Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra collection question

The wiki says that the items that drop from the map-specific HoT chests can drop from the home instance versions. It also says that the drop isn't guaranteed but is "fairly high, around 25 or 33%" I've been trying all three in my home instance (yes, with the collection unlocked) for a week now and haven't gotten any. Anyone know if they removed the ability for these items to drop in the home instance chests?

My understanding was that the chests were the little map ones not the same ones as the home instance ones which are different chests. I never tried admittdely, so it might work, but there is a list somewhere on wiki with all the map chests in hot. I used that and a day or two later got what i needed

I went out to get them from open world rather than home instance and it didn't take long.

I didn't get any from the home instance, even though I open those daily as well.

I think it's reasonable to imagine that the drop tables for the home instance versions are substantially modified compared to those in the open world.

Considering there's only 1 of each in the home instance which you can only open once a day, and considering the drop rate of said items, not getting any after a week doesn't sound all that unexpected to me. I also don't really see a reason to limit yourself to the home instance chests, unless you absolutely don't like the metas and the maps.

3 x 7 = 21 chances for items that drops 1/3 of the time and batting 0 is pretty hard to believe. Not statistically impossible, of course, but unlikely.

I have done all of the HoT maps more times than I can count so, yeah, I was trying to avoid going there again if I could. But I gave in and went today and got them as follows:

Airship Cargo - 3 keys

Exalted Chest - 9 keys

Crystallized Supply Cache - 13 keys

Which suggests that the drop rate is much less than 33%, and makes it more plausible that I could have missed that many times (so I dunno if they still drop from the home instance ones or not).

> @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> 3 x 7 = 21 chances for items that drops 1/3 of the time and batting 0 is pretty hard to believe. Not statistically impossible, of course, but unlikely.

> I have done all of the HoT maps more times than I can count so, yeah, I was trying to avoid going there again if I could. But I gave in and went today and got them as follows:

>

> Airship Cargo - 3 keys

> Exalted Chest - 9 keys

> Crystallized Supply Cache - 13 keys

>

> Which suggests that the drop rate is much less than 33%, and makes it more plausible that I could have missed that many times (so I dunno if they still drop from the home instance ones or not).

Now lets consider the adventure chests for the Adventurous Melody sheet.. I am soo not wanting to run anymore adventures across all those maps again... soo many chests opened and nothing .. not even a sniff of the melody sheet.

Another typical RNG funkiller

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> I got all the chests drops for that collection (except Noxious Pods) from my home instance, but it's been at least a year since I worked on the collection. As I recall, 1 drop took a bit longer to get but did eventually come.

You cant get the Adventurous melody sheet inside your home instance.. there are no adventure chests to open... only the other map chest are possible from inside HI iirc.. unless I am missing a chest :)

> @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> 3 x 7 = 21 chances for items that drops 1/3 of the time and batting 0 is pretty hard to believe. Not statistically impossible, of course, but unlikely.

> I have done all of the HoT maps more times than I can count so, yeah, I was trying to avoid going there again if I could. But I gave in and went today and got them as follows:

>

> Airship Cargo - 3 keys

> Exalted Chest - 9 keys

> Crystallized Supply Cache - 13 keys

>

> Which suggests that the drop rate is much less than 33%, and makes it more plausible that I could have missed that many times (so I dunno if they still drop from the home instance ones or not).

Even with the 33% drop rate and ignoring other assumptions, the probability of (2/3)^21 - not getting a single drop - is about 0.02%, which roughly translates to "two people out of ten thousands". Still doesn't sound all that unlikely.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> Well I have lost count how many adventure chests I have opened this past 2-3 days.. not a sniff of the Adventurous Melody sheet.. tried an another load today and still nothing.. it's either bugged or BS

Stop trying. No seriously, stop going there just to get it. It will drive you nuts. Pick one or two of the adventures, try hitting them every day and it will come eventually. On Wings of Gold is probably the easiest - its the one in AB inside the city that you have to glide around and collect the 30 lights in under 2 minutes. Easy gold, which gives you 3 chances to get it.

> @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > Well I have lost count how many adventure chests I have opened this past 2-3 days.. not a sniff of the Adventurous Melody sheet.. tried an another load today and still nothing.. it's either bugged or BS

>

> Stop trying. No seriously, stop going there just to get it. It will drive you nuts. Pick one or two of the adventures, try hitting them every day and it will come eventually. On Wings of Gold is probably the easiest - its the one in AB inside the city that you have to glide around and collect the 30 lights in under 2 minutes. Easy gold, which gives you 3 chances to get it.

I run both wings of gold and salvage pit a lot.... they are by far the quickest and easiest for sure, but have opened way to many adventure chests now for this to be fun anymore.. the drop rate is either insanely garbage or it's bugged.. both would not surprise me tbh.

> > @"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > Well I have lost count how many adventure chests I have opened this past 2-3 days.. not a sniff of the Adventurous Melody sheet.. tried an another load today and still nothing.. it's either bugged or BS

> >

> > Stop trying. No seriously, stop going there just to get it. It will drive you nuts. Pick one or two of the adventures, try hitting them every day and it will come eventually. On Wings of Gold is probably the easiest - its the one in AB inside the city that you have to glide around and collect the 30 lights in under 2 minutes. Easy gold, which gives you 3 chances to get it.

>

> I run both wings of gold and salvage pit a lot.... they are by far the quickest and easiest for sure, but have opened way to many adventure chests now for this to be fun anymore.. the drop rate is either insanely garbage or it's bugged.. both would not surprise me tbh.

Insanely garbage, IMO. Mine dropped a month or two after it was the only one that I needed. Got to the point that I stopped trying for it and it finally dropped when wings of gold was the daily.

I was lucky and did get one of the items from the chest in my guild hall. The item that drops from the Adventure chest took a bit longer. I was doing 3 adventures a day for nearly a week, getting gold on 2 of the 3 - silver on the 3rd. It finally dropped for me this morning - out of the gold chest from the bugs in trees adventure in Verdant Brink. I'd been trying to get gold every time I did it, narrowly missing it each time. Got gold with 2 seconds to spare.

I do mostly, but others as well.

This collection does not require a particular character to obtain the sheets as several others have dropped on some of my alts.

Just ran all the HoT and PoF adventures again.. not a sniff... typical of ANET to create something interesting and then do their best to kill that fun with terrible RNG odds.

> I do mostly, but others as well.

> This collection does not require a particular character to obtain the sheets as several others have dropped on some of my alts.

>

> Just ran all the HoT and PoF adventures again.. not a sniff... typical of ANET to create something interesting and then do their best to kill that fun with terrible RNG odds.

Sending you positive RNG vibes ...complete with dance to the RNG Gods.