I think GW could actually survive a GW3

Faline.8795

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"IllegalChocolate.6938" said:

> If ever gw3 gets announced I think that would be the end of buying any form of microtransactions for me. Spending all that money only for it to eventually fade into obscurity? no thanks

^

That’s an important point. An announcement of gw3 under production would drastically decrease their income from gemstore sales, as well as probably no expansions made, with their income. Not only would they be taking on a lot of new debt but they would lose a good part of their current income.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > >

> > >

> > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> >

> > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> >

>

> The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

>

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> >

> > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> >

> > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> >

> > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

>

> "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

>

> > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

>

>

Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > >

> > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > >

> >

> > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> >

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > >

> > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > >

> > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > >

> > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> >

> > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> >

> > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> >

> >

>

> Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

>

> With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > yes, for ~~most of playerbase~~ **me and some others here on the forum** optimalisation (or rather lack of thereoff) is most important factor when asking for new game engine

> Fixed that for you. Don't want anyone accusing you of speaking of majorities you cannot prove.

Its a fact that as more years pass and more games come out that number of ppl will continue to increase as the game struggles.

Regardless if its already the majority or "some ppl on the forums".

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > >

> > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > >

> > >

> > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > >

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > >

> > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > >

> > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > >

> > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > >

> > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > >

> > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> >

> > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

>

> First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

>

> Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

>

> As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > >

> > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > >

> > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > >

> > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > >

> > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > >

> > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > >

> > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > >

> > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> >

> > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> >

> > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> >

> > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

>

> Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

>

> And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

>

> Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

> @"Eme.2018" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > yes, for ~~most of playerbase~~ **me and some others here on the forum** optimalisation (or rather lack of thereoff) is most important factor when asking for new game engine

> > Fixed that for you. Don't want anyone accusing you of speaking of majorities you cannot prove.

>

> Well, either the majority of the player base is indeed having problems with the game's optimization or Gw2 has a really rich player base with godly PC's since I have an above average computer and still I struggle to get stable FPS, a sign of poor optimization.

>

Except in life things aren't usually either or... This binary style of thinking is part of the problem. Loads of discussions on game forums end up in two sides and there usually are more sides to it.

Take your comment for example.

You can only see the options that a majority has issues with the optimization or most people have godly PC's as you put it.

But that's an over-simplification. Some people don't care about graphics that much, some people don't do PvP at all, some people don't care about fps that much. Hell some people you'll have to explain what fps actually is.

Also you do not need a godly PC to run this game. You need a good PC when you have a number of requirements. Also you need to have the right combination of hardware to make it work right. I've seen so many people complain with decent computers but one element wrong that creates a bottleneck. Also your internet provided is important and you need the right screen with the right cables etc.

So no, it's not either or as you suggest. And since it is known that most gamers never come to the forums and that forums tend to attract more complaints because when people are upset this is the sort of place they come to first, you also cannot really say anything about "most players" who never come here and may be disproportionately represented here. Just because you only can imagine two options doesn't mean that you're right. And I am telling you that there's usually a lot of grey area in between. Heck, what does "godly" even mean? That really depends on the person. I have an i7-7700k, GTX1070Ti and 16GB RAM. Is that godly? To some it probably is, but to me it's not. Considering the games that come out currently that's decent. I do not have the i7-8xxx series, I do not have a 1080 or an RTX graphics card and 16GB is what you need for games these days and 32GB RAM is not a bad thing either...but that's more expensive than I'm able/willing to pay for it.

There just is a big disconnect between people's expectations and what they can actually afford and then it's easy to blame the company. Now I do think it's good that they keep optimizing and try to create a broad experience because that's what they need to do to keep the game going successfully.

Consider this. The game is making 50% more money on a monthly basis than last year (comparing before and after PoF). This is factual. It's based on the data in the NcSoft financial report. Do you really think that GW2 would be able to get such an increase in a game that's over 5 years old, if most people were struggling with making the game work for them? I mean do you really think that?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > yes, for ~~most of playerbase~~ **me and some others here on the forum** optimalisation (or rather lack of thereoff) is most important factor when asking for new game engine

> > Fixed that for you. Don't want anyone accusing you of speaking of majorities you cannot prove.

>

> Its a fact that as more years pass and more games come out that number of ppl will continue to increase as the game struggles.

>

> Regardless if its already the majority or "some ppl on the forums".

Just because there have been some threads with some people complaining about this, doesn't even make it a majority on the forum. That's a total assumption on your part. You never ran the numbers of total forum users against people complaining about this. So sorry but that's just bull. People make stuff up like this regularly and frankly it's dishonest if it's not carelessness. You simply do not and cannot know what the majority of the player base thinks, nor what the majority on the forum thinks.

It's also not a fact that as more years pass that the number of people who struggle will increase. That isn't just about time passing but also about people's ability to buy new hardware. So right there I already proved you wrong because you leave out a very important variable: buying new pc's. When people buy a new pc AND pay attention to what they're buying, that will bring down the number of people who struggle. Your calculation assumes that people keep the same hardware as time goes on. And yes, those people will struggle, but those people will have to buy a newer pc at some point anyway. By your logic, if most people will struggle more and more there is no money in making new up to date games and yet they keep making them.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Eme.2018" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > yes, for ~~most of playerbase~~ **me and some others here on the forum** optimalisation (or rather lack of thereoff) is most important factor when asking for new game engine

> > > Fixed that for you. Don't want anyone accusing you of speaking of majorities you cannot prove.

> >

> > Well, either the majority of the player base is indeed having problems with the game's optimization or Gw2 has a really rich player base with godly PC's since I have an above average computer and still I struggle to get stable FPS, a sign of poor optimization.

> >

> Except in life things aren't usually either or... This binary style of thinking is part of the problem. Loads of discussions on game forums end up in two sides and there usually are more sides to it.

>

> Take your comment for example.

> You can only see the options that a majority has issues with the optimization or most people have godly PC's as you put it.

>

> But that's an over-simplification. Some people don't care about graphics that much, some people don't do PvP at all, some people don't care about fps that much. Hell some people you'll have to explain what fps actually is.

>

> Also you do not need a godly PC to run this game. You need a good PC when you have a number of requirements. Also you need to have the right combination of hardware to make it work right. I've seen so many people complain with decent computers but one element wrong that creates a bottleneck. Also your internet provided is important and you need the right screen with the right cables etc.

Just to add to this, I'm not even convinced that the problems people have are much to do with their PCs not being good enough. I definitely don't have a godly PC: it's 7-8 years old, with some components even older, and I expect it's below average for a gaming PC (I can't remember the specs off the top of my head). However, I play the game at maximum graphics settings and have only twice had major FPS problems: once when the karka invaded Lion's Arch (which I think was notorious for that anyway), and once in the Warden Amala fight in Istan.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > >

> > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > >

> > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > >

> > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > >

> > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > >

> > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > >

> > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > >

> > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> >

> > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> >

> > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> >

> > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

>

> Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

>

> I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

>

> On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > > >

> > > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > > >

> > > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > > >

> > > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > > >

> > > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> > >

> > > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> > >

> > > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> > >

> > > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> >

> > Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

> >

> > I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

> >

> > On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

>

> When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

> Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

You will NEVER find a quote that says no mounts and no raids, because Anet never said it. Not once. Not ever. That's not a broken promise, that's projection on the part of people who believe Anet said it. It was never said. They did say no mounts at launch. They never talked about raids at all.

Choices do matter on story to a degree.

The line about everything that's good about Guild Wars 1 is just marketing anyway. Because if you ask 100 people what they thought was good about Guild Wars 1, you might get 100 different answers. Anyone calling that a promise is just looking for stuff to complain about. They said this is the manifesto, which is only a statement of intent (that's the definition of manifesto), not a guarantee of delivery.

Guild Wars 2 is more popular than Guild Wars 1 ever was, and though some players from Guild Wars 1 feel that this is not a good sequel, others like it quite a lot. No one can really say how many of each.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > > > >

> > > > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > > > >

> > > > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > > > >

> > > > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> > > >

> > > > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> > > >

> > > > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> > > >

> > > > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > > > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> > >

> > > Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

> > >

> > > I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

> > >

> > > On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

> >

> > When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

> > Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

>

> You will NEVER find a quote that says no mounts and no raids, because Anet never said it. Not once. Not ever. That's not a broken promise, that's projection on the part of people who believe Anet said it. It was never said. They did say no mounts at launch. They never talked about raids at all.

>

> Choices do matter on story to a degree.

>

> The line about everything that's good about Guild Wars 1 is just marketing anyway. Because if you ask 100 people what they thought was good about Guild Wars 1, you might get 100 different answers. Anyone calling that a promise is just looking for stuff to complain about. They said this is the manifesto, which is only a statement of intent (that's the definition of manifesto), not a guarantee of delivery.

>

> Guild Wars 2 is more popular than Guild Wars 1 ever was, and though some players from Guild Wars 1 feel that this is not a good sequel, others like it quite a lot. No one can really say how many of each.

Pretty sure they said it, even remember some dev (Eric maybe) saying especially "no" to flying mounts because the world was so gorgeous and big and with them you'll lose the scaling of all that. As for raids can't put my finger where I read about it.

No, choices don't matter at all, they don't impact the story nor the world. Even the type of character you're was scrapped.

As for GW1 indeed, the problem is they didn't take anything about GW1 apart from lore and ready to play pvp.

Yes, GW2 is more popular and sucessful than GW1, but that doesn't equals better, we needed to dig deeper into the why to see if it's due to the game itself, the marketing budget, the mmo world conditions and so on.

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > > > > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> > > >

> > > > Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

> > > >

> > > > I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

> > > >

> > > > On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

> > >

> > > When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

> > > Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

> >

> > You will NEVER find a quote that says no mounts and no raids, because Anet never said it. Not once. Not ever. That's not a broken promise, that's projection on the part of people who believe Anet said it. It was never said. They did say no mounts at launch. They never talked about raids at all.

> >

> > Choices do matter on story to a degree.

> >

> > The line about everything that's good about Guild Wars 1 is just marketing anyway. Because if you ask 100 people what they thought was good about Guild Wars 1, you might get 100 different answers. Anyone calling that a promise is just looking for stuff to complain about. They said this is the manifesto, which is only a statement of intent (that's the definition of manifesto), not a guarantee of delivery.

> >

> > Guild Wars 2 is more popular than Guild Wars 1 ever was, and though some players from Guild Wars 1 feel that this is not a good sequel, others like it quite a lot. No one can really say how many of each.

>

> Pretty sure they said it, even remember some dev (Eric maybe) saying especially "no" to flying mounts because the world was so gorgeous and big and with them you'll lose the scaling of all that. As for raids can't put my finger where I read about it.

griffon might be airborne but it's nowhere close to the flying mounts of other games where it almost looks like ppl are noclipping through the skybox.

griffon is more of a gliding mount

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > > > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > > > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > > > > > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

> > > > >

> > > > > On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

> > > >

> > > > When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

> > > > Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

> > >

> > > You will NEVER find a quote that says no mounts and no raids, because Anet never said it. Not once. Not ever. That's not a broken promise, that's projection on the part of people who believe Anet said it. It was never said. They did say no mounts at launch. They never talked about raids at all.

> > >

> > > Choices do matter on story to a degree.

> > >

> > > The line about everything that's good about Guild Wars 1 is just marketing anyway. Because if you ask 100 people what they thought was good about Guild Wars 1, you might get 100 different answers. Anyone calling that a promise is just looking for stuff to complain about. They said this is the manifesto, which is only a statement of intent (that's the definition of manifesto), not a guarantee of delivery.

> > >

> > > Guild Wars 2 is more popular than Guild Wars 1 ever was, and though some players from Guild Wars 1 feel that this is not a good sequel, others like it quite a lot. No one can really say how many of each.

> >

> > Pretty sure they said it, even remember some dev (Eric maybe) saying especially "no" to flying mounts because the world was so gorgeous and big and with them you'll lose the scaling of all that. As for raids can't put my finger where I read about it.

>

> griffon might be airborne but it's nowhere close to the flying mounts of other games where it almost looks like ppl are noclipping through the skybox.

>

> griffon is more of a gliding mount

Does the world feel smaller when you're gliding and does it allow you to bypass content?

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > > > > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > > > > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > > > > > > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

> > > > >

> > > > > When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

> > > > > Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

> > > >

> > > > You will NEVER find a quote that says no mounts and no raids, because Anet never said it. Not once. Not ever. That's not a broken promise, that's projection on the part of people who believe Anet said it. It was never said. They did say no mounts at launch. They never talked about raids at all.

> > > >

> > > > Choices do matter on story to a degree.

> > > >

> > > > The line about everything that's good about Guild Wars 1 is just marketing anyway. Because if you ask 100 people what they thought was good about Guild Wars 1, you might get 100 different answers. Anyone calling that a promise is just looking for stuff to complain about. They said this is the manifesto, which is only a statement of intent (that's the definition of manifesto), not a guarantee of delivery.

> > > >

> > > > Guild Wars 2 is more popular than Guild Wars 1 ever was, and though some players from Guild Wars 1 feel that this is not a good sequel, others like it quite a lot. No one can really say how many of each.

> > >

> > > Pretty sure they said it, even remember some dev (Eric maybe) saying especially "no" to flying mounts because the world was so gorgeous and big and with them you'll lose the scaling of all that. As for raids can't put my finger where I read about it.

> >

> > griffon might be airborne but it's nowhere close to the flying mounts of other games where it almost looks like ppl are noclipping through the skybox.

> >

> > griffon is more of a gliding mount

>

>

> Does the world feel smaller when you're gliding and does it allow you to bypass content?

Not really the point, gliding isn't flying and unless you can provide a quote, I'm going to guess that Anet never said they'd never add it. More likely they discussed the problems games had with flying mounts to explain why we didn't have them without stating we'd never have them. That's not a promise.

At any rate, Guild Wars 3 isn't going to happen, which is what this thread is about. Guild Wars 2 is still going strong anyway.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > > > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > > > > > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > > > > > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > > > > > > > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

> > > > > > Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > You will NEVER find a quote that says no mounts and no raids, because Anet never said it. Not once. Not ever. That's not a broken promise, that's projection on the part of people who believe Anet said it. It was never said. They did say no mounts at launch. They never talked about raids at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Choices do matter on story to a degree.

> > > > >

> > > > > The line about everything that's good about Guild Wars 1 is just marketing anyway. Because if you ask 100 people what they thought was good about Guild Wars 1, you might get 100 different answers. Anyone calling that a promise is just looking for stuff to complain about. They said this is the manifesto, which is only a statement of intent (that's the definition of manifesto), not a guarantee of delivery.

> > > > >

> > > > > Guild Wars 2 is more popular than Guild Wars 1 ever was, and though some players from Guild Wars 1 feel that this is not a good sequel, others like it quite a lot. No one can really say how many of each.

> > > >

> > > > Pretty sure they said it, even remember some dev (Eric maybe) saying especially "no" to flying mounts because the world was so gorgeous and big and with them you'll lose the scaling of all that. As for raids can't put my finger where I read about it.

> > >

> > > griffon might be airborne but it's nowhere close to the flying mounts of other games where it almost looks like ppl are noclipping through the skybox.

> > >

> > > griffon is more of a gliding mount

> >

> >

> > Does the world feel smaller when you're gliding and does it allow you to bypass content?

>

> Not really the point, gliding isn't flying and unless you can provide a quote, I'm going to guess that Anet never said they'd never add it. More likely they discussed the problems games had with flying mounts to explain why we didn't have them without stating we'd never have them. That's not a promise.

>

> At any rate, Guild Wars 3 isn't going to happen, which is what this thread is about. Guild Wars 2 is still going strong anyway.

Gliding and flying have the same impact. Take it or leave it, can't be bothered to dig up 5+ years on google.

> Take it or leave it, can't be bothered to dig up 5+ years on google.

Funny how that works. You make claims that they said things that they never said. Now it's up to you to bother and dig up 5+ years on google to find those quotes and references because I'm 100% sure they never said anything that you claim they did. So post direct quotes or it never happened.

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I have no idea why people keep asking for gw3. The game would need years to make, which means this game would be content neglected during that development time while the new game gets all the attention.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Iirc gw had lw running while they were developing gw2 plus they had hom which gave incentive and rewards for playing all bits of content in that game.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Three small episodes over the course of five years. Imagine the QQ if ANet released one episode of living story each year and a half, I mean people already complain if an episode gets delayed.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > The are already doing that, lw provide live content while a big part of the company is developing the expansions. Basically the same thing but replace expac with a new mmo. The amount of content is w/e we wont knoe how much content we will get until we get it.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ... and difficulty in balancing the ever-increasing number of skills. Eventually, the discussion evolved into a blueprint for an entirely new game.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Which is pretty funny considering that GW has better balance than GW2 ever had.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > OT - ANet releasing GW3 would be shoting themselves on the foot. People fell for GW2 but won't fall for another.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "fell for gw2" what do you mean? Gw2 is more succesful than gw1 was its been supported for 6 years and counting. That gives certainty to buyers that placing money in a gw3 wont cheat you out if your game in a year or 2 like certain EA games.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > No ones wants to play an mmo that has a death sentence attached to it in the scope that after X years of GW3 no one stops ANet from relasing GW4 and so on.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > ANet releasing a new game will be either a new franchise or some sort of GW spinoff.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Three to four months it's the current time it takes ANet to release LS episodes.

> > > > > > > > > > > It's a bit different from year and half for each episode.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > With "fell" I meant GW veterans gave GW2 a shot but can't see they giving a GW3 a chance. Kind of "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.".

> > > > > > > > > > > GW2 is more successful than its precedent, sure, but GW didn't have any marketing at all if you compare both.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > First nobody said lw updates will take a year, year and half. Secondly gw2 sold to way more than gw1 vets. Where do you get the "fool me once, twice or w/e mentality?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Anet stuck with both games for the better part of a decade before moving on, gw2 is at its 6 years rn and i dont see gw3 for T least 2 to 3 more years. Nobody was fooled aent promised games and they delivered them.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As for the marketing, anet never did great marketing but w/e marketin gw2 would get would be way more than what gw2 has.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Well you said ANet delivered content in the time between GWEN and GW2 and could do the same to before the release of GW3 and I said they did 3 short episodes in the span of 5 years, which takes rougly 1 episode every 1year and a half.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And yeah people were fooled, lots and lots of promises not fulfilled and 180° turns of some premises.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Are you really trying to degrade GW2 marketing? Everyone and their mother talked about GW2 before the release, it was going to be the next big thing and the second coming of Jesus.

> > > > > > > > > Now compare it with a game only known by an "handful" of people who were searching for a quality b2p mmo in a time where only WoW was known.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Lots of people don't know the difference between announced plans and promises. Most of the stuff that Anet had "promised" wasn't promised. I'm a Guild Wars 1 player (15,000 hours) who came to Guild Wars 2 reading and seeing the exact same stuff as other people. I can only remember 2 or 3 things that changed that I thought were set in stone.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm sure ascended gear is one of the items you're probably talking about. Maybe legendary weapons with HoT. But a lot of the stuff announced, wasn't announced as hard and fast fact, but only intentions that were subject to change. Which is very different from a promise.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > On the topic of Guild Wars 3, I think it would be a bad idea and I hope they don't do it, at least not for another period of years. Now is certainly not the right time, but I'm not sure the right time will ever come.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When a game dev says this game will have x and y, will be z and sells the game based on that and turns out different that's a broken promise.

> > > > > > > Not only ascended gear and legendaries on top of my head - no raids, no mounts, no trinity, constant influx of new events to keep the maps fresh, choices matter on story, taking everything good about gw1 and put it on gw2.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You will NEVER find a quote that says no mounts and no raids, because Anet never said it. Not once. Not ever. That's not a broken promise, that's projection on the part of people who believe Anet said it. It was never said. They did say no mounts at launch. They never talked about raids at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Choices do matter on story to a degree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The line about everything that's good about Guild Wars 1 is just marketing anyway. Because if you ask 100 people what they thought was good about Guild Wars 1, you might get 100 different answers. Anyone calling that a promise is just looking for stuff to complain about. They said this is the manifesto, which is only a statement of intent (that's the definition of manifesto), not a guarantee of delivery.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Guild Wars 2 is more popular than Guild Wars 1 ever was, and though some players from Guild Wars 1 feel that this is not a good sequel, others like it quite a lot. No one can really say how many of each.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pretty sure they said it, even remember some dev (Eric maybe) saying especially "no" to flying mounts because the world was so gorgeous and big and with them you'll lose the scaling of all that. As for raids can't put my finger where I read about it.

> > > >

> > > > griffon might be airborne but it's nowhere close to the flying mounts of other games where it almost looks like ppl are noclipping through the skybox.

> > > >

> > > > griffon is more of a gliding mount

> > >

> > >

> > > Does the world feel smaller when you're gliding and does it allow you to bypass content?

> >

> > Not really the point, gliding isn't flying and unless you can provide a quote, I'm going to guess that Anet never said they'd never add it. More likely they discussed the problems games had with flying mounts to explain why we didn't have them without stating we'd never have them. That's not a promise.

> >

> > At any rate, Guild Wars 3 isn't going to happen, which is what this thread is about. Guild Wars 2 is still going strong anyway.

>

> Gliding and flying have the same impact. Take it or leave it, can't be bothered to dig up 5+ years on google.

Gliding and flying have completely differently impacts, as anyone who's played WOW will tell you. Flying in WOW requires no skill at all. There's no diving to gain speed, no chance of hitting the ground if you don't pull up fast enough. You need height to make the dive in the first place or you can't ascend. And I'm convinced Anet never promised or even stated they'd never add it. So I'm leaving it I guess.

All this has nothing to do with the main topic of the post anyway which is Guild Wars 3. I think the OP is a moot point anyway since I don't see it happening at all.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > yes, for ~~most of playerbase~~ **me and some others here on the forum** optimalisation (or rather lack of thereoff) is most important factor when asking for new game engine

> Fixed that for you. Don't want anyone accusing you of speaking of majorities you cannot prove.

except I am not asking for new game engine, so your "correction" is incorrect.

if you really have a need of rephrasing that statement above, let me put it in more fortunate words: for most of people I have seen asking for new game engine, optimalisation of the game (or rather seemingly lack of thereoff) is most important factor in their demand.

now ya happy? ;)

~~also that feel when I see bazilion notifs and all but two of them are nested quotes xD~~

~~EDIT: notif popup after submittign that message? nested quote again xD~~

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > > @"Eme.2018" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > > yes, for ~~most of playerbase~~ **me and some others here on the forum** optimalisation (or rather lack of thereoff) is most important factor when asking for new game engine

> > > > Fixed that for you. Don't want anyone accusing you of speaking of majorities you cannot prove.

> > >

> > > Well, either the majority of the player base is indeed having problems with the game's optimization or Gw2 has a really rich player base with godly PC's since I have an above average computer and still I struggle to get stable FPS, a sign of poor optimization.

> > >

> > Except in life things aren't usually either or... This binary style of thinking is part of the problem. Loads of discussions on game forums end up in two sides and there usually are more sides to it.

> >

> > Take your comment for example.

> > You can only see the options that a majority has issues with the optimization or most people have godly PC's as you put it.

> >

> > But that's an over-simplification. Some people don't care about graphics that much, some people don't do PvP at all, some people don't care about fps that much. Hell some people you'll have to explain what fps actually is.

> >

> > Also you do not need a godly PC to run this game. You need a good PC when you have a number of requirements. Also you need to have the right combination of hardware to make it work right. I've seen so many people complain with decent computers but one element wrong that creates a bottleneck. Also your internet provided is important and you need the right screen with the right cables etc.

>

> Just to add to this, I'm not even convinced that the problems people have are much to do with their PCs not being good enough. I definitely don't have a godly PC: it's 7-8 years old, with some components even older, and I expect it's below average for a gaming PC (I can't remember the specs off the top of my head). However, I play the game at maximum graphics settings and have only twice had major FPS problems: once when the karka invaded Lion's Arch (which I think was notorious for that anyway), and once in the Warden Amala fight in Istan.

That depends on what you consider to be a "major" FPS problem. Did you measure it? Engine optimization is not a matter of opinions.

I have no idea why people harp on so much about wanting a GW3. I love tyria, miss the old days on GW like crazy, get slightly niked that GW2 lost what the Guildwars were actually about, but basically can see a lot of uncovered ground that this game can explore.

I find these threads as unnecessary as the 'game is dying ones'