[Feedback] Disappointed with Halloween 2018

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Your near perfect runs of 1:33 on a raptor and jackal are very far from perfect and it is absolutely no problem to get under 1:30 with either of them

2) The achievement has been changed to 1:30 merely days after release and is super easy to do, you do **not** need gold

3) The rollerbeetle can be "rented" for free and I have done the achievement on an account without HoT or PoF with the rented beetle without knowing how to drift

> @"Nightshade.5924" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Nightshade.5924" said:

> > > Since I don't have the Roller beetle yet, and since the JP was also included in the list for the Meta, I will not be able to complete the Meta this year.

> > You can easily reach the time required for the anual achievement on a raptor. Just give it a try.

> >

> > There is a total of 10 achievements available for the meta, but only 9 needed, so you can skip the jp and still get the meta done. Ever since they adjusted the time needed for the race, it is very much doable even for those of us with slow reactions and lousy reflexes.

> >

>

> Time required to earn the gold and win the time trial to get the achievement: One minute Five seconds. Best time on Jackal and raptor after two near perfect runs: One minute Thirty-Three seconds. SO... given the empirical evidence, YOU CANNOT get the achievement WITHOUT the beetle mount. Which I do not have. Kinda on me, like I said. But that said... there should be TWO versions of the race... and the JP should be in NO WAY figured into the Meta. With that setup, you can totally ignore the JP, and win the race that you have the mount for. And if you have all the mounts, hey, some bonus points for you. Everyone is then HAPPY, and not bummed out because they CANNOT get the Meta due to poor design.

Your "perfect times" are not perfect. Ive gotten 115 on a raptor, and i know i could get gold with a raptor if i would be a little more patient and wait on of the jumps.

@"Shikigami.4013" I want to see the video of that, im not saying i *dont* believe you but a beetle without drifting will run into the walls, tombstones or well just about anything in that area if you use the boost it has, and if you dont use the boost its stupid slow.

> @"Nightshade.5924" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"Nightshade.5924" said:

> > > Since I don't have the Roller beetle yet, and since the JP was also included in the list for the Meta, I will not be able to complete the Meta this year.

> > You can easily reach the time required for the anual achievement on a raptor. Just give it a try.

> >

> > There is a total of 10 achievements available for the meta, but only 9 needed, so you can skip the jp and still get the meta done. Ever since they adjusted the time needed for the race, it is very much doable even for those of us with slow reactions and lousy reflexes.

> >

>

> Time required to earn the gold and win the time trial to get the achievement: One minute Five seconds. Best time on Jackal and raptor after two near perfect runs: One minute Thirty-Three seconds. SO... given the empirical evidence, YOU CANNOT get the achievement WITHOUT the beetle mount. Which I do not have. Kinda on me, like I said. But that said... there should be TWO versions of the race... and the JP should be in NO WAY figured into the Meta. With that setup, you can totally ignore the JP, and win the race that you have the mount for. And if you have all the mounts, hey, some bonus points for you. Everyone is then HAPPY, and not bummed out because they CANNOT get the Meta due to poor design.

See, you are unable to complete the Meta because of the JP. I would be unable to complete the Meta because of the beetle (I can do the JP, I am incompetent with the beetle). Keeping them both in the Meta is fair in my opinion.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> @"Shikigami.4013" I want to see the video of that, im not saying i *dont* believe you but a beetle without drifting will run into the walls, tombstones or well just about anything in that area if you use the boost it has, and if you dont use the boost its stupid slow.

I seriously didn't think anyone would doubt, this, as it does **not** require good skills with the beetle at all. I am horrible at handling the beetle and one week ago I didn't even know which key to use to drift - I had never done it. Still I got the 1:30 achievement within a few tries. Did it again for you just now on the alt account without HoT and PoF and sent it to youtube. Drifting was not used (I already forgot again which key it is after reading it in guildchat once...). Even when messing up and overshooting the turn with too much speed at 1:08 I still had 4 seconds spare for the 1:30 mark. Here you go:

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> 1. The drop rate of all the valuable items (Tattered Bat Wings, unique exotic weapons, recipes, and so on) has been significantly reduced compared to previous years.

Are you sure you mean reduced? The prices of the exotic weapons do not look like a reduced drop rate.

Are any of the recipes even worth anything? The Gift of ... are cheaper to buy than to craft. Actually I think the entire weapon might be cheaper.

> 2. There is no new PvE content. Last year we had enjoyable quests for the back items that took us all acroos Tyria, this year none of the like (the scavenger hunt we got this year does not count, it was completely boring and way too short).

That was pretty much going to be the case for all annual festivals.

> 3. Historical story content was not re-introduced (the Bloody Prince storyline etc.), though previous announcements had me get my hopes up for that.

> 4. Reaper's Rumble is as unrewarding as Lunatic Inquisition, so - shame on ANet - no one really plays them unless they are a suggested daily. They could be so much fun to play if tons of people frequented this content, but due to the lack of decent rewards people prefer to farm the Labyrinth. (This was also an issue with the Festival of the Four Winds arena, which not only felt unrewarding as well, but - most importantly - was hidden behind an NPC that most people just walked by because of his unfortunate location, covered by tent textures.)

No surprise here considering how well PvP has worked out.

You have that backwards. If it was more fun there would be more people playing it.

> 5. The Raceway is mildly entertaining and somewhat unnerving, and the fact that one race type interferes with the other doesn't help the matter.

>

> So, again, apart from Ascent to Madness (which I love, despite the mediocre rewards this year) and the Clocktower JP (which also has mediocre rewards for the time invested, but is so much fun to play), there is nothing to do but the most tedious, repetitive task of Labyrinth farming. :s I am truly _not_ enjoying myself during this year's GW2 Halloween and have started to look for other content to play instead. :/

One VERY important thing about Ascent to Madness.

Are you playing it with autoloot enabled? If you are you might be missing out at least half of your loot per run including all the Tattered Bat Wings. This problem only seems to affect some people.

> @"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:

> "Drop rate nerfed"

>

>

> What is your base magic find? And are you using boosters?

>

Reduced, not nerfed, means they feel like it dropped less (although i personally belief its a negative bias).

And magic find doesnt affect what drops from the bags and chests, just the number of bags you get to open

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Ascent to Madness [...]

> Are you playing it with autoloot enabled? If you are you might be missing out at least half of your loot per run including all the Tattered Bat Wings. This problem only seems to affect some people.

Yes, I have autoloot enabled. The first couple of days I used to run to the chest to ensure I did not miss out on anything, but there was nothing I had not picked up already via autoloot, so I stopped doing that.

Besides, I am not the only person who has noticed the reduction in Bat Wing drops and other valuable loot (i.e., the more unique stuff) compared to previous years. I have heard the same complaint from various people, strangers and friends alike, and it was never me bringing up the topic, therefore I think it is safe to say that said reduction has indeed been made. Also, the crazy TP price increase for Bat Wings only supports the feeling that something has been altered in the drop rates.

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > 2. There is no new PvE content. Last year we had enjoyable quests for the back items that took us all acroos Tyria, this year none of the like (the scavenger hunt we got this year does not count, it was completely boring and way too short).

> That was pretty much going to be the case for all annual festivals.

Not true. Last year, they came up with really cool new PvE content and this year they have brought back some stuff that had not been in-game for years (Fot4W, Reaper's Rumble,...). Thus, having some new content added or seeing "Blood and Madness" return was a valid hope. ;)

> > 4. Reaper's Rumble [...]

> No surprise here considering how well PvP has worked out.

Uhm, PvP _is_ much more rewarding, so there are always plenty of people to be found playing it. Besides, RR isn't like competitive sPvP, and improvements in movement speed and maybe some other alterations could indeed draw more people to it - same with Lunatic Inquisition.

> You have that backwards. If it was more fun there would be more people playing it.

I did agree on that, as I stated before that it is no fun due to those game modes needing some serious rework. A better reward system would just be the cherry on top.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > Ascent to Madness [...]

> > Are you playing it with autoloot enabled? If you are you might be missing out at least half of your loot per run including all the Tattered Bat Wings. This problem only seems to affect some people.

>

> Yes, I have autoloot enabled. The first couple of days I used to run to the chest to ensure I did not miss out on anything, but there was nothing I had not picked up already via autoloot, so I stopped doing that.

>

> Besides, I am not the only person who has noticed the reduction in Bat Wing drops and other valuable loot (i.e., the more unique stuff) compared to previous years. I have heard the same complaint from various people, strangers and friends alike, and it was never me bringing up the topic, therefore I think it is safe to say that said reduction has indeed been made. Also, the crazy TP price increase for Bat Wings only supports the feeling that something has been altered in the drop rates.

>

If the bug affects you autoloot won't give you anything **AND** you still can't get it by running up to the chest. The only way to correctly get the loot is to disable autoloot then loot the chest manually.

I have gotten around 2 wings in 20 runs which isn't that bad. Not a great sample size though.

TP price is not a great way to correlation with drop rate especially for this year. 4 infusion which requires the wings for stat conversion got added this year. 3 of which seems to have relatively high drop rate.

Additionally there is the 10 per endless tonic. The tonics were added in 2016 but the novelty wardrobe makes them more desirable this year.

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > 2. There is no new PvE content. Last year we had enjoyable quests for the back items that took us all acroos Tyria, this year none of the like (the scavenger hunt we got this year does not count, it was completely boring and way too short).

> > That was pretty much going to be the case for all annual festivals.

>

> Not true. Last year, they came up with really cool new PvE content and this year they have brought back some stuff that had not been in-game for years (Fot4W, Reaper's Rumble,...). Thus, having some new content added or seeing "Blood and Madness" return was a valid hope. ;)

>

The only thing new last year was the race and a slight extension to an existing quest and a reskin of an existing item. Do we need more reskins?

The only thing new this year is another race.

> > > 4. Reaper's Rumble [...]

> > No surprise here considering how well PvP has worked out.

>

> Uhm, PvP _is_ much more rewarding, so there are always plenty of people to be found playing it. Besides, RR isn't like competitive sPvP, and improvements in movement speed and maybe some other alterations could indeed draw more people to it - same with Lunatic Inquisition.

>

So many people playing that queue time hits 6 minutes ...

> > You have that backwards. If it was more fun there would be more people playing it.

>

> I did agree on that, as I stated before that it is no fun due to those game modes needing some serious rework. A better reward system would just be the cherry on top.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Shikigami.4013" I want to see the video of that, im not saying i *dont* believe you but a beetle without drifting will run into the walls, tombstones or well just about anything in that area if you use the boost it has, and if you dont use the boost its stupid slow.

>

> I seriously didn't think anyone would doubt, this, as it does **not** require good skills with the beetle at all. I am horrible at handling the beetle and one week ago I didn't even know which key to use to drift - I had never done it. Still I got the 1:30 achievement within a few tries. Did it again for you just now on the alt account without HoT and PoF and sent it to youtube. Drifting was not used (I already forgot again which key it is after reading it in guildchat once...). Even when messing up and overshooting the turn with too much speed at 1:08 I still had 4 seconds spare for the 1:30 mark. Here you go:

>

>

>

>

Drift? HUUUHHH? Found the "free" beetle vendor.... musta walked past him a dozen times without paying any attention to him. And tried the beetle. E G A D it is TERRIBLE! I mentioned my control lag wackiness in my first post. EVEN worse w/ the beetle. First thing I would change is breaking down that jump/bounce/sprint whatever it is supposed to be that I get by tapping space bar into two or three increments. Currently you hit the bar and go ALL OVER the place and you burn your entire bar at one shot. Now, sure, you get some high speed, mind you, but since I find it Uncontrollable, it's worthless. Warp speed is great until you run into that asteroid...

A GREAT Idea... INCLUDE a TUTORIAL handed OUT by the vendor on HOW to USE the stupid beetle, since after five tries I just gave up. Can't break TWO minutes w/ the stupid thing because I can't control it and I have NO idea what it is that I'm doing WRONG, so it's WORTHLESS...... "bangs head".

Oh. I'm sure SOMEONE is going to suggest Utube. My response to that is.... if you are making a game, YOU the designer should be providing ALL the NECESSARY basic instruction on HOW to play it. AND your design SHOULD BE as foolproof as possible. So like I said in an earlier post, there should have been two races or two VERSIONS of the race made... Fast (beetle) and slow (raptor/jackal) and EITHER one should have been counted for the meta, the second one as a bonus. That's because some people like myself haven't earned/purchased the beetle yet, and My personal experience w/ how mounts work on MY laptop tells me that I will need at LEAST a week of dinking around w/ the beetle, call it seven to fourteen hours of gameplay, before I'm even marginally competent with it.

@"Shikigami.4013"

I noticed in that video you didnt get gold, which is what i was asking about, apologies if it seemed like i was doubting you could obtain the 1:30. I highly doubt anybody could break 1 minute with the beetle without drifting or the boost, is what i doubt.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> The mount rental should have gave options to select the mount you want instead only giving the beetle. **Without the drifting mastery** beetle is terrible for that track.

I have to jump in here because I continue to see this misinformation. The beetle mount **does not need a mastery to drift**. The mechanic is innate and anyone with access to the beetle can immediately drift with knowledge and practice. The 3 masteries from the mount have little or nothing to do with the drift mechanic. The newest endurance mastery is also unneeded to achieve gold in the raceway.

Sources: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roller_Beetle

And me having to rent the beetle on one of my accounts with no mount living world or beetle masteries.

However, having to re-rent the beetle after being knocked off it each time is a huge oversight and highly annoying.

I got a fair few mini's and things I wanted, though in all honesty that was from mostly buying them.

I don't rely on RNG since I feel like my account is cursed with bad RNG luck anyways XD

I've always had pretty terrible luck in this game so I opt to buy the things I want when I can instead of farming which I regard as a total waste of my time.

I was hoping for more story driven content this year, specially with the Palawa Joko situation but i'm not overly disappointed.

The new raceway wasn't what I was expecting though.. I knew it was going to be a Beetle track but I was honestly thinking of something more crazy and built for speed!!

Something big and crazy like Sanctum Sprint but designed for the beetle ^^

That would have been a lot of fun but I got used to the new raceway after a while of frustration (Beetle really isn't my strongest mount)

I do hope next year we finally get more halloween story.. but frankly after hoping for that every year since the Bloody Prince was introduced i'm not going to get my hopes up for anything more than exactly the same thing next year but with new skins etc.

> @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > The mount rental should have gave options to select the mount you want instead only giving the beetle. **Without the drifting mastery** beetle is terrible for that track.

>

> I have to jump in here because I continue to see this misinformation. The beetle mount **does not need a mastery to drift**. The mechanic is innate and anyone with access to the beetle can immediately drift with knowledge and practice. The 3 masteries from the mount have little or nothing to do with the drift mechanic. The newest endurance mastery is also unneeded to achieve gold in the raceway.

>

> Sources: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roller_Beetle

> And me having to rent the beetle on one of my accounts with no mount living world or beetle masteries.

>

> However, having to re-rent the beetle after being knocked off it each time is a huge oversight and highly annoying.

Hmm drifting doesn't seem to work while using the rental for me. Pressing it 2 and not gives me the same result which is not how it behaves when using it on an account with all the masteries

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > The mount rental should have gave options to select the mount you want instead only giving the beetle. **Without the drifting mastery** beetle is terrible for that track.

> >

> > I have to jump in here because I continue to see this misinformation. The beetle mount **does not need a mastery to drift**. The mechanic is innate and anyone with access to the beetle can immediately drift with knowledge and practice. The 3 masteries from the mount have little or nothing to do with the drift mechanic. The newest endurance mastery is also unneeded to achieve gold in the raceway.

> >

> > Sources: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roller_Beetle

> > And me having to rent the beetle on one of my accounts with no mount living world or beetle masteries.

> >

> > However, having to re-rent the beetle after being knocked off it each time is a huge oversight and highly annoying.

>

> Hmm drifting doesn't seem to work while using the rental for me. Pressing it 2 and not gives me the same result which is not how it behaves when using it on an account with all the masteries

Drifting is bugged in a way, some people can get it to work great, for some it seems to work situationally, and for some like myself it doesnt work at all, I have my drift key bound to something completely separate and i cant get it to engage at all, and the key does function normally. Tried having it bound to the same key that i have my Griffons set up to and still nothing. Few people have been saying its ping, but with an 40 average ping i dont see how....

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > The mount rental should have gave options to select the mount you want instead only giving the beetle. **Without the drifting mastery** beetle is terrible for that track.

> > >

> > > I have to jump in here because I continue to see this misinformation. The beetle mount **does not need a mastery to drift**. The mechanic is innate and anyone with access to the beetle can immediately drift with knowledge and practice. The 3 masteries from the mount have little or nothing to do with the drift mechanic. The newest endurance mastery is also unneeded to achieve gold in the raceway.

> > >

> > > Sources: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roller_Beetle

> > > And me having to rent the beetle on one of my accounts with no mount living world or beetle masteries.

> > >

> > > However, having to re-rent the beetle after being knocked off it each time is a huge oversight and highly annoying.

> >

> > Hmm drifting doesn't seem to work while using the rental for me. Pressing it 2 and not gives me the same result which is not how it behaves when using it on an account with all the masteries

>

> Drifting is bugged in a way, some people can get it to work great, for some it seems to work situationally, and for some like myself it doesnt work at all, I have my drift key bound to something completely separate and i cant get it to engage at all, and the key does function normally. Tried having it bound to the same key that i have my Griffons set up to and still nothing. Few people have been saying its ping, but with an 40 average ping i dont see how....

but in this case I am the same person :confounded:

It is just two different accounts so nothing else should differ.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > > > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > > The mount rental should have gave options to select the mount you want instead only giving the beetle. **Without the drifting mastery** beetle is terrible for that track.

> > > >

> > > > I have to jump in here because I continue to see this misinformation. The beetle mount **does not need a mastery to drift**. The mechanic is innate and anyone with access to the beetle can immediately drift with knowledge and practice. The 3 masteries from the mount have little or nothing to do with the drift mechanic. The newest endurance mastery is also unneeded to achieve gold in the raceway.

> > > >

> > > > Sources: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roller_Beetle

> > > > And me having to rent the beetle on one of my accounts with no mount living world or beetle masteries.

> > > >

> > > > However, having to re-rent the beetle after being knocked off it each time is a huge oversight and highly annoying.

> > >

> > > Hmm drifting doesn't seem to work while using the rental for me. Pressing it 2 and not gives me the same result which is not how it behaves when using it on an account with all the masteries

> >

> > Drifting is bugged in a way, some people can get it to work great, for some it seems to work situationally, and for some like myself it doesnt work at all, I have my drift key bound to something completely separate and i cant get it to engage at all, and the key does function normally. Tried having it bound to the same key that i have my Griffons set up to and still nothing. Few people have been saying its ping, but with an 40 average ping i dont see how....

>

> but in this case I am the same person :confounded:

>

> It is just two different accounts so nothing else should differ.

Its weird, i dont understand it either, i lack a second account to test anything myself, so i wouldnt know, still strange.

Well, i have to say, that even Reaper's Rumble wasn't enough to bring me back to GW2. Well it was, but i started sifting through the achievements and the rewards, and i just closed the game again. It's sad, Halloween used to be my favourite time in GW2, and last year's improvements + the announcement of reaper's rumble made me believe it might be better this year, but really wasn't.

Except for the drop rates (tattered bat wings were always ridiculously hard to drop, to the point it becomes a negative reward due to being more of a source of frustration than rewards), i mirror the OP's sentiment.

A returning game mode, and no support for other "PvP" type game modes in terms of rewards just means that, except for a few achievements, and the "new" factor, it's quickly abandoned. Also weirder than that, sPvP and WvW are probably some of the best farms in the game, which just makes one wonder why the festival "PvP" modes aren't that rewarding.

A new race, and another collection, that's the extent of the new content. And the lack of the returning story beats, and no progress of the Mad King vs Bloody Prince story, is extremely disappointing.

Another missed opportunity from Arena Net. I wonder how many more can they afford to miss.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

>

> If the bug affects you autoloot won't give you anything **AND** you still can't get it by running up to the chest. The only way to correctly get the loot is to disable autoloot then loot the chest manually.

>

> I have gotten around 2 wings in 20 runs which isn't that bad. Not a great sample size though.

>

A bug? WHAT BUG? If a bug affected the way the transfer of the chest content via Autoloot, that explain a lot of things :# . I competed ONE Ascent to Madness every day. Only once. That means 21 in total. From 21 ATM I got 2 wings. The first in the first day when I missed a jump (one year is enough to forget some details) and I looted manually the chest. The second when I took a "Fear" being very close to the edge and I failed before having the time to react. Again I looted manually the chest.

Last year I had 7 wings, also doing the event once per day - so from my point of view, I can say the drop is somehow nerfed.

But if this has been generated by an autoloot BUG .... PF! I should read the Forum more often.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

>

> >

> > If the bug affects you autoloot won't give you anything **AND** you still can't get it by running up to the chest. The only way to correctly get the loot is to disable autoloot then loot the chest manually.

> >

> > I have gotten around 2 wings in 20 runs which isn't that bad. Not a great sample size though.

> >

>

> A bug? WHAT BUG? If a bug affected the way the transfer of the chest content via Autoloot, that explain a lot of things :# . I competed ONE Ascent to Madness every day. Only once. That means 21 in total. From 21 ATM I got 2 wings. The first in the first day when I missed a jump (one year is enough to forget some details) and I looted manually the chest. The second when I took a "Fear" being very close to the edge and I failed before having the time to react. Again I looted manually the chest.

> Last year I had 7 wings, also doing the event once per day - so from my point of view, I can say the drop is somehow nerfed.

>

> But if this has been generated by an autoloot BUG .... PF! I should read the Forum more often.

>

>

The bug only affects some people as far as I can tell. A friend mentioned that his girlfriend got the loot but he did not. I recalled seeing mentions of that being related to autoloot so I told him and also went to tested it myself. 1st run with autoloot enabled I only got the ToT from the popup. 2nd and subsequent runs with autoloot disabled I got the additional loot from the chest.

I believe this bug has been around since last year's Halloween. :/

That is how I was aware of the bug.