Soul Eater

DragonFury.6243

[Gaile Gray.6029](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/profile/discussions/Gaile%20Gray.6029 "Gaile Gray.6029") said ["The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable"](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56372/balance-update-2-october-2018/p1 ""The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable"") so why Soul Eater haven't got the same treatment or the changes only for core weapons ?

PS Fell Beacon already have that treatment !!

I can think of lots of reasons:

1. It's a trait line for an espec that has a specific weapon as a defining element

2. They didn't get to it

3. It's not necessary

4. They already said it was SOME weapons traits, which means not all.

5. Whatever other reason you can think of place here.

I don't think there is some conspiracy going on here ... I wouldn't have expected it to change.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> Lingering Curse and Banshee's Wail are two others that are in the same boat as Soul Eater but weren't updated. I think Obtena has the right of it.

Lingering Curse was updated and its better then before, add 50 more condi damage and aoe. Banshee's Wail however is a trait that nobody will ever use and need a big buff/change.

Same with Quickening Thirst, they changed something, but its still not worth picking.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"mazut.4296" said:

> > Same with Quickening Thirst, they changed something, but its still not worth picking.

>

> I would disagree with this overall.

The only thing where it might be worth picking is spvp, but still. It competes with the rezz trait, which is a lot stronger I think.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> Because Soul Eater is extremely good as is?

i know its good as it is

but this patch try to separate weapons from traits to make taking the trait without the weapon worth some thing at least that why they separate the movement speed from the dagger

what remain is Soul Eater and Banshee's Wail

> @"mazut.4296" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > Lingering Curse and Banshee's Wail are two others that are in the same boat as Soul Eater but weren't updated. I think Obtena has the right of it.

>

> Lingering Curse was updated and its better then before, add 50 more condi damage and aoe. Banshee's Wail however is a trait that nobody will ever use and need a big buff/change.

> Same with Quickening Thirst, they changed something, but its still not worth picking.

My point is, if anet had intended to update all the specific weapon traits (which they only said some), then they would have updated Soul Eater and those two as well as Quickening Thirst. But they didn't leading to the point that yes, Obtena has the right of it.

Soul Eater has a lot of little sustain-bits wrapped into it. The skill is probably balanced as it is and compared to other weapon-improvement traits. I just do not like it because *I do not take it for sustain as a Reaper!*

Edit:

If Soul Eater was like Spiteful Talisman and gave 10% more damage in addition to a 20% CD reduction or like Lingering Curse and gave +200 Power and +50% condition duration then I would probably use it. I might even take it if it were like Quickening Thirst or Soul Marks but, no, Soul Eater is a bunker option for a bruiser build. If I wanted that, I would use a core build.