> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > if i knew how to play engi, i'd do it

> > > > >

> > > > > They do not. Chorno stab is very dependent on FB giving them the stab to share.

> > > >

> > > > you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

> >

> > engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

> >

> > in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

>

> Or you have 2-3 FB 2 SB 3-4 scorge 1 chrono and 1-2 rev and rip though every thing in the game. There is a diffrent level of stab support FB brings to a fight and realy support over all to not have at the least ok stab support on the other support classes is to ask them to not be used at all.

> Also where the tempest and druid in your set up? I image they where asked to leave pt and wvw to let more vaiuble classes in and that IS where wvw is at now. Please take the blinder from your eyes ppl are realty pain here and are quitting the game in droves because they are bored playing FB and are not allowed to play with others on the "wrong" classes.

i posted an alternative that may be equal or better not the usual suspects.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > if i knew how to play engi, i'd do it

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They do not. Chorno stab is very dependent on FB giving them the stab to share.

> > > > >

> > > > > you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

> > >

> > > engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

> > >

> > > in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

> >

> > Or you have 2-3 FB 2 SB 3-4 scorge 1 chrono and 1-2 rev and rip though every thing in the game. There is a diffrent level of stab support FB brings to a fight and realy support over all to not have at the least ok stab support on the other support classes is to ask them to not be used at all.

> > Also where the tempest and druid in your set up? I image they where asked to leave pt and wvw to let more vaiuble classes in and that IS where wvw is at now. Please take the blinder from your eyes ppl are realty pain here and are quitting the game in droves because they are bored playing FB and are not allowed to play with others on the "wrong" classes.

>

> i posted an alternative that may be equal or better not the usual suspects.

No one is for sure much better and there no alternative with Tempest and Druid support it seems.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > if i knew how to play engi, i'd do it

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They do not. Chorno stab is very dependent on FB giving them the stab to share.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

> > > >

> > > > engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

> > > >

> > > > in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

> > >

> > > Or you have 2-3 FB 2 SB 3-4 scorge 1 chrono and 1-2 rev and rip though every thing in the game. There is a diffrent level of stab support FB brings to a fight and realy support over all to not have at the least ok stab support on the other support classes is to ask them to not be used at all.

> > > Also where the tempest and druid in your set up? I image they where asked to leave pt and wvw to let more vaiuble classes in and that IS where wvw is at now. Please take the blinder from your eyes ppl are realty pain here and are quitting the game in droves because they are bored playing FB and are not allowed to play with others on the "wrong" classes.

> >

> > i posted an alternative that may be equal or better not the usual suspects.

>

> No one is for sure much better and there no alternative with Tempest and Druid support it seems.

engi has it. their regen and cleanse is tops.

if you want to blame something why ppl leave, it is this

1. casual fights experienced group

2. less nos. fights blob (where any class or build will win because nos.)

3. some players don't have the stomach to give effort.

4. lag, bugs.

5. unwillingness to try new builds and hence their old ones being countered result to dying.

honorable mention

voip is not so easy to newbies too. sometimes commanders shout and call you out. shame hits some players where instead of improving they want to have it easy. i dont blame them, if your new, you'd feel hurt.

main culprit. population imbalance. the one reason. but meh, if smaller nos want to beat big. they can always cooperate and do their best. but not so easy with multiple egos.

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > if i knew how to play engi, i'd do it

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They do not. Chorno stab is very dependent on FB giving them the stab to share.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

> > > > >

> > > > > engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

> > > > >

> > > > > in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

> > > >

> > > > Or you have 2-3 FB 2 SB 3-4 scorge 1 chrono and 1-2 rev and rip though every thing in the game. There is a diffrent level of stab support FB brings to a fight and realy support over all to not have at the least ok stab support on the other support classes is to ask them to not be used at all.

> > > > Also where the tempest and druid in your set up? I image they where asked to leave pt and wvw to let more vaiuble classes in and that IS where wvw is at now. Please take the blinder from your eyes ppl are realty pain here and are quitting the game in droves because they are bored playing FB and are not allowed to play with others on the "wrong" classes.

> > >

> > > i posted an alternative that may be equal or better not the usual suspects.

> >

> > No one is for sure much better and there no alternative with Tempest and Druid support it seems.

>

> engi has it. their regen and cleanse is tops.

When did engi become a tempest or druid hmmm.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > if i knew how to play engi, i'd do it

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They do not. Chorno stab is very dependent on FB giving them the stab to share.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

> > > > >

> > > > > Or you have 2-3 FB 2 SB 3-4 scorge 1 chrono and 1-2 rev and rip though every thing in the game. There is a diffrent level of stab support FB brings to a fight and realy support over all to not have at the least ok stab support on the other support classes is to ask them to not be used at all.

> > > > > Also where the tempest and druid in your set up? I image they where asked to leave pt and wvw to let more vaiuble classes in and that IS where wvw is at now. Please take the blinder from your eyes ppl are realty pain here and are quitting the game in droves because they are bored playing FB and are not allowed to play with others on the "wrong" classes.

> > > >

> > > > i posted an alternative that may be equal or better not the usual suspects.

> > >

> > > No one is for sure much better and there no alternative with Tempest and Druid support it seems.

> >

> > engi has it. their regen and cleanse is tops.

>

> When did engi become a tempest or druid hmmm.

when someone decided to use healing stuff

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > if i knew how to play engi, i'd do it

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > They do not. Chorno stab is very dependent on FB giving them the stab to share.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or you have 2-3 FB 2 SB 3-4 scorge 1 chrono and 1-2 rev and rip though every thing in the game. There is a diffrent level of stab support FB brings to a fight and realy support over all to not have at the least ok stab support on the other support classes is to ask them to not be used at all.

> > > > > > Also where the tempest and druid in your set up? I image they where asked to leave pt and wvw to let more vaiuble classes in and that IS where wvw is at now. Please take the blinder from your eyes ppl are realty pain here and are quitting the game in droves because they are bored playing FB and are not allowed to play with others on the "wrong" classes.

> > > > >

> > > > > i posted an alternative that may be equal or better not the usual suspects.

> > > >

> > > > No one is for sure much better and there no alternative with Tempest and Druid support it seems.

> > >

> > > engi has it. their regen and cleanse is tops.

> >

> > When did engi become a tempest or druid hmmm.

>

> when someone decided to use healing stuff

>

I am still not sure if i understand what you mean by this but there no wvw set up where your having a tempest or druid as the main support. Engi only has some support stab so it can some what take the placse of FB but its not going to be nearly as good supporting ppl stab.

And that kind of gets to another point we are only defing support classes off of there stab support and for good reasion so classe with out any type of stab support are offten kicked from groups as they are seen more of a drain on the team then good.

Your engi / chona are good example of this point of view and why they are used on some level but they still fall behind FB. The thing is classes like tempest and druid are so far out side of the this they have become non existence in real groups in wvw. Its a real problem and it needs to be fixed.

A change of "leader of the pack"-trait of soulbeasts would be a good idea.

If the dolyak stance could be applied 1. more regularly and 2. for longer durations for allies, they will help the zerg composition.

Dolyak stance skill = Stunbreak, 6 stacks of stability for 6s & prevent movement impeding conditions for 6s.

Leader of the pack trait = share stances with 5 people, but they only get half the duration.

> @"Dediggefedde.4961" said:

> A change of "leader of the pack"-trait of soulbeasts would be a good idea.

> If the dolyak stance could be applied 1. more regularly and 2. for longer durations for allies, they will help the zerg composition.

> Dolyak stance skill = Stunbreak, 6 stacks of stability for 6s & prevent movement impeding conditions for 6s.

> Leader of the pack trait = share stances with 5 people, but they only get half the duration.

**The uptime is meager but that is not the big issue:**

The issue is that dolly does not counter stun so it doesn't really do anything to the bubble spam it was (presumtively-) meant to balance out. The rips will take the stab, the bubble make sure it doesn't reapply and dolly does nothing to cope with it.

If it had hard-cc immunity built in you would most likely see more groups at least start experimenting with melee parties made up of FB/SB foundations. I'm not sure if it would enter meta or extend to all parties in a squad on a 3s uptime but it would be enough to provide some options and shake the stalemate. It doesn't have to be that powerful to still be useful and interesting. It would likely be more interesting in a slightly underbalanced role (as making an effect only available to one class staple is evidently not a good route).

**As far as classes goes the balance isn't too terrible it's more a question of skill floor:**

- FB has superior access to stab (both coverage and burst) with some cleanse and heals.

- Engi has some access to stab with superior cleanse and heals (and other utility).

- Chrono has some access to stab with superior cleanse and some heals (and more utility).

- Tempest have no stab to speak of but is built- and provides tools to tank through stuns.

- Druid meshes well with ranged classes in blobs (both in how it heals and adds utility) but has been severly gutted for PvE reasons.

- Other classes I'll leave out for now.

**On a concept level that isn't bad, the problem comes when you add skill floors and party-composition floors:**

FB is easy to learn, effective when played ineffectively and meshes well with any type of party, many more players than the commander can be put on FB whereas something like a Druid requires that player to shoulder a sub-commander role for a far less common type of party on a class that is far less encouraged to play (often discouraged) and a build that has a high skill floor. That means that finding players who could do that is hard and finding commanders who would utilize that is even harder not to mention fewer potential spots in most squads overall. Similar arguments can be made for most of the other classes - without class balance being at fault.

That can be seen on a guild-level where guilds have been more keen on utilizing the other classes. Open squads going down to one FB per party norms now is in part due to the FB's access to ability, effects and flow - and in part due to how guild groups were already gravitating towards one Guardian per party norms before PoF (thanks to self-imposed rulesets and what other classes can give with- or instead of a Guardian).

> @"subversiontwo.7501" said:

> The issue is that dolly does not counter stun so it doesn't really do anything to the bubble spam it was (presumptively-) meant to balance out. The rips will take the stab, the bubble make sure it doesn't reapply and dolly does nothing to cope with it.

The dolyak stance is still better than stand your ground, since it protects you from being immobilized in an enemy bubble in addition to giving 6 stacks of stability outside. In most cases, people can avoid bubble spikes with stunbreaks, but if there is not a massive condi clear counter inside enemy bubbles, people will stay immobilized.

The main problem I had with this stance is, that 3s uptime for allies is way too little in regard to the 30s CD.

Bear stance is the same. Healscrapper can do an average of 4 condi/s, so 2 condi/s cleanse + heal per condi is really neat, but allies get it only for 2s.

> If it had hard-cc immunity built in...

Then it would replace every guard in all groups since it would be the old stability, but incorruptible.

> guild groups were already gravitating towards one Guardian per party norms

That's not because of "norms". Occasionally we have groups without guards, where we try to put more independent classes in (engi, mage, warrior, hunter), but these classes suffer a lot from the missing guardian. Focus groups are the exception, but only since they minimize enemy contact in order to play glassy builds to take out enemies faster...

Special zerg events where groups only consist of necromancers, only of revenants or only of engineers are also surprisingly successful but have a high intolerance with mixed in other classes, since their focus on solo-boons, ports or evasion frames not all classes have access to.

Why are these forums always like this?

> > @"subversiontwo.7501" said:

> > The issue is that dolly does not counter stun so it doesn't really do anything to the bubble spam it was (presumptively-) meant to balance out. The rips will take the stab, the bubble make sure it doesn't reapply and dolly does nothing to cope with it.

>

> The dolyak stance is still better than stand your ground, since it protects you from being immobilized in an enemy bubble in addition to giving 6 stacks of stability outside. In most cases, people can avoid bubble spikes with stunbreaks, but if there is not a massive condi clear counter inside enemy bubbles, people will stay immobilized.

>

Did you in any way, shape or form see me make an argument about whether the Soulbeast stance was better or worse than the boon stability? No, I simply pointed out that a longer uptime on Dolyak stance will not really make Soulbeasts any more or less preferred in parties due to the restraints of the bubble-rip meta. It doesn't really matter.

> > If it had hard-cc immunity built in...

> Then it would replace every guard in all groups since it would be the old stability, but incorruptible.

> The main problem I had with this stance is, that 3s uptime for allies is way too little in regard to the 30s CD.

Do you not see the conflict in your own two arguments?

> > guild groups were already gravitating towards one Guardian per party norms

> That's not because of "norms".

> Occasionally we / Focus groups are the exception / Special zerg events

Please tell me more about how it is not norms while making a list of exceptions to norms. Eugh.

@ Dediggefedde.4961

I am not sure if soul beast is the best chose for stab support as its not realty a support class its a dps class who can give some support. So pushing more support on it dose not seem like a balanced ideal.

Now giving stab support for druid getting stab support would help it play that team def set up. Its like asking for better stab support on ele swaps it would only make weaver strong stab / def support that why its better to see aura giving stab something tempest can pull off well. As well say putting stab on tempest shouts would work as well but sadly shouts support for all classes have fallen way behind manta support part of what wrong with the non FB support.

When it comes to scraper its close to having good enofe stab support but scraper only has 1 skill with 1 more skill from its core class that is much harder to land then most other skills for good support. That why i am asking for stab on some of the scraper skills.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> I am not sure if soul beast is the best chose for stab support as its not realty a support class its a dps class who can give some support. So pushing more support on it dose not seem like a balanced ideal.

Why does it has to be a support class?

A conversion holo has the highest condi cleanse rate but can still land in the tops of the dps/dmg tables.

The only Problem with soulbeasts is, that zerg composition will have to change a lot. However, since the stance does not stack with any armor stat, they can go bersi/maro and provide AoE-CC, stance effects and nice damage. Another reason why hunters are less used nowadays is the boon output interval. In principle they have a nice boon uptime, but with the corruption going on, short boons on short CDs are worth much more than 100% uptime on a 25s CD skill.

So, if boons come from revs, boonshare-chronos and scrappers, heal from scrappers and stability-stance from hunter, guards could switch to power builds.

However without empowering, might might not go to 25 stacks, so a guard will still need to be present in all groups. Or a herold in all groups with the +5 target trait, so that we have all boons doubled as floating.

But this is not a problem of hunter getting their stability improved. The same is true even about necromancers. Even if they have superior group stability, composition will likely not change, since guards provide some cleanse and heal plus superior stability and empower.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> When it comes to scraper its close to having good enofe stab support but scraper only has 1 skill with 1 more skill from its core class that is much harder to land then most other skills for good support. That why i am asking for stab on some of the scraper skills.

Engineers are the only ones with a relyable short-CD multi-stack group-stability skill. Mesmers with mantra of concentration (1 stack, 6s) or Well of precognition (1 stack 1s 3 pulses) have access to some stability, too, but a single stack doesn't help much. Same goes for revenant dwarfen street.

I guess, with better stability, healscrappers could replace firebrands.

The boon conversion can stack might infight pretty well, but it can not prestack might for first-inc bombs.

A relyable group-stunbreak would also be nice... Not a ground-targeting projectile that can only be used, if you're not stunned yourself...

> we had an all mesmer run recently. was pretty fun. did beat the guys running standard group synergy.

>

> so thats one choice.

So far I was in an successfull engi-only raid, and rev-only-raid and was wiped multiple times against a necro-only-raid (minions everywhere). They almost always wiped the standard enemy groups, but "impurities" also died the fastest.

I hope mono-zergs will never become a meta. ^^

Diversity is what makes it fun after all. ^^

> > we had an all mesmer run recently. was pretty fun. did beat the guys running standard group synergy.

> >

> > so thats one choice.

>

> So far I was in an successfull engi-only raid, and rev-only-raid and was wiped multiple times against a necro-only-raid (minions everywhere). They almost always wiped the standard enemy groups, but "impurities" also died the fastest.

>

> I hope mono-zergs will never become a meta. ^^

> Diversity is what makes it fun after all. ^^

>

Eng can pull it off to a point as well as rev but a lesser point but the thing is FB brings so much stab support and other boon support they simply fill the support roll better then other classes to a high point. What ends up happening is that FB will only be able to use there support rotation with no real dmg allowed making it a more boring class.

What i want is to see stab on other classes support set ups (something that rev has on its dmg set up to a point) so we can see FB freed up to to play like a FB and not just a pure support bot as well as letting groups have real diversity in classes. There just no reason to run any other support then FB right now even if other support classes bring different things to the fight that are helpful. Stab in wvw is soo important that you cant play with out it. The power creep of hard cc and strip has become too much to even play the game most of the time your simply just sandbag target with out a FB supporting you personally.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> Others have said allready, stability had allways been a Guardian thing, FB is needed to keep things balanced and counter the boon corruption/removal from Scourge and Spellbreaker.

But there boon hate on other classes and there already other classes with some stability support its just so weak that its dose nothing. Stab support is not a class effect and that mind set is the worst thing for class divisively.

Why dose FB have quickness when it should be a mez only effect? Why dose FB have resistances when it should be a rev only thing? Why dose eng have super speed when it should be an ele thing only? Boons are not class locked in this game.

> we need more fbs really. all servers should have all fb guilds.

I think that what anet is going for lol. Once the new wvw system comes into play you may have a FB mercenary guild willing to sell there time in wvw to support groups for weeks.

It just seems like a real doom of an outcome to me.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Something that most wvw ppl realize is that firebrand is a very boring class to play but is a requirement to play wvw. This is do it game play of the firebrand and how its the only viable support who had stab. Wvw has become a bech mark of classes both support and attk with borderline gear scores for viabltiy. Something needs to be done.

>

> Support Stab NEEDS to be split up between the classes firebrand should not be the only viable stab support class in the game. Not just a 1 or 2 stack stab on a 3 sec duration too it needs to be real stab support that lets ppl get though hard cc with out needed a pocket firebrand.

>

> Scraper needs aoe stab from its gyros denotation. Tempest needs stab on auras. Druid needs aoe stab on glyph.

Okay, but what those specs would need to give up in order to get all stability? Surelly they cant just get stab for free without the need to trade it for something else.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Something that most wvw ppl realize is that firebrand is a very boring class to play but is a requirement to play wvw. This is do it game play of the firebrand and how its the only viable support who had stab. Wvw has become a bech mark of classes both support and attk with borderline gear scores for viabltiy. Something needs to be done.

> >

> > Support Stab NEEDS to be split up between the classes firebrand should not be the only viable stab support class in the game. Not just a 1 or 2 stack stab on a 3 sec duration too it needs to be real stab support that lets ppl get though hard cc with out needed a pocket firebrand.

> >

> > Scraper needs aoe stab from its gyros denotation. Tempest needs stab on auras. Druid needs aoe stab on glyph.

>

> Okay, but what those specs would need to give up in order to get all stability? Surelly they cant just get stab for free without the need to trade it for something else.

Ideally the player would give up the support specs they are not having fun on for one that they are. This is an issues of ppl playing the same class all the time in wvw the same way day in and out. Its just boring what is so wrong with giving other support specs some reasonable stab support.

This game is about having fun every one should be able to have fun and viable on all classes at all times in wvw. I am not saying you should be able to run with all just dps classes but with in the rolls you should have real class variation and chose. There are just simple effects that you need to be a viable roll vs another. Support needs to give out stab in wvw or its not a support its just a leech class.

Tempest needs stab on auras OR stab on its shouts Tempestuous Aria is a joke that where you could put stab on shouts.

Druid needs stab on Verdant Etching maybe should have stab on Glyph use (i do not know the class all that well i just know it needs it too).

Scraper has ok stab on it as is but i would like to see a bit more aoe i am not sure how it would get it.