Condi Mirage in PvE

otto.5684

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't heard about dps chrono until recently and tested the build out just for giggles. Wind up doing 15k which is still low but I've never gotten anywhere close to benchmarks. Though, wow, this is braindead and easy and high damage. Let me see how it compares to my condi mirage. So I try out the old condi mirage build that used to be meta spamming ambush attacks to keep up condis. A lot of work despite spamming auto attacks and wind up barely getting a little over 14k. Then I try out the new metabattle shatter condi mirage build which is apparently rocket science to hit anywhere near benchmark because I could barely get 11k and it's just too frustrating to bother with.

So, long story short, why would I play condi mirage and put in 5 times the amount of effort when I can just play dps chrono and spam sword 5, focus 5, disenchant, defender, and use shatters and heals every now and then and get better results? It's ridiculous. And honestly, it isn't really what I wanted when I said I wanted a power dps build for mesmers, but it technically fills the role so I think I'll stick with it for awhile.

I hate that I went through all of that effort to get viper what nots for my mirage and the animations look really cool, but it's just been gutted in pve too much to even matter. Maybe with some insane build crafting you could find something to make condi mirage easier and higher damage, but at the moment dps chrono is just way easier and better with a much lower chance of messing up your "rotation."

Honestly? Nope. Didnt see anyone hate on mirage in raids in this or last week. They dropped a little from dps chart, if both mirage and other class perfectly executes their rotation, but in most situations - where people don't rotate perfectly - it's still quite good.

I mean, its not super-meta now, but its doing ok and is still much wanted at some bosses (e.g. Matthias, Twin Largos etc.)..

I think its dps could be boosted a little bit in pve, but mirages are still good.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> I hadn't heard about dps chrono until recently and tested the build out just for giggles. Wind up doing 15k which is still low but I've never gotten anywhere close to benchmarks. Though, wow, this is braindead and easy and high damage. Let me see how it compares to my condi mirage. So I try out the old condi mirage build that used to be meta spamming ambush attacks to keep up condis. A lot of work despite spamming auto attacks and wind up barely getting a little over 14k. Then I try out the new metabattle shatter condi mirage build which is apparently rocket science to hit anywhere near benchmark because I could barely get 11k and it's just too frustrating to bother with.

>

> So, long story short, why would I play condi mirage and put in 5 times the amount of effort when I can just play dps chrono and spam sword 5, focus 5, disenchant, defender, and use shatters and heals every now and then and get better results? It's ridiculous. And honestly, it isn't really what I wanted when I said I wanted a power dps build for mesmers, but it technically fills the role so I think I'll stick with it for awhile.

>

> I hate that I went through all of that effort to get viper what nots for my mirage and the animations look really cool, but it's just been gutted in pve too much to even matter. Maybe with some insane build crafting you could find something to make condi mirage easier and higher damage, but at the moment dps chrono is just way easier and better with a much lower chance of messing up your "rotation."

If you tested on a Golem I'm not sure there is a way to test with Confusion and Torment, since one requires the Golem to attack (I've seen my own confusion tick for 10k), and Torment requires the Golem to be moving for maximum damage.

• 3 weeks later...

>

> If you tested on a Golem I'm not sure there is a way to test with Confusion and Torment, since one requires the Golem to attack (I've seen my own confusion tick for 10k), and Torment requires the Golem to be moving for maximum damage.

>

Actually, if you’re running arcdps and have logging enabled you can check how much confusion you apply to the golem by parsing the log using dps.report I think for shatterspam mirage you wanna aim for 21+ confusion

I did some really simple rotations on a golem, and the condi mirage with 3 clones came out to 20k DPS, putting it higher than every other condi build I tested. Considering that this was done just auto attacking with axe, that is pretty good. Though personally I'm still debating whether I should switch my build over from the old Dueling/Chaos/Mirage build with Elementalist Runes and Superiority Complex to the new shatter one. The shatter one is interesting, but darn it my wrists hurt a lot, and the other build was much easier to play.

Having camped condi mirage for awhile, I can give my verdict:

Overworld: Ramp up is slow. Enemies die fast, but they'd die much faster with power.

Fractals: Ramp up is still too slow. Playing condi mirage in anything but a poor quality pug will mean enemies die long before you can do significant damage.

Raids: I don't raid, but I suspect little has changed here.