Endless Upgrade Extractor: Cool-down needed

Upgrade extractor doesn't do the very same thing though; It doesn't produce mats from nothing; it needs to be fed with items.

Again, all these items have a one time cost; the difference is that I don't 'feed' my harvesting tool or my node with something to benefit from it. The extractor must be fed. It has a one time cost just like the harvesting tool and the node ... but it doesn't do anything unless you feed it with items.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Upgrade extractor doesn't do the very same thing though; It doesn't produce mats from nothing; it needs to be fed with items.

>

> Again, all these items have a one time cost; the difference is that I don't 'feed' my harvesting tool or my node with something to benefit from it. The extractor must be fed.

and how much does the extraction process cost in copper/silver?

I believe the cost is nothing to extract using the one time cost Endless extractor (I don't actually own one) ... just like the cost to harvest a one time cost node with a one time cost harvesting tool is nothing.

The cost isn't the issue here ... it's the fact that Extractor does not create something from nothing, the tool + node does.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I believe the cost is nothing to extract using the one time cost Endless extractor (I don't actually own one) ... just like the cost to harvest a one time cost node with a one time cost harvesting tool is nothing.

therefore we can safely say that even though it needs to be fed, doesn't have any sort of extraction fee, is endless, has no daily extraction limitations, it can be a 100% gold maker, correct?

That doesn't mean the extractor MAKES gold. You're aware that the value of the item is based on the mats that it contains, RIGHT?

Nodes actually make gold; eventually the mats they provide equal the cost to purchase them; beyond that is profit. The extractor doesn't make gold because the value is already in the item you feed it. If you simply sold that item on the TP with extracting, you would get approximately the same value as separating them and selling them separately.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> That doesn't mean the extractor MAKES gold. You're aware that the value of the item is based on the mats that it contains, RIGHT?

the endless upgrade extractor that doesn't charge a fee for the extraction process, has NO cooldowns/limitations...isn't going to make gold, now? is that what you're trying to tell me? really?

/edit

salvage-o-matics that don't require copper/silver WHEN @Anet?

Yes, that's really what I am saying .. because the value is already in the item you are extracting from; the extractor itself does not create value. I could sell any item with a sigil in it ... I would get about the same amount if I sold the sigil and the item separately.

Unlike nodes where the value is created by the node from nothing through the action of harvesting it.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Yes, that's really what I am saying .. because the value is already in the item you are extracting from; the extractor itself does not create value. I could sell any item with a sigil in it ... I would get about the same amount if I sold the sigil and the item separately.

>

> Unlike nodes where the value is created by the node from nothing through the action of harvesting it.

the value -was- in the item you -were- extracting from. now, it costs REAL MONEY to extract.

> @"AlexndrTheGreat.8310" said:

> Why is it that when people try to ask questions like this and are given actual responses, they proceed to plug their ears and ignore what people are explaining. Lol

no one is plugging any ears. the hard part is getting people to [think outside the box] and |read between the lines|

**That statement doesn't make sense.**

We have already established that all items have an upfront one-time cost and that the extractor does not require any additional gold to use.

The item has a value; when you remove its sigil with the extractor, that item and the sigil still have value that equals that of the original item, within it's TP market price variations.

**The extractor neither MAKES gold nor does it cost any gold per use.**

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> **That statement doesn't make sense.**

>

> We have already established that all items have an upfront one-time cost and that the extractor does not require any additional gold to use.

>

> The item has a value; when you remove its sigil with the extractor, that item and the sigil still have value that equals that of the original item, within it's TP market price variations.

>

> **The extractor neither MAKES gold nor does it cost any gold per use.**

I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

> @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > The price went up because normal salvage kits cant obtain runes anymore.

> >

> > Why would it need a cooldown? Just to make a convenience item less convenient?

> why does my garden plot, that lets me craft ACCOUNT BOUND kitten (2h) primers need to be on a cool-down? just to make a convenience item less convenient?

One is a resource generator, the other a tool.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > Yes, that's really what I am saying .. because the value is already in the item you are extracting from; the extractor itself does not create value. I could sell any item with a sigil in it ... I would get about the same amount if I sold the sigil and the item separately.

> >

> > Unlike nodes where the value is created by the node from nothing through the action of harvesting it.

>

> the value -was- in the item you -were- extracting from. now, it costs REAL MONEY to extract.

>

> > @"AlexndrTheGreat.8310" said:

> > Why is it that when people try to ask questions like this and are given actual responses, they proceed to plug their ears and ignore what people are explaining. Lol

> no one is plugging any ears. the hard part is getting people to [think outside the box] and |read between the lines|

Well if you use the endless extractor one time the cost per use would be 4998g77s and 86c kinda pricey I would say.

Your trying to argue that people buying this shouldent get to use it without a cd?

Were is the cd on your copperfed and silverfed salvage o matic mate? I mean they save you gold/give advantage so instead of having to carry around alot of basic salvage + master kits on each toon or run too a merchant mid meta just to be able to pick up more items.

Edit

What really need to happen is a extract all to save the poor people useing the extractor their hand health.

> I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

The extractor is not "free" just like the Salvage-o-Matics. You have to pay for them. The salvaging tools must have a cost because they produce far too much gold in a short amount of time due to no cool down. Extractors are immensely more expensive and the time it takes to get your money back from selling your extractions is too large for there to be a cost to the item. Harvesting nodes are much cheaper and act like their counter parts while taking little time to harvest. So harvesting tools must cost something. Or do you think permanent harvesting tools are exploiting too?

> @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

>

> The extractor is not "free" just like the Salvage-o-Matics.

How much Copper/Silver does the endless extraction tool cost to use per extraction?

> > @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

> >

> > The extractor is not "free" just like the Salvage-o-Matics.

> How much Copper/Silver does the endless extraction tool cost to use per extraction?

depends on how many extractions you do you have to devide the number of extractions from the gold it cost to buy.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

> > >

> > > The extractor is not "free" just like the Salvage-o-Matics.

> > How much Copper/Silver does the endless extraction tool cost to use per extraction?

>

> depends on how many extractions you do you have to devide the number of extractions from the gold it cost to buy.

and what is the RNG on it?

> How much Copper/Silver does the endless extraction tool cost to use per extraction?

Did you read what I wrote or do I need to quote it? The extraction tools cost far too much time to have an extra cost. Salvaging kits cost little time to produce much larger results.

Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic costs 800gems (about 182g or $10)

Endless Upgrade Extractor Contract cost near 5000g (about 15k gems or $190)

Do you see the difference in upfront cost? One will hurt the game if not charged the other is nothing to worry about.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > **That statement doesn't make sense.**

> >

> > We have already established that all items have an upfront one-time cost and that the extractor does not require any additional gold to use.

> >

> > The item has a value; when you remove its sigil with the extractor, that item and the sigil still have value that equals that of the original item, within it's TP market price variations.

> >

> > **The extractor neither MAKES gold nor does it cost any gold per use.**

> I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

If you are talking about being able to use it on karma gear apparently it isn't an exploit if what this person posted from support is true.

Post from GW2 Reddit moderator stating they asked Anet and was told it is not an exploit.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9xnb0o/you_can_extract_runessigils_from_karma_items_with/e9ui3s1/

Post from same person showing response to support ticket:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9xnb0o/you_can_extract_runessigils_from_karma_items_with/e9vg6ta/

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > @"Zorric.5704" said:

> > > > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > > I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

> > > >

> > > > The extractor is not "free" just like the Salvage-o-Matics.

> > > How much Copper/Silver does the endless extraction tool cost to use per extraction?

> >

> > depends on how many extractions you do you have to devide the number of extractions from the gold it cost to buy.

>

> and what is the RNG on it?

Why do it have to be a rng? You mean they should have a chance to get rare or exotic runes/sigils from green gear?

I bet the people useing that wouldent be against that at all.

I mean thats what you have a chance to get with salvage o matics chance for higher grade materials never a chance to get nothing or lower grade.

I bet thats not what you were thinking about at all but thats what it would be.

If it worked the same as a salvage o matic that it only had a chance to extract runes and sigils, what would be the point of the upgrade extractor?

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > **That statement doesn't make sense.**

> > >

> > > We have already established that all items have an upfront one-time cost and that the extractor does not require any additional gold to use.

> > >

> > > The item has a value; when you remove its sigil with the extractor, that item and the sigil still have value that equals that of the original item, within it's TP market price variations.

> > >

> > > **The extractor neither MAKES gold nor does it cost any gold per use.**

> > I can not discuss it further without getting into how to exploit "free" "unlimited use" i guess Anet will have to figure it out or they themselves might need to think outside the box as well. I'll just ask the curious to use their imaginations on this one and leave it at that.

>

> If you are talking about being able to use it on karma gear apparently it isn't an exploit if what this person posted from support is true.

>

> https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9xnb0o/you_can_extract_runessigils_from_karma_items_with/e9vg6ta/

>

>

tyvm for the link.

> When will the endless upgrade Extractor get a cool-down or is it to late and everything is just fine?

Everything is fine.

I don't know why people, not saying you, waste time with the endless upgrade extractor honestly... I mean it's way more time saving and efficient to extract money from my CC and buy as much gold as I need with gems...

Seriously people, forget about all that extra clicking and dragging and stuff! My extraction methods offer a much much higher RoI AND way less clicking required!

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > **That statement doesn't make sense.**

> >

> > We have already established that all items have an upfront one-time cost and that the extractor does not require any additional gold to use.

> >

> > The item has a value; when you remove its sigil with the extractor, that item and the sigil still have value that equals that of the original item, within it's TP market price variations.

> >

> > **The extractor neither MAKES gold nor does it cost any gold per use.**

Whatever the scenario you have in mind, there is absolutely no justification to make any of the changes you have suggested in this thread. I'm pretty sure there is no way for a player to get 'free' items, put them through the extractor and get a positive net value from it; everything you can salvage in this game, or extract from, has a 'cost', whether you earn it completing content (which is a time costs) or pay for it with a currency, ingame or Real Life conversion to gold.