Remove unranked, create 5x5 TeamQ ranked queue instead

breno.5423

> @"breno.5423" said:

> I don't even know why unranked exist, its completely useless.

Unranked is good, it is a place for you to try out different classes and builds. It does not usually give you much to team work, but in the other hand, neither does the current ranked. Remove ranked, and replace that part with premade tournaments: make it so that unranked guides you toward premades. For "ranked pvp", make it deathmatch, so that your success is entirely on your hands, not in the hands of randomly chosen teams.

> @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> They should turn unranked into 1v1's. I can't practice new builds in unranked because the players are so bad there. I try things out in ranked and after the learning loss streak your matches are easier so you get back up quickly.

TBH i agree with the above. MM in unranked is even worse than ranked (imho at least). Since i dont care about rating i practice new stuff in ranked.

> @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> > They should turn unranked into 1v1's. I can't practice new builds in unranked because the players are so bad there. I try things out in ranked and after the learning loss streak your matches are easier so you get back up quickly.

>

> TBH i agree with the above. MM in unranked is even worse than ranked (imho at least). Since i dont care about rating i practice new stuff in ranked.

There is no MM in unranked tho

> @"TamX.1870" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > I don't even know why unranked exist, its completely useless.

>

> Unranked is good, it is a place for you to try out different classes and builds. It does not usually give you much to team work, but in the other hand, neither does the current ranked. Remove ranked, and replace that part with premade tournaments: make it so that unranked guides you toward premades. For "ranked pvp", make it deathmatch, so that your success is entirely on your hands, not in the hands of randomly chosen teams.

Whatever you said can be also said about ranked.

People constantly try new things and usually it doesnt offer much team work.

Most unranked matches go without a single word being said.

Nobody plays unranked because the only real meaningful rewards come from ranked.

I can almost guarantee that if there wasnt such a strong reward incentive to go into ranked it would be far less populated.

As it stands right now ranked is overflowed from both people who actually want to compete and people who just want the rewards.

> @"TamX.1870" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"TamX.1870" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > Remove ranked, and replace that part with premade tournaments

> >

> > So what about soloq dudes?

>

> Soloq goes either to unranked, or to deathmatch.

Then me and many others will simply quit as a lot of us don't have time to schedule our hobby around other people.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > Why remove unranked??? Hot join is already gone. People are supposed to learn in “ranked” queues? That’s just shortsighted. Cmon now.

>

> Learn in ranked, why not?

Why not keep unranked?

Learning in ranked means when the population is at its low points, you could get bronze and plat people together. Breeding grounds for frustration, lashing out in anger, and an ultimate decrease in player base.

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > Why remove unranked??? Hot join is already gone. People are supposed to learn in “ranked” queues? That’s just shortsighted. Cmon now.

> >

> > Learn in ranked, why not?

> Learning in ranked means when the population is at its low points, you could get bronze and plat people together.

Non sense.

The queue population would be increased, which means a best MMR.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > Why remove unranked??? Hot join is already gone. People are supposed to learn in “ranked” queues? That’s just shortsighted. Cmon now.

> > >

> > > Learn in ranked, why not?

> > Learning in ranked means when the population is at its low points, you could get bronze and plat people together.

>

> Non sense.

> The queue population would be increased, which means a best MMR.

I doubt it would increase the pop by that much. I disagree with you and this idea.

I dont want to test new builds in a tryhard match where ppl are trying to win. Unranked is good to test new stuff out without jeopardising your rating. Also population is too low for ranked team queue. One thing they can do is make a party ranked queue where teams are made up of duos and trios or full 5 man parties with a seperate ranked mmr associated with it. That way they can make a solo queue only mode for all the lonely tryhards out there. Leaderboards will display both solo and party mmr but will only use solo to determine leaderboard position.

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> unranked is nice for my derpign around with rando revy builds......

>

> guys please also don't forget that rankeds are locked out from players below rank 20, what you are suggesting in here is removal of only way for a sPvP new players to get into rated match....

New players would play against new players too...

There is a MMR system which places players against similar players in terms of rating.

Noobs would not play against experienced ones.

And if you want to practice, go to custom servers.

> @"Les.4872" said:

> I dont want to test new builds in a tryhard match where ppl are trying to win.

Custom servers.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > > @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> > > They should turn unranked into 1v1's. I can't practice new builds in unranked because the players are so bad there. I try things out in ranked and after the learning loss streak your matches are easier so you get back up quickly.

> >

> > TBH i agree with the above. MM in unranked is even worse than ranked (imho at least). Since i dont care about rating i practice new stuff in ranked.

>

> There is no MM in unranked tho

Wrong.

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > > > @"ParanoidKami.2867" said:

> > > > They should turn unranked into 1v1's. I can't practice new builds in unranked because the players are so bad there. I try things out in ranked and after the learning loss streak your matches are easier so you get back up quickly.

> > >

> > > TBH i agree with the above. MM in unranked is even worse than ranked (imho at least). Since i dont care about rating i practice new stuff in ranked.

> >

> > There is no MM in unranked tho

> Wrong.

Really now?

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > unranked is nice for my derpign around with rando revy builds......

> >

> > guys please also don't forget that rankeds are locked out from players below rank 20, what you are suggesting in here is removal of only way for a sPvP new players to get into rated match....

>

> New players would play against new players too...

> There is a MMR system which places players against similar players in terms of rating.

>

> Noobs would not play against experienced ones.

I'm afraid you missed the point - it doesn't matter what MMR system does or doesn't, there are currently two types of rated matches in game - ranked, and unranked - and the former requires you to obtain PvP rank 20 (and as far as I could see it is impossible to get all PvP dailies without either winning rated match or participating in a tournament and latter one will require team of 5 and is only open in limited timeframe)