use. If you got them after the novelty UI was introduced, there was plenty of warning that they were going to include tonics in a bit, I think they notified us of that in the novelty UI FAQ the day of release. So ANet Support might still not be helpful, but at least that is a newer purchase.

And, in the long run, 175K karma is a drop in the bucket of what you'll accrue. I don't karma farm and I do freely spend it when I see things I want, and I've well over 6 million of it.

I understand you're feeling a bit frustrated, but I think maybe this is a more recoverable change for you than others that have happened over the years.

> @"JanHermann.2436" said:

> I got two of them and paid (I think) 175000 karma each, and now the second one is practically useless since I can't sell/refund it.

> Please at least give me my 175000 karma for the second one back.

Uhm... it was _you_ who added it to your Novelties, so there is no one else to blame. ;)

> @"Sithis.3564" said:

> 175k karma? I have over 17 milion, lol.

Many people don't have nearly that much, because they actually spend it on stuff. No reason to laugh at them.

For some reason I ended up with 2 frying pans (from the cooks outfit), I think it was a result of the pre account wardrobe when things were character bound, but I really don't remember. The second frying pan has been on a character for awhile now, and will continue to be on that character I suppose, maybe I'll finally delete it, don't know.

Anyway, it's a loss either way, but consider yourself lucky it was karma and not gems.