Solid Ocean can we get a boss fight?

phs.6089

make it 2-3 bosses. 1 big wind rider with adds and lasers. 2nd boss big jade with adds as well. last boss walking tentacle monster. all their improvements on other fractals were spot on like molten boss.

i think deepstone is just boring long design and i don't like it. i like twilight oasis, nightmare, shattered observatory.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> Solid ocean is classic. Keep as is pls ☺️

> Don't waste time retouch old map. Just make new ones. They are fraction of memories in the mist right.. hope one day we have 100 diff fractal maps.

Well after 25 we will have to make a new mist door since there have to be t1-4 of each fractal.

They are staged like that to teach people the mechanics after all.

If anything needs a rework, rework molten furnace first. Completing solid ocean takes like 6 to 10 minutes when I solo it on tier 4, depending on the instability.

The time gate of the molten furnace drill tunneling portion alone takes over 5 minutes by itself regardless of whether its a full party or solo. With the only notable 'mechanic' there being mining those mithril ore and dropping a boulder over a geyser. It would be great if they could just start the fractal at the trap portion and make the boss fight harder.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > Solid ocean is classic. Keep as is pls ☺️

> > Don't waste time retouch old map. Just make new ones. They are fraction of memories in the mist right.. hope one day we have 100 diff fractal maps.

>

> Well after 25 we will have to make a new mist door since there have to be t1-4 of each fractal.

> They are staged like that to teach people the mechanics after all.

There's nothing that requires a specific fractal level number. They could easily have 100 fractals per tier (400 total fractal levels), and it would be no problem as long as they would not increase the agony resistance requirements for each tier (so, new levels 100, 200, 300 and 400 would have the same requirements as levels 25, 50, 75 and 100 now).

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > make it 2-3 bosses. 1 big wind rider with adds and lasers. 2nd boss big jade with adds as well. last boss walking tentacle monster. all their improvements on other fractals were spot on like molten boss.

> ...It's exactly the "improvements" like in molten duo that i don't want to see.

i guess you never know how to speed run it. and i bet you always die to the champ there.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > Solid ocean is classic. Keep as is pls ☺️

> > Don't waste time retouch old map. Just make new ones. They are fraction of memories in the mist right.. hope one day we have 100 diff fractal maps.

>

> Well after 25 we will have to make a new mist door since there have to be t1-4 of each fractal.

> They are staged like that to teach people the mechanics after all.

They can always change the system ? I let them dig their brain lol

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > make it 2-3 bosses. 1 big wind rider with adds and lasers. 2nd boss big jade with adds as well. last boss walking tentacle monster. all their improvements on other fractals were spot on like molten boss.

> > ...It's exactly the "improvements" like in molten duo that i don't want to see.

>

> i guess you never know how to speed run it. and i bet you always die to the champ there.

assuming player skill level based on what fractals they do or do not like is..not a effective method.

I like SO, and hate TO. I like Solid Ocean, and hate Deepstone. Why do i like solid ocean and hate deepstone? neither is hard, but solid ocean is short, where deepstone is long. Not every fractal needs to be a mini raid, thankfully anet knows this, and hopefully if Solid Ocean is revamped, they leave the boss fight alone.

The new Molten Alliance boss is annoying simply due to the length they added, the main boss wasnt even changed. All they "Improved" it with was making it longer to the average group(the largest portion of the playerbase). Its still /easy/ to do.

Yeah gotta admit it is a pretty dull fight tbh..

The most eventful part of it in my experience is hoping that my group listens to me when I say don't kill the last crystal golem or it mass spawns tentacles XD

I never know if they're going to listen and give us some nice recovery time or run in YOLO SWAG style and get us swamped by sushi.

The rest of the time it's pretty much standing around yelling pick me pick me so I can do a skill XD

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > make it 2-3 bosses. 1 big wind rider with adds and lasers. 2nd boss big jade with adds as well. last boss walking tentacle monster. all their improvements on other fractals were spot on like molten boss.

> > ...It's exactly the "improvements" like in molten duo that i don't want to see.

>

> i guess you never know how to speed run it. and i bet you always die to the champ there.

I know how to speed run it, and don't die. It's just what's the point of the change if you're going to skip it anyway? It only makes the whole more annoying.

By the way, you advising me to skip the trash mobs speaks volumes about _your_ own opinion of those changes.

SO is very nostalgic for me.

It was one of my first experiences in fractals, and at the time it was unique. It made me want to play fractals more.

I like that it's very chill and easy going. It's like a break from the tension xD.

Not every fractal needs to be long and involved, in fact I want more thats like SO. Shorter and straight to the main boss and not with so much going on.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> Yeah gotta admit it is a pretty dull fight tbh..

>

> **The most eventful part of it in my experience is hoping that my group listens to me when I say don't kill the last crystal golem or it mass spawns tentacles XD**

> I never know if they're going to listen and give us some nice recovery time or run in YOLO SWAG style and get us swamped by sushi.

>

> The rest of the time it's pretty much standing around yelling pick me pick me so I can do a skill XD

You know that if you're getting into the 2nd phase - after killing all jade colossi - every further tentacle you kill will damage the boss, right? That's why you shouldn't wait with crystals in your hands and instead be active because you are faster that way!

In fact I really hate those players, they lack knowledge and extend a simple and short fractal.

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Yeah gotta admit it is a pretty dull fight tbh..

> >

> > **The most eventful part of it in my experience is hoping that my group listens to me when I say don't kill the last crystal golem or it mass spawns tentacles XD**

> > I never know if they're going to listen and give us some nice recovery time or run in YOLO SWAG style and get us swamped by sushi.

> >

> > The rest of the time it's pretty much standing around yelling pick me pick me so I can do a skill XD

>

> You know that if you're getting into the 2nd phase - after killing all jade colossi - every further tentacle you kill will damage the boss, right? That's why you shouldn't wait with crystals in your hands and instead be active because you are faster that way!

> In fact I really hate those players, they lack knowledge and extend a simple and short fractal.

Actually I did not know that and in all the years I've been playing fractals not a single person has ever mentioned it xD

That's kinda funny really hahaha

> @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > Yeah gotta admit it is a pretty dull fight tbh..

> >

> > **The most eventful part of it in my experience is hoping that my group listens to me when I say don't kill the last crystal golem or it mass spawns tentacles XD**

> > I never know if they're going to listen and give us some nice recovery time or run in YOLO SWAG style and get us swamped by sushi.

> >

> > The rest of the time it's pretty much standing around yelling pick me pick me so I can do a skill XD

>

> You know that if you're getting into the 2nd phase - after killing all jade colossi - every further tentacle you kill will damage the boss, right? That's why you shouldn't wait with crystals in your hands and instead be active because you are faster that way!

> In fact I really hate those players, they lack knowledge and extend a simple and short fractal.

...i never noticed that either...jfc why does everyone stand around with crystals! O_O

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Vinceman.4572" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > Yeah gotta admit it is a pretty dull fight tbh..

> > >

> > > **The most eventful part of it in my experience is hoping that my group listens to me when I say don't kill the last crystal golem or it mass spawns tentacles XD**

> > > I never know if they're going to listen and give us some nice recovery time or run in YOLO SWAG style and get us swamped by sushi.

> > >

> > > The rest of the time it's pretty much standing around yelling pick me pick me so I can do a skill XD

> >

> > You know that if you're getting into the 2nd phase - after killing all jade colossi - every further tentacle you kill will damage the boss, right? That's why you shouldn't wait with crystals in your hands and instead be active because you are faster that way!

> > In fact I really hate those players, they lack knowledge and extend a simple and short fractal.

>

> Actually I did not know that and in all the years I've been playing fractals not a single person has ever mentioned it xD

> That's kinda funny really hahaha

Lol kill stuff and chit chat.. and giggle at those that go down without crystal and not dodge .. pick up a banner and throw it right on top of crystal when a person about to pick it up.. :p I like this fractal as it is.

> @"OpiumRagDoll.1086" said:

> If anything needs a rework, rework molten furnace first. Completing solid ocean takes like 6 to 10 minutes when I solo it on tier 4, depending on the instability.

> The time gate of the molten furnace drill tunneling portion alone takes over 5 minutes by itself regardless of whether its a full party or solo. With the only notable 'mechanic' there being mining those mithril ore and dropping a boulder over a geyser. It would be great if they could just start the fractal at the trap portion and make the boss fight harder.

Thank you, I was going to say this too. This is by far the most boring Fractal. I have fallen asleep waiting for the drill to move and the boss fight isn't much more exciting.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > make it 2-3 bosses. 1 big wind rider with adds and lasers. 2nd boss big jade with adds as well. last boss walking tentacle monster. all their improvements on other fractals were spot on like molten boss.

> > > ...It's exactly the "improvements" like in molten duo that i don't want to see.

> >

> > i guess you never know how to speed run it. and i bet you always die to the champ there.

>

> assuming player skill level based on what fractals they do or do not like is..not a effective method.

>

> I like SO, and hate TO. I like Solid Ocean, and hate Deepstone. Why do i like solid ocean and hate deepstone? neither is hard, but solid ocean is short, where deepstone is long. Not every fractal needs to be a mini raid, thankfully anet knows this, and hopefully if Solid Ocean is revamped, they leave the boss fight alone.

>

> The new Molten Alliance boss is annoying simply due to the length they added, the main boss wasnt even changed. All they "Improved" it with was making it longer to the average group(the largest portion of the playerbase). Its still /easy/ to do.

that's the problem, you look at fast rewards and not the experience itself. i hate both solid ocean and deepstone equally. both are boring. 1 is short and other is long. what i prefer for rewards? maybe solid ocean cuz faster but it's still bad. molten duo was really great so people should stop farming relics. it's not meant to be farmed. they did a good job. you can make it faster by stealthing. lure first and 2nd elite to one spot, kill 'em with aoe, move on to champ, kill it. then you have to clean only 3 packs of mobs. that's it. not that long. quite fast tbh. also people should really know how to do proper rotation to kill it fast.

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > > make it 2-3 bosses. 1 big wind rider with adds and lasers. 2nd boss big jade with adds as well. last boss walking tentacle monster. all their improvements on other fractals were spot on like molten boss.

> > > ...It's exactly the "improvements" like in molten duo that i don't want to see.

> >

> > i guess you never know how to speed run it. and i bet you always die to the champ there.

> I know how to speed run it, and don't die. It's just what's the point of the change if you're going to skip it anyway? It only makes the whole more annoying.

>

> By the way, you advising me to skip the trash mobs speaks volumes about _your_ own opinion of those changes.

>

it's all the point to have few ways to do it. either kill all, or skip mobs. what's the problem. you make it fast enough by skipping which is an option people prefer.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> it's all the point to have few ways to do it. either kill all, or skip mobs. what's the problem. you make it fast enough by skipping which is an option people prefer.

Yes, precisely. They do prefer it. Your "spot on improvements" end up as something players would rather avoid. What message do you think does that send?

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > it's all the point to have few ways to do it. either kill all, or skip mobs. what's the problem. you make it fast enough by skipping which is an option people prefer.

> Yes, precisely. They do prefer it. Your "spot on improvements" end up as something players would rather avoid. What message do you think does that send?

>

i don't understand your logic. people that get creative like stealth gives 'em the option to make it faster. it's part of an obsticle. while beginners don't know that options and do it the long way. i bet you don't even stealth. you still have to kill stuff and not speed fest it completely and farm boxes. there should be few ways to do it. not only 1 way.

and besides that you completely strawmanned the argument. what they did was great and prevent farmers from farming so now you don't see those 40 farms anymore.

> > @"Draco.9480" said:

> > it's all the point to have few ways to do it. either kill all, or skip mobs. what's the problem. you make it fast enough by skipping which is an option people prefer.

> Yes, precisely. They do prefer it. Your "spot on improvements" end up as something players would rather avoid. What message do you think does that send?

>

Pretty much this, it was the same way with dungeons and it left a bad taste in my mouth. No group did everything in a dungeon, they skipped a large part of it because it was faster.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> > > it's all the point to have few ways to do it. either kill all, or skip mobs. what's the problem. you make it fast enough by skipping which is an option people prefer.

> > Yes, precisely. They do prefer it. Your "spot on improvements" end up as something players would rather avoid. What message do you think does that send?

> >

>

> i don't understand your logic. people that get creative like stealth gives 'em the option to make it faster. it's part of an obsticle. while beginners don't know that options and do it the long way. i bet you don't even stealth. you still have to kill stuff and not speed fest it completely and farm boxes. there should be few ways to do it. not only 1 way.

> and besides that you completely strawmanned the argument. what they did was great and prevent farmers from farming so now you don't see those 40 farms anymore.

Again, you are assuming that somebody doesnt know how to do something.

Theres no obstacle to tackle when you can run past anything and not fight it.

Yes, you can stealth, but stealthing and skipping everything nullifies the change so what was the point of the change? On top of that, if *a group can skip they will always skip, theres no question about not doing it, it becomes the only way to do the content*.

and there was no strawmanning of their argument.