Dungeons Poll

UnbentMars.9126

When the announcement was made to cease production/maintenance of dungeon content in favor of Fractals, the two main reasons given by ANET were:

1. Making 3 - 4 paths within each dungeon was time and resource-consuming

2. Making armor/weapon sets for each dungeon ate up resources better spent on creating content.

While I understand the reasoning, I'm also curious if people would be interested in new Dungeons without those items or if people need Dungeons to fit the same mold as the originals, or if people are simply happy with the existing model

I'm happy with the state of instanced content in GW2. We have fractals for 5-man and more casual instanced content, and we have raids for more coordinated group efforts. That isn't to say that there aren't improvements that could be made to reward schemes or encounter designs or whatever, but fractals are way better than dungeons ever were and I'm really happy with the overall direction and story.

They need to start making dungeons again, they were a much more cohesive experience than fractals, and more accessible instanced content is desperately needed.

If they could make a specialized raid team that supposedly did all that by themselves like people claim, they can make a similar team for dungeons as well.

I'd take it without armors if I had to, but I very very much so want more dungeons. Fractals are basically dungeons except they don't matter in the world. But the fractals team could totally make dungeons, and Itd help make the main story deeper by giving explanations

Dungeons are all about being part of the Living World in this game, including multiple branching paths and the possibility to discover a new one when some event happens in the world. They started with Aether Path in TA and I'd have liked it if they had continued it that way. New armor sets would be cool for the possible new skins alone but not as important to me.

> @Henry.5713 said:

> Dungeons are all about being part of the Living World in this game, including multiple branching paths and the possibility to discover a new one when some event happens in the world. They started with Aether Path in TA and I'd have liked it if they had continued it that way. New armor sets would be cool for the possible new skins alone but not as important to me.

Actually they started much earlier than Aether Path, their first after-release dungeon was the Molten Facility (now it's split in 2 fractals) and then Aetherblade Retreat (also split in 2 fractals now)

They both had many unique skins and rewards not available anywhere else and worked in a very similar way to dungeons, but none of them had multiple paths.

Also remember the uproar about "Canach's dungeon" during the Last Stand at Southsun release? It had the word "dungeon" but it was a solo boss fight.

Dungeons were part of the game's release schedule for a time. If they ever came back they'd be as part of the Living World so highly unlikely to have multiple paths or complete new armor sets but rather one path that ties with the current story and some unique skins to go for.

Aetherpath and Molten Facility were fully fleshed out dungeons and were both appreciated. They were way longer than the sorry excuse we have as fractals now. A shame that we don't have the original ones. Why did they remove them? It was great flavour and the entrances were somewhere in the world. Such a shame...

I think not getting at least one new full dungeon per expansion with multiple paths and its own gear set is a little ridiculous. I don't care what anyone says - good instanced content is important for the game, and FoTM really doesn't have the immersive quality to compensate for never adding new real dungeons.

I would actually rather they just stop doing raids and resume doing traditional dungeons.

edit - part of me feels I misvoted. If the alternative is never getting new real dungeons, I'd gladly accept dungeons not having multiple paths and their own equipment sets. Fractals just aren't good enough to satisfy any real desire for dungeon exploration.

I don't care what's in them. I just want them.

I'm used to MMOs now like ESO where they add a complete new dungeon every 3 hours... (ok, not that fast, but the selection is HUGE and always growing), or FFXIV where every *.x patch adds 1 to 3 dungeons - giving us on average.... 2 every 3 months.

Here... nothing since 2013, unless you count fractals - which should count, but the 'tiering up' of Fractals makes them less accessible (less people running any given level range of them - the community is too split up).

So, I picked "If new dungeons are made, they do not need multiple paths or unique armor/weapon sets." - because I just want the content. The reward is just being able to play the content...

I'd _prefer_ if they had unique armor and weapon sets, but it's not a must. Multiple paths would be fun as well, but I'd rather just see new dungeons being added.

It would be nice, however, with achievements linked to the dungeon that would require you to run it a few times in order to complete the achievement. Another idea that I've seen some mention in the forum is the addition of duo dungeons. I think that's a great idea, since the main problem with dungeons is finding a group.

There isn't an option for them to just rework the original dungeons. Because I feel that has more long term value to the game than new Dungeons. But I'm also interested in a Hard Mode version of each dungeon that rewards more tokens and unlocked an Elite version of each of the Dungeon's unique armor. They don't have to look majorly different. They could be like how they did Elonian and Spearmartial armor. Make those sets really expensive to get and take a lot of dedication and time!

In my opinion the concept of "dungeons" should be taken back to scratch. They are completly outdated and kind of redundant with the implementation of fractals.

So I would like them to step back from the "multiple path" - dungeon which is just a longer fractal (or shorter and easier raid) and focus more on the exploration aspect (which they promised on release but never delievered). Making them a bit more like the elite regions in GW1, more you basically had a whole map filled with encounters and tried to stay alive (and got kicked out when your group wiped ;) ). That would make them differ from fractals/raids.

My idea of new dungeons would be a collection of multiple dungeons, that have one combined pool of rewards. For example each of the PoF maps would have one dungeons. Those five dungeons all give the same currency. With the currency you could buy weapons, that are associated with the content of all five dungeons.

Those dungeons could tell the story of the Durmand Priory researching old ruins or what ever makes sens.

Edit: Obviously those dungeons most hold up to the quality of the fractals, in order to still be enjoyable.

> @npmis.7860 said:

> My idea of new dungeons would be a collection of multiple dungeons, that have one combined pool of rewards. For example each of the PoF maps would have one dungeons. Those five dungeons all give the same currency. With the currency you could buy weapons, that are associated with the content of all five dungeons.

>

> Those dungeons could tell the story of the Durmand Priory researching old ruins or what ever makes sens.

>

> Edit: Obviously those dungeons most hold up to the quality of the fractals, in order to still be enjoyable.

>

So in a sense we still get unique skins but in a different way. That seems cool :)