PVE is not PVP

As noted above, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll preemptively say that while skill splits are great, they can only be used for minor changes. Like as an extreme example it'd be pretty dumb to have axe be a ranged weapon in PvE but a melee one in PvP. On the other hand, having it simply do less damage in PvP is fine.

Splitting PVE and PVP abilities can be good, but only to an extent. A class should not function radically differently across game modes. To clarify, I'm not saying that a PVE tank should be able to enter PVP and start "tanking" human players -- I'm saying that when you enter PVP, that powerful skill you love to use in PVE should be roughly as powerful, and certainly should function exactly the same way. A player should not enter PVP and have half their skills suddenly hit like wet noodles, nor vice-versa.

If skills are separate between PvE and PvP to such a large extent, it'll ruin the new player experience or for even older players wanting to change profession. The familiarity you are meant to build around your profession as you level up can get completely meaningless when entering a PvP mode due to this split.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> It might be helpful to the devs if you provide examples of what you mean?

well, not to be an ass, but almost all of the ele changes over the last couple years have been driven by PVP, with the latest(staff nerfs) being driven by Raids/WvW, but regardless theyve more or less neutered ele in pve so i really wish they would split the entire class.