Rune/Sigil changes and Guardian

mes.4607

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> Rune of Speed looks so juicy. I'm thinking about dropping my double energy sigils and replacing them with agility... and replacing travelers rune with speed... 66% movement speed with swiftness? Whaaat...

had 6 of them in the bank and swapped the travelers in my celestial armor. Hybrid FB with hammer and scepter got a whole new meaning.

Kept the double energy sigils and added in cleansings on both weapons. 50% endurance and removing 3 condis is pretty strong combined with increased speed. I actually done pretty well roaming with honor/virtues/FB.

> @"Blasino.3128" said:

> Defender is probably going to be nerfed... pretty insane on warriors with shield 5 and DH VoC, etc...

Any of you who think defender rune on warrior is insane definitely never played it before today. Ive been playing it off and on since it was released years ago and it was way better then for warrior. Warrior only has one block with shield and one with mace.

Previously you would get 2 sec regen for every block with no ICD and a nice fat 5K heal on block with 30 sec cd. Now you get no regen and only 5% heal on block with 1 sec ICD. for a warrior in zerker gear you're looking at a 1k heal on block with 1 sec icd . Shield blocks lasts 3 sec but you need to ensure you're getting hit at least 3 times across the entire 3 sec evenly spaced out and all you will get is 3K heal. Whereas previously a single block got you 5K heal.

So sorry people defender rune is nerfed for warriors. Sure it got some toughness but now its not good on warrior at all. Its better for classes that have access to lots of aegis or blocks like Firebrand.

> @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > @"Blasino.3128" said:

> > Defender is probably going to be nerfed... pretty insane on warriors with shield 5 and DH VoC, etc...

> Any of you who think defender rune on warrior is insane definitely never played it before today. Ive been playing it off and on since it was released years ago and it was way better then for warrior. Warrior only has one block with shield and one with mace.

>

> Previously you would get 2 sec regen for every block with no ICD and a nice fat 5K heal on block with 30 sec cd. Now you get no regen and only 5% heal on block with 1 sec ICD. for a warrior in zerker gear you're looking at a 1k heal on block with 1 sec icd . Shield blocks lasts 3 sec but you need to ensure you're getting hit at least 3 times across the entire 3 sec evenly spaced out and all you will get is 3K heal. Whereas previously a single block got you 5K heal.

>

> So sorry people defender rune is nerfed for warriors. Sure it got some toughness but now its not good on warrior at all. Its better for classes that have access to lots of aegis or blocks like Firebrand.

>

True, but good change overall imo. The class that should be best poised to utilize that rune couldn't since they start the fight by having that 5k heal go on a 30s cooldown. Also guard didn't really have duration-blocks like ranger, war and engi have, but rather frequent access to aegis or singular blocks so they couldn't maximize the potential of the regen bonus (not that regen is anything to write home about).

The way the rune is now it should be an improvement for DH over durability runes which I know some like to run and it should work superbly well for Harrier's FBs, although they're not that common in wvw.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> True, but good change overall imo. The class that should be best poised to utilize that rune couldn't since they start the fight by having that 5k heal go on a 30s cooldown. Also guard didn't really have duration-blocks like ranger, war and engi have, but rather frequent access to aegis or singular blocks so they couldn't maximize the potential of the regen bonus (not that regen is anything to write home about).

>

> The way the rune is now it should be an improvement for DH over durability runes which I know some like to run and it should work superbly well for Harrier's FBs, although they're not that common in wvw.

I agree with you on it being better for guard I used to run it on guard and as you said the big heal was wasted on the first aegis block. Its much better for guard now. However i think Sanctuary rune is the most busted and very good on firebrand. We get so many sources of heals that its gonna be insane. Im just waiting to see what ANET does to nerf it before i go farm the runes.

> @"meepeY.2867" said:

> > @"Brutaly.6257" said:

> > I tried defender runes but i cant find a heal in the log when blocking with aegis. Am i missing something here?

>

> It heals you but doesn't show in the log... This patch has caused so many weird bugs :D

I cant see it on screen either, no green numbers popped up when blocking and passive virtues on cd.

> @"Brutaly.6257" said:

> > @"meepeY.2867" said:

> > > @"Brutaly.6257" said:

> > > I tried defender runes but i cant find a heal in the log when blocking with aegis. Am i missing something here?

> >

> > It heals you but doesn't show in the log... This patch has caused so many weird bugs :D

>

> I cant see it on screen either, no green numbers popped up when blocking and passive virtues on cd.

Pop f2, wait for regen to die down, let a mob drain your health some, then use shield 4 - does your health increase at all after aegis blocks?

Regardless of your answer, this sounds like a bug though, hope they fix it cuz I wanna use that rune :D

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > @"meepeY.2867" said:

> > > > @"Brutaly.6257" said:

> > > > I tried defender runes but i cant find a heal in the log when blocking with aegis. Am i missing something here?

> > >

> > > It heals you but doesn't show in the log... This patch has caused so many weird bugs :D

> >

> > I cant see it on screen either, no green numbers popped up when blocking and passive virtues on cd.

>

> Pop f2, wait for regen to die down, let a mob drain your health some, then use shield 4 - does your health increase at all after aegis blocks?

>

> Regardless of your answer, this sounds like a bug though, hope they fix it cuz I wanna use that rune :D

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

> > > @"meepeY.2867" said:

> > > > @"Brutaly.6257" said:

> > > > I tried defender runes but i cant find a heal in the log when blocking with aegis. Am i missing something here?

> > >

> > > It heals you but doesn't show in the log... This patch has caused so many weird bugs :D

> >

> > I cant see it on screen either, no green numbers popped up when blocking and passive virtues on cd.

>

> Pop f2, wait for regen to die down, let a mob drain your health some, then use shield 4 - does your health increase at all after aegis blocks?

>

> Regardless of your answer, this sounds like a bug though, hope they fix it cuz I wanna use that rune :D

It works and heals but no number in the log or on screen.

WvW here we come :-) Condi trailblazer bunker for the win.

9 aegis applications and 23000 healthpool and over 3400 in armor.

4 stunbreakers, condi clear on swap with cleansing and mantras.

1k heals on dodge rolls and energy sigils

This gonna be fun to try out.

> @"Brutaly.6257" said:

>

> It works and heals but no number in the log or on screen.

>

> WvW here we come :-) Condi trailblazer bunker for the win.

>

> 9 aegis applications and 23000 healthpool and over 3400 in armor.

> 4 stunbreakers, condi clear on swap with cleansing and mantras.

> 1k heals on dodge rolls and energy sigils

>

> This gonna be fun to try out.

>

With the buffed cleansing sigil condi guard has an even harder time than before especially with the lack of cover condi. You won't kill anything. My warrior now cleanses 5 condi every 10 sec. (4 when he swaps to sigil and 1 on the other weapon). Plus resistance from full counter plus using the buffed sigil of absorption which steals resistance first. My holo now loses 5 condi every time he drops out of photon forge. My Firebrand is now condi immune using cleansing sigils and the F2 tome.

Its not a good time to play a burn guard right now.

> > @"Blasino.3128" said:

> > Defender is probably going to be nerfed... pretty insane on warriors with shield 5 and DH VoC, etc...

> Any of you who think defender rune on warrior is insane definitely never played it before today. Ive been playing it off and on since it was released years ago and it was way better then for warrior. Warrior only has one block with shield and one with mace.

>

> Previously you would get 2 sec regen for every block with no ICD and a nice fat 5K heal on block with 30 sec cd. Now you get no regen and only 5% heal on block with 1 sec ICD. for a warrior in zerker gear you're looking at a 1k heal on block with 1 sec icd . Shield blocks lasts 3 sec but you need to ensure you're getting hit at least 3 times across the entire 3 sec evenly spaced out and all you will get is 3K heal. Whereas previously a single block got you 5K heal.

>

> So sorry people defender rune is nerfed for warriors. Sure it got some toughness but now its not good on warrior at all. Its better for classes that have access to lots of aegis or blocks like Firebrand.

>

One of my warrior builds is sword/shield + mace/sword, I got blocks out the wazoo and it can have more with mace and shield reduction traited along with sbreaker full counters. It's hilarious now with defender runes. Shield block, mace block, offhand sword block, full counter... I'm having some fun with it but that's all it does cos I'm not configured for damage atm. Going to see if I can build it up for damage before any changes to the rune happens but it will probably be more useful on my guard.

I'm currently working with a Burn Firebrand condi build (yeah, I know, not that original). I'm trying to decide on the runes to run with it and right now I'm looking at Firebrand, Berserker, Renegade, or Balthazar. The build is for WvW. I'm not sure how useful the extra burn duration would be in WvW with the amount of condi cleanse that you can encounter. I'm currently using that one as it's cheaper than the other three and I want to see which would be good before I drop like 18gs on runes. Though the health boost isn't bad, I imagine. I like Firebrand a bit, with the boon duration boost being the thing that appeals to me most. Firebrand (Guardian in general) moves really slow and so I use Tome of Courage's Ch 1 for the swiftness when I'm covering large distances or trying to keep up with the rest of the group. Thought the boon duration might help. Both Renegade and Berserker seem like good choices for a condi build too. Maybe I'll get a speed boost from using sigils ....

So any clear winners?

> @"SkyShroud.2865" said:

> I wanna confirm, does defender work with aegis received from guardians?

If you give yourself (or someone gives you aegis) and then it blocks an attack, yes. If you give an ally aegis, they block with it and they don't have defender runes on, then no it won't heal them or you.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > > @"Blasino.3128" said:

> > > Defender is probably going to be nerfed... pretty insane on warriors with shield 5 and DH VoC, etc...

> > Any of you who think defender rune on warrior is insane definitely never played it before today. Ive been playing it off and on since it was released years ago and it was way better then for warrior. Warrior only has one block with shield and one with mace.

> >

> > Previously you would get 2 sec regen for every block with no ICD and a nice fat 5K heal on block with 30 sec cd. Now you get no regen and only 5% heal on block with 1 sec ICD. for a warrior in zerker gear you're looking at a 1k heal on block with 1 sec icd . Shield blocks lasts 3 sec but you need to ensure you're getting hit at least 3 times across the entire 3 sec evenly spaced out and all you will get is 3K heal. Whereas previously a single block got you 5K heal.

> >

> > So sorry people defender rune is nerfed for warriors. Sure it got some toughness but now its not good on warrior at all. Its better for classes that have access to lots of aegis or blocks like Firebrand.

> >

>

> One of my warrior builds is sword/shield + mace/sword, I got blocks out the wazoo and it can have more with mace and shield reduction traited along with sbreaker full counters. It's hilarious now with defender runes. Shield block, mace block, offhand sword block, full counter... I'm having some fun with it but that's all it does cos I'm not configured for damage atm. Going to see if I can build it up for damage before any changes to the rune happens but it will probably be more useful on my guard.

Could it be possible to build for lots of vitality and power (maybe ferocity too) then use vision and maybe celerity (just get some quickness) for quick bursts of damage? Won't be a dps monster but still capable of dropping a Target if needed and still have your blocks and heals.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > @"Blasino.3128" said:

> > > Defender is probably going to be nerfed... pretty insane on warriors with shield 5 and DH VoC, etc...

> > Any of you who think defender rune on warrior is insane definitely never played it before today. Ive been playing it off and on since it was released years ago and it was way better then for warrior. Warrior only has one block with shield and one with mace.

> >

> > Previously you would get 2 sec regen for every block with no ICD and a nice fat 5K heal on block with 30 sec cd. Now you get no regen and only 5% heal on block with 1 sec ICD. for a warrior in zerker gear you're looking at a 1k heal on block with 1 sec icd . Shield blocks lasts 3 sec but you need to ensure you're getting hit at least 3 times across the entire 3 sec evenly spaced out and all you will get is 3K heal. Whereas previously a single block got you 5K heal.

> >

> > So sorry people defender rune is nerfed for warriors. Sure it got some toughness but now its not good on warrior at all. Its better for classes that have access to lots of aegis or blocks like Firebrand.

> >

>

> One of my warrior builds is sword/shield + mace/sword, I got blocks out the wazoo and it can have more with mace and shield reduction traited along with sbreaker full counters. It's hilarious now with defender runes. Shield block, mace block, offhand sword block, full counter... I'm having some fun with it but that's all it does cos I'm not configured for damage atm. Going to see if I can build it up for damage before any changes to the rune happens but it will probably be more useful on my guard.

So the offhand sword gives you 2 more blocks in 30 sec (1 block 15s cd) so you get another 2k heal. Congrats you now have max 5k heal on full zerk gear every 30 sec. Which matches what the rune did before the patch with just ONE block and you used to get regen as well back then. Plus you are using off hand sword and have to give up greatsword. Its gonna be hard killing anything with that unless you go condi and even then doubtful.

EDIT: I didnt take into account Full Counter. It says "absorb attacks" does that count as a block? I never bothered to check because i always timed my block with shield 5 or mace 2 for defender rune proc. If it is does proc defender rune then yeah thats another almost 3 blocks every 30 sec which is 3k.

> EDIT: I didnt take into account Full Counter. It says "absorb attacks" does that count as a block? I never bothered to check because i always timed my block with shield 5 or mace 2 for defender rune proc. If it is does proc defender rune then yeah thats another almost 3 blocks every 30 sec which is 3k.

It does not. The absorb acts like you just take a hit with endure pain on, and take zero damage.

> @"Arcaedus.7290" said:

>

> > EDIT: I didnt take into account Full Counter. It says "absorb attacks" does that count as a block? I never bothered to check because i always timed my block with shield 5 or mace 2 for defender rune proc. If it is does proc defender rune then yeah thats another almost 3 blocks every 30 sec which is 3k.

>

> It does not. The absorb acts like you just take a hit with endure pain on, and take zero damage.

ok thanks so i stand by my previous statement that Defender runes for warrior is objectively much worse than before.