Should Herald get Alacrity?

Kain Francois.4328

As of recent balance patch, there seems to be a big push to alternative options for Alacrity. Among them is the Revenant.

The problem is that Rev has only two sources of Alacrity: Renegade and Ventari. The latter of which is used only in niche scenarios.

Despite Herald being hyped up as the "support" spec, it is held back by its lack of ability to apply Alacrity. Particularly in today's meta where the group must fall back on Rev to maintain alacrity, this is extremely important. As a result, most support Revs use Renegade.

If Herald is supposed to be our support spec, then should Herald (and by extension Revenant in general) gain the ability to apply Alacrity to its group?

Herald doesn't need alacrity by any means but I don't think it would be too ridiculous to add perhaps 2s of alacrity if you are standing in your axe 5 rift when it activates, along with a short duration of another boon. Could help axe offhand be more of a utility weapon instead of just a weak alternative to sword or a condi weapon.

I think the extra alacrity could make Herald support more viable in PvE, but maybe looking into other parts of Herald first are more important. For example, Herald still cannot get 25 stacks of might on their party despite being entirely based on the stacking of boons. This means that Renegade, which provides 25 might and alacrity with its F2/F4, is a much better option in instanced content like Fractals. Might stacking buffs are what I want the most for Herald right now, but if they added alacrity (however small the amount) to help Herald compete with Renegade that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.