Ventari Quality of Life and Rebalancing

Hoshikogi.7160

I've been a huge supporter of the Ventari Support Revenant for a couple of years now. The developers have done it good justice in terms of Fractals, raids, and open world content. However, It's overuse of balancing mechanics such as heavy resource consumption coupled with difficulty of tablet movement and abilities in PvP and WvW has made many players shy away from this support. It is for this reason that I request consideration of these changes for the Ventari legend _while in wPvP and WvW_:

1. **Reduce the base recast of Ventari's Will from 3 seconds to 2-2.5 seconds in WvW**. Being able to swiftly and smoothly move the tablet from one location to another is paramount for the Support Revenant. I understand that alacrity somewhat provides this benefit. However, Ventari's Will is a core ability of the Ventari stance. And boon strips, corruption, and boonsteals have gotten so terribly out of hand in WvW to the point that alacrity rarely provides benefit when the squad is under heavy pressure.

2. **Split Natural Harmony's bulk heal into a flurry of 3 or more heals of equal total value of the current burst heal.** (Example: instead of it healing for 10,000 healing, have it instead heal for 3333 + 3333 +3334.) In WvW, Natural harmony is a very powerful skill that can save several people in a pinch. However, many complain that much of it's paramount healing potential is wasted in more fast paced battles such as WvW and PvP. This ability is also very resource hungry, thus having it's full healing potential be wasted via over-heal for such a heavy resource requirement is a huge detriment when considering which supports to take for WvW.

3. **Either reduce Purifying Essence's Energy consumption to 15 or increase its cleansing from 3 to 5 conditions.** Based on what I've seen from Revenant thus far, they are built to be the powerhouse support "summoners" of the game. Boasting some of the strongest support abilities at what many players would considered a very high cost. However, this ability is terribly outdated when compared to what other classes such as Firebrand, Engineer, and Elementalist are capable of in terms of cleansing potential. WvW has become very condition heavy lately, and other classes have been balanced to accommodate this, except for Revenant's primary healing stance.

4. **Provide a more rewarding mechanic for using Energy Expulsion, such as converting conditions to healing or boons, dropping several additional tablet pieces for every condition removed, or convert it into an ability that's a more useful and life-saving support ability.** This ability is a high risk one, and should be providing a higher reward for using it properly.

Revenant has often been considered undeserved since it's inception into the game. Non-the-less , It has been receiving some love lately. I hope that a developer takes some consideration into the words of a hardcore revenant's point of view (one who has play-tested several class supports) and and considers the class's current dilemma in within the ever changing WvW and sPvP content.

@2, i think it is ok the value, i like big heals **(that's what it makes it different from other classes)** it kinda make it feel like old gw1 monk, altough i would decrease really by alot the energy consume and CD on purifying essense and keep the 3 condis cleansing, altough put better healing quoficients on the heal after condi clense.

(edit)~Maybe Purifying Essence's could get its clense from 3 to 5, by reducing alot the energy but increasing its CD?

I kinda agree on a lot of this but i'd go a little more extreme.

First I'd reduce the CD on the Tablet movement skill to 1s or even 1/2s, but remove the healing the skill provides and replace it with with 1s of regen. Energy cost remains the same.

Natural Harmony: make this skill pulse 4 times, each doing 25% of the current heal amount. Cooldown and energy cost remain. Alacrity if traited is only applied on the final pulse.

Purifying essence: Pretty much similar to what OP said, I'd personally rather it cleanse 3 conditions with the same CD and reduced energy cost.

Energy Expulsion: i'd Rework this skill by making the random fragment spawns in a smaller radii, reduced from 240 radius to either 180 or even 120, and make it aoe Immobilize after the Knockback (1s). Prossibly make the fragments do something extra if the fragment GM trait is taken. This skill is a massive energy sink as it literally dumps all of your energy and because of that, it really doesn't do enough. If this is somehow too powerful, a minimum energy requirement could be added (25+)

I'd also buff the trait in salvation that applies immobilize on elite skill by reducing the CD on to 30s and making the duration based on the cost of the skill (1s per 5 energy in PvE; 1s per 10 energy in PvP). Upkeep elites use the initial energy cost in calculation.

Also provide the tablet with a basic ring indicator for the pulse aoe heal permanetly around the tablet while its up.

> @"Aeolus.3615" said:

> @2, i think it is ok the value, i like big heals **(that's what it makes it different from other classes)** it kinda make it feel like old gw1 monk, altough i would decrease really by alot the energy consume and CD on purifying essense and keep the 3 condis cleansing, altough put better healing quoficients on the heal after condi clense.

>

> (edit)~Maybe Purifying Essence's could get its clense from 3 to 5, by reducing alot the energy but increasing its CD?

i would go with 2 sec cd, reduce the nrg to 10 and cleanse 2. delete the healing per condition cleanse.

make the tablet teleport instead of slow moving

up aoe radius to 300

make protective solace a stunbreak, up cd and nrg consumption to 8

I sort of agree with your second idea, but max I would split it into is two pulse heals. if too many then it loses its clutch saving potential.

edit

also ventari needs protection, probably swiftness and vigor too.

With proper healing gear and traits, the healing from 3 cleanses on Purifying Essence is quite significant when on allies. It's a nice addition to the skill, bit I imagine part of why it is so expensive. My suggestion would be pretty similar to @"messiah.1908"'s:

-Reduce energy to 15

-Reduce CD to 3 seconds

-Transfer the healing component to a Salvation trait, but with a bit lower of values since it could be used with other skills

I don't think 3 conditions is a bad amount by any means, but the 5s CD on it is pretty punishing considering it is the biggest group condi clear skill we have in the entire class (aside from bursting the elite with a ton energy).

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> With proper healing gear and traits, the healing from 3 cleanses on Purifying Essence is quite significant when on allies. It's a nice addition to the skill, bit I imagine part of why it is so expensive. My suggestion would be pretty similar to @"messiah.1908"'s:

> -Reduce energy to 15

> -Reduce CD to 3 seconds

> -Transfer the healing component to a Salvation trait, but with a bit lower of values since it could be used with other skills

>

> I don't think 3 conditions is a bad amount by any means, but the 5s CD on it is pretty punishing considering it is the biggest group condi clear skill we have in the entire class (aside from bursting the elite with a ton energy).

^this

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> make the tablet teleport instead of slow moving

> up aoe radius to 300

> make protective solace a stunbreak, up cd and nrg consumption to 8

>

> I sort of agree with your second idea, but max I would split it into is two pulse heals. if too many then it loses its clutch saving potential.

>

> edit

> also ventari needs protection, probably swiftness and vigor too.

Moving the tablet with an old herald trait that trigered prot when casting healing skills, was a really nice thing to have :\ i it, we could do that or blind targets.

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> What i would like to see. If you dont summon the tablet, the heals and effects happen around you instead. Maybe with like a passive healing effect that is slightly weaker than with the tablet out. Maybe having the effects at 75% their normal strength to compensate for the fact they are now happening around you.

If we ever get PBAoE effects, we will probably just get them for underwater. Would be nice to have them on land too but I just can't see them parting ways from the unique tablet mechanic.

I usually allow a forum post to fly since I never know how people will respond. I'm joyful to see the overall positive response to my post.

I've been recently assessing the changes to Herald's Talent selection. _The Teir 2 talent **[shining Aspects]** needs to be re-addressed._ This ability procs whenever the herald uses a 'consume' skill. You know, the ones from the dragon legend which are on a 15 to 45 second recast and the facet which is on a 20 second cool down. I'm running full Harrier or Minstrel gear with 1600 to 1990 Healing power with food and oils and this ability says it only provides 420 healing (since all of our +healing is outgoing), and it's not even Aoe party, or 10 people. This trait is underwhelming and undesirable.

**I petition to change [shining Aspects] back to the 4-5 seconds of protection from heal on 5-10 targets, or to have its current form significantly buffed to be useful, or to have the current healing + protection combined together. As few people as there are currently playing Revenent in competitive PvP/WvW settings, this nurf to support is undesirable.**