The insane material cost of the Diviner Insignia [Resolved]

> @"elitegamerz.4965" said:

> It takes 100 branded masses and 5 exquisite serpentine jewels to make ONE insignia. Branded masses seem to be really scarce with no effective means to farm them in mass. The jewels on the otherhand apparently are only obtainable as a POTENTIAL drop from the Thunderhead meta. Really? This can't be the intended material cost. It will take weeks, if not months of farming Thunderhead to craft a single armor set of Diviner gear. Please reduce the cost on this Anet. [https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht](https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht "https://imgur.com/a/1iHn4Ht")

Was able to get over 100 Branded Masses in the first day, without actively farming (i.e., was finishing Jahai achieves, exploring new map, and story in the same time frame). It doesn't seem that difficult to get them with 4 from each heart and nodes all over the map. Hearts are also fast, and the nodes don't seem to be capped like petrified wood or bloodstone, for example. They also seem to be static, a la Winterberries, but that could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"MarkyMark.7615" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > In my experience, the masses respawn fairly quickly and are re-farmable nodes, no?

>

> Once/day and account bound. So no unfortunately.

You can get I think 25 a day running around mining. (unsure if character or account bound since I only got 1 character on said map)

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"MarkyMark.7615" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > In my experience, the masses respawn fairly quickly and are re-farmable nodes, no?

> >

> > Once/day and account bound. So no unfortunately.

>

> You can get I think 25 a day running around mining. (unsure if character or account bound since I only got 1 character on said map)

>

I believe it's account bound. At least when I swapped characters after hitting the limit on one there were no nodes visible for the second character.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> I believe it's account bound. At least when I swapped characters after hitting the limit on one there were no nodes visible for the second character.

True, there is an overall limit. But nodes per se are refarmable on other characters as long as you have not hit the limit yet, right?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Was watching a streamer he got like 4 jewels from the catacomps. I see the meta isnt easily doable with small groups but the catacomps looked doable.

You do need the meta to get into catacombs though, don't you?

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > I believe it's account bound. At least when I swapped characters after hitting the limit on one there were no nodes visible for the second character.

>

> True, there is an overall limit. But nodes per se are refarmable on other characters as long as you have not hit the limit yet, right?

The limit, as mentioned few posts above, is quite small.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > Was watching a streamer he got like 4 jewels from the catacomps. I see the meta isnt easily doable with small groups but the catacomps looked doable.

> You do need the meta to get into catacombs though, don't you?

You can buy the plate pieces or complete plate on the trading post.

I talk to a lot of people about gear. And they tell me their method of doing their gear.

Honestly there are easier methods then farming for diviner’s gear. If you do t4s. You can get the mist trinkets, and just select the diviner’s stats. Which in every few days, you can get 1 trinket. Also bitterfrost allows diviner trinkets as selectable stat. So you can farm that map.

Idk what build your trying to do, but the hardest way is going for the armor. If you do trinkets/weapons. Then just have berserker armor pieces, it’s easier and cheaper. And less Grind. Also easy method to get weapons is, magnetite from raids, fractal drops. You don’t have to do t4s to get a ascended armor, or weapon drop in fractals.

Or in fractals do recs and use fractal pages and craft the marks and get an ascended weapon.

You also have pvp to get mist trinkets. If you do all these things, you truly don’t have to go and get armor. If you get trinkets and weapons, it’s plenty of boon duration, then add some berserker and assassin armor. And it’s less hassle.