So, how is necromancer in pve now ?

Lucas.3718

After the "buffs", the necromancer lost a non significative amount of damage and a significative amount of LF sustain in PvE. Thought, the death magic minionmancer gained a good amount of dps in meta event involving a large amount of trash mobs while for everything else, it's a loss or what we commonly describe as a flat nerf.

Condi scourge got a bit better about maintaining their life force. Reaper is a bit more reliable with its damage bonuses thanks to the change. But it really hasn't done much in the long term. Most of what was nerfed impacts PvP, not so much PvE. Anet took a pass at all traits that grant passive damage procs across all professions and nerfed all of them or almost all of them. So its hardly worth completing about.

They were no buffs. They tryed to give you more damage on reaper for the cost of HP but it turns out its not working.

10% damage while Repers Shroud is above 50% was better then 10% for 10 sec entering and exiting shroud I guess they didn't take into account time to get into shroud

, exit and skills animations.

Despite the nerfs, Reaper still seems to work remarkably well for PvE dailies like Mystic Forger, Vista Viewer, and Jumping Puzzle (especially if you can find a porting mesmer). Also, despite the question being specific to PvE, don't be afraid to venture into WvW. In its current form, the reaper is still perfectly capable of WvW dailies like Big Spender, or Master of Monuments (provided there are no enemies around). Besides that, they still haven't nerfed the ability for necros to be parked at JP chests for daily chest farming or to serve as pack mules, though I wouldn't be surprised if they also nerf the necro's capability for those in an upcoming patch.

/s

> @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> the words BUFFS and Necro do NOT belong in the same sentence when it comes to Anet, the only thing they know is ITS NERF OR MORE NERFS for necros ESPECIALLY in PVE because necro is not allowed to be a fun viable class but a punching bag and also the worst class for PVE content

I play an open world reaper tank and am having great fun soloing content that others need to do in groups!

> @"James.1065" said:

> > @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> > the words BUFFS and Necro do NOT belong in the same sentence when it comes to Anet, the only thing they know is ITS NERF OR MORE NERFS for necros ESPECIALLY in PVE because necro is not allowed to be a fun viable class but a punching bag and also the worst class for PVE content

>

> I play an open world reaper tank and am having great fun soloing content that others need to do in groups!

I cannot see any open world content the necromancer can solo that other professions can't...

Building further on my comment (had to go out), I personally find Soul Barbs better for dps Scourge as I always had a harder time staying above 50% LF with the shade skills rotation. With Desert Shroud, we're pretty much covered until it is ready to be used again. Support Scourge is still great imo; I use a plaguedoctor variant which makes it a jack of all trades (barrier, bit of healing, power rezzing, might and epi when needed). Core is still sub par and clunky, and I never enjoyed condi Reaper - condi damage felt so anticlimactic to what was clearly designed as a power heavy spec - so can't offer opinions on that.

> @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Soulbarbs doesn't really matter on dps-condi scourge. Main DPS is from conditions, like 97% and only 3% or so is power damage. And soul barbs only improver power dmg

>

> Aren't damage modifiers that say "+10% to damage" applicable across the board?

No, unless otherwise specified damage mods only apply to power damage.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Methuselah.4376" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > Soulbarbs doesn't really matter on dps-condi scourge. Main DPS is from conditions, like 97% and only 3% or so is power damage. And soul barbs only improver power dmg

> >

> > Aren't damage modifiers that say "+10% to damage" applicable across the board?

>

> No, unless otherwise specified damage mods only apply to power damage.

Its 10% per mode once in and once out of shroud.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"James.1065" said:

> > > @"Xxnecroxx.4039" said:

> > > the words BUFFS and Necro do NOT belong in the same sentence when it comes to Anet, the only thing they know is ITS NERF OR MORE NERFS for necros ESPECIALLY in PVE because necro is not allowed to be a fun viable class but a punching bag and also the worst class for PVE content

> >

> > I play an open world reaper tank and am having great fun soloing content that others need to do in groups!

>

> I cannot see any open world content the necromancer can solo that other professions can't...

That's the point, in reality necro is not as bad as the general perception is about the profession .

The problem has more to do with the players attitude towards necro than the profession really being so bad. If that was the case no one would be playing it.