Thief is trash and needs buffs

Crab Fear.1624

> @"SteepledHat.1345" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > Keep pushing deadeye but also nerfing it, and you keep pushing my wallet closed.

> > >

> > > same goes for all the other classes.

> > >

> > > all the versions of each class should be viable.

> > >

> > > what do we get?

> > >

> > > pof or potatoes unless you are rev

> >

> > We either have a fun game for the masses...or we have a "viable" class for the thief community, problem is exactly that the version of viable for the thief community would make the game unfun again for the rest of the population, maybe thieves should accept finally that vision shared by anet : extremely mobile+1 and sneaky scout...rather than uncatchable duellist with impossible damage and instant mechanics...personally I will go with anet vision...sorry I don't like the idea of going back to the old days

>

> This is the same garbage logic I see applied to mesmer time and again. Thief has never been broken. Even deadeye was not broken. It was simply annoying. This is the same kind of excuses you see everyone making until they understand mesmer and thief. It's honestly just about getting better.

"Thief has never been broken"...and this is why the devs don't put much faith into player feedback ....being it mostly biased and unrealiable

> @"SteepledHat.1345" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > Keep pushing deadeye but also nerfing it, and you keep pushing my wallet closed.

> > >

> > > same goes for all the other classes.

> > >

> > > all the versions of each class should be viable.

> > >

> > > what do we get?

> > >

> > > pof or potatoes unless you are rev

> >

> > We either have a fun game for the masses...or we have a "viable" class for the thief community, problem is exactly that the version of viable for the thief community would make the game unfun again for the rest of the population, maybe thieves should accept finally that vision shared by anet : extremely mobile+1 and sneaky scout...rather than uncatchable duellist with impossible damage and instant mechanics...personally I will go with anet vision...sorry I don't like the idea of going back to the old days

>

> This is the same garbage logic I see applied to mesmer time and again. Thief has never been broken. Even deadeye was not broken. It was simply annoying. This is the same kind of excuses you see everyone making until they understand mesmer and thief. It's honestly just about getting better.

What about the nerf to double pistol? it was a troll build which could easily be countered with magnetic aura, and it got nerfed into the ground.

Sure it hit hard, but it was super easy to put down.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"SteepledHat.1345" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > Keep pushing deadeye but also nerfing it, and you keep pushing my wallet closed.

> > > >

> > > > same goes for all the other classes.

> > > >

> > > > all the versions of each class should be viable.

> > > >

> > > > what do we get?

> > > >

> > > > pof or potatoes unless you are rev

> > >

> > > We either have a fun game for the masses...or we have a "viable" class for the thief community, problem is exactly that the version of viable for the thief community would make the game unfun again for the rest of the population, maybe thieves should accept finally that vision shared by anet : extremely mobile+1 and sneaky scout...rather than uncatchable duellist with impossible damage and instant mechanics...personally I will go with anet vision...sorry I don't like the idea of going back to the old days

> >

> > This is the same garbage logic I see applied to mesmer time and again. Thief has never been broken. Even deadeye was not broken. It was simply annoying. This is the same kind of excuses you see everyone making until they understand mesmer and thief. It's honestly just about getting better.

>

> What about the nerf to double pistol? it was a troll build which could easily be countered with magnetic aura, and it got nerfed into the ground.

>

> Sure it hit hard, but it was super easy to put down.

It shouldn't have hit hard, though, considering you could spam unload back to back. That's the problem with initiative though and will continue until it gets reworked into something else.

> @"warherox.7943" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"SteepledHat.1345" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > > Keep pushing deadeye but also nerfing it, and you keep pushing my wallet closed.

> > > > >

> > > > > same goes for all the other classes.

> > > > >

> > > > > all the versions of each class should be viable.

> > > > >

> > > > > what do we get?

> > > > >

> > > > > pof or potatoes unless you are rev

> > > >

> > > > We either have a fun game for the masses...or we have a "viable" class for the thief community, problem is exactly that the version of viable for the thief community would make the game unfun again for the rest of the population, maybe thieves should accept finally that vision shared by anet : extremely mobile+1 and sneaky scout...rather than uncatchable duellist with impossible damage and instant mechanics...personally I will go with anet vision...sorry I don't like the idea of going back to the old days

> > >

> > > This is the same garbage logic I see applied to mesmer time and again. Thief has never been broken. Even deadeye was not broken. It was simply annoying. This is the same kind of excuses you see everyone making until they understand mesmer and thief. It's honestly just about getting better.

> >

> > What about the nerf to double pistol? it was a troll build which could easily be countered with magnetic aura, and it got nerfed into the ground.

> >

> > Sure it hit hard, but it was super easy to put down.

>

> It shouldn't have hit hard, though, considering you could spam unload back to back. That's the problem with initiative though and will continue until it gets reworked into something else.

Point is, its a cheese mechanic to troll that can be countered, but yeah the initiative needs reworked.

With so many ways to avoid such as invulns and mirages have dodges and such, and eles can give mass magnetic earth, necros have poison cloud on well and they have a attack that blocks projectiles in reaper shroud and soulbeast has a ton of invulns.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"SteepledHat.1345" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > Keep pushing deadeye but also nerfing it, and you keep pushing my wallet closed.

> > > >

> > > > same goes for all the other classes.

> > > >

> > > > all the versions of each class should be viable.

> > > >

> > > > what do we get?

> > > >

> > > > pof or potatoes unless you are rev

> > >

> > > We either have a fun game for the masses...or we have a "viable" class for the thief community, problem is exactly that the version of viable for the thief community would make the game unfun again for the rest of the population, maybe thieves should accept finally that vision shared by anet : extremely mobile+1 and sneaky scout...rather than uncatchable duellist with impossible damage and instant mechanics...personally I will go with anet vision...sorry I don't like the idea of going back to the old days

> >

> > This is the same garbage logic I see applied to mesmer time and again. Thief has never been broken. Even deadeye was not broken. It was simply annoying. This is the same kind of excuses you see everyone making until they understand mesmer and thief. It's honestly just about getting better.

>

> "Thief has never been broken"...and this is why the devs don't put much faith into player feedback ....being it mostly biased and unrealiable

Well its true...

Thieves are like mosquitoes once you learn to deal with them and since all the nerfs they have become like flies, but flies are still annoying so people will be looking to get rid of em.

I play Tempest which is widely known as "trash" tier, I have no issues unless I fight a good thief, so in theory it should be easier to deal with for others.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > Every thief's specs are viable.

> >

> >

> > Ninja Nurse isn’t Viable :(

> That is the next spec for thief the ninja medic, a support class that excels at being undetected while buff the group to stupid levels.

>

It was a spec along time ago was barely viable back then(when it had the stats and Runes to support it). I wouldn’t want another stealth based build, already DE stealth is causing massive qq, but I wouldn’t put it past them to do something as thoughtless as that though.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > Every thief's specs are viable.

> > >

> > >

> > > Ninja Nurse isn’t Viable :(

> > That is the next spec for thief the ninja medic, a support class that excels at being undetected while buff the group to stupid levels.

> >

>

> It was a spec along time ago was barely viable back then(when it had the stats and Runes to support it). I wouldn’t want another stealth based build, already DE stealth is causing massive qq, but I wouldn’t put it past them to do something as thoughtless as that though.

Thief has three ways of avoiding damage. Stealth , evades and Ports. I think a Port Centric build is a logical iteration wherein more benefits gained off a port. That said , with complaints about evade based builds, and complaints made about stealth based builds I am sure the QQ would fire up anew with port based builds. Quite frankly massive qq is par for the course when it comes to people complaining about thief.

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > Every thief's specs are viable.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ninja Nurse isn’t Viable :(

> > > That is the next spec for thief the ninja medic, a support class that excels at being undetected while buff the group to stupid levels.

> > >

> >

> > It was a spec along time ago was barely viable back then(when it had the stats and Runes to support it). I wouldn’t want another stealth based build, already DE stealth is causing massive qq, but I wouldn’t put it past them to do something as thoughtless as that though.

>

> Thief has three ways of avoiding damage. Stealth , evades and Ports. I think a Port Centric build is a logical iteration wherein more benefits gained off a port. That said , with complaints about evade based builds, and complaints made about stealth based builds I am sure the QQ would fire up anew with port based builds. Quite frankly massive qq is par for the course when it comes to people complaining about thief.

That’s the case for every class in game, players will qq about their main being underpowered no matter what while screaming everything else is OP. People already qq about Thief Mobility/Shadowsteps already or any other class with ports.

> @"Toan.7326" said:

> Sorry to say but I hate deadeye so much. I main mirage in pvp, I have to burn my fingers to rank up. Deadeye is totally trash I agree, staying at 1200 range and spam buttons like an idiot. I lost a lot of game with deadeye so I am very scare about them. From my opinion Anet should remove that class out of PVP. I don't know how good the good deadeye is but I haven't seen any in my team . Anet is ridiculous

They sit at range and spamm buttons like an idiot.

Are you salty much buddy ? Your comment is ridiculous.Ridicule an entire playerbase using a specific spec because they made you go booboo.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > Every thief's specs are viable.

> >

> > Pistol nomads isn't viable

>

> It still has stealth, mobility and cc.

> Or like we say in this Forum:

>

> Perma stealth, best mobility ingame and endless cc!

>

> So obviously its still op.

>

...damn you right ?