How to fight perma-stealth rifle DE

scerevisiae.1972

> @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> Condition build Daredevil kills DE stealth rifle. "Perma-stealth" is a myth. I just killed one last night. They are easy to track and slow as heck.

>

> Once you got a good stack of poison, bleed, and torment on them, they panic.

[shadow's Embrace](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow%27s_Embrace "Shadow's Embrace") begs to differ.

> @"EvilSardine.9635" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

>

> > wich has a cast time and can be interrupted wich easily can kill the deadeye.

>

> ROFL

Interrupts are how I handle other DE's, mostly with..

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> if you dont have **high dmg + fast CC** you wont kill the deadeye regardless of shadow meld

..Pulls like Scorpion Wire and stops like Basilik Venom along with whatever else to quickly make them use up everything or displace them but depending on your build even one decisive stop and burst should down most DE health pools. I build for frequent bursts but I'm not glass so maybe I'm speaking from a place of less frustration since at the worst I'm going to get from a DE is maybe Malicious Backstab and that's not going to one shot me so they have to set that up again. A well built Daredevil Vaulter with d/p 2nd slot is going to give me way more trouble.

I beat the Deadeye youtuber Akijinx once in an open field duel on my Reaper.

Was one of my favorite wins to date, not because I played extremely well, but because as others have mentioned above, it is something extremely tough to do on a Reaper in open field. The stars need to align.

You need three main tools and a mistake from the Deadeye to have a slim chance of winning.

1) Spectral grasp. The Deadeye needs to make a mistake here and get pulled by the grasp. Once this happens, there is a slim chance of winning.

2) Foot in the grave. Some builds like to stun/daze you before bursting and you need this to react and gap close with shroud 2.

3) Speed of Shadows. Some builds like to immobilize before bursting and again this is very useful to clear immob and gap close with shroud 2.

Edit: Things would have been much better if we had our old 7 seconds shroud cooldown but it is what it is.

i havent touched necro but i´ve played a lot of stealth deadeye in sPvp and i can tell you that a good counter is using a minions build and hiding between them, their only skill with pierce is Spotter Shot/Skimirsher shot and they cannot spike you down so easily with it, summon your minion army and stay well hiding within them and you will block they line of sight for DJ or TRB

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

> > Condition build Daredevil kills DE stealth rifle. "Perma-stealth" is a myth. I just killed one last night. They are easy to track and slow as heck.

> >

> > Once you got a good stack of poison, bleed, and torment on them, they panic.

>

> [shadow's Embrace](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow%27s_Embrace "Shadow's Embrace") begs to differ.

As soon as they get out of stealth, I stack them again. At that point, I'm the only one doing damage while they stay in stealth trying to drop the conditions. Eventually they die. They are easy to track that I stack bleed even when they are in stealth.

The new Dolyak rune is pretty broken. I have so much toughness in my Dire set that DJ only tickles.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> I beat the Deadeye youtuber Akijinx once in an open field duel on my Reaper.

> Was one of my favorite wins to date, not because I played extremely well, but because as others have mentioned above, it is something extremely tough to do on a Reaper in open field. The stars need to align.

1500 range

Death's retreat

Shadowstep

I don't know who said Reaper is a danger in open field but I assume he was not a good deadeye, or he wanted some "style/challenge" and RP playing melee, instead of easy win Rifle spam 2 and death's jusdgement.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > I beat the Deadeye youtuber Akijinx once in an open field duel on my Reaper.

> > Was one of my favorite wins to date, not because I played extremely well, but because as others have mentioned above, it is something extremely tough to do on a Reaper in open field. The stars need to align.

>

>

>

> 1500 range

> Death's retreat

> Shadowstep

> I don't know who said Reaper is a danger in open field but I assume he was not a good deadeye, or he wanted some "style/challenge" and RP playing melee, instead of easy win Rifle spam 2 and death's jusdgement.

>

I don't think *anyone* said Reaper is a danger to DE in open field.

• 3 weeks later...

I have alot of play time on both thief and necro. For reaper vs de, you're at a disadvantage for sure, but hope isn't lost.

Being aware is number one. If they get the jump on you, you're dead end of story.

Always have some kinda LF.. Half.. 3/4 whatever

Kiting is annoying as.. Well DE's. I'm a pro tree hugger... I hug rocks cliffs walls idc lol. They can't kill you if they cannot hit u

Out wait them.. Most thieves are impatient (guilty) and when they get in close i tend to gs4, 5, 3 if they don't stunbreak, shroud 2, 3 and 4 at same time, 1 1 1, axe 2 if still not dead and close enough to me

Tunnels, small areas are friend.