-Serious- Everyones thoughts on Beetle Racing at least 30k+ prize pool in ~1 month?

Nos.9803

No one cares to watch, or likes to watch 5v5 conquest.

Only NOW does A-net begin to support 2v2 something that is bound to grow in popularity, however it’s still not designed for people to easily queue into those kind of matches except for specific times; giving limited options to even practice. Also balance is still designed around 5v5 and not 2v2 so this evolution will be slow.

I probably wont participate, however racing is easier to watch, and more compelling to the masses than 5v5 conquest. The current barrier to entry is much lower. You win and lose based on your OWN merits not that of team. Also this is a scene to grow as opposed to our dwindling 5v5 scene. There are also no balance issues to gripe about. I fully support A-net supporting this.

The money would have been good to support pvp, but it also would have been good if they didn’t go all in on 5v5 design.

no way will anet add more to racing. they are done with it. just like all content in game, they make it spend a little effort then forget about it.

as for me i have no desire to do races. if i want to play racing games i would do that not one in an mmo. so yea dont plan to even try it, not my thing. also doesnt really affect me. if people like it good for them. enjoy.

> @"Substance E.4852" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > the need for the game to be multifaceted with broad appeal with a wider variety of content.

>

> The game's about as themepark'y as it can get without collapsing under it's own weight.

>

> If anything it needs more focused development. Feature creep is real and one of GW2's biggest problems.

>

SOME PEOPLE

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > (~~No one cares~~) ~~I don't care~~ Only a very small relatively insignificant portion of the installed userbase, that hardly brings in new eyes after years (one of the key corner stones of e-sports) cares to watch, or like to watch 5v5 conquest.

> Fixed it for you. You are welcome.

>

>

Thanks, but it needed a little bit more of a touch up.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> There's no competition in PvP atm. It would be an easy $30k for whatever teams win the monthlies.

Exactly why the OP is so mad about it, free money went to something else instead of his stacked team in a dead PvP game.

$30k prize pool will not rejuvenate this PvP game mode , it's been long dead and will continue to decline.

> @"Bossun.2046" said:

> Same prize could of been thrown in a PvP tournament. I don't agree with it.

With everything bad that's happened in competitive SPvP scene and just over the course of all seasons. no I'd rather not see a official Anet real money prize pool for Spvp, it doesn't deserve it. If they did it's free money to the people that already farm tournies unopposed. The money put in for Beetle Racing is fine, it's certainly miles better than any advertisement regarding Gw2 and Taxi cabs -cough-.

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > ~~No one cares~~ I don't care to watch, or like~~s~~ to watch 5v5 conquest.

> Fixed it for you. You are welcome.

>

To be fair, compared to the amount of people who play gw2, the amount of people who enjoy watching gw2 pvp is probably negligible.