The Crucible of Aurene's Vision (spoilers)

Ayakaru.6583

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> Also because Guild Wars was never actually part of the games' plots. First game was not about warring guilds, but discovering and confronting the mechanations of two individuals/groups bent on world domination through manipulation.

To who are saying that?

I dont see a comment that yours could tie to

We're currently 2 dragons down with no replacements but I think that can be remedied in a Canthan expansion if both Kuunavang and Albax share the burden of an Elder Dragon death and both of them become Elder Dragon through the death of one.. most likely the Sea dragon as they're both Salt Spray Dragons themselves so they already have an affinity for water and the sea.

As far as Kralkatorrik goes.. he's become more or less invincible now, killing him would destroy the world so there is no way he will be dying off anytime soon without Aurine to replace him.

Yes Aurine is dead so that poses a bit of a problem however there is one thing about Kralkatorrik that has been something of a recurring point of interest since the end of Path of Fire.. and that's his adaptation of Zhaitans Death Magic and his ability to brand the dead.

That is how i'm betting Aurine will come back to the game.. revived and branded as Kralkatorriks new Shatterer champion. (Keep in mind his last one was killed again in Jahai)

I'm expecting that this will set us up for a story arc in season 5 involving the forgotten and the ritual that they used a long time ago to break Glint's corruption and free her from Kralkatorriks control.

As for Kralkatorrik himself i'm not too sure what he's gonna do at this point.

Im unsure if he knows that his death would kill the world thus he's now invincible more or less.. but if past behavior is anything to go on after his battle with Destiny's Edge and killing Glint.. Kralk kinda went quiet for a long time.

He stayed in the Crystal Desert for years.. possibly recovering from the battle before he flew south to Elona and became active again.. and I think it's fair to say that he suffered a lot more damage from this encounter than he did all those years ago.

I won't be surprised if Kralkatorrik goes dormant again to recover and out of fear for his safety decides to Brand/revive Aurine as his new powered up branded champion to protect him thus Branded Aurine being the main antagonist of at least the early episodes of Living world Season 5.

That's what I think is coming.. but we'll see.

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > Also because Guild Wars was never actually part of the games' plots. First game was not about warring guilds, but discovering and confronting the mechanations of two individuals/groups bent on world domination through manipulation.

>

> GvG, tho.

Was not part of Guild Wars' narrative.

> > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > Also because Guild Wars was never actually part of the games' plots. First game was not about warring guilds, but discovering and confronting the mechanations of two individuals/groups bent on world domination through manipulation.

> >

> > GvG, tho.

>

> Was not part of Guild Wars' narrative.

Neither is the title on the game box?

> @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > Also because Guild Wars was never actually part of the games' plots. First game was not about warring guilds, but discovering and confronting the mechanations of two individuals/groups bent on world domination through manipulation.

> > >

> > > GvG, tho.

> >

> > Was not part of Guild Wars' narrative.

>

> Neither is the title on the game box?

Technically no since the title on the game box is about an event in the backstory. An event that ends with the introduction of the very first game. The Guild Wars was never part of either game, except the April Fool's quest in GW1.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> One interesting thing to note about her visions in A Star to Guide us is not only the fact that she isn't branded when she's impaled in this episode like she was in the visions, but also... in the visions...

>

> You notice the scenery they're at changes each time. Not only the characters around her and her allies, but where the fight takes place. They're on the same structured cliffside with Kralk looming in a valley, but in one she's standing in grass on the cliffside, another she's on a snowy platform, another she's on a rocky desert cliff. Why change the environment like that? Granted none of those places appeared to be under a mountain (again? what was the point of making sun's refuge this sanctuary because it's underground and protected?)… but if it was only about which allies she brings to the fight why change the scenery? Just being artistic? To show that for some reason unknown to us she's factoring in not only allies but strategic places to fight him which are all for some reason not appearing to be set in the desert? It just seems odd going back and looking at it. I checked it out to compare the in-game model of this episode to the visions and noticed not only the lack of crystallization but the random scenery changes as well.

>

> And the fact that none of those scenes in her vision even remotely looked like where we actually fought Kralk could also imply that this is the one outcome she didn't forsee. That perhaps Glint's involvement with her this episode changed the outcome in a way that Aurene couldn't have forseen in those visions, leading us to fighting him where we did.

>

> OR - the vision is somehow reversed. It always ends with her dying, but the actual final battle does take place in an area resembling one of those in her vision.

>

> Probably just the way the artists chose to paint it, but who knows. Could be significant. It's anyone's guess at this point. I'm probably going to wind up being pissed off by the direction they take and feeling robbed of the one character I was most attached to and they'll just shoehorn Caithe into being the solution to everything because Sylvari are the golden race of Guild Wars 2 and the pale tree just becomes some super elder dragon magic infused oracle of dreamworlds that for some reason people have less of a problem with than Aurene even though she's essentially a freaking city. Don't forget to stop by the trading post and cultural armor vendor on the way to talk to our new Elder Dragon supreme answer to everything who will have just as much potential to be written to trivialize threats as much as Aurene could. Nevermind the fact that Aurene could go off and do her own thing and isn't a playable race's capital city.

>

>

> Ughhhhhh. That would just be so lame. lol

Regarding the scenery changing, i have my own theory as in what she sees.

When we're told that she had a vision of a multiple futures, what if that statement was wrong ? What if that wasnt multiple futures but one single future instead ?

We keep seeing Aurene die over and over again, at multiple different places(battles), possibly coming back due to Jokos power. I dont remember seeing any other character deaths in the vision beside Aurenes and... Zefirahs ? thats her name right ?

Idk.. just seems like a nice plot twist to me ;D

> Technically no since the title on the game box is about an event in the backstory. An event that ends with the introduction of the very first game. The Guild Wars was never part of either game, except the April Fool's quest in GW1.

It would be immature for the guilds to devastate Tyria through their struggles. We must behave like reasonable adults and take it to the mists. There we will find out which guilds are the strongest. I mean there's Modus Sceleris, a Guild that is pretty obsessed with proving their fighting prowess and the Guild Initiative has allowed guilds to take control over small mining towns. Some guilds even have their own airships. I wouldn't be surprised that guilds become a factor in Tyrian politics.