Alpha Beetle - what's up with this?

Does anyone have the latest intel on the spawn rate on the Alpha Beetle, need for the roller beetle mount? I've looked at past forum posts and see a lot of speculation, but does anyone know the final verdict on how to get this thing to spawn? I've been standing in the Far Silverwastes, in the spot specified by Dulfy, for two hours, and no Beetle.

Is it still spawning in that spot? Is there something specific I need to do to get it to show up? One post said you need to kill giant beetles first, so I did that. Still no Alpha.

The achievement grind was fun on this one up until this point; now it's ground to a slow slog. In other words, the usual GW2 experience...

If i remember rightly, it can spawn in a few places on that section. Patrol the whole west side of the far silverwastes and kill anything that moves to possibly help spawn. The event circle doesnt indicate if you are even slightly out of range, so keep checking. Clear other events too in case they block spawn

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Just killed it twice in ~26 minutes. Had to do the "Clear out the Mordrem threat." event twice as well.

The most robust testing was done by Torin13 of the wiki who provides this summary of results:

> * If the Mordrem event is up, the Champion Beetle will not spawn.

> * The green beetle might need to be killed more than once

> * The Hylek event does not have to be completed; Torin isn't sure if both events can be up simultaneously.

> * At least 10 minutes must pass since the last kill. 15 minutes seems to be the better average, but it is possible to get it spawn before that (see: fourth test)

Additionally, it doesn't spawn in a single location. I know of at least two spots that I've seen it, both within "hearing" distance of the other (so you could camp either).