Anet, please take the extra time to take WvW into consideration

Valentine.2156

It seems that time after time again changes are made to many aspects of the game without consideration to WvW, or the effects it may have on it. The depressing thing is that it seems like even with skill splitting and such this has bled into other parts of the game such as class design and today, runes and sigils. Sanctuary and speed seem like runes that were designed exclusively with pve in mind, yet they are not adjusted in any way for pvp or wvw. The large amounts of free stats added to many runes may not matter in pve, but cement a philosophy of "dude more power lmao" in pvp and wvw. It feels like some form of rune splitting is in order at this point honestly.

The OP was expecting nothing. They offered a reasoned response to something that likely has them somewhat cheesed off.

It’s the type of feedback we’ve been asked to give.

And further skill splits/mode splits would be greatly welcomed.

@"Valentine.1234" I would also love to see continued mode splits for skills, sigils, runes, and if possible, food and tools.

Honestly, it could be a cleaner way to keep balance. Though not sure how much is possible.

Speed runes are capped so the runes really only help in combat speed and at the expense of a considerable DPS loss compared to other runes. Sanctuary is really an issue with Grit which is likely to be patched at some point. All-in-all a massive set of rune/sigil changes and very few OP issues fell out.

I actually like that a lot of the runes have the +10% health and +125 toughness bonuses. Everything does _so much_ damage since PoF, it's nice to see runes allowing us to add extra cushion to our builds.

Although I understand it's still power creep, it's probably easier to add some extra health and toughness to certain runes than it is to nerf a metric ton of skills across all professions.

There are some bugged/poorly balanced issues with certain runes and sigils right now, yes, but otherwise I like a lot of the changes.

I believe they will fine tune the runes on the next patch, well, if they do behave like a standard balance team.

I see that most runes are tweaked to give more sustain and make certain classes more viable but time will tell.

The sigil is tweaked to give absolute damage instead of chance, well, this make sense from the balance perspective. It is easier to control.

A few friends convinced me to try wvw out. Meh, over time I began to enjoy it. Then, came along a couple of guilds and their leaders that ruined it for so many of us. Children to in a sandbox mentality. Quit for a year, was convinced to come back with the new changes. Again, really began to enjoy it. Permanent invisibility and over powered deadeye, scourge spamming resulted in a significant drop off of players. Shocking numbers! WvW has become stale. Needs new maps, environmental adjustments, a random event where warring servers could unite, perhaps build? Engineers ability to steal left behind siege engines, towing engines, stealing left behind supplies? Something. Must re define commander tags and what it means to be one?

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> I actually like that a lot of the runes have the +10% health and +125 toughness bonuses. Everything does _so much_ damage since PoF, it's nice to see runes allowing us to add extra cushion to our builds.

>

> Although I understand it's still power creep, it's probably easier to add some extra health and toughness to certain runes than it is to nerf a metric ton of skills across all professions.

>

> There are some bugged/poorly balanced issues with certain runes and sigils right now, yes, but otherwise I like a lot of the changes.

What's great is that you can just have your entire zerg run sanctuary runes and monk on the healers. So instead of gaining a little cushion, all this change did was allow entire zergs to gain massive damage by running pure zerkers and lose no sustain. If you aren't running sanctuary runes, you can't even compete right now.