Buffing chill to 50% is probably a mistake for necro

Axl.8924

It's a 1 second cast time and still only a 2.625 power multiplier a bit higher than backstab which has only a .25 sec cast and litterally no tell since stealth. Admittedly I don't really know how distinctive the animation is because focus necro hasn't been a threat in forever, but the damage is now inline with what you should expect for a 1 sec cast and 20 second cool down skill.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> >

> > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> >

> > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

>

> It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

>

> Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

> @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > >

> > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > >

> > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> >

> > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> >

> > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

>

> Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

* Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

* Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

**About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

> @"Vaeo.4097" said:

> > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > > >

> > > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > > >

> > > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> > >

> > > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> > >

> > > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

> >

> > Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

>

> If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

> * Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

> * Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

>

> Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

>

>

>

> **About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

> From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

> Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

> Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

rangers are hitting you with 10k from LB AA on 2000 range.

Warriors hitting you with 10k on nearly every skill.

mesmer burst for 20k+ dmg.

DE oneshoots out of invis.

dmg in this game is huge on every class. but against necros you can at least use your massive CCs you have as ele. you also have an unbelievable high amount of dodges, invulns, blocks. and you are also able to outmove a necro. use what anet gave you.

i dont see that gamebreaking Thing, cause if you Play properly necro never can hit you.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

>

> I heard 10k which is nuts and if has boons going to wreck you fast.

>

> Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

>

> Thats the one i'm talking about

>

>

you heard wrong its 6.3k max with full zerker and 10% dmg from runes

> @"DragonFury.6243" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

> >

> > I heard 10k which is nuts and if has boons going to wreck you fast.

> >

> > Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

> >

> > Thats the one i'm talking about

> >

> >

>

> you heard wrong its 6.3k max with full zerker and 10% dmg from runes

I've gotten 10k with it using demolisher's ammy, reaper has no shortage of chill and vuln to spike damage up by 37.5%

> @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > >

> > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > >

> > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> >

> > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> >

> > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

>

> agree. But outnumbered WH saved me more than once ?

> unfortunatly WH is the best one to kite away from the fight (swiftness,cripple, almost unpredictible daze) + dazes through walls ??

> to reduce the disparity of functions, i'd love if anet would make focus 4 aoe

Focus 4 could definitely use some work lmao (especially this obstructed BS at point blank range) and agree about Warhorn good for escaping, I'd probably use Warhorn more for that reason haha

> @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

I didn't say avoid, I said by the time you factor in cast times, animations and passive stability flying everywhere... It's like a math sum, you compare that to Focus 5 and how many boons there are now days + factor in the situations of your necro playstyle and come to a conclusion on what has more usefulness for your play style. I'm a focus man myself but I know WH also has it's uniqueness with the extra CC and so forth.

I never said I was smarter, I'm not sure how personal play styles factor into intelligence either or why copying META builds would be any indication of that on behalf of thousands of players, if anything that sort of like saying "all those people know what they are doing because they copied that streamer".... Like what...

Anyway, here's some Reaper Focus game play prepatch.... I usually play slightly intoxicated so try not to cringe too much lmao

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > @"Vaeo.4097" said:

> > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > > > >

> > > > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > > > >

> > > > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> > > >

> > > > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> > > >

> > > > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

> > >

> > > Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

> >

> > If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

> > * Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

> > * Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

> >

> > Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

> >

> >

> >

> > **About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

> > From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

> > Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

> > Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

>

> rangers are hitting you with 10k from LB AA on 2000 range.

> Warriors hitting you with 10k on nearly every skill.

> mesmer burst for 20k+ dmg.

> DE oneshoots out of invis.

> …

>

> dmg in this game is huge on every class. but against necros you can at least use your massive CCs you have as ele. you also have an unbelievable high amount of dodges, invulns, blocks. and you are also able to outmove a necro. use what anet gave you.

> i dont see that gamebreaking Thing, cause if you Play properly necro never can hit you.

You grab your Ele, I'll grab my Necro + a recorder, lets do this :tongue:

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > just use aegis

> > > I'm fairly sure there was a patch at some point that specifically made aegis the prioritized boon to strip first when you use focus 5 because prior to that it could in fact be blocked by aegis.

> >

> > Before yesterday's patch still every guard just blocked focus 5 with their aegis.

> You sure it wasn't the focus block or the DH thing? I'm too lazy to log on and test it on the golem. You should totally do it for me.

It's in the video I posted just then at 5:20

> > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"Vaeo.4097" said:

> > > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> > > > >

> > > > > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> > > > >

> > > > > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

> > > >

> > > > Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

> > >

> > > If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

> > > * Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

> > > * Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

> > >

> > > Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > **About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

> > > From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

> > > Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

> > > Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

> >

> > rangers are hitting you with 10k from LB AA on 2000 range.

> > Warriors hitting you with 10k on nearly every skill.

> > mesmer burst for 20k+ dmg.

> > DE oneshoots out of invis.

> > …

> >

> > dmg in this game is huge on every class. but against necros you can at least use your massive CCs you have as ele. you also have an unbelievable high amount of dodges, invulns, blocks. and you are also able to outmove a necro. use what anet gave you.

> > i dont see that gamebreaking Thing, cause if you Play properly necro never can hit you.

>

> You grab your Ele, I'll grab my Necro + a recorder, lets do this :tongue:

oh that would be fun since ele is the least played class of mine. but lets fight both with nec. someone that is able to Play ele should easily kill me :3

ah, and btw, that dont change the fact that every class in the game has massive burst Combos. ;)

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"Vaeo.4097" said:

> > > > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

> > > >

> > > > If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

> > > > * Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

> > > > * Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

> > > >

> > > > Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > **About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

> > > > From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

> > > > Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

> > > > Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

> > >

> > > rangers are hitting you with 10k from LB AA on 2000 range.

> > > Warriors hitting you with 10k on nearly every skill.

> > > mesmer burst for 20k+ dmg.

> > > DE oneshoots out of invis.

> > > …

> > >

> > > dmg in this game is huge on every class. but against necros you can at least use your massive CCs you have as ele. you also have an unbelievable high amount of dodges, invulns, blocks. and you are also able to outmove a necro. use what anet gave you.

> > > i dont see that gamebreaking Thing, cause if you Play properly necro never can hit you.

> >

> > You grab your Ele, I'll grab my Necro + a recorder, lets do this :tongue:

>

> oh that would be fun since ele is the least played class of mine. but lets fight both with nec. someone that is able to Play ele should easily kill me :3

>

> ah, and btw, that dont change the fact that every class in the game has massive burst Combos. ;)

I never said it didn't?

oh fair enough, sounded like you could own all reapers as an Ele.

> > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > @"Vaeo.4097" said:

> > > > > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

> > > > > * Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

> > > > > * Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

> > > > >

> > > > > Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > **About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

> > > > > From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

> > > > > Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

> > > > > Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

> > > >

> > > > rangers are hitting you with 10k from LB AA on 2000 range.

> > > > Warriors hitting you with 10k on nearly every skill.

> > > > mesmer burst for 20k+ dmg.

> > > > DE oneshoots out of invis.

> > > > …

> > > >

> > > > dmg in this game is huge on every class. but against necros you can at least use your massive CCs you have as ele. you also have an unbelievable high amount of dodges, invulns, blocks. and you are also able to outmove a necro. use what anet gave you.

> > > > i dont see that gamebreaking Thing, cause if you Play properly necro never can hit you.

> > >

> > > You grab your Ele, I'll grab my Necro + a recorder, lets do this :tongue:

> >

> > oh that would be fun since ele is the least played class of mine. but lets fight both with nec. someone that is able to Play ele should easily kill me :3

> >

> > ah, and btw, that dont change the fact that every class in the game has massive burst Combos. ;)

>

> I never said it didn't?

>

> oh fair enough, sounded like you could own all reapers as an Ele.

dont know if i own them or not, but what you were complaining About is a General Problem with the game, that Overall dmg is simply to high. ist not just necro. but it seems most People are just complaining About necro while they Forget About all other classes that have the same dmg like necs.

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > > @"Vaeo.4097" said:

> > > > > > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

> > > > > > * Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

> > > > > > * Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

> > > > > > From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

> > > > > > Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

> > > > > > Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

> > > > >

> > > > > rangers are hitting you with 10k from LB AA on 2000 range.

> > > > > Warriors hitting you with 10k on nearly every skill.

> > > > > mesmer burst for 20k+ dmg.

> > > > > DE oneshoots out of invis.

> > > > > …

> > > > >

> > > > > dmg in this game is huge on every class. but against necros you can at least use your massive CCs you have as ele. you also have an unbelievable high amount of dodges, invulns, blocks. and you are also able to outmove a necro. use what anet gave you.

> > > > > i dont see that gamebreaking Thing, cause if you Play properly necro never can hit you.

> > > >

> > > > You grab your Ele, I'll grab my Necro + a recorder, lets do this :tongue:

> > >

> > > oh that would be fun since ele is the least played class of mine. but lets fight both with nec. someone that is able to Play ele should easily kill me :3

> > >

> > > ah, and btw, that dont change the fact that every class in the game has massive burst Combos. ;)

> >

> > I never said it didn't?

> >

> > oh fair enough, sounded like you could own all reapers as an Ele.

>

> dont know if i own them or not, but what you were complaining About is a General Problem with the game, that Overall dmg is simply to high. ist not just necro. but it seems most People are just complaining About necro while they Forget About all other classes that have the same dmg like necs.

that wasnt me lmao

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

> >

> > I heard 10k which is nuts and if has boons going to wreck you fast.

> >

> > Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

> >

> > Thats the one i'm talking about

> >

> >

>

> Ok. I can understand nerfing passive traits while buffing actives.

>

> What I can't understand is people always complaining about necromancer.

>

> If you don't want to get hit by 10k focus 5, just use aegis or don't apply boons to you. That easily solves the problem.

aegis doesn't help you vs spinal shivers. It gets removed before the dmg is applied.

> > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vaeo.4097" said:

> > > > > > > > @"kipthelip.5802" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Hylo.1968" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > No one actually uses focus on Necro. At least I hope no one actually does.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > the only reason to pickup warhorn over focus is aoe daze and close cripple ( amazing on shroud)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > in the other hand, focus is 900-1200 range and imho the best option for the 1v1 scenario

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It also has nice boon rip for dealing with Warriors, FB, Holo and SB or any class that relies heavily on boons... I've personally never understood WH over focus, you can get swiftness from traits or allies and the daze is questionable by the time you factor in cast times and animation skill effects and the amount of passive stability flying everywhere... I'd even say that WH is only good if you plan on taking the siphon vampiric trait...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just opinion based on my success with Focus for 6 years in comparison to WH.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ok the warhorn daze is easy to avoid but the focus skills arent? Come on dude. Believe it or not you are not smarter then the market aka the thousands of necro players that have chose warhorn over focus repeatedly over the years. This won't change that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you can't use focus properly this doesn't mean nobody can. Focus has it's advantages:

> > > > > > > * Focus 4 provides huge life force generation.

> > > > > > > * Focus 5 removes 3 boons and chills enemy. And chill is very effective in teamfight.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Currently I see necros with offhand focus pretty often. No idea, why you're talking they absent.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **About "Spinal Shivers" buff**

> > > > > > > From elementalist point of view it's absolutely game breaking change. Elementalist always have 3+ boons (in any build). So this skill will do 6K damage (or 10K if crit). It's silly.

> > > > > > > Argument about it's cast time is irrelevant. Ofcourse you can't spam it like axe 2 and 3. But it's not hard to time it to the end of dodge roll or after heavy pressure from axe attacks and reaper shroud.

> > > > > > > Evade Axe 2, recover from axe 3, evade reaper shroud 2, evade reaper shroud 5, kite shroud auto, evade axe 2, and then... boom -- 10K damage from nowhere. What a facsinating gameplay for ele.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > rangers are hitting you with 10k from LB AA on 2000 range.

> > > > > > Warriors hitting you with 10k on nearly every skill.

> > > > > > mesmer burst for 20k+ dmg.

> > > > > > DE oneshoots out of invis.

> > > > > > …

> > > > > >

> > > > > > dmg in this game is huge on every class. but against necros you can at least use your massive CCs you have as ele. you also have an unbelievable high amount of dodges, invulns, blocks. and you are also able to outmove a necro. use what anet gave you.

> > > > > > i dont see that gamebreaking Thing, cause if you Play properly necro never can hit you.

> > > > >

> > > > > You grab your Ele, I'll grab my Necro + a recorder, lets do this :tongue:

> > > >

> > > > oh that would be fun since ele is the least played class of mine. but lets fight both with nec. someone that is able to Play ele should easily kill me :3

> > > >

> > > > ah, and btw, that dont change the fact that every class in the game has massive burst Combos. ;)

> > >

> > > I never said it didn't?

> > >

> > > oh fair enough, sounded like you could own all reapers as an Ele.

> >

> > dont know if i own them or not, but what you were complaining About is a General Problem with the game, that Overall dmg is simply to high. ist not just necro. but it seems most People are just complaining About necro while they Forget About all other classes that have the same dmg like necs.

>

> that wasnt me lmao

i see xD

> @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

> > >

> > > I heard 10k which is nuts and if has boons going to wreck you fast.

> > >

> > > Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

> > >

> > > Thats the one i'm talking about

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Ok. I can understand nerfing passive traits while buffing actives.

> >

> > What I can't understand is people always complaining about necromancer.

> >

> > If you don't want to get hit by 10k focus 5, just use aegis or don't apply boons to you. That easily solves the problem.

>

> aegis doesn't help you vs spinal shivers. It gets removed before the dmg is applied.

its in the video at 5.20... Aegis Blocks Focus 5

> > @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

> > > >

> > > > I heard 10k which is nuts and if has boons going to wreck you fast.

> > > >

> > > > Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

> > > >

> > > > Thats the one i'm talking about

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ok. I can understand nerfing passive traits while buffing actives.

> > >

> > > What I can't understand is people always complaining about necromancer.

> > >

> > > If you don't want to get hit by 10k focus 5, just use aegis or don't apply boons to you. That easily solves the problem.

> >

> > aegis doesn't help you vs spinal shivers. It gets removed before the dmg is applied.

>

> its in the video at 5.20... Aegis Blocks Focus 5

So I was right.

It has 4 counterplay then:

1. Dodge

2. Block

3. Invulnerability

4. Don't apply boons to yourself

> @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> Yeah I always take focus over warhorn as a reaper. That 5 boonstrip + chill is a great entry into 1v1s and Reaper's Touch is a unique multi-hit and heal combo against people getting in your face. And they never expect it either.

>

> Having multiple boonstrip keys is great for removing protection in fractals as well.

People are fighting you face to face in close combat?

I wanna crush those bad players as well. Can you introduce me to them?

If you cast it at 1200 range it will most likely strip like one boon which is swiftness, and that's it. Also chilling them on 1200 range when the fight starts accomplishes nothing.

Then next: it only rips 3 boons

You wanna use this skill, when enemies try to escape or to reduce their burst by ripping their boons. That's at least how I use focus 5 most of the times.

> > @"Ferus.3165" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > I know lesser spinal shivers i know i defend necro, but if it hurt before, now it will really hurt and might even kill people instantly.People are definitely going to complain now if they hadn't before.

> > > >

> > > > I heard 10k which is nuts and if has boons going to wreck you fast.

> > > >

> > > > Spinal Shivers: The base damage and bonus damage of this skill have been increased by 50%.

> > > >

> > > > Thats the one i'm talking about

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ok. I can understand nerfing passive traits while buffing actives.

> > >

> > > What I can't understand is people always complaining about necromancer.

> > >

> > > If you don't want to get hit by 10k focus 5, just use aegis or don't apply boons to you. That easily solves the problem.

> >

> > aegis doesn't help you vs spinal shivers. It gets removed before the dmg is applied.

>

> its in the video at 5.20... Aegis Blocks Focus 5

yeah you are right. I looked at the wiki because i was not sure about that interaction and you can read in the "Notes" that "This skill is unblockable by Aegis. Aegis on target is removed by this skill." False information then.

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Ever tried hitting someone with Necro focus skills in pvp?

> >

> > Those cast times and skill props are so long and obvious even a pvp scub like myself can see them coming and dodge them.

>

>

> My dodges are gone after trying to dodge through a reapers burst while having a Warrior trying to use his burst ontop of having a thief TRB spam me... If only I had the luxury to face tank it all like yourself and save my precious dodges for this one skill...

>

> What class do you play by chance? is it Warrior Paladin or do you facetank with Mirage Invulns?

> My PvP life would be much smoother if you could share your build please.

Like I said.. i'm a pvp scrub and I don't like competitive play that much anyway so typically I don't play PvP at all.

But when I do I run Necro so I know how difficult it is to hit someone with Spinal Shivers since mine got dodged most of the time and likewise it's one of the easiest skills to dodge.

But i've not played much pvp since Elite specs came along.. my Build went from OP as hell to not OP at all against elite specs and what fun I was having pretty much went away with the build's effectiveness and I don't enjoy running meta builds etc.. If I can't make my own build and run it effectively then I'm not interested in using it in places I'll get slaughtered xD

Your problem seems to be trying to solo everyone on the enemy team at the same time >.<

Thieves and Mesmers P me off to no end in competitive because they're simply cheap classes with cheap mechanics and I'll continue saying that forver.. FOREVER!! XD

Any kind of situation where you're outnumbered is supposed to put you at a significant dissadvantage though.. it's kind of the point of ganging up on someone.

Fight any Necro in a fair fight and chances are he's not going to land that Spinal Shivers unless the target doesn't see it coming.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > Ever tried hitting someone with Necro focus skills in pvp?

> > >

> > > Those cast times and skill props are so long and obvious even a pvp scub like myself can see them coming and dodge them.

> >

> >

> > My dodges are gone after trying to dodge through a reapers burst while having a Warrior trying to use his burst ontop of having a thief TRB spam me... If only I had the luxury to face tank it all like yourself and save my precious dodges for this one skill...

> >

> > What class do you play by chance? is it Warrior Paladin or do you facetank with Mirage Invulns?

> > My PvP life would be much smoother if you could share your build please.

>

> Like I said.. i'm a pvp scrub and I don't like competitive play that much anyway so typically I don't play PvP at all.

> But when I do I run Necro so I know how difficult it is to hit someone with Spinal Shivers since mine got dodged most of the time and likewise it's one of the easiest skills to dodge.

> But i've not played much pvp since Elite specs came along.. my Build went from OP as hell to not OP at all against elite specs and what fun I was having pretty much went away with the build's effectiveness and I don't enjoy running meta builds etc.. If I can't make my own build and run it effectively then I'm not interested in using it in places I'll get slaughtered xD

>

> Your problem seems to be trying to solo everyone on the enemy team at the same time >.<

> Thieves and Mesmers P me off to no end in competitive because they're simply cheap classes with cheap mechanics and I'll continue saying that forver.. FOREVER!! XD

> Any kind of situation where you're outnumbered is supposed to put you at a significant dissadvantage though.. it's kind of the point of ganging up on someone.

> Fight any Necro in a fair fight and chances are he's not going to land that Spinal Shivers unless the target doesn't see it coming.

Theres no problem in soloing an entire team, I do it all the time on any class, its called fun hahaha

Like seriously, if you can get in and win 1v3 or more, its a good feeling and its also good survival training...

But it doesnt matter what you take honestly, I take focus because it suits me better to have that extra damage and boon rip and you take what ever suits you best dude.

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > Ever tried hitting someone with Necro focus skills in pvp?

> > > >

> > > > Those cast times and skill props are so long and obvious even a pvp scub like myself can see them coming and dodge them.

> > >

> > >

> > > My dodges are gone after trying to dodge through a reapers burst while having a Warrior trying to use his burst ontop of having a thief TRB spam me... If only I had the luxury to face tank it all like yourself and save my precious dodges for this one skill...

> > >

> > > What class do you play by chance? is it Warrior Paladin or do you facetank with Mirage Invulns?

> > > My PvP life would be much smoother if you could share your build please.

> >

> > Like I said.. i'm a pvp scrub and I don't like competitive play that much anyway so typically I don't play PvP at all.

> > But when I do I run Necro so I know how difficult it is to hit someone with Spinal Shivers since mine got dodged most of the time and likewise it's one of the easiest skills to dodge.

> > But i've not played much pvp since Elite specs came along.. my Build went from OP as hell to not OP at all against elite specs and what fun I was having pretty much went away with the build's effectiveness and I don't enjoy running meta builds etc.. If I can't make my own build and run it effectively then I'm not interested in using it in places I'll get slaughtered xD

> >

> > Your problem seems to be trying to solo everyone on the enemy team at the same time >.<

> > Thieves and Mesmers P me off to no end in competitive because they're simply cheap classes with cheap mechanics and I'll continue saying that forver.. FOREVER!! XD

> > Any kind of situation where you're outnumbered is supposed to put you at a significant dissadvantage though.. it's kind of the point of ganging up on someone.

> > Fight any Necro in a fair fight and chances are he's not going to land that Spinal Shivers unless the target doesn't see it coming.

>

> Theres no problem in soloing an entire team, I do it all the time on any class, its called fun hahaha

>

> Like seriously, if you can get in and win 1v3 or more, its a good feeling and its also good survival training...

>

>

> But it doesnt matter what you take honestly, I take focus because it suits me better to have that extra damage and boon rip and you take what ever suits you best dude.

Oh yeah I get that XD

I get the same feeling soloing PvE stuff that says Group event lol

It's definitely fun to win when the odds are stacked against you ^^

If you can win those 1v3 situations it's great, I used to pull that off sometimes with my old pre HoT Necro build.

But I always found it was more about my enemy's lack of skill than my own skill, against a co-ordinated group of 2+ it was very hard to endure for long.. let alone win.

I guess it really does depend on who you're fighting against a lot of the time as well.

Anyhow best of luck in your future battles ^^ hope you land some of them big focus kills.