27 days left until 2019

> @"EthanLightheart.9168" said:

> gUILD WARS HAS BECOME VERY BORING LATELY. ESPECIALLY FOR VETERANS LIKE ME. nO NEW MATERIAL GOALS, NO INTERESTING ECONOMY CHANGES, LIVING WORLD DRAGS OUT LIKE A TWICE DIED SNAIL - ALMOST NO NEW LEGENDARIES. iT'S TIRING

> No interesting economy changes

They just overhauled the sigil|rune system, which affected all sorts of things, including the prices of ecto. A lot of people made good money from that change and it's become much easier to manage bags of loot, which itself has economic implications.

> Almost no new legendaries

They have consistently released a new legendary with new living world episodes. There are new armor skins with legendary-like glows, new infusions, and other new shinies.

> Living world drags out

It's been released at about the same pace since about six months after HoT launched. An episode every 2-4 months. I'm not saying that's fast (it's not for me either), but (a) it's much faster than the pre-HoT & post-HoT content droughts and (b) it's been status quo for nearly 3 years. That's not a recent change to the game.

I finally pushed myself to go back into the PoF maps last week (had quit at the entrance to the Domain of Vabbi for the past year) and face the onslaught of unfun, unending enemy encounters and horrid, unskippable dialogue story instances and their issues just to complete the story, which was a requirement in order to begin the griffon collections. Finished it and the collections to get the griffon unlocked, so that's finally done with now.

I'm not in any hurry to slog through any of the LS story release instances now (had enough of unskippable and horrendous story for this year), let alone delve into more hyper-aggressive enemy-packed maps just to get the beetle, so finish mapping Domain of Vabbi and pick up one or two mastery points I had skipped might be something I will try to try to force myself to get done before the start of 2019.

Might not though - I do not find spending hours slaughtering a specific type of enemy to finally get a single rng item drop, then do it all over again with each of several other specific type of enemy until I get lucky on them also, just so I can get one mastery point and complete the map to be very fun at all...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Hoping to get my computer working enough, again, so I can actually play. Sigh.

Kibble for Hamsters is on sale again at PetCo, if there's one near you.

(More seriously: sorry about your machine. Maybe some unknown rich relative will show up offering you a nice Amazon gift certificate soon.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Hoping to get my computer working enough, again, so I can actually play. Sigh.

>

> Kibble for Hamsters is on sale again at PetCo, if there's one near you.

> (More seriously: sorry about your machine. Maybe some unknown rich relative will show up offering you a nice Amazon gift certificate soon.)

Aww...that's a nice, if unlikely, thought. Thank you.

Hopefully, a friend is coming by (after Christmas, but before New Year's) to look at it. I hope he can solve the issue.

I would say the only specific goal I have is to hit 29K AP. I'm pretty close, around 100 ap to go, so I'm betting Wintersday will provide the AP boost I need. (I really want to hit 30K for the Radiant chest, but that ain't happening this month). Beyond that, just continuing to have fun playing the game, doing achieves and collections, hanging out with friends.

Frankly, I'm just amazed that I've lived this long. I remember believing that I'd never make it to 2000, the way I was living back then. To be sitting here in 2018 is amazing enough, to think that I might actually see 2019 makes anything I may want to do here sort of irrelevant. In the spirit of the topic though, maybe get my revenant to cap, once I shake this cold.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> What goals are you trying to finish before the end of the year?

>

> I'm working on completing my Warbringer WvW back piece. Still need a few more skirmish tickets, but should have everything I need by Christmas week.

I just finished Xiuquatl, so now I'm going for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Infusion_(Blue) :) Then probably next year the next episode will be released with a new legendary weapon (Greatsword/Longbow), so that will be my first 2019 goal.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"EthanLightheart.9168" said:

> > gUILD WARS HAS BECOME VERY BORING LATELY. ESPECIALLY FOR VETERANS LIKE ME. nO NEW MATERIAL GOALS, NO INTERESTING ECONOMY CHANGES, LIVING WORLD DRAGS OUT LIKE A TWICE DIED SNAIL - ALMOST NO NEW LEGENDARIES. iT'S TIRING

>

> > No interesting economy changes

> They just overhauled the sigil|rune system, which affected all sorts of things, including the prices of ecto. A lot of people made good money from that change and it's become much easier to manage bags of loot, which itself has economic implications.

>

> > Almost no new legendaries

> They have consistently released a new legendary with new living world episodes. There are new armor skins with legendary-like glows, new infusions, and other new shinies.

>

> > Living world drags out

> It's been released at about the same pace since about six months after HoT launched. An episode every 2-4 months. I'm not saying that's fast (it's not for me either), but (a) it's much faster than the pre-HoT & post-HoT content droughts and (b) it's been status quo for nearly 3 years. That's not a recent change to the game.

+Legendary Armors: from PvP, WvW and Raids.

Working on 2 ascended heavy sets for my last 2 ladies sans the pink stuff. working being the operative word. won't be finished this year. Most of my end game has been crafting.

I play the game in fits and starts. One minute farming my butt off and the next doing dailies and not much else. Wintersday will be like every year so not overly hyped for that one. At the moment i'm in the 'not much else club'

Also been upgrading our GH and we just finished all the buildings. Wish GH's had a TP in them.

I've finished most of my goals for this year and am mostly in dailies-and-festivals mode. I do hope to finish taking my necro through the PoF storyline to finish the banner backpiece achievements before the year's out. I'd like to pull together another hundred gold for my savings toward one of my goals for next year (the catmander tag, minis and home instance cats, which I am planning to pick up to celebrate hitting 1000g on-hand again).

I'll probably add a Wintersday goal or two when I see what changes this year brings. Maybe I'll see if I can master the middle-difficulty path on the WD jumping puzzle.