an idea to make thieves more undesirable

Casiano.2705

> @"Menyus.4610" said:

> Very good idea, they should nerf initiative, so you could not stack stealth and all when ooc, this way you can still use stealth attack for engage by using skills like BP, HEal skill, shadow refugee, shadow refugee already op by its pulsing stealth, and it CAN STACK UP TO 12 SECONDS :OOOOOO..

> I extremely support this idea, this could also make thieves not gank every 15 seconds, but only like 30-60 when their cds got off, i extremely hate when me the full zerker elementalist with staff dies to a thief by ONLY ONE LISTEN CLSOELY ONE SKILL "Backstab", this way we could reduce this, also nerf aa on dagger because i really hate when a thief does 2 x 600 Double Strike to me cos that is like 1200 and 1200 is like 12.5% hp of my staff elementalist, this way i have to like respawn from waypoint cos a cheese ov erpowered thief can like aa me in 5 seconds, i cant even move my mouse to endurance bar to click and dodge

If you are full zerk staff ele I think that click dodging may be a bad idea in any encounter no matter what classes you will face - hammer rev can delete you even easier. Your reasonings are coming from a more biased view rather than a constructive one, we have to look at this problem from both sides and not from the perspective of "it's killing me nerf it". I highly suggest binding the dodge key to an easily reached keyboard or mouse button - in my case I've replaced S with dodge since backtracking is bad in most cases anyway, but I did rebind it to my V key. A thief will usually try to single an out of position squishy backline class or those trying to get to their Zerg - it's all they can do basically for the most part, apart from roaming and ganking.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > The zerker staff ele guy was trolling guys

> >

> > atleast now i know why anet nerf us, cos the avg player IQ is around -5

>

> but that leads to the issue that you can hardly tell who is trolling and who isnt in these forums.

On the plus side, it makes for funny salty whispers when they accuse you of abusing backstab when you're not running dagger xD

> @"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

> to the DEVs, i present to you,

>

> please make thieves' INITIATIVE outside of combat starts at ZERO, to make it inline with other professions mechanics like adrenaline, life force, astral force,

>

> and initiative will decay like adrenaline when out of combat

>

> in this change we will have an assurance that thieves will stay more engaged in combat, rather than running away from opponents.

>

> and in this proposition, thieves cannot spam hard hitting skills at the start of engagement like vault, three round burst etc.

>

> since they have already made this work to lead attacks, i would like this to be implemented in initiative system.

>

> PS. for compensating the said changes, NO Cool Down on weapon swap is given

>

> edit: additional undesirable nerf

>

> all stealth skills (across all classes) will have a max duration of 3s and CANNOT be stacked, and there will be a revealed debuff of 1s everytime you exit stealth

> (so no more surprise attacks from stealth stacking malicious backstab builds) and no more stealth stacking in general

>

> Thank you

>

so in order to start a fight i need to 111111111 cus that only skill that doesnt need initiative?

i have seen years of thief nerfing and i never give a damn but if this would come tru im done with gw2 :p.

this isnt a nerf this is just last nail to the coffin..

just ask for a DE trait line nerf and not the rest.

> @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > The zerker staff ele guy was trolling guys

> > >

> > > atleast now i know why anet nerf us, cos the avg player IQ is around -5

> >

> > but that leads to the issue that you can hardly tell who is trolling and who isnt in these forums.

>

> On the plus side, it makes for funny salty whispers when they accuse you of abusing backstab when you're not running dagger xD

You totally Backstabbed me with your P/P SB Thief, I seent it!!’

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > The zerker staff ele guy was trolling guys

> > > >

> > > > atleast now i know why anet nerf us, cos the avg player IQ is around -5

> > >

> > > but that leads to the issue that you can hardly tell who is trolling and who isnt in these forums.

> >

> > On the plus side, it makes for funny salty whispers when they accuse you of abusing backstab when you're not running dagger xD

>

> You totally Backstabbed me with your P/P SB Thief, I seent it!!’

It was strapped to his ankle and damage was increased by ankle shot damage,so op!

> @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > > > The zerker staff ele guy was trolling guys

> > > > >

> > > > > atleast now i know why anet nerf us, cos the avg player IQ is around -5

> > > >

> > > > but that leads to the issue that you can hardly tell who is trolling and who isnt in these forums.

> > >

> > > On the plus side, it makes for funny salty whispers when they accuse you of abusing backstab when you're not running dagger xD

> >

> > You totally Backstabbed me with your P/P SB Thief, I seent it!!’

>

> It was strapped to his ankle and damage was increased by ankle shot damage,so op!

Thief can't apply that many conditions instantly like that! (Immediately after choking gas got the daze)

> @"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

> its going to be a good change, since no one wants to play against a thief who resets and OOC during combat,

>

> so we can penalize thieves who OOC, via no initiative out of combat, and initiative decay when trying to escape from engagement.

>

> this will not affect PvE greatly since thieves just auto attack, and we dont have initial burst like other classes

>

>

So you basically don’t know anything about the thief. Glad to get that one out in the open :)

I’m running S/D core and destroying thief and other classes. There’s only a few that I can’t beat, but I’ll just run away from them. I’d be 100 times more afraid of a good S/D thief than a one trick pony Deadeye that is laughably easy to counter ^_^

> @"Geiir.7603" said:

> > @"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

> > its going to be a good change since no one wants to play against a thief who resets and OOC during combat,

> >

> > so we can penalize thieves who OOC, via no initiative out of combat, and initiative decay when trying to escape from engagement.

> >

> > this will not affect PvE greatly since thieves just auto attack, and we don't have initial burst like other classes

> >

> >

>

> So you basically don’t know anything about the thief. Glad to get that one out in the open :)

>

> I’m running S/D core and destroying thief and other classes. There’s only a few that I can’t beat, but I’ll just run away from them. I’d be 100 times more afraid of a good S/D thief than a one trick pony Deadeye that is laughably easy to counter ^_^

Good for you,

but it goes both ways, in this change if the opponent runs away from a good thief and OOC, he will not be pursued by the good thief because the initiative will deplete out of combat, thieves cannot use sb5 or sword 2, or dagger 2 etc

And forces the thief to use utilities to chase if persistent.

> @"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

> to the DEVs, i present to you,

>

> please make thieves' INITIATIVE outside of combat starts at ZERO, to make it inline with other professions mechanics like adrenaline, **life force**, astral force,

>

> and initiative will decay like adrenaline when out of combat

>

> in this change we will have an assurance that thieves will stay more engaged in combat, rather than running away from opponents.

>

> and in this proposition, thieves cannot spam hard hitting skills at the start of engagement like vault, three round burst etc.

>

> since they have already made this work to lead attacks, i would like this to be implemented in initiative system.

>

> PS. for compensating the said changes, NO Cool Down on weapon swap is given

>

> edit: additional undesirable nerf

>

> all stealth skills (across all classes) will have a max duration of 3s and CANNOT be stacked, and there will be a revealed debuff of 1s everytime you exit stealth

> (so no more surprise attacks from stealth stacking malicious backstab builds) and no more stealth stacking in general

>

> Thank you

>

Erm, last time I checked Necro **life force** does not decay out of combat either ... that being said, nerf necro more :dizzy:

Why not just add cooldowns to each weapon skill to be more like Revenant energy? And then add a new specialization line in next xpac that removes the new weapon cooldowns. >.<

> @"Artaz.3819" said:

> > @"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

> > to the DEVs, i present to you,

> >

> > please make thieves' INITIATIVE outside of combat starts at ZERO, to make it inline with other professions mechanics like adrenaline, **life force**, astral force,

> >

> > and initiative will decay like adrenaline when out of combat

> >

> > in this change we will have an assurance that thieves will stay more engaged in combat, rather than running away from opponents.

> >

> > and in this proposition, thieves cannot spam hard hitting skills at the start of engagement like vault, three round burst etc.

> >

> > since they have already made this work to lead attacks, i would like this to be implemented in initiative system.

> >

> > PS. for compensating the said changes, NO Cool Down on weapon swap is given

> >

> > edit: additional undesirable nerf

> >

> > all stealth skills (across all classes) will have a max duration of 3s and CANNOT be stacked, and there will be a revealed debuff of 1s everytime you exit stealth

> > (so no more surprise attacks from stealth stacking malicious backstab builds) and no more stealth stacking in general

> >

> > Thank you

> >

>

> Erm, last time I checked Necro **life force** does not decay out of combat either ... that being said, nerf necro more :dizzy:

>

> Why not just add cooldowns to each weapon skill to be more like Revenant energy? And then add a new specialization line in next xpac that removes the new weapon cooldowns. >.<

>

i dont know if its clear or not, i said in my post decay like adrenaline

as we are nearing jan 8,

im hopeful that there will be a mini balance patch that will address the initiative system that i proposed.

im still for this brigade, so that a new change for thieves will occur,

again, if stealth and initiative skill spamming makes the devs not wanting to buff thief, then by all means, REMOVE stealth, and make INITIATIVE start at ZERO out of combat, and will decay when out of combat

and in this change i would like the WEAPON swap cool down to be removed for compensation

> @"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

> as we are nearing jan 8,

>

> im hopeful that there will be a mini balance patch that will address the initiative system that i proposed.

>

> im still for this brigade, so that a new change for thieves will occur,

>

> again, if stealth and initiative skill spamming makes the devs not wanting to buff thief, then by all means, REMOVE stealth, **and make INITIATIVE start at ZERO out of combat, and will decay when out of combat**

>

> and in this change i would like the WEAPON swap cool down to be removed for compensation

Why would you think that's a good idea?

I dont mind the idea behind it but this would require a **total revamp** to work rather than the piddly compensation of unlimited weapon swap. Initiative spending skills must hit far harder and perhaps can have a cd to use when no iniative is avaiable else thief would have 0 burst potential while almost every other class with cd skills has.

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> If thief started at half initiative and could change weapons without CD I'm in. I would like to see that change but I know it wouldn't be to healthy and all other classes would cry about it.

> But I still claim, op has no idea about balancing, and looks like anet dev spy

If I am an ANet spy, then it's already ready to be shipped, just seeing what the community is at. ?

As I stated no cool down with zero initiative and decay

and imagine on this change,

in spvp thieves cannot decap that fast anymore outside of combat since you will have ZERO initiative outside of combat, no more sb5

because i still consider that "DECAPPING and +1" is not a role for thieves anymore, since everyone can do it more effectively than thieves,

this will force ANET to rework thieves to a more reliable class.

add a passive on our F1 skill "new passive: steal 1 boon every 5 secs"