Gen2 Legendary Longbow - Pharus, thoughts?

> @"Nury.3062" said:

> Anet, can we maybe get a quiver to match that phancy* new legendary longbow ? Would be nice to have a quiver to match it ,shooting white arrows while having a quiver with normal or fiery arrows,not quite nice. Tbh i would prefer a chaos style quiver or even the style of the legendary longbow...i would be ok,not so much,with a ghostly one...

> So,any chance for that to happen?

in the not equipped form, make a quiver, and when the character will equips the weapon, it removes an arrow from the quiver and the longbow shows up in his hands, like falling the sky, like a SHOOTING STAR!!!!!

> @"Nury.3062" said:

> Anet, can we maybe get a quiver to match that phancy* new legendary longbow ? Would be nice to have a quiver to match it ,shooting white arrows while having a quiver with normal or fiery arrows,not quite nice. Tbh i would prefer a chaos style quiver or even the style of the legendary longbow...i would be ok,not so much,with a ghostly one...

> So,any chance for that to happen?

If it came with a matching quiver backpack skin then it would be more legendary. And I don't think it would be too unusual for it to give something extra when you craft it considering they made a couple legendaries give instrument novelties.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > @"Nury.3062" said:

> > Anet, can we maybe get a quiver to match that phancy* new legendary longbow ? Would be nice to have a quiver to match it ,shooting white arrows while having a quiver with normal or fiery arrows,not quite nice. Tbh i would prefer a chaos style quiver or even the style of the legendary longbow...i would be ok,not so much,with a ghostly one...

> > So,any chance for that to happen?

>

> If it came with a matching quiver backpack skin then it would be more legendary. And I don't think it would be too unusual for it to give something extra when you craft it considering they made a couple legendaries give instrument novelties.

who needs quivers? :lol:

Start at 8:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ix37gFcwA&t=8m26s

> @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> I hope they'll finally learn and make the way to the new legendary available in wvw. I really hate having to do fractals for legendaries. Give us the option to achieve parts of it in wvw.

None of the gen 2.5 legendaries *require* fractals - the only stuff from fractals that's needed is tradeable.

You mean I can ignore this:

Master of the Cliff Threaten the Colossus in the Cliffside fractal after freeing him from his bonds.

Fiercest Feline Defeat Old Tom in the Uncategorized fractal.

Cat's Grace Defeat Captain Mai Trin in her fractal.

Souvenir Cat Ears Defeat Captain Ashym in the Urban Battleground fractal.

> You mean I can ignore this:

>

> Master of the Cliff Threaten the Colossus in the Cliffside fractal after freeing him from his bonds.

> Fiercest Feline Defeat Old Tom in the Uncategorized fractal.

> Cat's Grace Defeat Captain Mai Trin in her fractal.

> Souvenir Cat Ears Defeat Captain Ashym in the Urban Battleground fractal.

Those are the gen 2 legendaries. The poster specified the 2.5 legendaries (everything after Chuka and CHampawat which didn't utilise collections). Yes fractals are still required for gen 2.

> You mean I can ignore this:

>

> Master of the Cliff Threaten the Colossus in the Cliffside fractal after freeing him from his bonds.

> Fiercest Feline Defeat Old Tom in the Uncategorized fractal.

> Cat's Grace Defeat Captain Mai Trin in her fractal.

> Souvenir Cat Ears Defeat Captain Ashym in the Urban Battleground fractal.

You asked, in relation to a new legendary, if "they will finally learn". That strongly indicates thag you're looking towards the coming and other future legendaries.

No legendary since Eureka has had collections, ergo they don't require anything from fractals except the tradeable Stabilizing Matrices.

> I hope they'll finally learn and make the way to the new legendary available in wvw. I really hate having to do fractals for legendaries. Give us the option to achieve parts of it in wvw.

What do you mean? Some of the parts you need you have to do WvW for already. And I hate doing WvW and sPvP for that matter. The gift of war and of battle for example are gained through WvW as far as I can tell.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > I hope they'll finally learn and make the way to the new legendary available in wvw. I really hate having to do fractals for legendaries. Give us the option to achieve parts of it in wvw.

>

> What do you mean? Some of the parts you need you have to do WvW for already. And I hate doing WvW and sPvP for that matter. The gift of war and of battle for example are gained through WvW as far as I can tell.

You mean those things you get by being afk in spawn for a day?

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > > I hope they'll finally learn and make the way to the new legendary available in wvw. I really hate having to do fractals for legendaries. Give us the option to achieve parts of it in wvw.

> >

> > What do you mean? Some of the parts you need you have to do WvW for already. And I hate doing WvW and sPvP for that matter. The gift of war and of battle for example are gained through WvW as far as I can tell.

>

> You mean those things you get by being afk in spawn for a day?

That's not the point. There are things that you can get via WvW already. Whether it's boring or not is another matter.

> > > I hope they'll finally learn and make the way to the new legendary available in wvw. I really hate having to do fractals for legendaries. Give us the option to achieve parts of it in wvw.

> >

> > What do you mean? Some of the parts you need you have to do WvW for already. And I hate doing WvW and sPvP for that matter. The gift of war and of battle for example are gained through WvW as far as I can tell.

>

> You mean those things you get by being afk in spawn for a day?

Yea no..it takes me half a day of active roaming at t6 participation to get one, afking at spawn would be way slower than that.

But this is getting so far off topic its not even funny.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > > > I hope they'll finally learn and make the way to the new legendary available in wvw. I really hate having to do fractals for legendaries. Give us the option to achieve parts of it in wvw.

> > >

> > > What do you mean? Some of the parts you need you have to do WvW for already. And I hate doing WvW and sPvP for that matter. The gift of war and of battle for example are gained through WvW as far as I can tell.

> >

> > You mean those things you get by being afk in spawn for a day?

>

> That's not the point. There are things that you can get via WvW already. Whether it's boring or not is another matter.

Of course it is. It's a big difference if you have play active in fractals or afk at spawn with tier 6 participation. Just look at how many people afk in wvw on a daily basis. On some maps you have a 30% afk quota. Think about that when trying to play a fractal and 2 people of your group afk at start and wait until the others do the stuff.

**And if they introduce new legendaries it would be the perfect time to rework the old ones** to either be able to choose which content you wanna play for your legendary or equal the whole thing out between old and new. I have no problem with having to actively play stuff for getting something in return - the legendary wvw armor is way harder to get than the comparable ones - but it should be fun content. And fractals isn't for me. Give me a "Kill 25000 people in alpine bl" or something and I go there.

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"gebrechen.5643" said:

> > > > > I hope they'll finally learn and make the way to the new legendary available in wvw. I really hate having to do fractals for legendaries. Give us the option to achieve parts of it in wvw.

> > > >

> > > > What do you mean? Some of the parts you need you have to do WvW for already. And I hate doing WvW and sPvP for that matter. The gift of war and of battle for example are gained through WvW as far as I can tell.

> > >

> > > You mean those things you get by being afk in spawn for a day?

> >

> > That's not the point. There are things that you can get via WvW already. Whether it's boring or not is another matter.

>

> Of course it is. It's a big difference if you have play active in fractals or afk at spawn with tier 6 participation. Just look at how many people afk in wvw on a daily basis. On some maps you have a 30% afk quota. Think about that when trying to play a fractal and 2 people of your group afk at start and wait until the others do the stuff.

>

Well maybe it would be better to remove WvW from the requirements then. They can take sPvP away from it as well. I mean why should your wishes be more important than mine right? (and no this is not as serious suggestion)

> **And if they introduce new legendaries it would be the perfect time to rework the old ones** to either be able to choose which content you wanna play for your legendary or equal the whole thing out between old and new. I have no problem with having to actively play stuff for getting something in return - the legendary wvw armor is way harder to get than the comparable ones - but it should be fun content. And fractals isn't for me. Give me a "Kill 25000 people in alpine bl" or something and I go there.

Reworking will never happen. Then they'll tick off all the people who had to do it the way that it has always been. This bow is part of gen 2 so will have a gen 2 recipe I'm sure. Maybe for gen 3 they can make some changes.

There is nothing for ArenaNet to learn here. Do you seriously think that because you're upset at this that this is a learning moment for them? Do you see yourself as that important? I'm sure you're not the only one in the game who'd like these changes but I think most people don't agree or don't care. They'd rather afk in WvW than have to do WvW actively because they hate WvW as much as you hate fractals. And hey according to other people you can buy the fractals stuff you need so there.

You see that's the thing for me. If I like this bow enough to go through the trouble of acquiring it, then I'll have to do sPvP and WvW, which I hate. So I have a choice, I either put up with it or I don't get the bow. That's the reality. I guess I'll find out how much I really want that bow but if I really want it, I'll put up with it.

• 2 weeks later...