Leave your necro's, play ranger

Lexan.5930

With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

better healing

better power damage

better condi damage

more mobility

better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

>

> Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

> better healing

> better power damage

> better condi damage

> more mobility

> better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

>

>

Why not just leave the game, these devs are so incompetent this will happen again and again. Stop rewarding their behavior by patronizing their game.

> @"caias.5346" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> >

> > Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

> > better healing

> > better power damage

> > better condi damage

> > more mobility

> > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> >

> >

>

> Why not just leave the game, these devs are so incompetent this will happen again and again. Stop rewarding their behavior by patronizing their game.

Because if there's 1 thing necro mains are good at, its clinging to the vain hope that the class won't be such a hot mess one day

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"caias.5346" said:

> > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> > >

> > > Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

> > > better healing

> > > better power damage

> > > better condi damage

> > > more mobility

> > > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why not just leave the game, these devs are so incompetent this will happen again and again. Stop rewarding their behavior by patronizing their game.

>

> Because if there's 1 thing necro mains are good at, its clinging to the vain hope that the class won't be such a hot mess one day

while i'll still play necro for fun and since i have the most invested into it i've given up hope it'll be anything other than "completely broken strongest class in the game" as mighty teapot says or a hot mess of low damage, low suervivability and low desire in most game modes unless it has a babysitter.

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > > @"caias.5346" said:

> > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> > > >

> > > > Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

> > > > better healing

> > > > better power damage

> > > > better condi damage

> > > > more mobility

> > > > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Why not just leave the game, these devs are so incompetent this will happen again and again. Stop rewarding their behavior by patronizing their game.

> >

> > Because if there's 1 thing necro mains are good at, its clinging to the vain hope that the class won't be such a hot mess one day

>

> while i'll still play necro for fun and since i have the most invested into it i've given up hope it'll be anything other than "completely broken strongest class in the game" as mighty teapot says or a hot mess of low damage, low suervivability and low desire in most game modes unless it has a babysitter.

thing is tho is that 80% of this games content IS PVE so it should be that every class should be at least viable in it, but no because of crybabies in PVP and WvW necro can never have the PVE spotlight for long until they are hit with the nerf nuke

> @"caias.5346" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> >

> > better healing

> > better power damage

> > better condi damage

> > more mobility

> > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> >

> >

>

> Why not just leave the game, these devs are so incompetent this will happen again and again. Stop rewarding their behavior by patronizing their game.

The only reason I'm still playing guildwars, is because I got a lot of friends there.

I hate the scourge builds for wvw. Because it's all the time hybrid dmg (just remember cele-reaper in hot)

And in pve necro isn't allowed to have good damage because then community that isn't main necro, cries like little baby's for necro nerf

I was a Necro main for about 2 years before I deleted my necro. First class I ever fell in love with sad that Anet just destroyed that over the time for me. Nowadays I mainly play Guardian and I will lvl up a new Soulbeast and Holo soon. Maybe I will find a class that comes close to that feeling I had for the necro class back then.

> @"caias.5346" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> >

> > better healing

> > better power damage

> > better condi damage

> > more mobility

> >

> >

>

if they keep nerfing necro and forcing people into classes they dont want to play.. thats going to happen very soon

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

>

> Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

> better healing

> better power damage

> better condi damage

> more mobility

> better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

>

>

You can keep it. Most of us if we wanted to main ranger already would be if not already.

I don't need better always ever. Sometimes it isn't as important to be the best but to enjoy what you have.

Not everyone is trying to min/max themselves into oblivion.

If you must do it go do it but could you leave it to that?

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> >

> > better healing

> > better power damage

> > better condi damage

> > more mobility

> >

> >

>

> You can keep it. Most of us if we wanted to main ranger already would be if not already.

>

> I don't need better always ever. Sometimes it isn't as important to be the best but to enjoy what you have.

>

> Not everyone is trying to min/max themselves into oblivion.

>

> If you must do it go do it but could you leave it to that?

Totally agree with this.

I don't care for min/maxing either I care about fun and both Necro and Ranger are classes I find a lot of fun to play and have a lot of build potential when it comes to that.

> @"Fluxxar.3692" said:

> I was a Necro main for about 2 years before I deleted my necro. First class I ever fell in love with sad that Anet just destroyed that over the time for me. Nowadays I mainly play Guardian and I will lvl up a new Soulbeast and Holo soon. Maybe I will find a class that comes close to that feeling I had for the necro class back then.

Depending on what I'm doing, I usually opt for Guardian or Ranger. The guardian is tankier. The ranger is easy to keep safe in most world boss fights and tags mobs easier.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> > >

> > > better healing

> > > more mobility

> > > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You can keep it. Most of us if we wanted to main ranger already would be if not already.

> >

> > I don't need better always ever. Sometimes it isn't as important to be the best but to enjoy what you have.

> >

> > Not everyone is trying to min/max themselves into oblivion.

> >

> > If you must do it go do it but could you leave it to that?

>

> Totally agree with this.

>

> I don't care for min/maxing either I care about fun and both Necro and Ranger are classes I find a lot of fun to play and have a lot of build potential when it comes to that.

Ive always felt that necro has the most build potential in the game because its not currently locked into any traitlines. It use to be locked into soul reaping till the vital vital persistence change.

If I recall ranger is still locked into beast mastery at all times. or something like that. could be wrong though.

Necro and rangers are nothing alike.

If you wanna focus on single target dmg go ranger.

If you wanna focus on AoE damage go with necro.

Both are good in their respective areas as both power, condi and healers.

So they are meta in their respective areas.

WvW: Necro -> Zergs, Ranger - > Roam

PvP: Necro -> 2vX, Ranger -> 1v1/1v2.

Raids/fracs: Necro - > CondiUtility AoE pressure&support, Ranger - > single target damage and/or support through dmgbuffs/heals.

Open World: both great.

Whats the problem?

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> > > >

> > > > better healing

> > > > more mobility

> > > > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You can keep it. Most of us if we wanted to main ranger already would be if not already.

> > >

> > > I don't need better always ever. Sometimes it isn't as important to be the best but to enjoy what you have.

> > >

> > > Not everyone is trying to min/max themselves into oblivion.

> > >

> > > If you must do it go do it but could you leave it to that?

> >

> > Totally agree with this.

> >

> > I don't care for min/maxing either I care about fun and both Necro and Ranger are classes I find a lot of fun to play and have a lot of build potential when it comes to that.

>

> Ive always felt that necro has the most build potential in the game because its not currently locked into any traitlines. It use to be locked into soul reaping till the vital vital persistence change.

>

> If I recall ranger is still locked into beast mastery at all times. or something like that. could be wrong though.

I dunno about that.. I've got a few Rangers and some use Beast Mastery but some don't.

My Main Ranger uses Marksman, Wilderness Survival and Nature Magic I think.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> > > > >

> > > > > Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

> > > > > better healing

> > > > > better power damage

> > > > > better condi damage

> > > > > more mobility

> > > > > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You can keep it. Most of us if we wanted to main ranger already would be if not already.

> > > >

> > > > I don't need better always ever. Sometimes it isn't as important to be the best but to enjoy what you have.

> > > >

> > > > Not everyone is trying to min/max themselves into oblivion.

> > > >

> > > > If you must do it go do it but could you leave it to that?

> > >

> > > Totally agree with this.

> > >

> > > I don't care for min/maxing either I care about fun and both Necro and Ranger are classes I find a lot of fun to play and have a lot of build potential when it comes to that.

> >

> > Ive always felt that necro has the most build potential in the game because its not currently locked into any traitlines. It use to be locked into soul reaping till the vital vital persistence change.

> >

> > If I recall ranger is still locked into beast mastery at all times. or something like that. could be wrong though.

>

> I dunno about that.. I've got a few Rangers and some use Beast Mastery but some don't.

> My Main Ranger uses Marksman, Wilderness Survival and Nature Magic I think.

Necro used to have more build options than many professions because all were equally bad. With specializations, that flexibility is no longer a thing.

> @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > @"caias.5346" said:

> > >

> > > better healing

> > > more mobility

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Why not just leave the game, these devs are so incompetent this will happen again and again. Stop rewarding their behavior by patronizing their game.

>

> Because if there's 1 thing necro mains are good at, its clinging to the vain hope that the class won't be such a hot mess one day

this hurts. its so true

> @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > @"Sephylon.4938" said:

> > > @"caias.5346" said:

> > > >

> > > > better healing

> > > > more mobility

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Why not just leave the game, these devs are so incompetent this will happen again and again. Stop rewarding their behavior by patronizing their game.

> >

> > Because if there's 1 thing necro mains are good at, its clinging to the vain hope that the class won't be such a hot mess one day

>

> this hurts. its so true

Not sure who you are referring to since that is pretty much the state it has been in since day one and I don't see many folks actually doing that.

There are many reasons to just play what you feel like we don't need to debate peoples subjective desires and loves, just accept that other people don't want to change for the same reasons the OP posted.

I have no such dreams or hopes nor do I care. It is just a game. Not one I control. I do however control my joy or sadness surrounding it or any other actions I take. I will be playing necro one way or the other good or bad. I do actually have a ranger to I just don't enjoy playing it that much :)

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > > > > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > > > > > With the changes to abrasive grit and other changes to necro over the existance of GW2, it seems clear what I must do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Going to swap my main to a ranger. They do everything better than necro

> > > > > > better healing

> > > > > > better power damage

> > > > > > better condi damage

> > > > > > more mobility

> > > > > > better buffing (thanks to abrasive grit change) but then again they have always been better with warhorn anyway and pet

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You can keep it. Most of us if we wanted to main ranger already would be if not already.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't need better always ever. Sometimes it isn't as important to be the best but to enjoy what you have.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not everyone is trying to min/max themselves into oblivion.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you must do it go do it but could you leave it to that?

> > > >

> > > > Totally agree with this.

> > > >

> > > > I don't care for min/maxing either I care about fun and both Necro and Ranger are classes I find a lot of fun to play and have a lot of build potential when it comes to that.

> > >

> > > Ive always felt that necro has the most build potential in the game because its not currently locked into any traitlines. It use to be locked into soul reaping till the vital vital persistence change.

> > >

> > > If I recall ranger is still locked into beast mastery at all times. or something like that. could be wrong though.

> >

> > I dunno about that.. I've got a few Rangers and some use Beast Mastery but some don't.

> > My Main Ranger uses Marksman, Wilderness Survival and Nature Magic I think.

>

> Necro used to have more build options than many professions because all were equally bad. With specializations, that flexibility is no longer a thing.

That really depends on what you want the build to do.. more so if you're not interested in following Meta Trends and maxing DPS which I would say the vast majority of the player base isn't.

Personally I don't care much for Scourge, I run Reaper even on my condi Necro as I prefer the shroud over the Shades.

Likewise my main Ranger has never been elite spec.. been running the same base Ranger build for many years now (pre HoT) because it just works so well.

You don't need to Spec if you don't want to.