PoF Story Missions

I'm having difficulty completing the early PoF mission with the sentinels and the veteran officers. I find myself constantly swarmed to the point i break gear. Just trying to get the sentinels in the big room pulls more mobs than i can handle.

Tried multiple build and different weapons on weaver, nothing works. When i ask about it ingame, no one replies. Well one guy replied asking if i wanted help. I asked him how would that work and he didn't reply. I didn't press the matter.

At this point i just don't know anymore...

The mission is Path of Flames / 3. Night of Fire.

The main problem is when the Bastion runs to the center of the area, the reinforcements are on an immediate respawn timer. There's no point in killing them, there isn't even a timer. So you pretty much tank the whole thing hoping you have enough gear pieces to respawn at checkpoint. Also there's a herald fight after that. She didn't down me once in comparison. I noticed you are allowed to mount in the area. It would help as the reinforcements start working on you before you reach bastion and the raptor can get you through that bit faster.

I finished it with 3 damaged and 4 broken. Backpack counts it seems.