The Divine Boonmancer (Spvp)

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

So i was experimenting with trying to make a boon-based build for necromancer since the most recent patch. After some Theorycrafting i came up with a pretty viable build for Spvp.

The beauty of this build is that there are so many different variations it can take on. Switching a few traits here and there can drastically change the strengths and weaknesses of the build, while still maintaining a similiar playstyle. So, Lets start with explaining the fundemental aspects of the build, and introduce its variations.

**The Divine Corrupter**

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kjGo4GsvGw1GgeTscMYULhpQsKqnttCAx7wf4RE-jJxHABK/IAEf/h9LDAwZAAA

**Divine Deathmancer**

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kjGo4GsvGw1GgeTsYNYxdwQYKkqFUDmUSBgQWJD-jJxHABK/IAA4MAsy+D7XGAA

**Divine Destroyer**

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kjGo4GsvGw1GgeTssLYQRtEQAIeKeF/iUjh1QyC-jJxHABAcGAWZ/BlfEA7XGAA

1. **1. How this Build Works**

They key concept of this build, is that it uses traits to fill in voids left by the given Diviner's amulet stat set. The Diviner's Amulet gives you 1050 Power, 560 precision, 540 Ferocity, and 1050 Concentration. The concentration will bring your boon duration up to 70%, while your precision will go up to only 33%. The traits in this build are designed to juice up your Ferocity and precision in order to have a stat set similar to Berserker's, but unlike berserkers, take advantage of boon duration.

Death's Perception and Reapers Onslaught together will give you 600 Ferocity, boosting you up to a total of 1140 ferocity (a generous 240%)

Death's Perception will give you 33 % critical hit chance in shroud, which equates to approximately 560 precision, and a total of 1120 precision (66% Critical chance in shroud.)

If you take the Divine Corrupter build, Your critical hit chance shoots up 41% via Furious Demise. In addition, for every condition on the foe, you will gain 2% crit chance per condition.

Lastly, with Fury (From either the Rune of Rage, or Curses Furious Demise), you will gain an extra 20% critical chance, placing you at a comfortable 60% chance out of shroud, and a fitting 93% in shroud. If you take other variations of the build, this critical chance will differ (between 82% - 100+%)

2. **Damage Mitigation and Survival**

So with those traits and stats, you now have a fully primed berserker's build with a kitten load of boon uptime. So, we will use the this boon uptime to invest in stuff that can give us the most bang for our buck, but also fill in the remaining gaps of defense. If we want to make a viable damage build, it must also be viable at survival. Everything else in the build is thus build for sustain and survival.

The first thing to note about survival is our disengage potential, so we will use Flesh Wurm and Spectral Walk as our main tools to disengage a fight. Locusts swarm and Spectral walk will grant you a whopping 1.2 minutes of swiftness with every activation. So ultimately, you will have permanent swiftness as well. In addition to being great teleport abilities, they will also grant us life force.

Next we can move on to Mitigating damage. With the Divine Deathmancer variation, you gain around 480 points in toughness while in shroud (300 outside of shroud), as well as near permanent protection up-time. You are also able to cleanse conditions upon entering shroud (one via the sigil of cleansing, and one via shrouded removal) and every 3 seconds, cleanse a condition, which makes for good for relieving condition pressure). If you find yourself using something other than staff, or don't have issues with building life force, you can switch Soul Marks for Speed of Shadows, which will cleanse all Movement inhibiting condition when entering shroud. this will cause your inhibiting conditions to be removed, and then have 2 conditions removed ontop of that, for a total of 5 conditions cleansed, with every shroud activation.

If we go with the Divine Corrupter again, we have Plague Sending, Which will transfer 2 conditions from you and plant them on the enemy upon dealing an attack in shroud. With Weakening shroud, this will become simultaneous with shroud activation and so you will cleanse 6 conditions total with Speed of Shadows upon shroud activation. When you deal critical hit damage, which will be almost always, you will inflict weakness upon your foe, and therefor mitigate power damage in this way.

3. **How many boons do we get.**

If we go with The Divine Corrupter, you will have permanent fury up time, occasional protection uptime, Might from various sources (usually hits about 6 - 18), near constant Stability, permanent swiftness, tons and tons of quickness (the longer you stay in shroud, the more quickness will build up. ) and Regeneration when swapping to use staff 2. Leadership runes will also give you a couple random boons every time you use your elite shout. I'm uncertain about the duration of these boons, but they seem to last a long time.

4. **What can this build do.**

I'm still figuring out what this build can and can not fight. To start off, like all necromancer's, it has trouble fighting things that are ranged...such as Deadeye's, and Rangers. It also has trouble dealing with heavy condition damage and Scourges due to boon corruption. Against everything else it fairs pretty well in 1v1's, teamfights and even outnumbered (1v2's), and +1's.

Holosmiths, Warriors, Guardians, Mesmers, and Revenents i believe are its strongest matchups.

**The Divine Corrupter** build is a hybrid Power/Condition damage build. My favorite of the three, it can exact a lot of pressure against boon heavy foes like firebrands and holosmiths.

**The Divine Deathmancer** is a Power/toughness build, that focuses on mitigating conditions and power damage. This build is the best in terms of sustain, and your best chance against condition based classes

**The Divine Destroyer** is an all out damage version of the build. You can stack might to 25 in a heartbeat, gain retaliation, and simply demolish foes in your way at the cost of sustain.

Anyway, Test out this build and see what works best for you. like i said earlier, there are so many variations on the build, and almost any skill is interchangeable depending on how you want to build it (You can even swap the current utilities out depending on your fancy). If you have any questions let me know.

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> Might work for low level pvp, but all of the meta power burst builds will destroy it in <2s. No vitality and poor lf generation means it is very squishy, poor offensive potential means it can't pressure enough to counteract the squishiness =/

I play this in high level pvp. It defiently doesn’t lack offensive potential at all. Nor is it squishy. And the LF gen is good with spectral grasp and other sources. So idk what you mean.

For some context, part of the trait picks on this build were taken from watching duels with Kronos, who used similar sustain tactics to fight another high level Condi Mesmer...mind you he won his duels.

> @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > Might work for low level pvp, but all of the meta power burst builds will destroy it in <2s. No vitality and poor lf generation means it is very squishy, poor offensive potential means it can't pressure enough to counteract the squishiness =/

>

> I play this in high level pvp. It defiently doesn’t lack offensive potential at all. Nor is it squishy. And the LF gen is good with spectral grasp and other sources. So idk what you mean.

>

> For some context, part of the trait picks on this build were taken from watching duels with Kronos, who used similar sustain tactics to fight another high level Condi Mesmer...mind you he won his duels.

Plat+ pvp? Because core necros are food in plat, I love seeing them on the enemy team.

Core shroud has no burst, the AA is slow and predictable (and can be negated by just staying behind the necro). 2/4/5 are easily ignored or kited. 3 is great, but core shroud lacks to tools to capitalize on a 1.5s fear effectively. So you have axe2/focus 5 for burst skills, which are both better on reaper (cold shoulder, instant shouts to stack damage) or scourge (combo with a shade bomb to stack damage in a small window).

LF generation is based on a % of vitality, which you don't have on a glass build. If you go curses to gain some offensive pressure you lose all toughness too. Glass necros don't work, too easy to blow them up on any meta power class (mirage, slb, de, reaper, holo, Shiro rev all eat glass necro of any kind)

> > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > Might work for low level pvp, but all of the meta power burst builds will destroy it in <2s. No vitality and poor lf generation means it is very squishy, poor offensive potential means it can't pressure enough to counteract the squishiness =/

> >

> > I play this in high level pvp. It defiently doesn’t lack offensive potential at all. Nor is it squishy. And the LF gen is good with spectral grasp and other sources. So idk what you mean.

> >

> > For some context, part of the trait picks on this build were taken from watching duels with Kronos, who used similar sustain tactics to fight another high level Condi Mesmer...mind you he won his duels.

>

> Plat+ pvp? Because core necros are food in plat, I love seeing them on the enemy team.

>

> Core shroud has no burst, the AA is slow and predictable (and can be negated by just staying behind the necro). 2/4/5 are easily ignored or kited. 3 is great, but core shroud lacks to tools to capitalize on a 1.5s fear effectively. So you have axe2/focus 5 for burst skills, which are both better on reaper (cold shoulder, instant shouts to stack damage) or scourge (combo with a shade bomb to stack damage in a small window).

>

> LF generation is based on a % of vitality, which you don't have on a glass build. If you go curses to gain some offensive pressure you lose all toughness too. Glass necros don't work, too easy to blow them up on any meta power class (mirage, slb, de, reaper, holo, Shiro rev all eat glass necro of any kind)

Did you even read the build or look at the post? It’s a reaper build....not core. And yes I play at plat +

Also you are overlooking what the build actually does. If you go curses, you gain damage mitigation through weakness. You also have 18 seconds of protection if you go below 50% health, and vigor in the form of wep swaps and shroud dancing. your defenses are though traits and mobility rather than stats. So if you feel you are losing a fight you can disengage with wurm or walk, and resustain with impunity because of high stability and quickness uptime

If you feel too squishy on curses you can take more defensive utilities like spectral armor, and rise. Or you can go death magic and have around 500 toughness (equivalent to demo Amy.) and have perma protection

> > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > Might work for low level pvp, but all of the meta power burst builds will destroy it in <2s. No vitality and poor lf generation means it is very squishy, poor offensive potential means it can't pressure enough to counteract the squishiness =/

> > >

> > > I play this in high level pvp. It defiently doesn’t lack offensive potential at all. Nor is it squishy. And the LF gen is good with spectral grasp and other sources. So idk what you mean.

> > >

> > > For some context, part of the trait picks on this build were taken from watching duels with Kronos, who used similar sustain tactics to fight another high level Condi Mesmer...mind you he won his duels.

> >

> > Plat+ pvp? Because core necros are food in plat, I love seeing them on the enemy team.

> >

> > Core shroud has no burst, the AA is slow and predictable (and can be negated by just staying behind the necro). 2/4/5 are easily ignored or kited. 3 is great, but core shroud lacks to tools to capitalize on a 1.5s fear effectively. So you have axe2/focus 5 for burst skills, which are both better on reaper (cold shoulder, instant shouts to stack damage) or scourge (combo with a shade bomb to stack damage in a small window).

> >

> > LF generation is based on a % of vitality, which you don't have on a glass build. If you go curses to gain some offensive pressure you lose all toughness too. Glass necros don't work, too easy to blow them up on any meta power class (mirage, slb, de, reaper, holo, Shiro rev all eat glass necro of any kind)

>

> Did you even read the build or look at the post? It’s a reaper build....not core. And yes I play at plat +

>

> Also you are overlooking what the build actually does. If you go curses, you gain damage mitigation through weakness. You also have 18 seconds of protection if you go below 50% health, and vigor in the form of wep swaps and shroud dancing. your defenses are though traits and mobility rather than stats. So if you feel you are losing a fight you can disengage with wurm or walk, and resustain with impunity because of high stability and quickness uptime

>

> If you feel too squishy on curses you can take more defensive utilities like spectral armor, and rise. Or you can go death magic and have around 500 toughness (equivalent to demo Amy.) and have perma protection

>

>

You're right, I didn't look. Followed the link from the core necro discussion. This is almost worse.

Two builds don't run spite, so you lose spiteful spirit and lesser spinal shivers (two of the best traits for reaper). You also don't take decimate defenses, so why take vuln on chill?

You trade it off for death magic, which in the burst meta means you can take one extra hit while you output half the pressure. Or you take curses, which offers fury (that you don't need with decimate defenses and a demo ammy) and two Condi cleanses. It doesn't offer weakness, because you'll have that already from corrupting might with an axe/spite build. It offers no additional pressure as well over spite.

Why on earth are you not using axe? Do you have something against aoe corruption and 12k ghastly claws?

And your ammy has no vit/toughness, so yes, you will still get 100-0'd by meta classes. These are just a worse zerker reaper setups

> **You also don't take decimate defenses, so why take vuln on chill?**

Okay, clearly you are from PVE....i highly doubt you play high level at all. You clearly don't understand the synergy of the Spite line whatsoever. Not to mention that Decimate defenses is absolutely unnecessary in the build because you already have near 100% critical chance.

> You trade it off for death magic, which in the burst meta means you can take one extra hit while you output half the pressure. Or you take curses, which offers fury (that you don't need with decimate defenses and a demo ammy) and two Condi cleanses.

Your actually completely wrong about this. The main strengths of the spite tree is that it gives you perma 25 might and inflicts perma 25 vuln, which is a lot of damage. But, the spite tree has no form of sustain at all whatsoever. It's just a damage oriented tree. It's been meta for ages on Reaper because before the buffs, you NEEDED this tree to make use of Blighters boon, and otherwise could not sustain in a fight via blighters without it. So you see, Reaper has always been locked into Spite-Soul Reapeing-Reaper because without it you could not sustain or do damage. The recent patch however has CHANGED this so that you now no longer need Blighters boon and it's synergies with Spite in order to do Significant damage. Reapers Onslaught has now become a more powerful trait than this former synergy with one exception...it no longer has any sustain.

This is why Spite is no longer necessary, and what becomes more necessary with Reapers Onslaught is SUSTAIN. This is why you see people running around with soilders and paladins amulets on reaper with onslaught...because prior to the patch, this was simply not possible.

> It doesn't offer weakness, because you'll have that already from corrupting might with an axe/spite build. It offers no additional pressure as well over spite.Why on earth are you not using axe? Do you have something against aoe corruption and 12k ghastly claws?

About the axe...ya you can trade dagger for axe....but dagger offers more sustain does than axe. Axe is a strong weapon, and yes you can corrupt with it and provide yourself some protection via weakness. It's a viable alternative (In fact it's the meta alternative). Dagger on the other hand is a weapon that gives you 6k heals every 10 seconds. I chose this weapon because i found it's sustain very powerful....especially combined with quickness, and stability. But you can choose axe if you feel like you need to do more damage....but consider that a full cast of dagger 2 can also do up to 7-9k as well... The damage on it is not laughable by any means. In the duels i saw with kronos, this was one of his weapons, and he used the dagger in this manner. I wouldn't have considered it if i didn't see it played to the extent that he did...it inspiried me to play with it more and realize its full potential.

> And your ammy has no vit/toughness, so yes, you will still get 100-0'd by meta classes. These are just a worse zerker reaper setups

Vitality and toughness < protection/weakness/dodges

If you feel the need to run demo amy go ahead...nobody is stopping you. but you simply can not play a reaper boon build WITHOUT boon duration. This is one of the only setups in which it's possible. Vitality and toughness are useful, sure. but they simply do not match being able to disengage, have 33% damage reduction, weakness or dodging things, all of which this build provides in excess. Perhaps you've never actually seen a good necromancer play, like Noscoc or Holts. These guys don't need toughness or vitality to soak damage, when they could just dodge or mitigate a threat with traits and utilities.

Instead of providing invalid arguments that come with no experience, you should just try the build. You don't seem to know much about necromancer and its traits and what they do anyway. Perhaps using something other than the meta builds, builds which were creating by people like myself and other, much better necromancers. You talk about power shoutmancer like contra and I hadn't been playing it before people thought it was good?

> > **You also don't take decimate defenses, so why take vuln on chill?**

> Okay, clearly you are from PVE....i highly doubt you play high level at all. You clearly don't understand the synergy of the Spite line whatsoever. Not to mention that Decimate defenses is absolutely unnecessary in the build because you already have near 100% critical chance.

>

> > You trade it off for death magic, which in the burst meta means you can take one extra hit while you output half the pressure. Or you take curses, which offers fury (that you don't need with decimate defenses and a demo ammy) and two Condi cleanses.

>

> Your actually completely wrong about this. The main strengths of the spite tree is that it gives you perma 25 might and inflicts perma 25 vuln, which is a lot of damage. But, the spite tree has no form of sustain at all whatsoever. It's just a damage oriented tree. It's been meta for ages on Reaper because before the buffs, you NEEDED this tree to make use of Blighters boon, and otherwise could not sustain in a fight via blighters without it. So you see, Reaper has always been locked into Spite-Soul Reapeing-Reaper because without it you could not sustain or do damage. The recent patch however has CHANGED this so that you now no longer need Blighters boon and it's synergies with Spite in order to do Significant damage. Reapers Onslaught has now become a more powerful trait than this former synergy with one exception...it no longer has any sustain.

> This is why Spite is no longer necessary, and what becomes more necessary with Reapers Onslaught is SUSTAIN. This is why you see people running around with soilders and paladins amulets on reaper with onslaught...because prior to the patch, this was simply not possible.

>

> > It doesn't offer weakness, because you'll have that already from corrupting might with an axe/spite build. It offers no additional pressure as well over spite.Why on earth are you not using axe? Do you have something against aoe corruption and 12k ghastly claws?

>

> About the axe...ya you can trade dagger for axe....but dagger offers more sustain does than axe. Axe is a strong weapon, and yes you can corrupt with it and provide yourself some protection via weakness. It's a viable alternative (In fact it's the meta alternative). Dagger on the other hand is a weapon that gives you 6k heals every 10 seconds. I chose this weapon because i found it's sustain very powerful....especially combined with quickness, and stability. But you can choose axe if you feel like you need to do more damage....but consider that a full cast of dagger 2 can also do up to 7-9k as well... The damage on it is not laughable by any means. In the duels i saw with kronos, this was one of his weapons, and he used the dagger in this manner. I wouldn't have considered it if i didn't see it played to the extent that he did...it inspiried me to play with it more and realize its full potential.

>

>

> > And your ammy has no vit/toughness, so yes, you will still get 100-0'd by meta classes. These are just a worse zerker reaper setups

> Vitality and toughness < protection/weakness/dodges

>

> If you feel the need to run demo amy go ahead...nobody is stopping you. but you simply can not play a reaper boon build WITHOUT boon duration. This is one of the only setups in which it's possible. Vitality and toughness are useful, sure. but they simply do not match being able to disengage, have 33% damage reduction, weakness or dodging things, all of which this build provides in excess. Perhaps you've never actually seen a good necromancer play, like Noscoc or Holts. These guys don't need toughness or vitality to soak damage, when they could just dodge or mitigate a threat with traits and utilities.

>

> Instead of providing invalid arguments that come with no experience, you should just try the build. You don't seem to know much about necromancer and its traits and what they do anyway. Perhaps using something other than the meta builds, builds which were creating by people like myself and other, much better necromancers. You talk about power shoutmancer like contra and I hadn't been playing it before people thought it was good?

I mean, I've been top 100 for the last 6 seasons so I probably have an idea what I'm talking about champ lol

You can get 100% protection/weakness without boon duration or DM. Spectral armor x2 or wall with the trait is plenty sufficient without neutering your offense by picking something other than spite.

Dagger is easily interrupted and provides only melee range damage, which you do not have the sustain for on a necro due to lack of evades/invuln/aegis. The only time you want to be in melee is when in shroud, or when you have CC/blind options available to mitigate incoming damage.

At the end of the day it comes down to who does the most damage reliably in the shortest time span. Bruiser builds are inefficient unless you're going to rely on your teammates to do the damage for you. Which is the group role you play when playing necro, damage and control.

>

>

> I mean, I've been top 100 for the last 6 seasons so I probably have an idea what I'm talking about champ lol

So you show me a montage and think this is actually proving anything or that it's impressive? Anybody, even myself, can make a montage of killing noobs. In fact i'm just sad that a "top 100 player" doesn't understand the synergies of your own class.

> You can get 100% protection/weakness without boon duration or DM. Spectral armor x2 or wall with the trait is plenty sufficient without neutering your offense by picking something other than spite.

You can't get 100% protection up time without boon duration. Yes, you can take double Spectral armor. In fact I've tried this and to an extent i like it from time to time. To each his own.

> Dagger is easily interrupted and provides only melee range damage, which you do not have the sustain for on a necro due to lack of evades/invuln/aegis. The only time you want to be in melee is when in shroud, or when you have CC/blind options available to mitigate incoming damage.

There's so many things wrong with this sentence, and i'm going to explain it simply so you can understand.

1) i repeat, for the 5th time, Dagger is not easily interrupted with the boon build due to the very long stability uptime, and the quickness uptime.

2) Axe is JUST as easily interrupt-able as dagger. Under the boon build, it's just as uninterruptible due to the stability and quickness up time....just like dagger...

3) Dagger/Staff last time i checked isn't melle only. Dagger Auto is the only melle attack on the kit...

4) And yes, being in shroud is when you want to do damage...is this not common sense?

> At the end of the day it comes down to who does the most damage reliably in the shortest time span. Bruiser builds are inefficient unless you're going to rely on your teammates to do the damage for you. Which is the group role you play when playing necro, damage and control.

This is a short sighted view of the potential of any class in the pvp format. I'm not gonna really argue about this since i agree with it for the most part, and it would be a waste of time to say otherwise. I will only say this. You've proven to me that you only know what is meta..and havn't bothered to look into the synergies of the class you play. You may be good mechanically, and you may know your role, but that's about it as far as this conversation is concerned. That only works in the ladder when you face not-so-good teams.

> >

> >

> > I mean, I've been top 100 for the last 6 seasons so I probably have an idea what I'm talking about champ lol

>

> So you show me a montage and think this is actually proving anything or that it's impressive? Anybody, even myself, can make a montage of killing noobs. In fact i'm just sad that a "top 100 player" doesn't understand the synergies of your own class.

So make a video of the build in action during ranked/tournament play? 100% boon duration is wasted on reaper, you're playing a glass build that lacks in damage. Which is the only reason to play glass. You have stab from cttb (highly telegraped, easily dodged=no stab) and RS3 (amazing shit, only reliable stab). You have no evading attacks, invulns, or blocks. You need those if you're going to play glass on any class. This is a simple fact.

> > You can get 100% protection/weakness without boon duration or DM. Spectral armor x2 or wall with the trait is plenty sufficient without neutering your offense by picking something other than spite.

> You can't get 100% protection up time without boon duration. Yes, you can take double Spectral armor. In fact I've tried this and to an extent i like it from time to time. To each his own.

You're either going to win or disengage after 20s with a glass build. So for all purposes, you'll have protection if it isn't stripped. If you are taking longer than 20s to decide a fight on a glass necro, you are not using the class effectively. Play holo or sb if you want to be a bruiser, you'll get better results when it comes to holding points until teammates show up.

> > Dagger is easily interrupted and provides only melee range damage, which you do not have the sustain for on a necro due to lack of evades/invuln/aegis. The only time you want to be in melee is when in shroud, or when you have CC/blind options available to mitigate incoming damage.

> There's so many things wrong with this sentence, and i'm going to explain it simply so you can understand.

>

> 1) i repeat, for the 5th time, Dagger is not easily interrupted with the boon build due to the very long stability uptime, and the quickness uptime.

Until they rip stab, or dodge cttb. Which all of reapers meta counters do, because reaper is just too easy to pinball. Dagger 2/3 are easily interrupted. How about when another necro corrupts quickness? Now d2/3 are completely useless

> 2) Axe is JUST as easily interrupt-able as dagger. Under the boon build, it's just as uninterruptible due to the stability and quickness up time....just like dagger...

You're right, my bad. Forgot they reduced the cast time of dagger.

> 3) Dagger/Staff last time i checked isn't melle only. Dagger Auto is the only melle attack on the kit...

Staff is good for an unblockable fear and condi clear, but is useless for anything else. You're not going to do shit with it for 10s outside of those two marks.

Wh offers no pressure either, and dagger doesn't offer much damage unless you're in melee range. You aren't hitting 7k with dagger 2 using curses or death magic. So outside of shroud these builds hit like a limp dick. So if you don't 100-0 in shroud, they'll just run and you have no way to catch them. Unless you're relying on Spectral grasp to pull reliably at 600+ range?

> 4) And yes, being in shroud is when you want to do damage...is this not common sense?

>

> > At the end of the day it comes down to who does the most damage reliably in the shortest time span. Bruiser builds are inefficient unless you're going to rely on your teammates to do the damage for you. Which is the group role you play when playing necro, damage and control.

>

> This is a short sighted view of the potential of any class in the pvp format. I'm not gonna really argue about this since i agree with it for the most part, and it would be a waste of time to say otherwise. I will only say this. You've proven to me that you only know what is meta..and havn't bothered to look into the synergies of the class you play. You may be good mechanically, and you may know your role, but that's about it as far as this conversation is concerned. That only works in the ladder when you face not-so-good teams.

It's the only measure that matters (for reaper) in spvp, who can kill or force a disengage first. These builds offer worse potential for both values than any meta reaper build. I could see leadership runes with spite, but diviners ammy is a complete waste of Stat points. Any team you fight with a lb ranger, de, or mantra mesmer is going to be an auto lose for you because these builds offer neither the sustain or damage to keep them from spawn camping you and forcing a 4v5 in their favor.

> @"Flumek.9043" said:

> Look OP.

>

> Yes, dagger is a duelist weapon, where sometimes, when the stars, planets and galaxies align - you get some sustain on necro.

>

> But as far is I know the next galaxy collision is in a few billion years so untill then dagger remains trash.

It’s really not a difficult weapon set to use. Maybe your just not good at using it?

Dagger 2 is a 6k heal on a 10 second cooldown. If you can’t land it with both quickness and stability on you then you simply need to use your noggin. It’s no different than axe 2....it’s a channel, on a short cooldown.

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > Look OP.

> >

> > Yes, dagger is a duelist weapon, where sometimes, when the stars, planets and galaxies align - you get some sustain on necro.

> >

> > But as far is I know the next galaxy collision is in a few billion years so untill then dagger remains trash.

>

> It’s really not a difficult weapon set to use. Maybe your just not good at using it?

>

> Dagger 2 is a 6k heal on a 10 second cooldown. If you can’t land it with both quickness and stability on you then you simply need to use your noggin. It’s no different than axe 2....it’s a channel, on a short cooldown.

>

>

And staying afk in greatsword will heal you for 4k in same 10seconds.

All while having real counterpressure.

> @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > > Look OP.

> > >

> > > Yes, dagger is a duelist weapon, where sometimes, when the stars, planets and galaxies align - you get some sustain on necro.

> > >

> > > But as far is I know the next galaxy collision is in a few billion years so untill then dagger remains trash.

> >

> > It’s really not a difficult weapon set to use. Maybe your just not good at using it?

> >

> > Dagger 2 is a 6k heal on a 10 second cooldown. If you can’t land it with both quickness and stability on you then you simply need to use your noggin. It’s no different than axe 2....it’s a channel, on a short cooldown.

> >

> >

>

> And staying afk in greatsword will heal you for 4k in same 10seconds.

>

> All while having real counterpressure.

Do you even ... math?

200x10 = 2000 health...not 4000

Perhaps you had trouble reading the trait. It’s 1/2% life force and 200hp every 1 second..not 1/2 second interval. That’s probably why you got confused and though you gain 4000HP instead of 2000.

And sure I understand counter pressure on greatsword. It’s a great melle weapon for counterpressure.

Edit: perhaps you may be using life force and health interchangeably without distinguishing between the two. If that’s the case, then with 20k hp, 1k in the form of life force (5%of your hp) and 2k in the form of direct healing. That’s 3k In total.

I wouldn’t interpret life force being the same as health though, since both aren’t readily available to you at the same time. Not to mention healing over time is vastly different than burst healing, when it comes to Pvp.

> @"Flumek.9043" said:

> No, sorry i just added the regen from blood into the number but forgot to write it.

Ya don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to put down greatsword. I’m just trying to defend dagger. It’s rsally not as bad as people make it out to be

The regen from blood magic is also pretty good sustain. I’ve tried to make a variation of the build with reaper and Onslaught. However the grand master traits don’t synergize well (martyr requires you to leave shroud to gain benefits, while Onslaught requires you to be in shroud to gain benefits...Leaving you with options not really suited for the build...wells that require you to stay inside them thus killing mobility or a heal that requires healing power investment to be viable.) I’m sure there’s a build that can fit along these lines but not for boon mancing.

These 3 builds have several drawbacks. In theory they don't look to bad but in real gaming situations the mess becomes obvious quickly. D/Wh+Staff is an extremely low pressure weapon combo. Swiftness is overstacking while all the other boons are not worth to go for boon duration. I would at least change wurm to spectral armor to semi justify boon duration.

Sure dagger 2 has potential and quickness is nice but practically this build limites itself by its weaponsets.

- Staff is needed for condi cleanse and range -> leads to no damage at all

- Shroud is needed for melee pressure - > leads to no range

- dagger is needed for sustain - > leads to limited range, low damage

Whenever you want to benefit from one of the utilities you built for, you pay with a huge drawback which limits your flexibility and in the end effectivity.

Like I always say: Keep it simple and straight forward to succeed! These builds are quite the opposite.

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > Look OP.

> >

> > Yes, dagger is a duelist weapon, where sometimes, when the stars, planets and galaxies align - you get some sustain on necro.

> >

> > But as far is I know the next galaxy collision is in a few billion years so untill then dagger remains trash.

>

> It’s really not a difficult weapon set to use. Maybe your just not good at using it?

>

> Dagger 2 is a 6k heal on a 10 second cooldown. If you can’t land it with both quickness and stability on you then you simply need to use your noggin. It’s no different than axe 2....it’s a channel, on a short cooldown.

>

>

Dagger's main issue is in being melee. It *has* to siphon-heal to make up for Necro not having any other damage mitigation skills. In effect, high LF generation and Life Siphon are absolutely necessary just to make the weapon work at all.

Because of this, I do not count Life Siphon as an "extra" heal. It is an attack you must use as often as possible to keep from being downed in an instant. Just think of it as Necro's Blurred Frenzy but not quite as good.

If you want to play a fun boon build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBHbhG2JRvQ5NYxNgtNAbvYBXwo6CxhnFUbKAcA0PsR2LLA-jpxHQB1rMwAOBAA4gA8tjAADfAAib/BA

For condition heavy enemies use consume conditions

If the enemy doesn't have many core guards or warriors, use vital persistence and don't use spectral armor+walk, instead use Wurm and trail of anguish.

Also if enemy doesn't have many condition based people you can switch out spiteful renewal for spiteful talisman.

Goal is to bait out dodges with F1 and also corrupting boons.

Then corrupt even more boons with dagger 3.

To kill enemy, go weaponswap > shroud > focus 5 > axe 2

Dagger/horn is the sustain/kite set as dagger 2 will heal you for 4k

But be aware. It's a pretty cheesy build. If the enemy doesn't have boons, this won't work. You will die from no sustain.

It requires you to actually corrupt boons and use them for yourself.

And as this build has a lot of corrupts, Try to get all those boons for yourself.

It's really fun to play, initially I made this build for wvw roaming and it works very good there (using durability rune there) and I'm actually a bit rusted. I noticed that when fighting a good spell breaker in pvp, missed to dodge some key abilities and get him down so he had no invulnerability or block left.

But overall this is pretty fun to play. I wonder what a really good player can make with this build.

Edit: this is mostly a dueling build. It's really bad at Teamfights, If you get focussed or also really bad in 5man premade pvp

• 2 weeks later...

> > @"Flumek.9043" said:

> > Look OP.

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

OH OH OH!

This thread delivers, need popcorn.

Salty Necros

This thread was a fun read. But just shows how behind necro a are with meta. Meta battle is miles behind so on side note don’t use it. And gs on reaper is lol that’s not good anymore bro u need to adapt it’s all about staff now. Anyways for op it’s good to make new builds that’s how meta is made so keep up the hard work as for your builds in my opinion these won’t do for high level pvp vs what poeple are playing at moment but might have a spot on meta if what builds people are playing change and if I see u on my scorge like all reapers u will be dead. Think I am on your friends list as moved to na and played with your war so message me sometime we can duo