Preferences for: Downstate, No Downstate, No-rally, or Other

GDchiaScrub.3241

> @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > Even the fact that the game is 6 years old and yet the poll is evenly split after 6 years tells me that down state is still clearly very unpopular.

> > There is a hundred votes in it.

> >

> > That's like me joining WvW at 04:00 and claiming that WvW is clearly very dead because no one is playing.

>

>

> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_(statistics)

>

> You actually only need around 100 samples of even quite large populations in order to get quite close to the actual result...

Sort of assumes an unbiased scene.

Otherwise its like asking 100 people at a metallica concert whether they like metallica or not.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > > Even the fact that the game is 6 years old and yet the poll is evenly split after 6 years tells me that down state is still clearly very unpopular.

> > > There is a hundred votes in it.

> > >

> > > That's like me joining WvW at 04:00 and claiming that WvW is clearly very dead because no one is playing.

> >

> >

> > https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_(statistics)

> >

> > You actually only need around 100 samples of even quite large populations in order to get quite close to the actual result...

> Sort of assumes an unbiased scene.

>

> Otherwise its like asking 100 people at a metallica concert whether they like metallica or not.

Exactly. The bias should be in favour of downed state, yet it's neck and neck. That tells me that downed state really is not well liked at all.

> @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > > > Even the fact that the game is 6 years old and yet the poll is evenly split after 6 years tells me that down state is still clearly very unpopular.

> > > > There is a hundred votes in it.

> > > >

> > > > That's like me joining WvW at 04:00 and claiming that WvW is clearly very dead because no one is playing.

> > >

> > >

> > > https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_(statistics)

> > >

> > > You actually only need around 100 samples of even quite large populations in order to get quite close to the actual result...

> > Sort of assumes an unbiased scene.

> >

> > Otherwise its like asking 100 people at a metallica concert whether they like metallica or not.

>

> Exactly. The bias should be in favour of downed state, yet it's neck and neck. That tells me that downed state really is not well liked at all.

How do you figure that? There are 68 votes for a downed state and 52 votes for no downed state. 10 votes for something else entirely. That doesn't exactly scream neck and neck to me. Also with the favor being in keeping downed state that tells me that downed state IS liked and desired to be kept, not against. Seems like you are reading what you want, not actually looking at the numbers and the facts.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > @"scerevisiae.1972" said:

> > > > > > Even the fact that the game is 6 years old and yet the poll is evenly split after 6 years tells me that down state is still clearly very unpopular.

> > > > > There is a hundred votes in it.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's like me joining WvW at 04:00 and claiming that WvW is clearly very dead because no one is playing.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_(statistics)

> > > >

> > > > You actually only need around 100 samples of even quite large populations in order to get quite close to the actual result...

> > > Sort of assumes an unbiased scene.

> > >

> > > Otherwise its like asking 100 people at a metallica concert whether they like metallica or not.

> >

> > Exactly. The bias should be in favour of downed state, yet it's neck and neck. That tells me that downed state really is not well liked at all.

>

> How do you figure that? There are 68 votes for a downed state and 52 votes for no downed state. 10 votes for something else entirely. That doesn't exactly scream neck and neck to me. Also with the favor being in keeping downed state that tells me that downed state IS liked and desired to be kept, not against. Seems like you are reading what you want, not actually looking at the numbers and the facts.

It's a very narrow margin. After six years of downed state and literally one week of play without it one would expect downed state to win by a total landslide. The fact that this many people are for removing downed state already shows great promise.

Surely this result justifies another week or two of no downed state to give people more time to get used to it.

> @"Aury.1367" said:

> Missing choice: "HP increased by 50%, no downstate anymore + old stability boon without stacks"

Yeah this. A lot of people who are voting in favour of downed state are doing so because they fear being insta-downed by burst specs. However it should be obvious that if one were to remove downed state that it would come with a flat HP bonus or similar to balance out the effective HP loss from DS.

Not sure about the stability thing though. I just wish there were a much more prominent visual indicator of when you have or lose stability.