After 5 years, I created a thief and I'm learning thief and engineer right now.

ybintell.1984

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

>

> Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

>

> Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

>

> It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

>

> Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> >

> > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

>

> There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

It's hard to say necro has spent 6 years at the bottom. Reaper and Scourge have held very dominating positions for rather long periods of time, and are performing quite decently right now. On top? Maybe not, but I would argue that necro is also one of the easiest classes to be pretty good at, so it really shouldn't be on top.

Every class has had some time in the limelight. The trick is making sure nothing is too far below acceptable levels.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> >

> > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> >

> > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> >

> > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

>

> Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

>

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> >

> > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

>

> There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

>

>

Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > >

> > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > >

> > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > >

> > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> >

> > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> >

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > >

> > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> >

> > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> >

> >

>

> Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

- The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

- The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

- The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

On the other hand:

- The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

- The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

- The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > >

> > > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > > >

> > > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > > >

> > > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> > >

> > > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> > >

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > >

> > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > >

> > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

>

> There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

> - The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

> - The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

> - The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

>

> On the other hand:

> - The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

> - The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

> - The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

>

> Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

>

> NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

Ele was a ok roaming class for a time then it was a pick then it was pushed out for the most part it made as come back as staff and was good for a time it start to fall off at hot and its been down hill from there.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > >

> > > > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > > > >

> > > > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > > > >

> > > > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > >

> > > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > > >

> > > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

> >

> > There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

> > - The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

> > - The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

> > - The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

> >

> > On the other hand:

> > - The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

> > - The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

> > - The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

> >

> > Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

> >

> > NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

>

> Ele was a ok roaming class for a time then it was a pick then it was pushed out for the most part it made as come back as staff and was good for a time it start to fall off at hot and its been down hill from there.

>

Was staff always slow?

Having a spec that has to channel your spells slowly is definitely something that makes you vulnerable, then again not sure what the pvp build was like in hot era since I didn't pvp for very long as a ele, nor seriously.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

> > >

> > > There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

> > > - The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

> > > - The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

> > > - The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

> > >

> > > On the other hand:

> > > - The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

> > > - The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

> > > - The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

> > >

> > > Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

> > >

> > > NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

> >

> > Ele was a ok roaming class for a time then it was a pick then it was pushed out for the most part it made as come back as staff and was good for a time it start to fall off at hot and its been down hill from there.

> >

>

> Was staff always slow?

>

> Having a spec that has to channel your spells slowly is definitely something that makes you vulnerable, then again not sure what the pvp build was like in hot era since I didn't pvp for very long as a ele, nor seriously.

Players use to move much slower there was no super speed and resistance far less condi clear for soft cc.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

> > > >

> > > > There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

> > > > - The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

> > > > - The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

> > > > - The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

> > > >

> > > > On the other hand:

> > > > - The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

> > > > - The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

> > > > - The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

> > > >

> > > > Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

> > > >

> > > > NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

> > >

> > > Ele was a ok roaming class for a time then it was a pick then it was pushed out for the most part it made as come back as staff and was good for a time it start to fall off at hot and its been down hill from there.

> > >

> >

> > Was staff always slow?

> >

> > Having a spec that has to channel your spells slowly is definitely something that makes you vulnerable, then again not sure what the pvp build was like in hot era since I didn't pvp for very long as a ele, nor seriously.

>

> Players use to move much slower there was no super speed and resistance far less condi clear for soft cc.

Is weaver able to hold up in this new super fast era where you have tons of enemies with blocks? can you even land a kill?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

> > > > > - The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

> > > > > - The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

> > > > > - The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

> > > > >

> > > > > On the other hand:

> > > > > - The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

> > > > > - The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

> > > > > - The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

> > > > >

> > > > > Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

> > > > >

> > > > > NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

> > > >

> > > > Ele was a ok roaming class for a time then it was a pick then it was pushed out for the most part it made as come back as staff and was good for a time it start to fall off at hot and its been down hill from there.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Was staff always slow?

> > >

> > > Having a spec that has to channel your spells slowly is definitely something that makes you vulnerable, then again not sure what the pvp build was like in hot era since I didn't pvp for very long as a ele, nor seriously.

> >

> > Players use to move much slower there was no super speed and resistance far less condi clear for soft cc.

>

> Is weaver able to hold up in this new super fast era where you have tons of enemies with blocks? can you even land a kill?

>

They dont hold up rev dose the weaver job better.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > >

> > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> >

> > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

>

> It's hard to say necro has spent 6 years at the bottom. Reaper and Scourge have held very dominating positions for rather long periods of time, and are performing quite decently right now. On top? Maybe not, but I would argue that necro is also one of the easiest classes to be pretty good at, so it really shouldn't be on top.

>

> Every class has had some time in the limelight. The trick is making sure nothing is too far below acceptable levels.

People autokick Necromancer when they try to join teams. I have yet to see a LFG that said "No Elementalist." If you are going to argue that it's hard to say that Necromancer has spent six years at the bottom it is equally true for Elementalist. However, I'm not here to play oppression Olympics. I brought up Necromancer to highlight how absurd it is to parade around acting like you're the worst in the game (I'm actually not going to rehash my position on Necromancer. Its a matter of "public record" and easily findable if anyone cares to see it). It's one thing to say its frustrating to lose and there needs to be work done. It's another to decry the game and make the outlandish claim that you're the worst in the game.

It's also worth pointing out that Necromancer being easier than some has no bearing on whether or not it should be on top. That's just silly and leads to elitism.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

> > > > > > - The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

> > > > > > - The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

> > > > > > - The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On the other hand:

> > > > > > - The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

> > > > > > - The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

> > > > > > - The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ele was a ok roaming class for a time then it was a pick then it was pushed out for the most part it made as come back as staff and was good for a time it start to fall off at hot and its been down hill from there.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Was staff always slow?

> > > >

> > > > Having a spec that has to channel your spells slowly is definitely something that makes you vulnerable, then again not sure what the pvp build was like in hot era since I didn't pvp for very long as a ele, nor seriously.

> > >

> > > Players use to move much slower there was no super speed and resistance far less condi clear for soft cc.

> >

> > Is weaver able to hold up in this new super fast era where you have tons of enemies with blocks? can you even land a kill?

> >

>

> They dont hold up rev dose the weaver job better.

People always turn this into a zero-sum situation in which if someone does it better then there is no point in you doing it too. Folks would be happier if they realized that more than one profession can do the same thing, even if one does it better than the other.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Noticed recently that every sub is full with "this class is anet's least favorite child" posts. When you see mesmer mains complaining how their class sucks, you've seen everything.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Necro is broken in wvw/pvp but needs babysitter. Ele has op sustain in pvp but does no damage. Every class has something broken and something worthless, there's no point of comparing the opposite ones from different classes, which is quite common sadly.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It would be same like druid complaining how he's useless in wvw when soulbeast can kill players with 2-3 autos.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah, everyone thinks ANet hates them. Untrue but that doesn't stop them from saying as much.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I can't take any complaint that tries to position themselves as more worthless than Necromancer seriously. I mean, come on ......Elementalist has had longer stints at the top. Elementalist may be going through some rough times right now but let's not blow it out of proportion.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Core necro but reaper was top for a very long time all of hot realy then it got nerf for scorge and now scorge is top nice to see them update core and reaper kind of but still behind scorge. Ele tempest have not been giving the same treatment and weaver only been nerfed.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There is often a need to put things into perspective. So let's be more accurate:

> > > > > > > - The necromancer have been on top of WvW zergling since release.

> > > > > > > - The necromancer have been pretty average in PvP (small scale PvP fight) since release with some _short_ outstanding windows.

> > > > > > > - The necromancer is a black sheep in PvE since release and only shined when he lowered himself to exploit unintended mechanisms.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > On the other hand:

> > > > > > > - The elementalist have been good but not outstanding in WvW zergling since release.

> > > > > > > - The elementalist have had great result in PvP (small scale PvP fight) in the vanilla game, was a great support in these fight in HoT and struggle in PoF to find it's place.

> > > > > > > - The elementalist have been god amongst human in PvE in the vanilla game, outshined most profession in HoT and still stand strong in PoF.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Both professions are frustrating to play when duelling which is what irks the most the players of both professions. That said, it's probably more frustrating for the elementalist to suck at duelling because they used to be good at it, while the necromancer never was "good" at duelling.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > NB.: It's better to never use WvW roaming (FFA) as a scale of whether or not an e-spec is balanced. After all, until PoF WvW was basically balanced with PvE as it's standard while players focused on fighting other players. Even now, it's hard to say that there is enough balance split there for WvW to be balanced.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ele was a ok roaming class for a time then it was a pick then it was pushed out for the most part it made as come back as staff and was good for a time it start to fall off at hot and its been down hill from there.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Was staff always slow?

> > > > >

> > > > > Having a spec that has to channel your spells slowly is definitely something that makes you vulnerable, then again not sure what the pvp build was like in hot era since I didn't pvp for very long as a ele, nor seriously.

> > > >

> > > > Players use to move much slower there was no super speed and resistance far less condi clear for soft cc.

> > >

> > > Is weaver able to hold up in this new super fast era where you have tons of enemies with blocks? can you even land a kill?

> > >

> >

> > They dont hold up rev dose the weaver job better.

>

> People always turn this into a zero-sum situation in which if someone does it better then there is no point in you doing it too. Folks would be happier if they realized that more than one profession can do the same thing, even if one does it better than the other.

I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

>

> It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

>

> Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

>

> > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> >

> > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> >

> > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

>

> Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

>

> Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> >

> > > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> > >

> > > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> > >

> > > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> >

> > Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

> >

> > Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

>

> What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

>

> Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

>

> There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

With nerf of fb tome cd and spb bubble duration, reflects arent such big issue anymore. Majority of damage comes from other aoes anyway, they are just good for finishing downeds or slowing down the enemy.

Idk how 2x10 man cc is "soft" when you add aoe chills, cripples and even immob on top. Revs also have quite low aoe pressure, which is why you take eles to begin with.

My server was always lacking numbers on revs and quality on necros so ~5-10 good eles could almost always fix what's missing and carry with ease. But then again, it requires people being actually good, which is the main enemy of 99% of this community.

I'm not saying that ele is in best state, but staff weaver in wvw is definitely the best build that ele has in non hardcore content (aka speedclears and gvg excluded) at the moment. Sure skills are clunky, but you do 90% of the job with one skill, might as well afk when it's on cd, in which case being squishy doesn't matter at all. As someone already mentioned, there's nothing wrong in having multiple classes doing same role at nearly same level.

Play the class for fun, not for 5% better numbers. If it's not fun then dont bother with it, it's not like devs care what we talk about in here. Take a break from class/game and come back when you see some changes, otherwise it's same pointless discussions going over and over again. Maybe if we stopped spamming these posts they could see how appealing the class is.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > >

> > > > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> > > >

> > > > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> > > >

> > > > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> > >

> > > Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

> > >

> > > Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

> >

> > What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

> >

> > Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

> >

> > There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

>

> With nerf of fb tome cd and spb bubble duration, reflects arent such big issue anymore. Majority of damage comes from other aoes anyway, they are just good for finishing downeds or slowing down the enemy.

>

There a lot more then just FB bubble lol even tempest it self is bringing a lot of reflection to a fight. Having such slow moving skills as projectiles was a big error on anets part.

> Idk how 2x10 man cc is "soft" when you add aoe chills, cripples and even immob on top. Revs also have quite low aoe pressure, which is why you take eles to begin with.

>

Its just 10 on the one overload that it and that at melee ranged its not easy to land.

Scorge is the aoe pressure with its 10 targets for all of its shade skills rev just doing to burst to 5 targets downing them in one go. Ice spike was close to doing that but they it got nerfed.

> My server was always lacking numbers on revs and quality on necros so ~5-10 good eles could almost always fix what's missing and carry with ease. But then again, it requires people being actually good, which is the main enemy of 99% of this community.

>

Weird server or odd guild groups or are you doing more pug? These things are important and changes a lot how you play. I look at mostly guild groups point of view not too many ppl are going to kick you out of pug groups because your the wrong class lol.

> I'm not saying that ele is in best state, but staff weaver in wvw is definitely the best build that ele has in non hardcore content (aka speedclears and gvg excluded) at the moment. Sure skills are clunky, but you do 90% of the job with one skill, might as well afk when it's on cd, in which case being squishy doesn't matter at all. As someone already mentioned, there's nothing wrong in having multiple classes doing same role at nearly same level.

>

But each class needs to bring a roll with its own spin. That the problme with ele it should be doing magic dmg where rev should be doing phical dmg but there is no magic dmg in gw2 its all phical so whom ever dose the hardest to see or the most or the hardest to deal with over all is the best in roll and in being so the class ppl will want.

> Play the class for fun, not for 5% better numbers. If it's not fun then dont bother with it, it's not like devs care what we talk about in here. Take a break from class/game and come back when you see some changes, otherwise it's same pointless discussions going over and over again. Maybe if we stopped spamming these posts they could see how appealing the class is.

We all play for fun but your just one person in 5, 10 , 50 your fun is not as important as the groups fun. That why i want to see all classes become viable with effects that they lack and classes over all not getting free rides because of what there class has.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > >

> > > > Has not been top for years now its been bottom and its only getting worst. Ele was topped because there was not as much boon spam back then but now there is so you need to be part of that boon spam (ele is not) or part of the counter (ele is not that too). It use to be ele has the best protection support in the game and it was never perma. Now its a joke to not have perma protection lol.

> > >

> > > There is more to this game than being at the top. Necromancer has spent 6 years at the bottom. So to parade around as if Elementalist is the all time worse is just silly. I get the frustration when things aren't going well. But its hard to take that concern silly when you ignore the fact that you have spent less time at the bottom than others but want to act like you have it the worst.

> >

> > It's hard to say necro has spent 6 years at the bottom. Reaper and Scourge have held very dominating positions for rather long periods of time, and are performing quite decently right now. On top? Maybe not, but I would argue that necro is also one of the easiest classes to be pretty good at, so it really shouldn't be on top.

> >

> > Every class has had some time in the limelight. The trick is making sure nothing is too far below acceptable levels.

>

> People autokick Necromancer when they try to join teams. I have yet to see a LFG that said "No Elementalist." If you are going to argue that it's hard to say that Necromancer has spent six years at the bottom it is equally true for Elementalist. However, I'm not here to play oppression Olympics. I brought up Necromancer to highlight how absurd it is to parade around acting like you're the worst in the game (I'm actually not going to rehash my position on Necromancer. Its a matter of "public record" and easily findable if anyone cares to see it). It's one thing to say its frustrating to lose and there needs to be work done. It's another to decry the game and make the outlandish claim that you're the worst in the game.

>

> It's also worth pointing out that Necromancer being easier than some has no bearing on whether or not it should be on top. That's just silly and leads to elitism.

True, necro tends to get the most LFGs discouraging them, but it's hard to ascertain a reason without asking each person why.

Either way... yeah, every class gets kicked in the nuts, and every class gets its time in the limelight. I can't say any one class is consistently better than the others -- the only class I know that hasn't been in the toilet, ever, is guardian.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > >

> > > > > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> > > > >

> > > > > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> > > > >

> > > > > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> > > >

> > > > Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

> > > >

> > > > Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

> > >

> > > What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

> > >

> > > Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

> > >

> > > There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

> >

> > With nerf of fb tome cd and spb bubble duration, reflects arent such big issue anymore. Majority of damage comes from other aoes anyway, they are just good for finishing downeds or slowing down the enemy.

> >

> There a lot more then just FB bubble lol even tempest it self is bringing a lot of reflection to a fight. Having such slow moving skills as projectiles was a big error on anets part.

>

> > Idk how 2x10 man cc is "soft" when you add aoe chills, cripples and even immob on top. Revs also have quite low aoe pressure, which is why you take eles to begin with.

> >

> Its just 10 on the one overload that it and that at melee ranged its not easy to land.

> Scorge is the aoe pressure with its 10 targets for all of its shade skills rev just doing to burst to 5 targets downing them in one go. Ice spike was close to doing that but they it got nerfed.

>

> > My server was always lacking numbers on revs and quality on necros so ~5-10 good eles could almost always fix what's missing and carry with ease. But then again, it requires people being actually good, which is the main enemy of 99% of this community.

> >

> Weird server or odd guild groups or are you doing more pug? These things are important and changes a lot how you play. I look at mostly guild groups point of view not too many ppl are going to kick you out of pug groups because your the wrong class lol.

>

> > I'm not saying that ele is in best state, but staff weaver in wvw is definitely the best build that ele has in non hardcore content (aka speedclears and gvg excluded) at the moment. Sure skills are clunky, but you do 90% of the job with one skill, might as well afk when it's on cd, in which case being squishy doesn't matter at all. As someone already mentioned, there's nothing wrong in having multiple classes doing same role at nearly same level.

> >

> But each class needs to bring a roll with its own spin. That the problme with ele it should be doing magic dmg where rev should be doing phical dmg but there is no magic dmg in gw2 its all phical so whom ever dose the hardest to see or the most or the hardest to deal with over all is the best in roll and in being so the class ppl will want.

>

> > Play the class for fun, not for 5% better numbers. If it's not fun then dont bother with it, it's not like devs care what we talk about in here. Take a break from class/game and come back when you see some changes, otherwise it's same pointless discussions going over and over again. Maybe if we stopped spamming these posts they could see how appealing the class is.

>

> We all play for fun but your just one person in 5, 10 , 50 your fun is not as important as the groups fun. That why i want to see all classes become viable with effects that they lack and classes over all not getting free rides because of what there class has.

>

But they are viable already. No class brings 10 man CC like staff ele, nor unblockable aoe chill, all at max range with no downtime on damage. No class brings rain of death which kills half enemies in a choke fight. Stop looking at negatives and focus on improving your play style.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62138/oh-sweet-moamander-its-two-more-weaver-montages#latest is a good place to start.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

> > > > >

> > > > > Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

> > > >

> > > > What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

> > > >

> > > > Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

> > > >

> > > > There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

> > >

> > > With nerf of fb tome cd and spb bubble duration, reflects arent such big issue anymore. Majority of damage comes from other aoes anyway, they are just good for finishing downeds or slowing down the enemy.

> > >

> > There a lot more then just FB bubble lol even tempest it self is bringing a lot of reflection to a fight. Having such slow moving skills as projectiles was a big error on anets part.

> >

> > > Idk how 2x10 man cc is "soft" when you add aoe chills, cripples and even immob on top. Revs also have quite low aoe pressure, which is why you take eles to begin with.

> > >

> > Its just 10 on the one overload that it and that at melee ranged its not easy to land.

> > Scorge is the aoe pressure with its 10 targets for all of its shade skills rev just doing to burst to 5 targets downing them in one go. Ice spike was close to doing that but they it got nerfed.

> >

> > > My server was always lacking numbers on revs and quality on necros so ~5-10 good eles could almost always fix what's missing and carry with ease. But then again, it requires people being actually good, which is the main enemy of 99% of this community.

> > >

> > Weird server or odd guild groups or are you doing more pug? These things are important and changes a lot how you play. I look at mostly guild groups point of view not too many ppl are going to kick you out of pug groups because your the wrong class lol.

> >

> > > I'm not saying that ele is in best state, but staff weaver in wvw is definitely the best build that ele has in non hardcore content (aka speedclears and gvg excluded) at the moment. Sure skills are clunky, but you do 90% of the job with one skill, might as well afk when it's on cd, in which case being squishy doesn't matter at all. As someone already mentioned, there's nothing wrong in having multiple classes doing same role at nearly same level.

> > >

> > But each class needs to bring a roll with its own spin. That the problme with ele it should be doing magic dmg where rev should be doing phical dmg but there is no magic dmg in gw2 its all phical so whom ever dose the hardest to see or the most or the hardest to deal with over all is the best in roll and in being so the class ppl will want.

> >

> > > Play the class for fun, not for 5% better numbers. If it's not fun then dont bother with it, it's not like devs care what we talk about in here. Take a break from class/game and come back when you see some changes, otherwise it's same pointless discussions going over and over again. Maybe if we stopped spamming these posts they could see how appealing the class is.

> >

> > We all play for fun but your just one person in 5, 10 , 50 your fun is not as important as the groups fun. That why i want to see all classes become viable with effects that they lack and classes over all not getting free rides because of what there class has.

> >

>

> But they are viable already. No class brings 10 man CC like staff ele, nor unblockable aoe chill, all at max range with no downtime on damage. No class brings rain of death which kills half enemies in a choke fight. Stop looking at negatives and focus on improving your play style.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62138/oh-sweet-moamander-its-two-more-weaver-montages#latest is a good place to start.

What are you talking about scorge has the most 10 target cc in the game. Staff ele has no 10 target effects only tempest has it. Ele and weaver needs to be more then a one skill class MS on staff is not that good it give you nice numbers but a lot has to happen just right that the ele has no control over for it to work.

Its a montages just an set of outlier events.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

> > > > >

> > > > > What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

> > > > >

> > > > > Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

> > > > >

> > > > > There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

> > > >

> > > > With nerf of fb tome cd and spb bubble duration, reflects arent such big issue anymore. Majority of damage comes from other aoes anyway, they are just good for finishing downeds or slowing down the enemy.

> > > >

> > > There a lot more then just FB bubble lol even tempest it self is bringing a lot of reflection to a fight. Having such slow moving skills as projectiles was a big error on anets part.

> > >

> > > > Idk how 2x10 man cc is "soft" when you add aoe chills, cripples and even immob on top. Revs also have quite low aoe pressure, which is why you take eles to begin with.

> > > >

> > > Its just 10 on the one overload that it and that at melee ranged its not easy to land.

> > > Scorge is the aoe pressure with its 10 targets for all of its shade skills rev just doing to burst to 5 targets downing them in one go. Ice spike was close to doing that but they it got nerfed.

> > >

> > > > My server was always lacking numbers on revs and quality on necros so ~5-10 good eles could almost always fix what's missing and carry with ease. But then again, it requires people being actually good, which is the main enemy of 99% of this community.

> > > >

> > > Weird server or odd guild groups or are you doing more pug? These things are important and changes a lot how you play. I look at mostly guild groups point of view not too many ppl are going to kick you out of pug groups because your the wrong class lol.

> > >

> > > > I'm not saying that ele is in best state, but staff weaver in wvw is definitely the best build that ele has in non hardcore content (aka speedclears and gvg excluded) at the moment. Sure skills are clunky, but you do 90% of the job with one skill, might as well afk when it's on cd, in which case being squishy doesn't matter at all. As someone already mentioned, there's nothing wrong in having multiple classes doing same role at nearly same level.

> > > >

> > > But each class needs to bring a roll with its own spin. That the problme with ele it should be doing magic dmg where rev should be doing phical dmg but there is no magic dmg in gw2 its all phical so whom ever dose the hardest to see or the most or the hardest to deal with over all is the best in roll and in being so the class ppl will want.

> > >

> > > > Play the class for fun, not for 5% better numbers. If it's not fun then dont bother with it, it's not like devs care what we talk about in here. Take a break from class/game and come back when you see some changes, otherwise it's same pointless discussions going over and over again. Maybe if we stopped spamming these posts they could see how appealing the class is.

> > >

> > > We all play for fun but your just one person in 5, 10 , 50 your fun is not as important as the groups fun. That why i want to see all classes become viable with effects that they lack and classes over all not getting free rides because of what there class has.

> > >

> >

> > But they are viable already. No class brings 10 man CC like staff ele, nor unblockable aoe chill, all at max range with no downtime on damage. No class brings rain of death which kills half enemies in a choke fight. Stop looking at negatives and focus on improving your play style.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62138/oh-sweet-moamander-its-two-more-weaver-montages#latest is a good place to start.

>

> What are you talking about scorge has the most 10 target cc in the game. Staff ele has no 10 target effects only tempest has it.

Believe they are on about unsteady gorund and static field.

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > > > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

> > > > >

> > > > > With nerf of fb tome cd and spb bubble duration, reflects arent such big issue anymore. Majority of damage comes from other aoes anyway, they are just good for finishing downeds or slowing down the enemy.

> > > > >

> > > > There a lot more then just FB bubble lol even tempest it self is bringing a lot of reflection to a fight. Having such slow moving skills as projectiles was a big error on anets part.

> > > >

> > > > > Idk how 2x10 man cc is "soft" when you add aoe chills, cripples and even immob on top. Revs also have quite low aoe pressure, which is why you take eles to begin with.

> > > > >

> > > > Its just 10 on the one overload that it and that at melee ranged its not easy to land.

> > > > Scorge is the aoe pressure with its 10 targets for all of its shade skills rev just doing to burst to 5 targets downing them in one go. Ice spike was close to doing that but they it got nerfed.

> > > >

> > > > > My server was always lacking numbers on revs and quality on necros so ~5-10 good eles could almost always fix what's missing and carry with ease. But then again, it requires people being actually good, which is the main enemy of 99% of this community.

> > > > >

> > > > Weird server or odd guild groups or are you doing more pug? These things are important and changes a lot how you play. I look at mostly guild groups point of view not too many ppl are going to kick you out of pug groups because your the wrong class lol.

> > > >

> > > > > I'm not saying that ele is in best state, but staff weaver in wvw is definitely the best build that ele has in non hardcore content (aka speedclears and gvg excluded) at the moment. Sure skills are clunky, but you do 90% of the job with one skill, might as well afk when it's on cd, in which case being squishy doesn't matter at all. As someone already mentioned, there's nothing wrong in having multiple classes doing same role at nearly same level.

> > > > >

> > > > But each class needs to bring a roll with its own spin. That the problme with ele it should be doing magic dmg where rev should be doing phical dmg but there is no magic dmg in gw2 its all phical so whom ever dose the hardest to see or the most or the hardest to deal with over all is the best in roll and in being so the class ppl will want.

> > > >

> > > > > Play the class for fun, not for 5% better numbers. If it's not fun then dont bother with it, it's not like devs care what we talk about in here. Take a break from class/game and come back when you see some changes, otherwise it's same pointless discussions going over and over again. Maybe if we stopped spamming these posts they could see how appealing the class is.

> > > >

> > > > We all play for fun but your just one person in 5, 10 , 50 your fun is not as important as the groups fun. That why i want to see all classes become viable with effects that they lack and classes over all not getting free rides because of what there class has.

> > > >

> > >

> > > But they are viable already. No class brings 10 man CC like staff ele, nor unblockable aoe chill, all at max range with no downtime on damage. No class brings rain of death which kills half enemies in a choke fight. Stop looking at negatives and focus on improving your play style.

> > >

> > > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62138/oh-sweet-moamander-its-two-more-weaver-montages#latest is a good place to start.

> >

> > What are you talking about scorge has the most 10 target cc in the game. Staff ele has no 10 target effects only tempest has it.

>

> Believe they are on about unsteady gorund and static field.

O so a lot of classes then any thing with a line that is not uniquet to ele at all.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > I understand what your saying but to have skills like CoR hitting as hard as they do with out any real tell its both a killer of ele in it will one shot glass eles as well as it makes skills like MS look like it takes days to cast it to get the same effect. That and rev is the class the ended boon ele and the only thing anet did was to make the boon rev hit 10 targets at a perma level where ele boon only some are 10 and are far from pema. In a way rev out classes ele at every point of the game AND has a wepon swap AND has higher base hp / def AND a better wepon set AND boons that ele lacks.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It may not make ppl delete there ele and run a rev in wvw but it out classes the ele at every point and its the ideal example of what a power creep ele looks like in gw2 (ele was the first class with all of its weekeness rev is the last class with all of its power creep).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Though i must say most old school staff ele players did quit ele for rev if that tells you something. Relay good ele players too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Idk... 5 eles can carry 50 people. 5 revs are just boon bots poking enemy guards and necros. 10+ revs is different story.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Weaver is in a perfect spot for wvw. They have big impact, but you dont want too many because they dont contribute to boon spam/melee ball tankiness. If you dont see that then your server probably doesnt know how to use eles. The only thing that staff ele needs are reduced after casts and casting animations which are long for no reason, but it's still fairly strong for blob fights.

> > > > >

> > > > > What? You have 1 ele for fields only mostly or the soft cc. You have more revs because they are simply more useful. They are where most of your burst dmg is going to come from in a fight. They are also able to apply boons to 10 ppl at a perma level or are able to apply strong effects of -50% dmg that cant be removed super speed stab and resistances as well as boon strip.

> > > > >

> > > > > Weaver is in the worst spot for all game types because it dose too much dmg to npc and not enofe to humans. Its always going to get nerf in dmg even if it not base off of pvp. At the same time weaver dule skills are all projectile both able to be destroy and reflected. In a wvw environment that means the skill dose nothing most of the time. Weaver also cover over staff def effects or makes it over all harder to get to them making weaver oddly easier to pick then core or tempest.

> > > > >

> > > > > There a lot ele needs as a core class as well as tempest. Weaver just needs to have its duel skill to be non projectiles.

> > > >

> > > > With nerf of fb tome cd and spb bubble duration, reflects arent such big issue anymore. Majority of damage comes from other aoes anyway, they are just good for finishing downeds or slowing down the enemy.

> > > >

> > > There a lot more then just FB bubble lol even tempest it self is bringing a lot of reflection to a fight. Having such slow moving skills as projectiles was a big error on anets part.

> > >

> > > > Idk how 2x10 man cc is "soft" when you add aoe chills, cripples and even immob on top. Revs also have quite low aoe pressure, which is why you take eles to begin with.

> > > >

> > > Its just 10 on the one overload that it and that at melee ranged its not easy to land.

> > > Scorge is the aoe pressure with its 10 targets for all of its shade skills rev just doing to burst to 5 targets downing them in one go. Ice spike was close to doing that but they it got nerfed.

> > >

> > > > My server was always lacking numbers on revs and quality on necros so ~5-10 good eles could almost always fix what's missing and carry with ease. But then again, it requires people being actually good, which is the main enemy of 99% of this community.

> > > >

> > > Weird server or odd guild groups or are you doing more pug? These things are important and changes a lot how you play. I look at mostly guild groups point of view not too many ppl are going to kick you out of pug groups because your the wrong class lol.

> > >

> > > > I'm not saying that ele is in best state, but staff weaver in wvw is definitely the best build that ele has in non hardcore content (aka speedclears and gvg excluded) at the moment. Sure skills are clunky, but you do 90% of the job with one skill, might as well afk when it's on cd, in which case being squishy doesn't matter at all. As someone already mentioned, there's nothing wrong in having multiple classes doing same role at nearly same level.

> > > >

> > > But each class needs to bring a roll with its own spin. That the problme with ele it should be doing magic dmg where rev should be doing phical dmg but there is no magic dmg in gw2 its all phical so whom ever dose the hardest to see or the most or the hardest to deal with over all is the best in roll and in being so the class ppl will want.

> > >

> > > > Play the class for fun, not for 5% better numbers. If it's not fun then dont bother with it, it's not like devs care what we talk about in here. Take a break from class/game and come back when you see some changes, otherwise it's same pointless discussions going over and over again. Maybe if we stopped spamming these posts they could see how appealing the class is.

> > >

> > > We all play for fun but your just one person in 5, 10 , 50 your fun is not as important as the groups fun. That why i want to see all classes become viable with effects that they lack and classes over all not getting free rides because of what there class has.

> > >

> >

> > But they are viable already. No class brings 10 man CC like staff ele, nor unblockable aoe chill, all at max range with no downtime on damage. No class brings rain of death which kills half enemies in a choke fight. Stop looking at negatives and focus on improving your play style.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62138/oh-sweet-moamander-its-two-more-weaver-montages#latest is a good place to start.

>

> What are you talking about scorge has the most 10 target cc in the game. Staff ele has no 10 target effects only tempest has it. Ele and weaver needs to be more then a one skill class MS on staff is not that good it give you nice numbers but a lot has to happen just right that the ele has no control over for it to work.

>

> Its a montages just an set of outlier events.

Scourge doesn't even do comparable damage with weaver so idk what's the issue.

Scourge enables weaver to do that much dmg. You can play with out an weaver but you cant play with out a scourge boon strips are just that important. Its just the sad truth of ele and the chose anet made it the only class in the game with out any boon strip. Its going to have to be added in at one point or its always going to keep ele at a weaker point of the game then other classes.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Scourge enables weaver to do that much dmg. You can play with out an weaver but you cant play with out a scourge boon strips are just that important. Its just the sad truth of ele and the chose anet made it the only class in the game with out any boon strip. Its going to have to be added in at one point or its always going to keep ele at a weaker point of the game then other classes.

Can guardian and ranger boon rip?

> @"Sigmoid.7082" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Scourge enables weaver to do that much dmg. You can play with out an weaver but you cant play with out a scourge boon strips are just that important. Its just the sad truth of ele and the chose anet made it the only class in the game with out any boon strip. Its going to have to be added in at one point or its always going to keep ele at a weaker point of the game then other classes.

>

> Can guardian and ranger boon rip?

They dont though guardian use to have one a long time ago. But these classes have many other effects that makes up for the lost mostly having powerful boons. We can talk about what call is missing and what it has to make up for it all day when it comes to all of the other classes but ele IS the only class that lacks one effect and dose NOT make up for it with another.

Ranger has strong unshockable dmg effects and guardian has some of the best offsice boon support.

What dose ele have agen? Maybe quickness unblockable dmg boon strip maybe realty condi dmg?