Hammer warrior any good in WvW

Junkpile.7439

1 hammer SB can't do much since current boon spam meta. You can do some damage but CC not good as you thought since opponents always have endless stability/resistance. You need at least 3+ hammer SB together to become more effective.

S/A + GS is always underestimated but my favorite. especially you can cast axe 4+5 spontaneously (axe4 and then instantly 5, both skills will be activated together with quickness). Never mention if you use it on a dark field (thx necro for tons of wells), you will have thief's elite skill (dagger storm) with only 12 sec CD.

> @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

>

> with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

> >

> > with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

>

> What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

face a zerg with good positioning or and has specced ranged damage and it will make a space for your zerg and them. so your gs/hammer warrior is useless and obviously, you cannot just solo charge versus a mapqueue zerg.

and yeah, of course, when your zerg is swimming in their red circles and face smashing them, just doing 11111 hammer + specced trait will fill up your adren in no time.

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

> > >

> > > with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

> >

> > What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

>

> face a zerg with good positioning or and has specced ranged damage and it will make a space for your zerg and them. so your gs/hammer warrior is useless and obviously, you cannot just solo charge versus a mapqueue zerg.

>

> and yeah, of course, when your zerg is swimming in their red circles and face smashing them, just doing 11111 hammer + specced trait will fill up your adren in no time.

Hammer+ranged weapon.... Aka the slowest useless thing in the game? Having 0 mobility on warrior in wvw is a no no imo.

I still like to play a shout variant in zergs. Never has any problems with adrenalin gain, especially with horn.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

> > > >

> > > > with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

> > >

> > > What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

> >

> > face a zerg with good positioning or and has specced ranged damage and it will make a space for your zerg and them. so your gs/hammer warrior is useless and obviously, you cannot just solo charge versus a mapqueue zerg.

> >

> > and yeah, of course, when your zerg is swimming in their red circles and face smashing them, just doing 11111 hammer + specced trait will fill up your adren in no time.

>

> Hammer+ranged weapon.... Aka the slowest useless thing in the game? Having 0 mobility on warrior in wvw is a no no imo.

>

> I still like to play a shout variant in zergs. Never has any problems with adrenalin gain, especially with horn.

>

look at the Original Post and find the word "zerg" in it.

Congrats, you found it.

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > > i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

> > > > >

> > > > > with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

> > > >

> > > > What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

> > >

> > > face a zerg with good positioning or and has specced ranged damage and it will make a space for your zerg and them. so your gs/hammer warrior is useless and obviously, you cannot just solo charge versus a mapqueue zerg.

> > >

> > > and yeah, of course, when your zerg is swimming in their red circles and face smashing them, just doing 11111 hammer + specced trait will fill up your adren in no time.

> >

> > Hammer+ranged weapon.... Aka the slowest useless thing in the game? Having 0 mobility on warrior in wvw is a no no imo.

> >

> > I still like to play a shout variant in zergs. Never has any problems with adrenalin gain, especially with horn.

> >

>

> look at the Original Post and find the word "zerg" in it.

>

> Congrats, you found it.

What is your point tho?

Hammer+ranged is simply bad, even while running in a zerg. Not to mention that bow and rifle are just trash weapons imo

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

> > > > >

> > > > > with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

> > > >

> > > > What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

> > >

> > > face a zerg with good positioning or and has specced ranged damage and it will make a space for your zerg and them. so your gs/hammer warrior is useless and obviously, you cannot just solo charge versus a mapqueue zerg.

> > >

> > > and yeah, of course, when your zerg is swimming in their red circles and face smashing them, just doing 11111 hammer + specced trait will fill up your adren in no time.

> >

> > Hammer+ranged weapon.... Aka the slowest useless thing in the game? Having 0 mobility on warrior in wvw is a no no imo.

> >

> > I still like to play a shout variant in zergs. Never has any problems with adrenalin gain, especially with horn.

> >

>

> look at the Original Post and find the word "zerg" in it.

>

> Congrats, you found it.

The fact that you even think about using a warrior range weapon in wvw (zerg or not) is crazy.

especially when its not your main tactic.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > > > i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

> > > > >

> > > > > What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

> > > >

> > > > face a zerg with good positioning or and has specced ranged damage and it will make a space for your zerg and them. so your gs/hammer warrior is useless and obviously, you cannot just solo charge versus a mapqueue zerg.

> > > >

> > > > and yeah, of course, when your zerg is swimming in their red circles and face smashing them, just doing 11111 hammer + specced trait will fill up your adren in no time.

> > >

> > > Hammer+ranged weapon.... Aka the slowest useless thing in the game? Having 0 mobility on warrior in wvw is a no no imo.

> > >

> > > I still like to play a shout variant in zergs. Never has any problems with adrenalin gain, especially with horn.

> > >

> >

> > look at the Original Post and find the word "zerg" in it.

> >

> > Congrats, you found it.

>

> What is your point tho?

> Hammer+ranged is simply bad, even while running in a zerg. Not to mention that bow and rifle are just trash weapons imo

what's the point? your hammer/rifle warrior, piled in a zerg, will get SWIFTNESS almost all of the time.

that's the point.

and what do you do with the space between you and the other zerg? CLUE: THE BULLET FROM THE RIFLE FLIES.

AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS, YOU CAN EITHER GET ADRENALINE OR BETTER YET, WXP.

AND WHEN IT GETS DRRRTY, THAT'S WHEN YOU SWAP WEAPONS.

AND YEA, I HEARD FIRING KILLSHOT ON AN ENEMY MILLIMETERS AWAY FROM YOU WILL MAKE THE BULLET EXPLODE FROM THE INNARDS.

> @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > > > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > > > > > > i think that Hammer is better paired with a long ranged weapon. Like the long ranged weapon is the adrenaline builder then smash away.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with Hammer/GS, you need to be hit to build adren (specced trait). but with that specced trait and long ranged weapon, adren can build up faster.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What? The moment you are in range of anything you have full adrenaline. Break Enchantments is something you spam anyway and it gives you full adrenaline every time you use it. Warriors not having adrenaline when they want to is a myth.

> > > > >

> > > > > face a zerg with good positioning or and has specced ranged damage and it will make a space for your zerg and them. so your gs/hammer warrior is useless and obviously, you cannot just solo charge versus a mapqueue zerg.

> > > > >

> > > > > and yeah, of course, when your zerg is swimming in their red circles and face smashing them, just doing 11111 hammer + specced trait will fill up your adren in no time.

> > > >

> > > > Hammer+ranged weapon.... Aka the slowest useless thing in the game? Having 0 mobility on warrior in wvw is a no no imo.

> > > >

> > > > I still like to play a shout variant in zergs. Never has any problems with adrenalin gain, especially with horn.

> > > >

> > >

> > > look at the Original Post and find the word "zerg" in it.

> > >

> > > Congrats, you found it.

> >

> > What is your point tho?

> > Hammer+ranged is simply bad, even while running in a zerg. Not to mention that bow and rifle are just trash weapons imo

>

> what's the point? your hammer/rifle warrior, piled in a zerg, will get SWIFTNESS almost all of the time.

>

> that's the point.

>

> and what do you do with the space between you and the other zerg? CLUE: THE BULLET FROM THE RIFLE FLIES.

>

> AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS, YOU CAN EITHER GET ADRENALINE OR BETTER YET, WXP.

>

> AND WHEN IT GETS DRRRTY, THAT'S WHEN YOU SWAP WEAPONS.

>

> AND YEA, I HEARD FIRING KILLSHOT ON AN ENEMY MILLIMETERS AWAY FROM YOU WILL MAKE THE BULLET EXPLODE FROM THE INNARDS.

Nice capslock bro, doesnt rly make your argument better tho. Ive played enough wvw, main warrior to know that this is a bad build. But whatever floats your boat. If you think you need a rifle i guess you need a rifle.

I see that you obviousky dont have alot of wvw experience so im not even gonna bother... Have a nice day my pewpewing friend

Hey ! Ye,s hammer is in fact the best SB warrior weapon for zerg vs zerg regarding of how much AOE cc boonstrip and decent dmg it provides, no other weapon allows you to synergyze that well with spellbreaker specialization via Dispelling Force + Attacker's Insight and therefore Loss Aversion, hammer also benefit the most from Burst skill refresh mechanic since it provides more than just dammage but also aoe stun, and is amazing with the new Sigil of Absorption wich **steal 3 boons on interupt w/o icd . **

Now, as @Ronnie Hu said, with this build your primary role is to provide CC and boonstrip, dammage is secondary but if you play really well you should be often in the top dmg of your squad.

@CRrabbit While on paper Axe offhand sell some dream, in reality it is just meh, 5 Radius is small and even with celerity you are canalising a spell for 2 whole second in melee unable to dodge or cast almost any other spell, like asking to be cced and killed (for comparison, have you never been cced while casting Winds trying to initiate an impact ? well cast time is 1 and half a second. axe is 3 and a half) not to mention that in the same amount of time you can just F1 FC F1 Whirl with GS for x3 more dammage, more aoe evade frames and so on.

Also you are basically sacrificing at least 3 of your 6 weapons weapon skills just for the purpose of wielding an axe, because let's be honest sword skills are just bad in zergs you wont use autoattack never F1 save 2 just for escape or initate and maybe 3 sometimes ?

And what are the synergies with your traits ? nothing with SB, i guess you take Axe mastery over Burst mastery means less dmg on GS and harder to regain adrenaline?

So yeah overall axe offhand is meh imo if not straight up bad.

@luzonophir so you got banned but i'm still going to share my toughts about spellbreaker hammer/rifle: it is bad because as @RedShark said 0 mobility spells, means if the fight is heaven the instant you get pinned on point you will be doomed to death, also only single target dammage little cc no utility of any kind, the dmg you do while boths zerg are zoning 1K2 with your rifle i will do twice more on the 20sec impact with my hammer/greatsword combination.

BUT, warrior rifle is very strong and legit af for pvp or smale scale roaming, i encourage you to check

for more info about the build and gameplay.

@zionophir I think you are misunderstanding movement speed and mobility spells (leap rush etc) obviously having swiftness is not enough to escape safely.

Now about adrenaline @luzonophir @Blocki i guess you guys are talking about Cleasing Ire wich is a strong trait indeed, but should not be taken at all over Last Stand because you are usually running 2 stances if not 3 + Lesser Endure Pain + Last Stand itself wich make it waaaay more valuable for the +25% duration almost permavigor buff and 5sec autostab.

While having adrenaline in a fight is not a problem, having some before impact can be, and Break Enchantments need to be used in melee range since the radius is small, + you usually want to engage with hammer F1 make it not a viable answer, the solution is to use Berserker Stance offensively, it will fill entierly your adrenaline right before impact.

So to sum up: imo Spellbreaker build in zerg vs zerg scale is about self survavibility/sustain, CC and boonstrip, and some good dammage. Hammer ftw !

It is not not a main dammage dealer nor a ranged class, if you want to deal huge dammage just play Rev Weaver or Scourge, if you want to pewpew just go Soulbeast Longbow.

I think guardian hammer is better.

the warrior one is ok, the build is fine I find the weapon attacks clunky its more suited to timing and pvp.

there are some good gs -hammer old school players in wvw , that also play alot of pvp.....

nothing wrong with rifle I lose track of the stomps I've stopped with push, or the dodges I've used to stay alive.

> @"hOpe.6180" said:

> Hey ! Ye,s hammer is in fact the best SB warrior weapon for zerg vs zerg regarding of how much AOE cc boonstrip and decent dmg it provides, no other weapon allows you to synergyze that well with spellbreaker specialization via Dispelling Force + Attacker's Insight and therefore Loss Aversion, hammer also benefit the most from Burst skill refresh mechanic since it provides more than just dammage but also aoe stun, and is amazing with the new Sigil of Absorption wich **steal 3 boons on interupt w/o icd . **

>

> Now, as @Ronnie Hu said, with this build your primary role is to provide CC and boonstrip, dammage is secondary but if you play really well you should be often in the top dmg of your squad.

>

> @CRrabbit While on paper Axe offhand sell some dream, in reality it is just meh, 5 Radius is small and even with celerity you are canalising a spell for 2 whole second in melee unable to dodge or cast almost any other spell, like asking to be cced and killed (for comparison, have you never been cced while casting Winds trying to initiate an impact ? well cast time is 1 and half a second. axe is 3 and a half) not to mention that in the same amount of time you can just F1 FC F1 Whirl with GS for x3 more dammage, more aoe evade frames and so on.

> Also you are basically sacrificing at least 3 of your 6 weapons weapon skills just for the purpose of wielding an axe, because let's be honest sword skills are just bad in zergs you wont use autoattack never F1 save 2 just for escape or initate and maybe 3 sometimes ?

> And what are the synergies with your traits ? nothing with SB, i guess you take Axe mastery over Burst mastery means less dmg on GS and harder to regain adrenaline?

> So yeah overall axe offhand is meh imo if not straight up bad.

>

> @luzonophir so you got banned but i'm still going to share my toughts about spellbreaker hammer/rifle: it is bad because as @RedShark said 0 mobility spells, means if the fight is heaven the instant you get pinned on point you will be doomed to death, also only single target dammage little cc no utility of any kind, the dmg you do while boths zerg are zoning 1K2 with your rifle i will do twice more on the 20sec impact with my hammer/greatsword combination.

> BUT, warrior rifle is very strong and legit af for pvp or smale scale roaming, i encourage you to check

>

> @zionophir I think you are misunderstanding movement speed and mobility spells (leap rush etc) obviously having swiftness is not enough to escape safely.

>

> Now about adrenaline @luzonophir @Blocki i guess you guys are talking about Cleasing Ire wich is a strong trait indeed, but should not be taken at all over Last Stand because you are usually running 2 stances if not 3 + Lesser Endure Pain + Last Stand itself wich make it waaaay more valuable for the +25% duration almost permavigor buff and 5sec autostab.

> While having adrenaline in a fight is not a problem, having some before impact can be, and Break Enchantments need to be used in melee range since the radius is small, + you usually want to engage with hammer F1 make it not a viable answer, the solution is to use Berserker Stance offensively, it will fill entierly your adrenaline right before impact.

>

> So to sum up: imo Spellbreaker build in zerg vs zerg scale is about self survavibility/sustain, CC and boonstrip, and some good dammage. Hammer ftw !

> It is not not a main dammage dealer nor a ranged class, if you want to deal huge dammage just play Rev Weaver or Scourge, if you want to pewpew just go Soulbeast Longbow.

Killshot PIERCES, if Traited. Rifle 2 even pierces. So effin shoot 1, it will damage some. and effin use killshot in a stacked zerg, possibility is that youll deal 40k hitpoints from multiple targets.

That if you can go Pure Zerkers hammer/rifle without dying a lot.

obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.

> @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > @"hOpe.6180" said:

> > Hey ! Ye,s hammer is in fact the best SB warrior weapon for zerg vs zerg regarding of how much AOE cc boonstrip and decent dmg it provides, no other weapon allows you to synergyze that well with spellbreaker specialization via Dispelling Force + Attacker's Insight and therefore Loss Aversion, hammer also benefit the most from Burst skill refresh mechanic since it provides more than just dammage but also aoe stun, and is amazing with the new Sigil of Absorption wich **steal 3 boons on interupt w/o icd . **

> >

> > Now, as @Ronnie Hu said, with this build your primary role is to provide CC and boonstrip, dammage is secondary but if you play really well you should be often in the top dmg of your squad.

> >

> > @CRrabbit While on paper Axe offhand sell some dream, in reality it is just meh, 5 Radius is small and even with celerity you are canalising a spell for 2 whole second in melee unable to dodge or cast almost any other spell, like asking to be cced and killed (for comparison, have you never been cced while casting Winds trying to initiate an impact ? well cast time is 1 and half a second. axe is 3 and a half) not to mention that in the same amount of time you can just F1 FC F1 Whirl with GS for x3 more dammage, more aoe evade frames and so on.

> > Also you are basically sacrificing at least 3 of your 6 weapons weapon skills just for the purpose of wielding an axe, because let's be honest sword skills are just bad in zergs you wont use autoattack never F1 save 2 just for escape or initate and maybe 3 sometimes ?

> > And what are the synergies with your traits ? nothing with SB, i guess you take Axe mastery over Burst mastery means less dmg on GS and harder to regain adrenaline?

> > So yeah overall axe offhand is meh imo if not straight up bad.

> >

> > @luzonophir so you got banned but i'm still going to share my toughts about spellbreaker hammer/rifle: it is bad because as @RedShark said 0 mobility spells, means if the fight is heaven the instant you get pinned on point you will be doomed to death, also only single target dammage little cc no utility of any kind, the dmg you do while boths zerg are zoning 1K2 with your rifle i will do twice more on the 20sec impact with my hammer/greatsword combination.

> > BUT, warrior rifle is very strong and legit af for pvp or smale scale roaming, i encourage you to check

> >

> > @zionophir I think you are misunderstanding movement speed and mobility spells (leap rush etc) obviously having swiftness is not enough to escape safely.

> >

> > Now about adrenaline @luzonophir @Blocki i guess you guys are talking about Cleasing Ire wich is a strong trait indeed, but should not be taken at all over Last Stand because you are usually running 2 stances if not 3 + Lesser Endure Pain + Last Stand itself wich make it waaaay more valuable for the +25% duration almost permavigor buff and 5sec autostab.

> > While having adrenaline in a fight is not a problem, having some before impact can be, and Break Enchantments need to be used in melee range since the radius is small, + you usually want to engage with hammer F1 make it not a viable answer, the solution is to use Berserker Stance offensively, it will fill entierly your adrenaline right before impact.

> >

> > So to sum up: imo Spellbreaker build in zerg vs zerg scale is about self survavibility/sustain, CC and boonstrip, and some good dammage. Hammer ftw !

> > It is not not a main dammage dealer nor a ranged class, if you want to deal huge dammage just play Rev Weaver or Scourge, if you want to pewpew just go Soulbeast Longbow.

>

> Killshot PIERCES, if Traited. Rifle 2 even pierces. So effin shoot 1, it will damage some. and effin use killshot in a stacked zerg, possibility is that youll deal 40k hitpoints from multiple targets.

>

> That if you can go Pure Zerkers hammer/rifle without dying a lot.

>

> obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.

Important WvW Rule:

If a Projectile Based build becomes dangerous enough to make a difference then it automatically becomes useless because your enemy will start using reflects.

I mean there is a good reason Projectile based builds were never used in WvW Zergs.

But ok. Play your Rifle Build.

Lets just hope im on the other side of Rifle.

One less enemy i have to worry about.

Hammer warrior can be good if you have a whole built zerg running with you but I gotta warn you on your own you will be insanely easy to kill. You basically can not do anything solo.

If you don't mind my suggestion? Don't play spellbreaker in any competitive mode anymore in anyway, they're complete and utter trash now and you're far FAR better off running core a/s gs.