Idea for the next GW2 expansion

But we aready had a season 1, they already released it and deemed it unworthy to continue in the format. I was there and it had its ups and downs. Some things I miss and have fond memories of, some things that would instantly fill up the forums with vigorous outcries if it was released today. I'm not happy that the content is probably gone forever and that every player from now until forever will experience the disconnect between the core story and LS2(best alternative to offer here is a community created, 3 hours long video that recaps LS1-->[found here](

"here")). But brining it back the wayy it ways wouldn't work with the game six years later, bringing it back as fractals would never do it justice, bringing it back as an expansion wouldn't make sense from a timeline perspective, as most of the events happened in core maps. I'd rather have them move foreward than backward anyway.

I actually like the fact that it's gone and that you can't do it anymore, I wish the other living world events were the same. Makes you feel like it's a real world. IRL if you miss an event, you don't get to go back in time and do it again. The fact that it was the case for this was great from an immersion point of view. Makes you feel like you were part of something unique, and I say that even though I did not actually play it. I don't mind it at all.

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> I actually like the fact that it's gone and that you can't do it anymore, I wish the other living world events were the same. Makes you feel like it's a real world. IRL if you miss an event, you don't get to go back in time and do it again. The fact that it was the case for this was great from an immersion point of view. Makes you feel like you were part of something unique, and I say that even though I did not actually play it. I don't mind it at all.

A number of big events are anual irl, lw is prob the biggest event the game gets (raids are already anual so i dont count those). So bringing lw1 or smth back its not something that would make sense compaired to irl scenarios.

> @"Aodlop.1907" said:

> I actually like the fact that it's gone and that you can't do it anymore, I wish the other living world events were the same. Makes you feel like it's a real world. IRL if you miss an event, you don't get to go back in time and do it again. The fact that it was the case for this was great from an immersion point of view. Makes you feel like you were part of something unique, and I say that even though I did not actually play it. I don't mind it at all.

For me, its more immersion breaking to be put in a group of NPCs I've never met before and them acting like we've been best friend teammates for a long time. This was one of my major gripes with LWS2 and HoT, since I did not really care about the new characters and was just wondering where the heck Destiny's Edge went, since you finish Core fighting alongside them.

I think it should be reintroduced, but in instanced content, similar to the flashback scenes in Core. If that's too difficult to implement, I think Ela Makay's introduction should be greatly improved, as currently it is extremely vague and most players forget what she says right after. I think that maybe adding some of the fractals introducing the new characters and maybe some of the more important scenes from LWS1 (capturing Canach in Southsun, killing Scarlet, etc.), could be scaled down and played as single player instances along with Ela's intro so that players who did not get to play LWS1 are not as completely confused as to who everyone is in the story, as they are now.

> For me, its more immersion breaking to be put in a group of NPCs I've never met before and them acting like we've been best friend teammates for a long time. This was one of my major gripes with LWS2 and HoT, since I did not really care about the new characters and was just wondering where Destiny's Edge went, since you finish Core fighting alongside them.

Yeah but this specific issue is more tied to the "our character is the chosen one" thing than the replayability of the events. If we were aventurers & soldiers fighting alongside the main army against these foes, this wouldn't be an issue. I don't mind chosen one stories in solo games but I don't think they're great in MMOs, since everyone else around us is the chosen one too. Feels awkward.