Can we sell mount skins, please?

Turk.5460

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

> @"raykor.6723" said:

> Allowing us to trade the mount skins would not necessarily "cut into gem store sales" as it could potentially boost BL key sales.

Trading them in to the BLTP (for a modest amount of statues) sounds like a decent option. This would however require that account unlocks aquired through black lion chests no longer automatically unlock on the account, but require an interaction (right-click -> add to account wardrobe) to unlock them.

Making exclusive and account-bound chest items tradeable player to player is not likely to happen, as that would directly contradict the account-bound status. Sure "giving them as gift" sounds great at first, but essentially that would create a market for exclusive items that can only be traded outside of the trading post. I'll "gift" this blc exclusive skin to you if you "gift" me 10k gold ... I don't think anyone of us wants to go there, least of all ANet. Suddenly you have a market of highly sought-after goods without any of the securities the trading post offers, either to the buyer/seller or to the in-game economy as a whole.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

>

> When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

> So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

>

> And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

Actually, it's a great business model that encourages people to own all expansions as you then get the most out of the game. The current business model discourages F2Players remaining F2P and encourages people to become customers...which last time I checked, is good for business. If you spend $30 on the expansions, and then $30 bucks on keys you get more value for your money. Spend only $30 on keys, and you get less value for your money.

I'm not seeing the problem with that business model.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

> >

> > When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

> > So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

> >

> > And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

>

> Actually, it's a great business model that encourages people to own all expansions as you then get the most out of the game. The current business model discourages F2Players remaining F2P and encourages people to become customers...which last time I checked, is good for business. If you spend $30 on the expansions, and then $30 bucks on keys you get more value for your money. Spend only $30 on keys, and you get less value for your money.

>

> I'm not seeing the problem with that business model.

you're being to optimistic about this, allot of ppl actually leave a game when 2/3 of the game is behind a pay wall.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

> >

> > When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

> > So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

> >

> > And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

>

> Actually, it's a great business model that encourages people to own all expansions as you then get the most out of the game. The current business model discourages F2Players remaining F2P and encourages people to become customers...which last time I checked, is good for business. If you spend $30 on the expansions, and then $30 bucks on keys you get more value for your money. Spend only $30 on keys, and you get less value for your money.

>

> I'm not seeing the problem with that business model.

Hmmm.... Maybe its just me that doesnt buy things that I cant use then.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

> > >

> > > When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

> > > So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

> > >

> > > And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

> >

> > Actually, it's a great business model that encourages people to own all expansions as you then get the most out of the game. The current business model discourages F2Players remaining F2P and encourages people to become customers...which last time I checked, is good for business. If you spend $30 on the expansions, and then $30 bucks on keys you get more value for your money. Spend only $30 on keys, and you get less value for your money.

> >

> > I'm not seeing the problem with that business model.

>

> you're being to optimistic about this, allot of ppl actually leave a game when 2/3 of the game is behind a pay wall.

Since we can't really quantify your numbers of "a lot" I'll just stick to my optimism based on supported evidence of what ANet adds to the gem store as a successful business model.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27599/very-strong-sales-for-gw2-in-4q17

Analyze all you want, but RnG boxes are selling...

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

> > >

> > > When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

> > > So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

> > >

> > > And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

> >

> > Actually, it's a great business model that encourages people to own all expansions as you then get the most out of the game. The current business model discourages F2Players remaining F2P and encourages people to become customers...which last time I checked, is good for business. If you spend $30 on the expansions, and then $30 bucks on keys you get more value for your money. Spend only $30 on keys, and you get less value for your money.

> >

> > I'm not seeing the problem with that business model.

>

> Hmmm.... Maybe its just me that doesnt buy things that I cant use then.

>

>

But you would use it if you owned PoF...see how that works? Just one purchase and you could be utilizing RnG boxes to their full potential.

Plus this:

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"raykor.6723" said:

> > Allowing us to trade the mount skins would not necessarily "cut into gem store sales" as it could potentially boost BL key sales.

> Trading them in to the BLTP (for a modest amount of statues) sounds like a decent option. This would however require that account unlocks aquired through black lion chests no longer automatically unlock on the account, but require an interaction (right-click -> add to account wardrobe) to unlock them.

>

> Making exclusive and account-bound chest items tradeable player to player is not likely to happen, as that would directly contradict the account-bound status. Sure "giving them as gift" sounds great at first, but essentially that would create a market for exclusive items that can only be traded outside of the trading post. I'll "gift" this blc exclusive skin to you if you "gift" me 10k gold ... I don't think anyone of us wants to go there, least of all ANet. Suddenly you have a market of highly sought-after goods without any of the securities the trading post offers, either to the buyer/seller or to the in-game economy as a whole.

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > > So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

> > > >

> > > > When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

> > > > So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

> > > >

> > > > And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

> > >

> > > Actually, it's a great business model that encourages people to own all expansions as you then get the most out of the game. The current business model discourages F2Players remaining F2P and encourages people to become customers...which last time I checked, is good for business. If you spend $30 on the expansions, and then $30 bucks on keys you get more value for your money. Spend only $30 on keys, and you get less value for your money.

> > >

> > > I'm not seeing the problem with that business model.

> >

> > you're being to optimistic about this, allot of ppl actually leave a game when 2/3 of the game is behind a pay wall.

>

> Since we can't really quantify your numbers of "a lot" I'll just stick to my optimism based on supported evidence of what ANet adds to the gem store as a successful business model.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27599/very-strong-sales-for-gw2-in-4q17

>

> Analyze all you want, but RnG boxes are selling...

>

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> > > > > So gambling didn't yield the results you wanted...hmm...funny that...

> > > >

> > > > When I play Poker, I don't want to lose because someone else had Black Jack.

> > > > So I'm guessing when people who only own HoT get given Griffon skins, they would feel like they lost a Poker match because the other dude had black jack.

> > > >

> > > > And it's not exactly a good business model in the current set up as there would be a lot of discouragement for people who don't own both expansions, constantly thinking "If I spend 30 bucks on keys, I'll probably most likely get a bunch of mounts I can't use or gliders I can't use"

> > >

> > > Actually, it's a great business model that encourages people to own all expansions as you then get the most out of the game. The current business model discourages F2Players remaining F2P and encourages people to become customers...which last time I checked, is good for business. If you spend $30 on the expansions, and then $30 bucks on keys you get more value for your money. Spend only $30 on keys, and you get less value for your money.

> > >

> > > I'm not seeing the problem with that business model.

> >

> > Hmmm.... Maybe its just me that doesnt buy things that I cant use then.

> >

> >

>

> But you would use it if you owned PoF...see how that works? Just one purchase and you could be utilizing RnG boxes to their full potential.

>

> Plus this:

>

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"raykor.6723" said:

> > > Allowing us to trade the mount skins would not necessarily "cut into gem store sales" as it could potentially boost BL key sales.

> > Trading them in to the BLTP (for a modest amount of statues) sounds like a decent option. This would however require that account unlocks aquired through black lion chests no longer automatically unlock on the account, but require an interaction (right-click -> add to account wardrobe) to unlock them.

> >

> > Making exclusive and account-bound chest items tradeable player to player is not likely to happen, as that would directly contradict the account-bound status. Sure "giving them as gift" sounds great at first, but essentially that would create a market for exclusive items that can only be traded outside of the trading post. I'll "gift" this blc exclusive skin to you if you "gift" me 10k gold ... I don't think anyone of us wants to go there, least of all ANet. Suddenly you have a market of highly sought-after goods without any of the securities the trading post offers, either to the buyer/seller or to the in-game economy as a whole.

>

Exactly my point... Worthless to those who don't own both expansions.

• 1 year later...

I hate Super adventure box with all of my heart, it breaks the entire theme of Gw2. The fact is today i opened a BLion chest and I earned the raptor mount that looks like a trumpled frog. For once that i have luck I win the ugliest skin in the game and cannot sell it in TP, that costs 1600 gems! its totally unfair

This is why I wont touch a Black lion chest while that SAB Raptor is in there, I never want to own that thing. Don't get me wrong it's nice to get the "good prize" but winning something exclusive that you don't want but others might is a little frustrating.

I'd love to be able to sell the skins I don't use/want just like the weapon skins but Sadly I don't think they'll ever do this, The way it is now makes Anet more money, It forces people to use the boxes or buy gems if you want the skin.