Congealed Putrescence and Eyes of Kormir

Titan.7640

Can we please have the option to vendor trash these items? They're worthless and it's pointless to list them on tp, and they can't be sold to vendor unlike Leaf Fossils, Barbed Thorns and Milling stones. Anyone else that's bothered by this?

I know there is eater for Eyes of Kormir, but it gives those miniatures which are annoying to get rid off, so I can't be bothered with using it

> @"Titan.7640" said:

> Can we please have the option to vendor trash these items? They're worthless and it's pointless to list them on tp, and they can't be sold to vendor unlike Leaf Fossils, Barbed Thorns and Milling stones. Anyone else that's bothered by this?

> I know there is eater for Eyes of Kormir, but it gives those miniatures which are annoying to get rid off, so I can't be bothered with using it

We used to sell eye of kormir to vendors for couple of COOPERS per stack. Anet decided it's harming economy and removed the possibility to vendor it. I juts wonder why add an item that has very little use in such quantity

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > I do not know what you are talking about . They have a value of 2 silver, and they can be sold to merchants.

> >

> > No, they don't have a vendor value and cannot be sold to merchants.

>

> When did they remove it? It used to be 2 copper.

Wiki history has "Value: 0" from article creation for both of them.

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > I do not know what you are talking about . They have a value of 2 silver, and they can be sold to merchants.

> >

> > No, they don't have a vendor value and cannot be sold to merchants.

>

> When did they remove it? It used to be 2 copper.

Only thing thats been 2 copper was the trading post buy price for eyes. But i have to agree that there should be a merchant price of 2c, while i sell the eyes i trash the other thing as soon as i get them.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Titan.7640" said:

> > Can we please have the option to vendor trash these items? They're worthless and it's pointless to list them on tp, and they can't be sold to vendor unlike Leaf Fossils, Barbed Thorns and Milling stones. Anyone else that's bothered by this?

> > I know there is eater for Eyes of Kormir, but it gives those miniatures which are annoying to get rid off, so I can't be bothered with using it

>

> We used to sell eye of kormir to vendors for couple of COOPERS per stack. Anet decided it's harming economy and removed the possibility to vendor it. I juts wonder why add an item that has very little use in such quantity

Probably because the sheer increase in drop volume of the item that offers it. Remember that UID gear was supposed to replace normal gear drops, and gears "as a drop" are pretty rare overall. But then you have Event rewards where UID and Elonian gear is part of the guaranteed output...... when generated at the volume of major farms, like Istan, the market gets flooded with the byproducts of these items. When POF first came out, both of those items were in high demand for crafting projects. But that fell off quickly due to changes in UID gear following beta, and no long term sink for them. Istan eventually caused it to bottom out completely, and the sheer amount in existence right now would demand "we added ascended gear" levels of mat sinking to properly drain it long term. (and if you remember, it rapidly inflated prices for years, and took the addition of a huge material farm (see supply crates) to hit equilibrium with the gold rate).

So the options are to add another eatter to slowly chip away at it, or add a sink with a low enough conversion rate to match the rate their being generated. Seeing as how it usually takes something significant to even get people to participate in the sink, its really hard to "not" accidentally cause a long term unfulfilled demand. As an example.... Gambling eyes and putrescence for a tiny chance at funerary incense would destroy the surplus of them, unless the gambling attempts are time capped. If the latter happens, people eventually lose interest. But in the former, it could easily chew it up as fast as they are made. Another thing that could kill it is difficult to handle consolation loot.... which is what happened with Sunspear minis. No collection for them, no matter how minor in AP, basically killed any overall demand it could have had.

You can use Kormir's Eyes to craft an item required in Astral and Stellar Weapons I think. (Daybreak Map).

However those Weapons take crazy amounts of Kralkatite Ore and Powdered Rose Quartz to craft.

Yesterday I did the math on it. Roughly 16070 Kralkatite Ore + 15585 Powdered Rose Quartz if you want to craft all Astral and Stellar Weapons. lol

So yeah, the incent to craft them and therefor make use of Kormir's Eyes isn't really there for the vast majority of the community.

EDIT: The Item you can craft with it is the Inscription of the Spearmarshal, but that thing isn't account bound, so naturally if you need it, you'll just buy it from the TP. However it is quite lucrative to sell: 2.85 g at the moment.

> @"Clyan.1593" said:

> You can use Kormir's Eyes to craft an item required in Astral and Stellar Weapons I think. (Daybreak Map).

> the community.

>

> EDIT: The Item you can craft with it is the Inscription of the Spearmarshal, but that thing isn't account bound, so naturally if you need it, you'll just buy it from the TP. However it is quite lucrative to sell: 2.85 g at the moment.

actually only 30silver profit at sell price. 30silver loss at buy price.

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-83926

> @"Clyan.1593" said:

> You can use Kormir's Eyes to craft an item required in Astral and Stellar Weapons I think. (Daybreak Map).

> However those Weapons take crazy amounts of Kralkatite Ore and Powdered Rose Quartz to craft.

> Yesterday I did the math on it. Roughly 16070 Kralkatite Ore + 15585 Powdered Rose Quartz if you want to craft all Astral and Stellar Weapons. lol

>

> So yeah, the incent to craft them and therefor make use of Kormir's Eyes isn't really there for the vast majority of the community.

>

> EDIT: The Item you can craft with it is the Inscription of the Spearmarshal, but that thing isn't account bound, so naturally if you need it, you'll just buy it from the TP. However it is quite lucrative to sell: 2.85 g at the moment.

The quantity is one problem, being unable to farm them is another