What’s your FUN wvw profession and build?

Psycoprophet.8107

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing all kinds of necro.

Least fun would be deadeye for sure, I just can't bring myself to onehit people out of stealth. That just feels so annoying, like deadeye was made for 10years old kids, so they can fap on themselves onehitting other people.

As well as mesmer and ranger.

I'm having fun trolling and killing people with crazy necro builds. But often I just loose, because I'm playing necro

My go-to is Power Hamemr Rev. Pretty awful in a 1v1, but makes an awesome +1 in small groups, and is super fun in squads of 10+. Can switch from full DPS (Glint) to support/stab (Jalis) with a button press. Good for fights, PPT, and even dailies so long as I don't run into a roamer.

But almost equally fun is my Medi-Scrapper. I don't play support in GW2 (or any MMO) and I wasn't really digging Engineer, but a friend suggested I give Medi a try in WvW, and after using some ToKs and tossing on some leftover gear I had in the bank, I quickly fell in love. The only problem is that the Medi Scrapper is useless in PPT. Players don't need heals/condi cleanse against NPC, so unless you're getting in to a lot of fights, or you are attacking objectives that have high levels of siege, it's pretty boring to play and you get little to no WXP/bags. And taking down a sentry by yourself wearing Minstrels is a pain, so forget solo dailies.

I play mostly chrono (with some weird build mixtures), since that's the class I've played the most overall and I'm still having fun with it. Melee ele, power reaper and the average tanky guard are still some good picks for me though.

I mostly make builds myself since it's the most fun for me, plus I dont like playing with condi too much. But that's just some personal thoughts.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXmnvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrklTFh94zqqXCdKNwhHA-jFSHQBlTfAjU/BAPAgAcCAEwxAYjKB11+DFU5XAgDg5Lf5nPARBdaA-w

This is what I have been running for the past month or so. It's relatively unoptimized because I just used the trinkets I had in my bank, but they seem to work well for me. I swear it's the most fun build I have ever played. Dodges for days. Pulsating Pestilence and Charged Mists are amazing underrated traits that just make the build so enjoyable. Tormenting Runes carry the build pretty hard. I struggle with a handful of roaming specs and die a lot, but regardless I find the playstyle so fun. Shiro and Mallyx are great fun with each other and offer incredible mobility with Charged Mists. The Retribution changes were definitely helpful and a step forward for trait diversity.

I use the cheap Provisioner dodge food and toughness/vital to condi dmg utility. Couldn't find them on the build editor.