A Round Of Applause For Elite Class Icons

Trevor Boyer.6524

It great to have them. Just makes the game feel more polished, and now you have chance of some strategizing witch is always good in a team based game.

I hope this isnt a bug since it wasnt in the patch notes but then again nearly anything we care about isnt in the patch notes like rev bug fixes. Im sure there were more bug fixes that werent mentioned.

• ArenaNet Staff

This was not a bug. It had been purposly turned off at the request of previous members of the pvp team when elite specs were first introduced, so it was simple to turn it back on once I got the approval from the newer pvp team members.

I've seen some questions about the LFG side of things in other threads and sadly LFG is not as simple, I did look into it. In a pvp match all the players are in the same map so we have access to their whole character, and pulling their specs out to check them is not difficult. LFG however is a tool that runs across maps so it certainly isn't going to hold onto entire characters (this would be an enourmous amount of duplicated memory). And so, LFG only has the most basic of information sent to it, which does not include which spec is in your elite spec slot. I don't think sending that data to LFG would be impossible, but it is a much larger task than the pvp one that will involve pulling in server programmers as well, so I don't expect it to happen any time soon (even though I'd like to have it too).

And I'm sorry I missed both those patch notes. We fix so many more bugs than there are patch notes, I'm still learning which ones are worth calling out and which aren't.

> @"Amy Giannetti II.5870" said:

> This was not a bug. It had been purposly turned off at the request of previous members of the pvp team when elite specs were first introduced, so it was simple to turn it back on once I got the approval from the newer pvp team members.

Wait for real?

We actually have a PvP team now? We have new people in control that will guide us to glory? Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

PLEEEEEEEEEEASE GIVE US A TEAM DEATH MATCH :scream:

Also welcome :heart:

> This was not a bug. It had been purposly turned off at the request of previous members of the pvp team when elite specs were first introduced, so it was simple to turn it back on once I got the approval from the newer pvp team members.

>

> I've seen some questions about the LFG side of things in other threads and sadly LFG is not as simple, I did look into it. In a pvp match all the players are in the same map so we have access to their whole character, and pulling their specs out to check them is not difficult. LFG however is a tool that runs across maps so it certainly isn't going to hold onto entire characters (this would be an enourmous amount of duplicated memory). And so, LFG only has the most basic of information sent to it, which does not include which spec is in your elite spec slot. I don't think sending that data to LFG would be impossible, but it is a much larger task than the pvp one that will involve pulling in server programmers as well, so I don't expect it to happen any time soon (even though I'd like to have it too).

>

> And I'm sorry I missed both those patch notes. We fix so many more bugs than there are patch notes, I'm still learning which ones are worth calling out and which aren't.

No worries!! You're doing great it looks like to me! :) Thank you for all your effort, I love the game Anet has made and is improving.

considering that elite spec icons were hidden at the start of HoT on the purpose of hiding the information from players so that they cant see who plays on weak core spec builds and who has an overtuned HoT spec there's little reason to applaud anet for stopping to hide the information from players

nevertheless good job anet for undoing the wrong thing after 2 years... i guess?

>

> I've seen some questions about the LFG side of things in other threads and sadly LFG is not as simple, I did look into it. In a pvp match all the players are in the same map so we have access to their whole character, and pulling their specs out to check them is not difficult. LFG however is a tool that runs across maps so it certainly isn't going to hold onto entire characters (this would be an enourmous amount of duplicated memory). And so, LFG only has the most basic of information sent to it, which does not include which spec is in your elite spec slot. I don't think sending that data to LFG would be impossible, but it is a much larger task than the pvp one that will involve pulling in server programmers as well, so I don't expect it to happen any time soon (even though I'd like to have it too).

>

> And I'm sorry I missed both those patch notes. We fix so many more bugs than there are patch notes, I'm still learning which ones are worth calling out and which aren't.

This was a great change! Thank you.

I'm glad the newer PvP team members are on board with making changes like these.

> @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> New pvp team, eh? I find if bizzare for Anet still trying to poke a rock with a new stick. I wonder where that will lead us. I just hope the new lads and gals actually play the mode to in fact experience what is wrong with it, instead of just "monitoring the data", as the old team did.

I just hope swiss and alliances are still on the table ?

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> New pvp team, eh? I find if bizzare for Anet still trying to poke a rock with a new stick. I wonder where that will lead us. I just hope the new lads and gals actually play the mode to in fact experience what is wrong with it, instead of just "monitoring the data", as the old team did.

In terms of "newer" pvp team, it's the team we've had in place for a while now. When Amy is referring to old PvP team, she means from before HoT. The elite spec icon change has been on our backlog for a while, but with the current competitive programmers knee deep in swiss, special tournaments and world restructuring, we haven't had time to look into it. Amy volunteered to make the change for us, which we're very grateful for!

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > New pvp team, eh? I find if bizzare for Anet still trying to poke a rock with a new stick. I wonder where that will lead us. I just hope the new lads and gals actually play the mode to in fact experience what is wrong with it, instead of just "monitoring the data", as the old team did.

>

> I just hope swiss and alliances are still on the table ?

Our priorities haven't changed in regards to swiss and alliance changes.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Amy Giannetti II.5870" said:

> > This was not a bug. It had been purposly turned off at the request of previous members of the pvp team when elite specs were first introduced, so it was simple to turn it back on once I got the approval from the newer pvp team members.

>

> Wait for real?

>

> We actually have a PvP team now? We have new people in control that will guide us to glory? Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>

>

> PLEEEEEEEEEEASE GIVE US A TEAM DEATH MATCH :scream:

>

> Also welcome :heart:

Don't believe the hype kids.

This i a feature that should have been around when HoT dropped. Praising these people for doing a minor thing that they should have done long ago just encourages them to not bother with real issues that have reduced this game mode to a complete laughing stock and clown fiesta.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Rodzynald.5897" said:

> > > New pvp team, eh? I find if bizzare for Anet still trying to poke a rock with a new stick. I wonder where that will lead us. I just hope the new lads and gals actually play the mode to in fact experience what is wrong with it, instead of just "monitoring the data", as the old team did.

> >

> > I just hope swiss and alliances are still on the table ?

>

> Our priorities haven't changed in regards to swiss and alliance changes.

Better to drop that stuff and fix the MAJOR GLARING issues the game mode has. Worst MMO class balance I have ever seen, virtually no enforcement on bad behavior, win trading, abusive behavior, etc, lack of game modes other than conquest for sPvP, I mean really I could go on forever.

The population is in the toilet and ATs aren't going to change that. It'll just feed more loot to the same 5 streamer favored sons that always seem to win.