Halloween Event- Who is ready?

Batel, just in case, you may want to get through that story part. Assuming you have time in your day to work on it, of course, and aren't many episodes behind as it is. While the dialogue in the event hasn't changed for years and ANet doesn't revamp festivals all that much, the story events are really begging to be mentioned in this year's spooky time. In fact, if the event *doesn't* go into some of the lore implications of the story, you may find yourself faced with spoilers from people posting their disappointment with that.

I'm pretty psyched for it all myself, and am keenly interested in this Mad King's Raceway for beetles. Not that I'm pro with beetle or anything but hopefully it'll be something most everyone can enjoy and not just the keyboard dance masters.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Batel, just in case, you may want to get through that story part. Assuming you have time in your day to work on it, of course, and aren't many episodes behind as it is. While the dialogue in the event hasn't changed for years and ANet doesn't revamp festivals all that much, the story events are really begging to be mentioned in this year's spooky time. In fact, if the event *doesn't* go into some of the lore implications of the story, you may find yourself faced with spoilers from people posting their disappointment with that.

I'm just about to complete Living World Season *Two*...nowhere near Season Four yet, and at the rate I work through the stories, it'll probably be some time in 2078 that I'll get around to Long Live the Lich. :tongue: I think I'll wait a little while after the event has started and see what people say about it. But thank you for the heads-up, Donari! I'll be cautious.

I'm not just ready, I'm VERY ready. B)

I've got gems saved up to buy stuff from the gem store (already bought one thing, that being the lunatic guard outfit that showed up today), got a bunch of keys ready for when the BLC swaps, got a toon ready to farm Laby, I'm BEYOND ready. :D

What I am interested in seeing this year, some things that I'm hoping for, is Joko to show up being taunted by Mad King Thorn in some capacity (lel), praying that we get a Halloween beetle though I'm expecting we'll have to pay gems for it (I'll get it as long as it isn't a 2k gem skin), it looks like some potentially shiny stuff involving the lunatic armor was teased, upgrades perhaps?

I'm just all around excited, I had tons of fun this year and I'll have tons of fun this year! And lots of gold to earn. B)

> @"Batel.9206" said:

> > @"Donari.5237" said:

> > Batel, just in case, you may want to get through that story part. Assuming you have time in your day to work on it, of course, and aren't many episodes behind as it is. While the dialogue in the event hasn't changed for years and ANet doesn't revamp festivals all that much, the story events are really begging to be mentioned in this year's spooky time. In fact, if the event *doesn't* go into some of the lore implications of the story, you may find yourself faced with spoilers from people posting their disappointment with that.

>

> I'm just about to complete Living World Season *Two*...nowhere near Season Four yet, and at the rate I work through the stories, it'll probably be some time in 2078 that I'll get around to Long Live the Lich. :tongue: I think I'll wait a little while after the event has started and see what people say about it. But thank you for the heads-up, Donari! I'll be cautious.

Yeah, it would be hard to get through all of that unless you and your friend devoted all your time (no work, no school, no other activities) to it over the next week. So be cautious as you say. There is an article discussing what is coming in terms of content and it looks like the fallout from Long Live the Lich will be addressed in a collection achievement that you only unlock by completing that episode. Which means the forums will be full of people discussing that collection and its implications vis a vis the story, beware.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > They should use other cities as well for that festival.

>

> As I discovered a couple of weeks ago, there is a crypt hidden in old Ascalonian ruins by the Black Citadel that had a connection to the Mad King's son:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/T4Xea7z.jpg "")

>

> I want to see this area (and events involved) return! <3

Yeah was for the story arc with bloody prince. Don't remember the year, 2013-14...

We never had anything in hoelbrak, grove or black citadel through...

> @"Batel.9206" said:

> I can't wait! This is going to be my first Halloween with this game, and a friend and I promised each other we'll do the events together. Everything sounds like so much fun!

>

> I just hope there aren't spoilers about Joko...with *whatever* it was that happened in the last Living World episode. Haven't gotten there yet, and my friend and I are trying so hard to avoid spoilers...

If you want to avoid spoilers, i suggest avoiding the forum honestly.

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> It'll be nothing new. It's literally the same every year. With the same returning items.

Even tho most of the stuff is the same every year, they do update it every year with some fresh things.

Reapers Rumble is back, havent been available since 2012.

A new beetle race.

New collection achievements ”thorn vs joko”

And new skins, infusions etc

So quite alot tbh.

> @"nekretaal.6485" said:

> I'm not ready. I have to clean my inventory on a character to do lab with.

>

> Last year I used a Dragonhunter. I liked the long range bouncing arrow shots for running around, and I like the loot stick for doors, but the loot stick is nerfed. What's the best class now?

Probably staff Reaper with shouts for max AoE tagging.

Bouncing arrows on thief, DH, and Rev are probably good too.