So whats the concensus? what should the new reaper build be? pve only

Axl.8924

I wont go into a full stat thing but honestly i don't think the trait lines changed much as far as what you would pick for power builds.

Standard spite set up **Spiteful Talisman** bonus damage to foes with no boons **Awaken the Pain** is your best choice here but maybe if by some chance of luck we start seeing alot of fear builds come into play that produce high fear up time in the future **Dread** could be considered but not right now and of course your final choice should always be **Close to death** 20% juicy damage under 50% hp.

Standard Reaper set up **chilling nova** cause nothing else gets you damage in the first choice slot, depending on how much natural crit chance you have your 2nd trait choice could be a mix between **Soul Eater** or **Decimate Defenses** You likely still take **Reapers onslaught** free quickness but mostly for the **bonus ferocity**

My guess would be that you still use soul reaping, the first trait slot does not matter so much but possibly.

**unyielding blast** (although Soul Marks could be useful if you for some reason run staff)

**soul barbs** (you lose 10% damage you had before if you dont take this)

**death perception** for the bonus crit chance in shroud but mostly for the ferocity.

I cant speak on what it would be for a condition build.

https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/reaper/power/

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_DPS

Try this build for example. When it comes to the off hand weapon, go with the focus as it gives more life force which is where power reaper is at its best. Now let's talk about the traits.

In Spite, use **Close to Death** in fractals and **Signet of Suffering** in raids. **Close to Death** is better against mobs as their health drops faster than bosses, so you'll have the increased damage more often. As for the signets, use **Signet of Spite** in fractals and **Signet of Undeath** in raids. The reason why **Signet of Undeath** in raids is because it allows you to gain life force while in combat. Combine that with the life force you gain from focus 4, GS auto attack, GS 3 and GS 5 and you should have plenty of life force when you enter shroud form again.

In Soul Reaping, use **Spectral Mastery** so that spectral skills give you life force. In my opinion, the best spectral skill is **Spectral Grasp** as it gives you over 16% life force and it's the spectral skill with the lowest cooldown. It also works great with the **Cold Shoulder** trait which gives you increased damage when you attack chilled foes.

In Reaper, **Decimate Defenses** can be replaced with **Soul Eater**. It gives you more life force while you're using the greatsword. This does mean a loss in precision hence why **Well of Suffering** is used in the meta build, but if your druid and chronomancer can keep the fury boon active, you shouldn't have to worry about having lackluster precision.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/reaper/power/

> https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_DPS

>

> Try this build for example. When it comes to the off hand weapon, go with the focus as it gives more life force which is where power reaper is at its best. Now let's talk about the traits.

>

> In Spite, use **Close to Death** in fractals and **Signet of Suffering** in raids. **Close to Death** is better against mobs as their health drops faster than bosses, so you'll have the increased damage more often. As for the signets, use **Signet of Spite** in fractals and **Signet of Undeath** in raids. The reason why **Signet of Undeath** in raids is because it allows you to gain life force while in combat. Combine that with the life force you gain from focus 4, GS auto attack, GS 3 and GS 5 and you should have plenty of life force when you enter shroud form again.

>

> In Soul Reaping, use **Spectral Mastery** so that spectral skills give you life force. In my opinion, the best spectral skill is **Spectral Grasp** as it gives you over 16% life force and it's the spectral skill with the lowest cooldown. It also works great with the **Cold Shoulder** trait which gives you increased damage when you attack chilled foes.

>

> In Reaper, **Decimate Defenses** can be replaced with **Soul Eater**. It gives you more life force while you're using the greatsword. This does mean a loss in precision hence why **Well of Suffering** is used in the meta build, but if your druid and chronomancer can keep the fury boon active, you shouldn't have to worry about having lackluster precision.

With your mention of spectral mastery I don't think you've taken the new patch into consideration when you formulated you post.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> > https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/reaper/power/

> > https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Reaper_-_Power_DPS

> >

> > Try this build for example. When it comes to the off hand weapon, go with the focus as it gives more life force which is where power reaper is at its best. Now let's talk about the traits.

> >

> > In Spite, use **Close to Death** in fractals and **Signet of Suffering** in raids. **Close to Death** is better against mobs as their health drops faster than bosses, so you'll have the increased damage more often. As for the signets, use **Signet of Spite** in fractals and **Signet of Undeath** in raids. The reason why **Signet of Undeath** in raids is because it allows you to gain life force while in combat. Combine that with the life force you gain from focus 4, GS auto attack, GS 3 and GS 5 and you should have plenty of life force when you enter shroud form again.

> >

> > In Soul Reaping, use **Spectral Mastery** so that spectral skills give you life force. In my opinion, the best spectral skill is **Spectral Grasp** as it gives you over 16% life force and it's the spectral skill with the lowest cooldown. It also works great with the **Cold Shoulder** trait which gives you increased damage when you attack chilled foes.

> >

> > In Reaper, **Decimate Defenses** can be replaced with **Soul Eater**. It gives you more life force while you're using the greatsword. This does mean a loss in precision hence why **Well of Suffering** is used in the meta build, but if your druid and chronomancer can keep the fury boon active, you shouldn't have to worry about having lackluster precision.

>

> With your mention of spectral mastery I don't think you've taken the new patch into consideration when you formulated you post.

Silly me, almost forgot about that one. I guess it shouldn't be that big of a deal and you should have enough life force even without Spectral Grasp.